Meeting Of The New Conditions Panel 8-6-13

Ok resto. As usual, you just cannot admit you dropped the ball.  It started out as a good effort I guess.  My asthma is gone, been gone for almost a year now. Having me testify would not be beneficial, I do not look ill in any way shape or form. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest- The lesson learned the hard way was if you present a petition, over document it and show up to present it yourself.  Do not assume they will read it, do their own research, or lift a finger to fill in the blanks.  Present it yourself, give a good story, and make it REAL TIME for them.

Your constant attempts to deflect blame to others that didn't have a dog in the fight for YOUR petition is unbecoming.  I think it is safe to assume if the petitioner doesn't feel it is important enough to come to present their own petition to the board, don't expect the board to consider it important enough to put the extra effort in to convincing themselves to approve it.  

Bottom line, personal responsibility and personal advocacy.  End of discussion.

Dr. Bob

no video was shot other than by tv stations....

I have MS and refrain from smoking because I too drive an hour and a half.  Truthfully I do expect people to get straight and attend.  No one is required to testify in person, but if you don't what does that say?  There is no unwritten rules requiring 3 testimony.   I don't get paid, I take a vacation day to go up, and I darn well expect others to do the same.

The room was packed and 10 or more people in the public spoke.  Despite mixed results the room was electric and the testimony compelling and soul bearing.

So don't attend, no skin off my back, but if you don't.... then complaints will be very hard to be taken seriously.  Sorry for that, but it is the way the ball rolls.

It is their game, their arena, their rules.... now you can say you will not participate, that is in fact legitimate.  But you will not prevail on anything with that strategy.  I think PTSD has cleared some hurdles because of Johnny Evans and all the powerful in person testimony.  People moving people with their narrative.  Very Very heavy.....

To every person whom participated, thank you.

If the room was packed that indicates increasing participation, as I don't recall that many attending 

the 1st panel meeting 12/12 nor the last meeting. Correct me if I am wrong about the 1st. meeting

as I did not attend.

I hope participation in the public testimonies increases.

Special hats off to Johnny Evans.

That was a very moving day, indeed... heavy

Not sure if these have been posted prior.. if so, oh well, lol

Testimony's , PTSD 1/25/2013

John Evans

Edit: to add the rest of the videos in following posts.

Edited by imiubu

I am looking for the name and phone number or email of the person who put in Parkinson's Disease.  Their petition was not considered on August 6th because LARA had not heard from them.  My copies have the name and personal info redacted.  I do not know for sure if this can be reinstated, but it surely would be good to try.... so anyone who knows, please contact me by pm.... thanks

can't deny that one, but rules as administered by those in charge, are often easier to follow than to try and mount a legal challenge.

Somebody has to know someone who submitted that petition.  I need to get in touch with that person, or mighty quick like, someone needs to submit an additional petition on Parkinson's Disease that is thorough, coherent and righteous.

Yea.

As a community, we need to be taking better video of these hearings for future reference.

I would totally do it myself since I have a stupid camera and tripod;... but I am not driving 8 hours to do it. ;-)   There has to be people down there in the mitten that can do that.

:-)

I believe all those testimonies are from the now "defunct" panel and such.

Noone got video this time?

*sniffle*

We need to fix that.

Also,... although this is a public meeting etc,... I would hope whoever does take video would respect a patient who testifies to request NOT have the testimony and/or face circulated. :-)

I know we are having a hard time getting patients/etc. to testify because of having to testify publicly.  So when we do get someone to video these hearings, take the time and ask the patients because even though they announce their names to testify, we don't need to youtube em.

I know I know, public meeting blahblah,... but we should defer to patients I would say, if possible.

I mean if I/we/someone can cajole or convince a patient to testify even though they don't want to because it is public, I would hope I could tell them to just ask the camera dude to blank you out and allow voice recording, or to not be circulated or wtvr. :-)

I definitely need to get in contact witht he person who submitted the "Parkinsons Disease" petition last year.  We must get them to resubmit it, or we need to find someone who is willing to back the condition and submit their own petition.

PM me if anyone knows or can find out.

Discretion is assumed. :-)

Yea.

As a community, we need to be taking better video of these hearings for future reference.

I would totally do it myself since I have a stupid camera and tripod;... but I am not driving 8 hours to do it. ;-)   There has to be people down there in the mitten that can do that.

:-)

I believe all those testimonies are from the now "defunct" panel and such.

Obviously.

Noone got video this time?

*sniffle*

We need to fix that.

Also,... although this is a public meeting etc,... I would hope whoever does take video would respect a patient who testifies to request NOT have the testimony and/or face circulated. :-)

I know we are having a hard time getting patients/etc. to testify because of having to testify publicly.  So when we do get someone to video these hearings, take the time and ask the patients because even though they announce their names to testify, we don't need to youtube em.

I know I know, public meeting blahblah,... but we should defer to patients I would say, if possible.

I mean if I/we/someone can cajole or convince a patient to testify even though they don't want to because it is public, I would hope I could tell them to just ask the camera dude to blank you out and allow voice recording, or to not be circulated or wtvr. :-)

Point well made and taken.

Attending those testimonies is what has motivated me to participate more and I was hoping to inspire others also.

Public testimonies are key to this process and I feel that having an understanding of how they are conducted may

be of benefit to the community at large.

Bonnie  Bucqueroux is the woman who taped and posted these to her YouTube Channel

From the date of posting, there are all but 1 testimony posted on said Channel.

I assumed (I know, I know) that She (Bonnie) being a professional, had already gotten her permissions.

Perhaps, I should have contacted her prior to re-posting.

imho, John Evans, Michael Krawitz, Matt Abel, Joe Cain, Dr. Townsend, Gersh Avery, Joel Neorr, Vic Hansens,

Becca Hollandsworth & Brandi Zink would want these out for public viewing.

I did ask 1 other for their permission to re-post.

Thank you Mal for your sensitivity, sensibility and due diligence :-)

Edited a spelling error.

Edited by imiubu

No problem imi.

I haven't had anyone complain or say no specifically to the videos shot at that hearing,... I just kinda wanted to put it out there.

But I have had people say to me they didn't want to testify because they feared repercussions in one form or another. Such as, if they testified about their child  and medical cannabis use, they feared Child Protective services would come after them.