Need Help For Caregiver Co-Op

truecare

Hello MMM family I have recently decided to greenhouse grow, and with that news I had two other caregivers join me for a greenhouse grow.  I have been put in charge of patient gathering and the other two are in charge of greenhouse building and securing.  The property is owned by me in a rural location and will be fenced in for security and legal reasons.  The biggest problem I am having strangely is finding the last few patients to fill everyones requirement.  I just wanted to ask any of you are there any organizations or groups that I can contact that may need a stock of simpson oil or low cost meds that need caregivers.  I have tried a few of the forums, but I have not found anything solid or serious yet.  We have decided that all patients, our current and new will donate no more than they can afford.  We have a compassionate base meds system which is developed to help those that cannot usually afford meds for normal donation rates.   I know it sounds crazy, but I am very selective on who I sign up that is only, because I have learned from past experience everyone that needs a caregiver might not be the best match for you.  I really would appreciate helpful feedback thank you.  peace, love, and health.

Be careful using the word "we."  The Supreme Court ruled that CG 2 CG transfers are illegal.  And any one CG standing in that greenhouse would be considered to be in possession of every plant there.  So unless you have each grow secured from the other growers and don't transfer meds, you are looking for trouble.  Having multiple CGs growing on the same property invites trouble from the feds if you have over 100 plants total.    This might be why you aren't getting the responses you hoped for from patients.  Smart patients don't want to get wrapped up in a mess. 

Most patients I have talked to tell me that when they see the word "we" they assume  that it is either a CG trying to sound "big," or it is an illegal operation because you have CGs transferring MJ to each other.  Neither would be a good situation.

CO-OPS are not a good idea in the current legal environment your only allowed to work with 5 people in the registry you cannot mingle your grow with others and 5 caregivers growing makes it a sticky situation for the 100 plant rule.

I can see why your not getting people beating your door down to join your co -op its dangerous and risky behavior just last week Jerry Duval was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for having his kids two allotment of plants in his greenhouses in Monroe county  make sure you have a lawyer on retainer your going to need one ready to defend you and those willing to join in this risky venture I wish you luck.

If it mattters to you and your post certinly would suggest it dos not-- the effect of court decisions to date, come down to this.  The only cooperation or co-op or partnership or joint venture or collective or commingling or union, called whatever, allowed--is between a patient and the caregiver he's signed with.  And that excludes cg to cg.

Any patient is protected when he acquires--plants or meds or medibles or concentrates--within patient limits. 

• 4 weeks later...

As a cg how do you acquire genetics legally?

There is nothing in the MMMAct that prevents a CG from mail-ordering seeds.

There is nothing in the MMMAct that prevents a patient from acquiring genetics from his CG and them becoming a CG to others.

Sounds like you're a dispensary owner/supporter with a solution in search of a problem.  The acquisition problems you describe are a red herring.  So either you're being obtuse and posting to try to support the weak dispensary position or you're a real patient looking for help.  If you're looking for help, you  came to the right place.  if you're looking for sheep to follow dispensary ideas, you came to the wrong place.  We're smarter than the straw man arguments.

Well seeds in the mail is federally illegal. I would not go that route personally. Good ones cost a lot and you may not get them. It is not a red herring. It just goes against what this site preaches. It is indeed a problem for CGs to get genetics if they are not a patient. Deflecting from the comment does not make what you are saying true. It is a problem, just not one that this site wants to recognize. "Biased" is probably a better word than "smarter" to describe "we". This site does not advocate for patients that do not agree with their position.

Every cg commits a crime when they acquire genetics?

Getting genetics isn't illegal, giving genetics is.  So, no, but the person they got them from was committing a crime according to the recent ruling of the Michigan Supreme Court.  It's confusing, I know.

1. The conundrum is created by government's broad-brush attempt attempt to regulate a market item.

2. The sc only considers such impossible wickets when clearly framed by a case so that the unfair outcome in law arouses lawmakers to fix it. It won't get much attention until/whenever a CG is stopped in the act of acquiring and the seller gets arrested. It's coming; most likely to haappen in Oakland County.

Edited by pic book

Well seeds in the mail is federally illegal. I would not go that route personally. Good ones cost a lot and you may not get them. It is not a red herring. It just goes against what this site preaches. It is indeed a problem for CGs to get genetics if they are not a patient. Deflecting from the comment does not make what you are saying true. It is a problem, just not one that this site wants to recognize. "Biased" is probably a better word than "smarter" to describe "we". This site does not advocate for patients that do not agree with their position.

As is everything else we do.  So what's your point?

The only legal transfer that has Section 4 protection according to the Michigan Supreme Court is between a registered caregiver and his registered patient.  If your "network/co-op/group" goes beyond that, they would be breaking the law.  There are a few things below that still fall into grey areas that can get you arrested that you might be able to beat in court later.  I've written this list conservatively to keep people out of a jail cell.  Section 8 can always be used as a last ditch defense.

Some things to consider:

1)It's not legal for caregivers to access each others grow.  Even if they are husband and wife, they must have separate, locked enclosed areas if they are both caregivers.

2)While a patient can get MMJ from any caregiver, a caregiver is not allowed to transfer to any registered patient, only to his registered patients.

3)A caregiver is not allowed to transfer to other caregivers.

4)"Daisy chains" (A caregiver selling to a patient that is also a caregiver who then sells that medicine to another patient, who's also a caregiver who can now sell that medicine to another patient/caregiver, ad infinitum.) while technically legal is also legally risky.  It would not be legal for a caregiver to knowingly transfer medicine to a patient that was passing it on to someone else.  If it could be proven that he knew then there are three people involved and the darn LEOs can add conspiracy charges on to anything else they arrest you for.  If you think conspiracy charges are far-fetched, ask Ryan Basore.  He just got four years for conspiracy on top of four that he got for trafficking charges.  Now on the other hand, it's almost impossible to prove that somebody knew something without the person confessing.  So, keep your mouth shut at all times, including while posting on an internet forum.

I found the Fosberg plea agreement and read some media reports of the seven cases. Obviously it would have been prudent to limit the number of plants per property to one caregiver, and of course patient to patient is not legal under current MI law, but I'd like to read about the conspiracy charges (which Fosberg must not of been charged with). Would you be so kind as to post a link?

in fed court, two people conspire to commit a crime = 20 years for 'conspiracy'

in fed court, marijuana manufacture is illegal.

so in fed court, if you talk to another person and grow marijuana together, they can slap conspiracy charge on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(crime)

In December of 2010, shortly after the raids that led to his indictment, Basore was interviewed by the Lansing City Pulse and he acknowledged that he leased units to various medical marijuana caregivers. He insisted that each of the caregivers involved were fully complying with Michigan’s Medical Marijuana Act. However, the Drug Enforcement Administration considered their activities to be a conspiracy. “If you go around and raid individual warehouses and add them all up, yeah you’ll find a lot of plants,” Basore told the City Pulse.

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-sentenced-to-federal-prison-for-lansing-area-medical-marijuana-operations

he admitted doing a federal crime to a newspaper. broke rule #1, never tell anyone you grow.

he did this after he was raided, but then breaks rule #2, everything you say can be used against you.

Edited by t-pain