Do You Know What Your Registered Patients Condition Is?

t-pain

What do you know?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know your registered patients condition?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you know how much marijuana your registered patient needs?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. Do you know the name of the doctor who certified your registered patient(s)?

• yes
    • no

Then how would I be any more qualified to go thru those lists and pick than the patient or doctor would be?

Yep.

But get this. The information that is out there is often contradictory.  I mean, have you seen the people who smoke dope and then sit at a keyboard? The need to be that anal is overblown. It's kinda like Bill O'Reilly's understanding of the tides.

Edited by GregS

I'm not sure what you mean.  My point is that the law says that a CG's caregiving is for the purpose of alleviating a patient's condition.  It doesn't say that the purpose is simply to supply cannabis.  There's a difference.  I know what that means to me in light of this ruling but I don't know what that means to you.

Does stating that the purpose is to assist the patient in the medical use of maruhuana play here? I see some distinction between that and what I take your comment that the purpose is to alleviate to mean. It is the former, if I understand, that is the more prescient statement, and circumscribes the latter. In fact, the proper text would look something like, "the purpose is to assist the patient in the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate..."

I think that buttons it up nicely. Wish I'd thought of that.

Edited by GregS

I think it's the way I look at the law.  I see it as making up for a tremendous disservice(outright criminal) that is this laws purpose.  It may be a "privilage" to grow a schedule 1 drug to help patients but it's a sched 1 drug that any 3rd grader can get at their street corner.  It's a sched 1 drug that has been legalized in 2 states and countless cities across the nation.  It's the most useful plant on earth to man and may have started agriculture.  It's a gosh darn crime that anyone spend an hour out of their life for possessing  let alone ruin their lives over.  It's brought up in bundles by Mexicans and they get a taco and a ride back home if they have less than 500 lbs and get caught and they're illegal but your penalized for being an American mmj patient (you shoulda saw the look on McCains face at the senate hearing when he was told that!). 70 1 ounce plants or 4 20 ounce plants, why should someone go to jail over 70 because of a # when 4 can yield more?   You can have 5 ounces of useable for 2 people but if you cut it off the plant and it weighs 15 ounces wet and they catch you, it's a lot of money and possible jail time.  If your door is unlocked you can go to jail. If you have mj in the front seat but no rolling papers or periphenalia you can get a $500 ticket and possibly spend time in jail. And the benefits of being a caregiver are?  I know of no part time job that requires what the mmj law does and they make about the same and none of the penalties for screwing up at work involve fines or jail time.  And you can even take vacations.  This is supposed to attract quality caregivers how?

Oh and I forgot, now you have to know the qualifications of your patients doctor, you have to know what strains will work and you have to know your patients condition and what you can't sell them because they could be using it for something other than their condition.  Or you can go to jail. 

By the way I see it, I don't understand how you'd attract anyone to caregiving unless they were making something on the side for all the risk.

Edited by Norby

So my point is, sure, you can go the Highlander Route and be extra safe with the extra paperwork. I don't mind, PERSONALLY, because I do that already anyway.

But, as GregS alluded to, wasn't it the prosecutors burden here to prove that, despite being within the other section 4 guidelines, he was not a "real" caregiver? They sort of needed to prove his ill-intent to bust him? Under normal circumstances that should be very hard to do - you'd be standing there completely mute.

He just made it easy for them to prove that he was not a "real" caregiver, and it would have been advantageous to simply just STFU. 

I don't know, I'm not a lawyer, I would just hire one. But I do feel as though I'm missing something...

I agree, but have concerns that the opinion can be used to unfairly put unnecessary and unwarranted demands on caregivers, and possibly patients. What's next? Will a patient be required to divulge information about a caregiver that is also unwarranted and unnecessary?

"The days of waving a card for a section 4 defense is... is about to be behind us"

-Planet Green Trees Radio

GregS, I totally agree with you, making this even harder on us is aweful. Our protections are being slowly eroded, and it's ridiculous.

Pulling in the doctors, and patients, to question them in court for a simple section 4 hearing. Requiring a caregiver to prove his intent - although it's clearly not specified HOW precisely that should be done - is insane.

So on one hand we have the outrage, and everyone is feeling that. On the other hand we have some practical advice from KingDiamond. We are all waiting for this to get overturned, by the supreme court, and they probably will :)

"The days of waving a card for a section 4 defense is... is about to be behind us"

-Planet Green Trees Radio

Considering Citizens United...did PGT actually say that as a person?  or was that a defendant in the background?

.The card was never meant as an Easy Pass.to be waved.    You can thank the dispensary folk for creating the backlash in local regs and rulings.

good job....not 

Let the haters keep the outrage ....we got better things to do..  

It is time to reintroduce the Medicine  Hemp has to offer 

Edited by beourbud

This is a stellar thread man, thank you !

I wonder if this crap will ever end, or is it part of a quick plan to eliminate the cottage industry, and mainline the veins of Wall Street ?

well do ya, punk?

obviously this poll should exclude caregivers for family members and patients with no caregivers.

Edited by grassmatch

Beourbud,

Citizens united is a decision that prohibits the the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions.

-Wikipedia

I don't know what that has to do with PGT, or Hartford. Enlighten me.

I also don't know who on PGT said that, I'm a first time listener. But based on the tone and content of the entire program I'd say that quote does about sum things up.

"The card was never meant as an Easy Pass.to be waved."

You don't think that is exactly what the card is for? After you've gone through the motions to get the card, including a doctors reference, a 100 dollar application to the state, and then bothering to operate within section 4 guidelines which includes the 2.5 and the 12 plants, isn't that precisely what the card is meant for?????

333.26424(b)

A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act.

This is a stellar thread man, thank you !

I wonder if this crap will ever end, or is it part of a quick plan to eliminate the cottage industry, and mainline the veins of Wall Street ?

This has been fun. It is pretty clear that there is a continuing full court press against us. If we go down, I'm going kicking and screaming.

I'm planning to try to get to the capitol to lobby against 660. Medical treatment will play a large part in that. At the very least I intend to submit written testimony. If anyone is interested in putting on their shiny shoes and spending a day, I may need someone to help push my wheelchair so that we can approach House members and staffers. I am on the Judiciary Committee mailing list and receive regular updates, and will be aware when hearings are scheduled.

Beourbud,

Citizens united is a decision that prohibits the the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions.

-Wikipedia

I don't know what that has to do with PGT, or Hartford. Enlighten me.

I also don't know who on PGT said that, I'm a first time listener. But based on the tone and content of the entire program I'd say that quote does about sum things up.

"The card was never meant as an Easy Pass.to be waved."

You don't think that is exactly what the card is for? After you've gone through the motions to get the card, including a doctors reference, a 100 dollar application to the state, and then bothering to operate within section 4 guidelines which includes the 2.5 and the 12 plants, isn't that precisely what the card is meant for?????

333.26424(b)

A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act.

I could not agree more than that the purpose of the card is just that Guano. But it is pretty clear that the game will not stop any time soon.

Got your game face on?

Greg I've got my war paint on!

I've always been under the impression that the police can pretty much do whatever they want - that the system is rigged hugely in their favor, and that the real trick is to stay far, far away.

Oh! We need to talk to your doctor for a section 4 defense.

Oh! You need to carry your marijuana in your vehicle in some pecular way reserved just for mm.

Oh! You need to have your patients medical needs memorized.

Oh! Your physician only spent 30 minutes assessing your colon cancer, couldn't possibly be a legit doctor patient relationship!?

What's next?

I've been successful completely staying away for pretty much my entire life.

But I would like my card to mean something

I could not agree more than that the purpose of the card is just that Guano. But it is pretty clear that the game will not stop any time soon.

Got your game face on?

Lets just be ourselves and get along.

Every time you guys put your gamefaces on we lose more liberties...just something to think about

Lets put our gamefaces away and play nice....shall we

Were  All in this Together!

Edited by beourbud

I hope you're right.

PGT seems to disagree, and seems to think that this will muddy the waters substantially.

I'm not a lawyer though, and 90% of my legal effort goes into NOT getting into any criminal proceedings anyway. The other 10% is just my retainer and checking up on things here / micann. So viewed in that light, this is not an issue for me PERSONALLY which I've already stated. If the small chance that I end up in court at all comes to fruition, no way am I messin' around incriminating myself like Hartford.

As for the gameface thing, do you think the MMMA got here by quietly sitting in the corner? Honestly, not trying to incite you, and I think I get your point. But the options are - unfiltered activism (bad), doing nothing (get nothing), and calculated activism (hmmm).