Need Advice On A Grow Box Or Grow Tent

WarriorofCloud

I am thinking of growing to save money, and I have 2 patients lined up. I was wondering what the best idea would be for a small grow room, I found a few boxes to grow and a few grow tents, has anyone ever used these?

This box: http://www.dealzer.com/hydro-systems/cash-crop.html?gclid=CLzknfS3q7kCFchDMgodJHQA2Q, 

Was going to make it 3 feet tall, and buy the Co2 system, 

Or this tent:http://www.dealzer.com/hydro-systems/cash-crop.html?gclid=CLzknfS3q7kCFchDMgodJHQA2Q

Also if I have a height limit of 3 feet or 5 feet, would that effect the plants I can grow? I have never done any of this before. 

Cash Crop Standard ($420) Dimensions: 24" T x 16" W x 9.5" D
Cash Crop Deluxe ($495) Dimensions: 36" T x 16" W x 9.5" D

this box is going to be way to small probably especially when you factor in its only 9 inches deep by 2 foot tall.. (most TV's are twice that size now) sounds like its all marketing hype.

best advice would be to stop by a compassion club in your area and find a mentor to help guide you. 

welcome to the forums.. I hope you find the answers you seek..

there are lots of experienced growers here and many can help answer specific questions so feel free to ask..

Edited by mibrains

Don't get any patients lined up until you have successfully grown a crop for yourself.

Biggest CG mistake I've seen.

.....and those aren't large enough to grow for three people.  You're going to need a whole room.

I had a friend that made a smell proof cabinet about 2'x3'x4'.  It worked great except he could never grow enough in it.  He was able to provide about half of what he and his wife consumed and they still had to buy the rest.

2 patients? your gonna need more like a 20+x20+ space if you want to take full advantage. no way your going to produce enough unless they're light users. better off growing extra to pay the bills off and keep the patients saturated with medicine.

i only caregive for 3 people total including myself and i have 3, 10x10 spaces. not even close enough room.

as for tents i got one from http://www.htgsupply.com like 3 years ago and love it. its been in heavy use and hardly damaged. just a corner coming apart a little but fixable. the only thing i dont like is im afraid the zipper is going to go bad eventually. next time i would much rather prefer velcro. if it comes off it's a cheap and easy fix unlike zippers. i've also seen these newer ones made by a company called gorilla. they look quite strong. i heard good things from ppl. 

be very cautious when choosing your lighting vs your space. strong lights in a small space can be real hard to keep cool. you really want to go with a hps unless you got money for an LED. but the only LEDs that work well are the real expensive ones with the 5w diodes. if it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason.

also side notesfor co2. it can be quite an expense to setup properly. you really need a gas burning generator or a bottle system with solenoids. i prefer a NG co2 generator in the winter to help heat the room. then the bottle system in summer to prevent the heat buildup. i would use the generator all year around but my chiller doesnt keep the water cool enough for the generator and it's several thousand for the one i want to get so i can cool my lights with it as well. 

cheap co2 setups are a waste of time imo. yeah you can say they help, but i almost guarantee you will see no difference. they just dont produce enough co2 and people that use them are too cheap to afford a controller to read the co2 in the room. the cheap co2 tricks are like the carbonated water or those bags they hand with the fungal growth that realeases it naturally. i guess they would maybe help in a real small setup like a micro grow.

co2 does not increase potency at all. it just increases your yields. however it can increase yields quite a bit, i heard up to 70% more. anotehr thing to consider, extra co2 is really only beneficial to healthy plants. they say it doesnt really do a whole lot if the plants are looking sub par. 

good luck. 

Edited by chernobyl

• 1 month later...

I loved me tents, all 6 in one room, then built a steel building with a dedicate 12x30 room, with 122x10 for veg, a light lock curtain divider, and the remainder 12x20 for flower. I use an additional full barn for equipment storage, cement mixing dirt blender. Spare parts, hoses, bins, tools, wet/dry vac, generators, etc take up much space.

I run at max full time. It was never as much fun as it was in the tents, and the product didn't suffer one bit. The first time I had to wet vac my home form a hydro mishap, I built a steel building outside, pro wired, and dedicated, still look back to the tents though...if I was growing for myself only?? you have to grow a perpetual garden so as not to harvest all of your weight at once, and this takes much skill, and the more room you have the better.

good luck, and definitely grow for yourself before you sign a patient.

Me too if and when i start growing again i will look into a nice tent and will use it for Veg and flowering thats all i have room for i can do clones any where 

i will want to use two 4x8 8 bulb T-5 fixtures and flower 2 plants at a time should get a good yield for 2 plants

What size tent should i be looking for ?

Me too if and when i start growing again i will look into a nice tent and will use it for Veg and flowering thats all i have room for i can do clones any where

i will want to use two 4x8 8 bulb T-5 fixtures and flower 2 plants at a time should get a good yield for 2 plants

What size tent should i be looking for ?

I had my 4 foot 8 bulb t5s in 4x4 seemed to be a great size. For 2 plants I would do at least 3x3 maybe a 400 watter if you dont have ac.