Redden Section 8 Hearing

Ethical standards AND the law. There is a law prohibiting witness intimidation. However, making a "threat" or promise to engage in lawful behavior (charging a doc if he violates a law) is a sneaky way around that.

Does there have to be probable cause to threaten a criminal charge against a doctor on the stand? My lawyer told me something once. A lawyer is there to get you out of jail, not to prevent the ride in the cop car to the jail. They may get out of it with some slimy trick, but no lawyer likes to be grieved. And no sneaky way around it will avoid the fact that they have to drive to Lansing to defend themselves. Or go blind with paperwork.

This is the latest trick they are doing criminal charges. In all but the most blatant cases they must not succeed or the entire certification process will be destroyed because no physician will risk a criminal charge over the matter.

Dr. Bob

I would think that threatening a witness to prevent him from testifying for the defendant would violate some ethical regulations, especially if the charge was completely unfounded. The doctor isn't on trial, Bob is.

Dr. Bob

The judge said it was the first time she even knew about this and she has been a judge for 20+ years

Does there have to be probable cause to threaten a criminal charge against a doctor on the stand? My lawyer told me something once. A lawyer is there to get you out of jail, not to prevent the ride in the cop car to the jail. They may get out of it with some slimy trick, but no lawyer likes to be grieved. And no sneaky way around it will avoid the fact that they have to drive to Lansing to defend themselves. Or go blind with paperwork.

This is the latest trick they are doing criminal charges. In all but the most blatant cases they must not succeed or the entire certification process will be destroyed because no physician will risk a criminal charge over the matter.

Dr. Bob

Thanks Doc and IMHO that's their plan to stop the hole program but its only a few of us that know this

Most still think they are Legal until it happens too them

Thanks again

Does there have to be probable cause to threaten a criminal charge against a doctor on the stand?

That's part of the manipulation. Doc, your records from x date, when we first subpoenaed them, show y info. Your records from w date, months later, show z info. Why, when we first subpoenaed the records, didn't you provide us with ALL of the records(z info)? Or maybe you did and what you are showing us now is a record that was materially changed in the interim. IF you testify and your testimony provides the probable cause THEN we will file charges against you.

There's the threat. An "if, then" threat that scares the doc and covers the prosecutor from ethics or law violations.

I don't need to change records, they are right in the file for the asking. Furthermore, with something like chronic severe pain, the record is pretty clear.

Like I said, they can try, and answer for it with the bar. I don't need to stand for threats when I am there to present facts for the jury.

Dr. Bob

I don't need to change records, they are right in the file for the asking. Furthermore, with something like chronic severe pain, the record is pretty clear.

Like I said, they can try, and answer for it with the bar. I don't need to stand for threats when I am there to present facts for the jury.

Dr. Bob

Well said Doc.Call out these Bullies

OK I can fill you in first Michael is someone that knows what has to happen

To win a case and Aaron just sit's their until its time to jump up and say the things that Blows the PA out of the water

David Rudio @ RUDOI Law,com is a Brilliant Lawyer theirs no guessing he's the best of the best

We are very lucky to have a team like these guys

PS you can call me anytime if you need more info

I kinda keep getting this uncomfortable feeling that they are the gears of injustice. It must be terrible for the prohibitionists to see their carefully crafted arrest and punishment industry now under assault.

Why is it for all their education I have this nagging feeling the folks who are continuing their increasingly desperate failed war on a weed are not that bright. They certainly can't count the dollar cost of their intransigence even as they ignore the moral cost of the charade they are enforcing.

I don't wish anyone ill but I'm gonna have a hard time shedding tears when this broke-donkey state starts cutting their oerly generous inflation-proofed pensions.

Meanwhile, if they want to put an old, broke, disabled veteran in jail to stoke their egos and protect the sweet-tit of public monies they've been sucking on for years, so be it. Can't be worse than when they decided I should be an infantryman in SE Asia.

Apologizes but this pisses me off.

Edited by outsideinthecold

I kinda keep getting this uncomfortable feeling that they are the gears of injustice. It must be terrible for the prohibitionists to see their carefully crafted arrest and punishment industry now under assault.

Why is it for all their education I have this nagging feeling the folks who are continuing their increasingly desperate failed war on a weed are not that bright. They certainly can't count the dollar cost of their intransigence even as they ignore the moral cost of the charade they are enforcing.

I don't wish anyone ill but I'm gonna have a hard time shedding tears when this broke-donkey state starts cutting their oerly generous inflation-proofed pensions.

Meanwhile, if they want to put an old, broke, disabled veteran in jail to stoke their egos and protect the sweet-tit of public monies they've been sucking on for years, so be it. Can't be worse than when they decided I should be an infantryman in SE Asia.

Apologizes but this pisses me off.

This post speaks to many of us, thank you. "We shall over come."

You can watch the hearing here where the prosecution threatened to charge the doctor....

http://www.examiner....SG-Survey-Close

Bottom line is they are dirty and underhanded, as if we didnt already know that, and I believe the prosecution truly thought that they would make this threat. The doctor would then not testify and they would continue ON with the sec. 8 hearing and that bob and torrey would then NOT be able to prove the doctor cert. and disqualify them from the sec. 8. They tried to just sneak this in and say well we are ready to proceed, which is exactly what they did.

For anyone that says that bob and torrey did anything wrong you need to think about this. If they did something wrong then why are the prosecution still doing EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING to stop the TRUTH from coming out. In fact they even tried to say this in court and DID NOT want the doctor to hear what they were trying to do. Which the JUDGE said no the doctor DOES have a right to know this. This is just discusting.

Bottom line is they want them to take a plea so that the prosecution can get ANY kind of win in this case. Any kind of win right or wrong any kind of win. Now let someone tell me that is just how justice works. If someone thinks that is how justice works then you should not be in law because that is CORRUPT.

Edited by ozzrokk