What's Wrong With Me, I Need Some Help!

trix

Vitamin E for the nocturnal cramping + even though you are drinking (barf) Gatorade you still may be low on potassium.

Gatorade is not really that good for you.  Good ole water is better :)  You may be dehydrated also if you are using the

Gatorade in lieu of lots of water.

We need electrolytes that GA does provide of course but not in the amounts we each may need.

I too have nocturnal cramps Trix, thighs, calves and arch of my feet.  Vitamin E 1000 IU stopped them.  When I run out,

w/ in just a couple of weeks the cramps are back.

You may have put your body in 'shock' too.  You quit everything then started working out... maybe baby steps might be in order ?

There is also a condition that causes extreme pain of the rib cage named Costochodritis.

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/costochondritis

I hope you find out what is happening.

ask for ropinirol.  ropinirol takes 90% of my leg cramps away, and you're right, a cramp can make my tears ebb and flow.  there is slow-release 24-hour ropinirol tabletes avail.

another CG recommended White Rhino for leg cramps but I've never found any to try.

as i type I'm awake at 3 am due to left leg cramp.

by the way, maybe inherited?  my mother her last 30 had leg cramps, and her mother too. 

Edited by pic book

The first thing that crossed my mind was your recent cycle adventures. That could involve your feet, legs and abdominal area. If it's only muscle spasms, it's something that can be somewhat avoided in the future with serious hydration, stretching and pacing yourself. Good luck Trix, hopefully you're recovering more today.

On another note, I think washtenaut posted the diagnosis for my mystery-sidecramp that ended my highschool long distance running career. -

I sometimes have problems that sound very similar to your symptoms, but in no way understand if we are experiencing the exact same thing.  That being said, I usually experience these symptoms when I overdo it in warm weather.  I tend to get dehydrated quickly due to interstitial cystitis, a condition that makes me urinate a lot, and I use an albuterol inhaler which messes up your potassium levels.  To bounce back from serious cramping. like what you're describing, I use a regimen of hydration, calcium, and potassium.  Drink a couple liters of Gatorade or something similar over the course of several hours.  Don't drink it all at once, spread it out over the course of the day.  You can get potassium from bananas, but there's better sources.  White beans, fresh spinach, baked potato skins, and apricots.  For calcium, I usually take a calcium supplement.  They're pretty cheap.  I don't use them all the time mostly when I'm real active in warmer weather.  Make sure you take them with a meal. 

You can try these things without screwing up anything else in your body for the most part. If you don't need the supplements, you'll just expel them, and they're pretty cheap to do.  

Sounds like where the cramps happen, but thing is It happens in my sleep.......

Thank you for that post though, very helpful.. good to know.. when I jog or anything at the gym.. I get extreme pains in the center of my back enough so that I have to leave the gym.

I'm falling apart, and I'm fighting with everything I have to get healthy my body just won't agree with the changes.. Im getting so depressed, I try and try and I just can't hang, Im only 32 and feel 60 :thumbsd:

Im very sorry about the cramps you are gettting, I was getting them in my leg, there is like no pain that compares, it renders you useless untill it passes, can move it, cant do anything till it just finaly passes, im no dr, either but vitamin e may help you, I do a multi vitamin every day, but I also started using vitamin e, I dont eat right, I dont do anything right when it come so my body, ive never had a cramp in my chest, but that would freak me right out lol, my family has heart desease, my dad had his first attack at 41 yrs old, im already almost 10 yrs older than that! my ekg are always good my blood pressure is right on (unless i get p'd off lol) I dont mean to laugh at you, I can totaly relate, you may want to do an after hrs clinic or go to a doc if you have ins, or find one that will take payments, id get some blood work done either way!

Best of luck to you!

Peace

Jim

Since this topic popped back up, I was going to let it alone... After that cramp, the vein is now visible and raised up from the skin.

Wtf, so it cramped up, for a good minute.. was sore for two days, now the spot where the cramp was has a vein raised up off my leg.. yuck

The doctor is in, but has priorities other than to address legitimate medical questions. You will just have to pound sand if you want anything more than uneducated speculation I guess.

Sorry I could not offer more. But hey, I'm no doctor.

Edited by GregS

Since this topic popped back up, I was going to let it alone... After that cramp, the vein is now visible and raised up from the skin.

Wtf, so it cramped up, for a good minute.. was sore for two days, now the spot where the cramp was has a vein raised up off my leg.. yuck

Yea getting old sux!  I keep looking in the mirror and scarring the crap out of my self, I wonder when I became by dad!

I wonder when my arms got shorter becuase I cant read no matter how far I hold that schtuff! lmao

It is hell getting old!

There used to be a saying, she looks good from far away, but when you get up close she is far away from looking good!  It is the oposite for me now, hehehehehe!

You will be ok, but you realy should physicaly see a dr. its always good to get a physical and blood work done, at least once a yr!

Peace

Jim

lol....  Ive worn those goggles before. (beer goggles) or (mom's glasses) both seem to distort the world..

Not looking forward to that phase of aging.. guess it happens to the best of us, some just a little younger..

When it comes to seeing a Dr. I'm all for it, just find it very hard to get along with any of them... I mean no disrespect when I say "the white coats" but that's all Dr's are until they earn my respect.. just cause they went to school for a long time doesn't make them the almighty..  If I have had the same pains all my life,  and the same meds have worked to stop the pain, why after 5 minutes of meeting me would you dismiss me and tell me to try the newest flavor of meds this month.. I know what helps, don't really have much time for what  Dr. "thinks will help" bLah Blah Blah... my dislike is showing.. I will excuse myself, and medicate..

Again, Thank you to all that gave your input on the subject.. and I hope someone else gained something from it, seeing as it looks like many people suffer from these as well.

Trix
:bong2:

The problem with a doctor or healthcare professional "chiming in" may be due to  the fact the symptoms are too vague. 

There are literally hundreds of possibilities in this case.  It could be as simple as a potassium deficiency to as complicated as an underlying life threatening condition. 

A persons current and past medical history, lifestyle, medications and supplements would all have to be evaluated before even attempting to diagnose. 

Edited by northerngal

i agree

Why our so many post being Edited on here ? i don't understand 

is it because some our being mean or saying mean things i know northerngal  doesn't say any mean things about anyone

just wondering why

I edited my own post :)  Lately, it seems that some of my posts have been taken out of context !   Rather than have my words taken out of context, I simplified them. 

I think most often posts are edited when inappropriate words are used or people are being malicious.  I do my best not to do either.  I have not had my words moderated since Joe's days here. (even then, it wasn't too often)  I do my best to treat everyone with respect and courtesy, most are deserving.

Thanks for looking out for things Bob!  Have a beautiful weekend!