Growing Legal Health Food Hemp Seeds For Cbd Oil?

t-pain

so we've all seen the studies on cbd oil

like this one:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7413719

The potential use of CBD as an antiepileptic drug and its possible potentiating effect on other antiepileptic drugs are discussed.

(wow i never saw this one, 1980? they knew this making whoopee 30 years ago that it helped epilepsy patients?!?!@?$*&^% they could have prevented millions of seizures, each and every year! http://www.cdc.gov/epilepsy/basics/fast_facts.htm )

so i was wondering if anyone had any info on how much cbd is found in hemp plants?

i found one small tidbit of information that said it was something like 10mg per 1kg of hemp seed oil. we know that hemp seeds barely contains any cannabinoids, so obviously i'm talking about getting the cbd from the hemp plant itself.

its legal to buy hemp seeds in america. you can find them in health food stores and bird seed stores. hemp also grows wild in many states.

so has anyone ever had wild hemp or industrial hemp tested for cbd amounts?

has anyone ever bred industrial hemp with og kush to see if the offspring produces more cbd?

would anyone like to grow hemp seeds and see if the oil made from these hemp plants helps?

t-pain I believe that the hemp seeds we are able to aquire and what comes in bird feed 

is suppose to be sterile.

Isn't 'industrial hemp' similar or maybe the same as Ruderalis ?

Sorry, I don't 'google' everything before I make a reply... kinda takes away from discussion

imo, if everyone already knows the answers what's the sense in discussion? ;)

supposed to be sterile and irraidiated, but when you put water on them beans, they sprout some tails...

most health food stores only sell the 'hemp hearts' , which have been shelled. its harder to find the whole raw seeds, but they are out there.

they are interesting to eat, very crunchy.

Edited by t-pain

I believe hemp is actually higher in CBD than most hybrids because high THC low CBD has been the goal of breeders for the last 50 years.  But, some of the new medical strains are increasing the CBD and trying to get a more even ratio of CBD:THC.  

Hemp is also controlled by the Federal Government because it looks just like Marijuana from the sky.  

Kentucky is considering a law legalizing industrial hemp cultivation along with medical marijuana.  Last year, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul secretly went hat in hand to the President requesting that the federal government stop enforcing it's hemp laws so intensively.  No concessions were granted, but probably primarily because Kentucky is one of the most politically "conservative" states in country....but I expect that hemp will begin to fill the void that tobacco has left for Kentucky farmers before 2014 is over.  

At that point, I think it will be very difficult to distinguish a field of MJ from a field of Hemp.....only time will tell how it works out.

wow!  thanks for that Kentucky info.  I remember "that kid" down the block that used to try to grow those china bird seeds. Tpain is right they do sprout, but some are grossly malformed and didn't amount to anything. The idea was to find some "ancient" landrace to keep. never did happen, but I still think about it from time to time. I bet there may be a gem in a bag someday.

I believe hemp is actually higher in CBD than most hybrids because high THC low CBD has been the goal of breeders for the last 50 years.  But, some of the new medical strains are increasing the CBD and trying to get a more even ratio of CBD:THC.  

Hemp is also controlled by the Federal Government because it looks just like Marijuana from the sky.  

Kentucky is considering a law legalizing industrial hemp cultivation along with medical marijuana.  Last year, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul secretly went hat in hand to the President requesting that the federal government stop enforcing it's hemp laws so intensively.  No concessions were granted, but probably primarily because Kentucky is one of the most politically "conservative" states in country....but I expect that hemp will begin to fill the void that tobacco has left for Kentucky farmers before 2014 is over.  

At that point, I think it will be very difficult to distinguish a field of MJ from a field of Hemp.....only time will tell how it works out.

I do believe that growing Hemp inn WVA is legal as long as you have a stamp of some kind and it must be less then .1% THC 

I do believe that growing Hemp inn WVA is legal as long as you have a stamp of some kind and it must be less then .1% THC 

Maybe the special DEA permits?  Here's a study on Hemp from the University of Kentucky a few months ago:

http://www.uky.edu/Ag/CCD/introsheets/hemp.pdf

Cannabis had the "grown-ups" pretty scared back in 1970.

100% true   :huh: