Caregiver Gas Charge/fee Due To High Gas Prices.

motorcitymeds

Any feed back....I just sent text's to my patients informing them of the 5.00 per trip gas fee.  With over 4.00 gas I see no alternative but to pass the fee on down the poopline.  lol.

I absorbed costs for months but 4.00  gas is my limit.  Only 1 barked but not much to say.  I drive 35-45 to most of my patients so a 5.00 per trip fee does not even get me there and back.

So for most of my patients the fee went from 280.00 to 285.00.  In my eyes I think it is more than fair.

What do some of you CareGiver's think..?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one should be able to charge what they want,, a good grower should pass on the savings to his patients,,,

Not sure how a Price in transportation equals savings..?   care to elaborate how external forces can trimm my fixed costs..??  What you said does not really make sense unless there is something mising?

Id like to have patients willing to pay that price and if they did id not charge them for the delivery nobodys getting those prices in my circle of like minded friends .

At 280 they get a VERY GOOD deal for the quality.  People can hate about what others  do or don't get but at the end of the day do you think college educated people are going to allow themselves to get ripped off.?? 2 of my patients have incurable illnesses but are employed in the auto industry and are not dumb or new to Marijuana.  They are older and wiser than myself and recognize the quality I deliver.

let's be frank not all grow/s are created equal.  I could easily get 300-325.  For the QUALITY of my meds.  However I think 285.00 is still well below what my meds are worth.  Thats why I have extremely loyal people in "my circle". 

However I did not post this to have people be jealous of my pricing. 

King Diamond in my my past life me and you have beefed about this before.  So I am just going to drop it.  And not respond with what my heart really wants to say.

Edited by motorcitymeds

Beefed about what I applaud you having patients willing to be fair and offer you a good fair price for your wares my statement was meant as fact of what patients are willing to pay here in Wayne county I mention $240 and never hear from them again so it is what it is and quality is in the eye of the grower im sure my meds would stand up to anything you grow its 90% genetics 10% skill afterall. .

Beefed about what I applaud you having patients willing to be fair and offer you a good fair price for your wares my statement was meant as fact of what patients are willing to pay here in Wayne county I mention $240 and never hear from them again so it is what it is and quality is in the eye of the grower im sure my meds would stand up to anything you grow its 90% genetics 10% skill afterall. .

Just sent you a PM, however I do concur that Gentics do play a pivotal part of the equation but not all grows are equal and by NO means a solve it all.  Even my big head has managed to screw up KILL KILL genetics.  it happens. 

The only time I discount a strain is if there is a warrant....for example I messed up...I had a DNA sour kush drop pollen and it hit 2 surrounding plants so I had to downgrade due to the error on my part.  Actually it was hermie DNA piece of poop ...it did it on 2 separate runs.

Edited by motorcitymeds

I stay out of Wayne County.  Well Detroit for that matter.  I started in Detroit got sick of the ignorance and got out.  it was not a safe place and has gotten worse since the Great Recession.  However I know guys in the D that get 400.  Now i can't comment on that becuase you can figure out what they are doing and I have no part of that BS.  But you get the point.  Just because 2 separate growers have for example Grape Stomper from the same parent this does not mean they will be exactly the same yield, potency, resin development..etc..etc.

I switch off with my patients.  I go to them,next week, they come to me.

Celliach, OMG you have it made...!!! I spoiled my patients so now they expect me to drive to them and cater to them.  I buried myself..lol..only 1 so far has complained about the 5.00 per trip gas fee.

Wow, I would have assumed that with more patients and CG's, lower Michigan would have cheaper reimbursements than us here in the north! 

Its great that your patients believe they are getting their moneys worth, are happy and you can collect those type of reimbursements.

Do not move to Northern Michigan!!  I do not care how good of stuff one grows, they won't clear that amount regularly, except maybe on the "black market".  (not sure of pricing on the "street")  

This is not an attempt at slamming you - I don't typically comment on reimbursement costs- to each his own.  I just assumed that the urban areas, having more population and CG's would be cheaper than here in the north.  Supply and demand.......

Wow, I would have assumed that with more patients and CG's, lower Michigan would have cheaper reimbursements than us here in the north! 

Its great that your patients believe they are getting their moneys worth, are happy and you can collect those type of reimbursements.

Do not move to Northern Michigan!!  I do not care how good of stuff one grows, they won't clear that amount regularly, except maybe on the "black market".  (not sure of pricing on the "street")  

This is not an attempt at slamming you - I don't typically comment on reimbursement costs- to each his own.  I just assumed that the urban areas, having more population and CG's would be cheaper than here in the north.  Supply and demand.......

Well There is a truth to the supply side economic theories but there is also 1 part people always forget.  That is the HIGH GRADE QUALITY factor or exclusivity part.

Why do people pay absurd amounts of money for old booze like whisky..?  either arrogance and they are rich and like to show off what they have on the shelf or they find Merit in purchasing something.

I am lucky because I have both.  I have worked extremely hnard to obtain Pheno's of Straight dank.  I assure you I am not saying to pump up my own rear end.  because I have no need to do that.  I do not use these forums to boast my business.  I DO NOT need to acquire or desire to be the next big dispensary.  But there is not a level playing field for growing.  Not all people have the same type of homes and some for example have moist damp homes or leaky basements or bad circulation.  Or no AC or Mini-splits, C02, dehumidifying systems....etc, etc

It's just like whole foods....to me they are a rip off and I prefer meijer brand organics, however Meijer brand does not have all the stuff I like so I must go to higher end places.  Not everyone does Organics the same.  Trust me when I tell I have told people over the years to go elsehwere and get their meds.  It is always the same....a few don't come back but the over whelming majority are not satisfied with what the market has.

when you take pride in your work and use several nutes, a mix of soils, amendments, microbes etc..it shows in the end product.  I was not satisfied with General Organics so I had to stay using Roots Organics and rotate the lines every other watering or mix them in the same.  The same went for the soil..I found I wanted more of a rich mixture...so I had to mix in an amendment called Ancient Forest Humus. . . for microbial activity and added diversity.

Rooms never get above 80 degrees.  And never even at night exceed 50% Relative Humidity.  Night temps drop to mid sixties to low sixties depending on how I set my mini-spit to mimic FALL.

So it your a hack and just wanna bang out crops and sell em for 200 hey thats is cool  I have NO hate but for all the work that goes into my work I have to adjust it accordingly.  I have so many fans, timers, blowers, etc that it just is not economically to do what i do and provide such quality for an average price.

Do you think the meat from Walmart and Whole Foods Organics is the same..?? lol...It's not...I assure you what the general public is eating at some food chains is filled with Steroids, GMO's and pesticides.  Guess what gets ingested into our systems at the celllular level.  All the impurities.

Same goes with plants and meds..if you use gas'chemical plant you might get a huge steroided plant but rest assured it will never have the same terpeness, resins, and will definitely not tastes the same as what an Organic Master can produce.  I have tried to find a Hydro Master that made me say you know what it is anequal playing field. it's been 5 yrs now and I have been in NO joke probably dang near a 50-75 grows and yet to find that Hydro or chemical soil guy that has made my big head say "you know what your wrong".  The smoke is just not the same.  And it sucks because I have to constantly explain this over, and over ...and over.

The few that read this and understand wht I am saying will agree but the vast majority just see envy, or jealousy or hate of what someone else is doing.  Sadly.

I understand what you are saying.  I got it.   

If you cater to the "rich/arrogant/showy types" and they have no problem paying your reimbursement costs, they should have no issue with a $5 rate increase. 

LOL...this is why I stopped with this site a few yrs back..it is filled with haters.  who are jealous and envious of the 7 days a week  for 5 yrs straight with NO vacation type of people that work non-stop to be creators. 

do the math.  5 patients x 200 a month = is 1,000 or 200 x 10 is 2,000.  Do you expect someone to live off 2,00 a month?  minus power bill, supplies,nutes,  gas, taxes.  YES unlike many I pay taxes on my L.L.C. an additional 13.1% payroll tax match on myself as the sole member of the LLC and state and federal unemployment.  I f I was comjpensated 200 a zip I would be in line for food stamps or on some government bennies instead of contributing into the system. people live off my hard 7 days a week never ending job.  Yeah...uh huh...right.  Rich people ..showoff the fact that they work to put quality meds into their bodies.  wow. LOL  Just like in the bible there is NO place that says you cannot earn a decent wage and live a proper life. 

Stop the HATE.  If your not happy with what you get..then move onto another job,.  build up your genetics stock or take out a loan out an invest in your grow.  I spent 5 yrs to get to where I am today saving for my house and grow.  And sure amnot going to let some hater call me rich for wanting to earn a decent wage.  And be able to pay my bills and provide for my family and make their future brighter.  Because your a grower does not mean you have to live in squalor in the gutter. 

Rich people...LOL...amazing the Jealousy and hate ENvy that people fill themselves with.

Comments like this get you NO where in llife.  I learned this the hard way. 

And forgot to mention that to deliver the meds one needs a car My car payment and car insurance, then home insurance in case of castastrophe.  So when you add up the bills 200 a month for Shiet like this is not 200.

http://statigr.am/p/369089127070693215_281825124

Edited by motorcitymeds

LOL...this is why I stopped with this site a few yrs back..it is filled with haters.  who are jealous and envious of the 7 days a week  for 5 yrs straight with NO vacation type of people that work non-stop to be creators. 

Hold on a second.....Where in the world did I spew hate?

You need to read what is written and not what you believe is written. 

You have nothing for me to be jealous of.  Absolutely NOTHING.  It would take a lot more than some good genetics and the ability to grow for me to be jealous of anyone. 

Such arrogance...Sheesh!

do the math.  5 patients x 200 a month = is 1,000 or 200 x 10 is 2,000.  Do you expect someone to live off 2,00 a month?  minus power bill, supplies,nutes,  gas, taxes.  YES unlike many I pay taxes on my L.L.C. an additional 13.1% payroll tax match on myself as the sole member of the LLC and state and federal unemployment.  I f I was comjpensated 200 a zip I would be in line for food stamps or on some government bennies instead of contributing into the system. people live off my hard 7 days a week never ending job.  Yeah...uh huh...right.  Rich people ..showoff the fact that they work to put quality meds into their bodies.  wow. LOL  Just like in the bible there is NO place that says you cannot earn a decent wage and live a proper life. 

I can do math wonderfully, thank you.  I did not need a break down of your income.  Many people live on a lot less than $2000 a month.  Many live off of half of that or less on Social Security!!  Thankfully, I am not one that has to depend on government benefits to live but would never slight someone less fortunate. 

You need to read what you wrote.....I was quoting YOUR words.  I don't judge or define a person by there income.  I don't refer to people by the terms you use.

Your words said : "either arrogance and they are rich and like to show off what they have on the shelf or they find Merit in purchasing something"

Stop the HATE.  If your not happy with what you get..then move onto another job,.  build up your genetics stock or take out a loan out an invest in your grow.  I spent 5 yrs to get to where I am today saving for my house and grow.  And sure amnot going to let some hater call me rich for wanting to earn a decent wage.  And be able to pay my bills and provide for my family and make their future brighter.  Because your a grower does not mean you have to live in squalor in the gutter. 

Rich people...LOL...amazing the Jealousy and hate ENvy that people fill themselves with.

AGAIN - I do not hate nor do I project hate.  Hate is like envy - it eats away at a person.  I have no use for it.

You are so far off base - you obviously have no clue.

I do not grow nor do I have any intent on growing.  I leave that to my caregiver. 

I have a job and sufficient funds, I do not need loans to invest in anything.  Thanks for the advise though.

If you read what I wrote, I NEVER called you rich.  I don't know you or your financial situation, nor do I care.  Who knows if what you say is accurate or even holds truth. 

I could careless how rich a person is, especially if they have earned it! 

Comments like this get you NO where in llife.  I learned this the hard way. 

And forgot to mention that to deliver the meds one needs a car My car payment and car insurance, then home insurance in case of castastrophe.  So when you add up the bills 200 a month for Shiet like this is not 200.

http://statigr.am/p/369089127070693215_281825124

I am not looking to get anywhere.  I am pretty aware of myself and the role I play on this earth. Thank you for judging me, without having any clue what you are judging.  I like myself just fine and many others do as well.  I do not need to learn the hard way, although I am glad you learned this lesson.

NOW- after responding to your attack.  You need to take a look in the mirror. Start analyzing yourself.   I was giving you the "feedback" you asked for.  I was not being rude, snarky or sarcastic.  You decided to inflict those things into my statement and throw stones. 

I simply stated that if your patients have no issues with your reimbursement costs, because they are rich and love your quality (YOU said it) - $5 won't be an issue.  Thats what you were asking for feedback on, correct?  How you turned that into hate, I will never understand.

I prefer to fill the world with peace, love and sunshine. 

I will send healing, positive energy your way :blow-a-heart:  It helps "kill the hate". 

Good luck with your endeavors.  In the future, you might want to clarify things before spewing inaccurate garbage at people.  Throw stones another way and get over yourself already.

Hold on a second.....Where in the world did I spew hate?

You need to read what is written and not what you believe is written. 

You have nothing for me to be jealous of.  Absolutely NOTHING.  It would take a lot more than some good genetics and the ability to grow for me to be jealous of anyone. 

Such arrogance...Sheesh!

I can do math wonderfully, thank you.  I did not need a break down of your income.  Many people live on a lot less than $2000 a month.  Many live off of half of that or less on Social Security!!  Thankfully, I am not one that has to depend on government benefits to live but would never slight someone less fortunate. 

You need to read what you wrote.....I was quoting YOUR words.  I don't judge or define a person by there income.  I don't refer to people by the terms you use.

Your words said : "either arrogance and they are rich and like to show off what they have on the shelf or they find Merit in purchasing something"

AGAIN - I do not hate nor do I project hate.  Hate is like envy - it eats away at a person.  I have no use for it.

You are so far off base - you obviously have no clue.

I do not grow nor do I have any intent on growing.  I leave that to my caregiver. 

I have a job and sufficient funds, I do not need loans to invest in anything.  Thanks for the advise though.

If you read what I wrote, I NEVER called you rich.  I don't know you or your financial situation, nor do I care.  Who knows if what you say is accurate or even holds truth. 

I could careless how rich a person is, especially if they have earned it! 

I am not looking to get anywhere.  I am pretty aware of myself and the role I play on this earth. Thank you for judging me, without having any clue what you are judging.  I like myself just fine and many others do as well.  I do not need to learn the hard way, although I am glad you learned this lesson.

NOW- after responding to your attack.  You need to take a look in the mirror. Start analyzing yourself.   I was giving you the "feedback" you asked for.  I was not being rude, snarky or sarcastic.  You decided to inflict those things into my statement and throw stones. 

I simply stated that if your patients have no issues with your reimbursement costs, because they are rich and love your quality (YOU said it) - $5 won't be an issue.  Thats what you were asking for feedback on, correct?  How you turned that into hate, I will never understand.

I prefer to fill the world with peace, love and sunshine. 

I will send healing, positive energy your way :blow-a-heart:  It helps "kill the hate". 

Good luck with your endeavors.  In the future, you might want to clarify things before spewing inaccurate garbage at people.  Throw stones another way.

I have NO hate for anybody.  I live positve and attract positivity that is how succesful people suceed by attractingt like minded individuals.  I do not cater to rich people or people who show off.  You miscontrued the wording.  and called it "rich, showy off people",,.whatever.  Time to go back to what I kow how to do. 

No time to banter.  This is exactly why I can never stay on this site long. 

I have NO hate for anybody.  I live positve and attract positivity that is how succesful people suceed by attractingt like minded individuals.  I do not cater to rich people or people who show off.  You miscontrued the wording.  and called it "rich, showy off people",,.whatever.  Time to go back to what I kow how to do. 

No time to banter.  This is exactly why I can never stay on this site long. 

I used YOUR wording.   Again here is YOUR wording.

Well There is a truth to the supply side economic theories but there is also 1 part people always forget. That is the HIGH GRADE QUALITY factor or exclusivity part.

Why do people pay absurd amounts of money for old booze like whisky..? either arrogance and they are rich and like to show off what they have on the shelf or they find Merit in purchasing something.

But truth be told, I don't like banter either.   YOU asked for feedback and didn't like the response.  Although, I am unsure why, as I was being honest and not in the least bit rude or condenscending.  If you can acquire that amount for your meds, I think its wonderful!  (no sarcasm AT ALL)  If you read my words for what they were instead of interjecting false emotion or sarcasm into them, you would see I was answering your call for "feedback". 

I am sorry you called it wrong this time.  I apologize that you feel I contribute negativity on this site, making you unable to stay.   I try to HELP with facts and often try to refrain from opinions.  You are the one making inaccurate judgements.  You are the one that KNOWS that bringing up reimbursement costs sparks fire here, yet ask for feedback on it.   Perhaps you like banter more than you admit???

I have just one question for you mcm......

What would you do if all of a sudden your phone stopped ringing and your patients no longer wanted your meds because they couldn't afford it?

How long can you go without HAVING to drop your price of reimbursement?

I'd put my meds up to yours ANYDAY and I get 200. Started at 300 but when peeps simply cant afford things you have to adjust.

Oh and I live off less than 2K a month easily.....

I have just one question for you mcm......

What would you do if all of a sudden your phone stopped ringing and your patients no longer wanted your meds because they couldn't afford it?

How long can you go without HAVING to drop your price of reimbursement?

I'd put my meds up to yours ANYDAY and I get 200. Started at 300 but when peeps simply cant afford things you have to adjust.

Oh and I live off less than 2K a month easily.....

Was wondering when Les paul was gonna chirp in..lol.

I don't have to worry about dropping my price and never will.  What ya'll don't get is that there is always a premium paid to PREMIUM products.  Look  at Gucci versus Raybans.  Levi versus BUCKLE BRAND jeans.  Chevy versus Cadillac.  QUALITY.  Do you think people care about price when what your deliverying is better than the rest of the market.?

Les paul I hope you are growing TRIPLE AAA...but if you are why not command TOP TIER for all your hard work.

You see there will always be top dollar for top quality.  When you put your heart, sweat and soul into your work you will always be rewarded I don't care what your doing.

At 200.00 per I will be in the food stamps line then all you tax paying CG's can pay for me to live. lol...that is your paying taxes on your meds like you should be properly.!! 

Edited by motorcitymeds