Extracts?

Okay I am so un-informed,I don't even know what dabbing is. Heck we used hash oil and spread it on the papers then rolled one. Or  for Hash and Opium,take a little ball off and put it in with the puffage. This other stuff sounds like making crack,and that is scary. Why isn't this wonderful God given plant just used as it should be,naturally?

Dabs/ dabbing is taking a 'dab' (a little dab'l do ya) of cannabis oil and smoking it in a variety of ways. 

Could you please explain what you mean by using cannabis 'naturally' ?

You have stated that "we used hash oil" (dabs essentially, as it is extracted from the trichomes) "and 'opium" (again an extract).

IMHO, those methods are not in keeping with a 'natural' use.

LOL @ "sounds like making crack..." (see ^^^ ).

Natural would be smoking dried bud and leaf (?) and I for one prefer not to always medicate by smoking anything... esp, the dried

buds and leaf 'natural' method most commonly used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's put it this way. The COA said that the extract was illegal because there weren't any leaves or flowers in the material.....yet the MMMA allows us to have "internal possession" of cannabis and allows us to smoke it. If I smoke cannabis, I am internally-possessing cannabis...but not leaves or flowers. I am, more or less, internally possessing an extract of cannabis. So if we toss out extracts as illegal, then we necessarily toss out smoke too. Smoke is an extract of cannabis without leaves or flowers. So the idea that we can't possess extracts without leaf or flower is in direct conflict with the clear protection we have for smoking cannabis.

As to MIBrain's observations regarding extracts being illegal due to houses blowing up....sure that is a concern for the community. But the potential to blow up a house isn't addressed in the MMMA. So this possible danger really doesn't have any relevance to the current discussion. I can see where lawmakers and even ordinary folks and maybe even MMMP folks will recognize the issue with possibly blowing up a house, but there is no place for this matter in this discussion. This would be similar to saying "well, obviously you can't smoke cannabis because some people fall asleep with a lit joint and burn their house down." Yes, this is a legitimate concern, but not one addressed in the MMMA.

I would hate to think that judges couldn't read although I wouldn't be too surprised.

I think they can read just fine.  It is how they choose to decide, not so much upon an interpretation.. more on a biased personal opinion.

edit to add:

OH... and getting paid to 'interpret and not from 'our' side'.  As zap said... Corrupt.

Edited by imiubu