What Makes Marijuana Medical Grade?

trichcycler

What makes marijuana medical grade?

Medical marijuana refers to the use of the Cannabis plant as a physician-recommended herbal therapy as well as synthetic THC and cannabinoids. ( http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/page/articles/caregivers/what-qualifies-as )

this is a great question. While I enjoyed the read I do not think that substances like Spice, a synthesized cannabinoid, qualifies as medical marijuana, even if someone chose to medicate with it. I would request that this statement be rewritten to better reflect the feelings and definitions of the majority of medical grade marijuana users.

What do other forum members believe constitutes "medical grade marijuana" ?

legal vs illegal ?

pesticide free?

organic only?

fertilizer salts only?

Tahoe Og?(tehe)

thc content ?

or?

happy gardening!

The fact is, all marijuana can be considered medical-grade, meaning it has some therapeutic effect. If you are consuming marijuana to alleviate a medical condition, or the treatment of that condition, you are using marijuana medicinally, hence medical marijuana. Many believe medical marijuana has to be of a minimum potency or that it should be grown organically, but those are strictly personal preferences. Marijuana only needs to be consumed by a person to treat a medical condition to be considered medical marijuana.

not you silly, I saw that bit in the article. but rereading it...."all can  be ....considered ..medical"?   I don't think so. I've seen some nasty weed in my life, and just because someone smoked it to alleviate pain, or it didn't work, was mishandled, old, or had nasties sprayed on it, it aint medical grade, in my opinion.

but the article is good.

Welcome.

hey pal, you cant intimidate me into posting the "way you want". what is your secret agenda?  what is wrong with public discussion? many have stuck to whats creamy and sweet, and now we have confused people going to jail. maybe for the lack of real thoughts and many opinions, rather than just your irrational "cats outta the bag" paranoia. This is social media man/woman, and we all have a voice. some will agree with you, others will not, but don't try to squelch the public voice to feel more comfy  in your cave.  it aint right, it aint cool, and reeks of ulterior motives when you do this.  If questions scare you, maybe you have other more important issues to contend with. Questions is how we learn, try asking them sometime, instead of attempting to silence others.

for the record, the forum asked this type of question long ago, before I was a member. I am revisiting the article. If you have a problem with others' past posts here, don't charge me for reposting them. Go visit posts and talk to the ops. Don't let your cannabis friend compass  malfunction, you tendencies to censor me are tiring, insulting, and very telling of your character, thank you for not hiding it, at least.

hey pal, you cant intimidate me into posting the "way you want". what is your secret agenda?  what is wrong with public discussion? many have stuck to whats creamy and sweet, and now we have confused people going to jail. maybe for the lack of real thoughts and many opinions, rather than just your irrational "cats outta the bag" paranoia. This is social media man/woman, and we all have a voice. some will agree with you, others will not, but don't try to squelch the public voice to feel more comfy  in your cave.  it aint right, it aint cool, and reeks of ulterior motives when you do this.  If questions scare you, maybe you have other more important issues to contend with. Questions is how we learn, try asking them sometime, instead of attempting to silence others.

for the record, the forum asked this type of question long ago, before I was a member. I am revisiting the article. If you have a problem with others' past posts here, don't charge me for reposting them. Go visit posts and talk to the ops. Don't let your cannabis friend compass  malfunction, you tendencies to censor me are tiring, insulting, and very telling of your character, thank you for not hiding it, at least.

It was just friendly advice from someone who has been walking the walk since way before you invented yourself.

legal vs illegal ?

I say it's legal status is irrelevant.

pesticide free?

Not currently "required".

organic only?

Nah. Prescription Drugs aren't organic. Everyone would call that medicine.

fertilizer salts only?

Nah. This is an herbal remedy. Which means the people that are drawn to it may very well prefer organic medicine - but certainly not all. [None of my patients currently care about this]

Tahoe Og?(tehe)

Just make sure to get the regular seeds or clone from regular, and not to much N :) I had two that were "true" hermaphrodites I.E. early stage male and female flowers. Bummer man, they smelled the business!

thc content ?

Cannabinoid profile is a something, but considering the idiosyncratic nature of cannabis's effects, the treatment of multiple conditions, the complexities of the profile itself... It gets LITERALLY impossibly muddy (too many variables to control), for the individual caregiver with his 5 to really "deal" in cannabinoid profile. Not that the profile isn't interesting, just that we need huge crowdsourcing with something much more sophisticated than say... leafly... which is already quite sophisticated.

or?

Bottom line definition - what makes marijuana medical grade? In reality - it's just sensimilla, high value, bud. That's pretty much all we can agree on in practice.  For me I don't consider a sample worthy unless:

Contaminent "free" (mold, fungus, bugs, pesticide residue). I.E. only X amount of rat turds allowed, Y amount of mite poop, Z amount of suspended fungus gnats, hahaha, you know - like food safety.

Trichomes have matured beyond 20/80 amber/clear

Dried properly!

In my opinion the difference between medical and not medical is very similar to how it was over 100 years ago. Concentrates and extracts, that is what was put into the medicines containing cannabis or marijuana.

I don't recall seeing any picture of a medicine bottle from the past showing it contained buds or joints. There could have been, but I have never seen a picture.

My opinion currently is 100% organic, grown in a controlled environment, no pesticides, concentrates only, no smoking, whether it is QWISO (non decarbed), RSO (decarbed), or the most difficult, industrial pure BHO (non decarbed or decarbed). Whether you use it topically, as an edible, or vaporizing. Vaporizing, now that is where technology has helped marijuana. I love my electronic vaporizer! There is no going back to smoking for me.

Until I can get very accurate testing done, all of my concentrates from now on are made where grain alcohol is the solvent or grain alcohol is used to winterize or re-purge an isopropyl produced concentrate.

Really, what it comes down to is what works best for the patient. Some do prefer smoking. So, to each their own.... It is very unfortunate that more people are not comfortable posting their opinions and experiences. It is too bad our law does not protect concentrates. After that COA ruling, where does that leave some of my patients, they don't smoke.

Here is my preferred rig. I consider this a hospital quality medical device when used properly with very high quality concentrates. In these images, the concentrate is RSO. The second batch that I winterized. Some came out clear, some came out amber. I am starting to prefer amber over golden. All I had to do to get the RSO to work in this device was add some PG USP to it, like e-cigarettes. I like to call it e-cannabis oil. After about 7 months of trying out different devices, I have found that the SVD with the iClear 30b clearomizer seems to work the best for my patients and me.

SVD with iClear 30b 1 22 14 012

SVD with iClear 30b 1 22 14 017

Innokin iClear30b   KangerTech Pro Tank 3 On SVD 1 3 14 IMG 1054

This is just a basic of my opinion. To get to this point has been a long journey, painful and expensive. Personally I think the question by the OP is a good one. I have spoken of my opinion and journey of the experience I have had. I am sure others have their own opinions and experiences that have proven to be successful for them. We are all different and have our own standards. What works for one, does not always work for others.

I have blogged about my experiences with RSO and vaporizing.

Have a look

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-841-my-experience-with-rick-simpson-oil-cannabis-oil-vs-cancer/#commentsStart

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/

GG Quote; We are all different and have our own standards. What works for one, does not always work for others.

Exactly why the definition of Medical Grade Marijuana needs to be as broad as broad can be. I say NEEDS TO BE because the definition will either help all of us OR line the pockets of a select few. That's what is down stream from the definition of medical marijuana. Like a canoe in a stream, which side of that big arse boulder are you going to go? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to see up ahead before you choose? With the definition of medical grade marijuana you can. Medical Grade Marijuana is just one small step behind pharmaceutical grade. Both grading systems are poised to be the end of home growing. The definition of pharma grade is set in stone and that one we can't meet. We can still define Medical Grade for ourselves. Lets make it as 'inclusive' as possible, if we patients have anything to say about it.

Can we agree that Spice is NOT Medical Grade Marijuana ?

GG Quote; We are all different and have our own standards. What works for one, does not always work for others.

Exactly why the definition of Medical Grade Marijuana needs to be as broad as broad can be. I say NEEDS TO BE because the definition will either help all of us OR line the pockets of a select few. That's what is down stream from the definition of medical marijuana. Like a canoe in a stream, which side of that big arse boulder are you going to go? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to see up ahead before you choose? With the definition of medical grade marijuana you can. Medical Grade Marijuana is just one small step behind pharmaceutical grade. Both grading systems are poised to be the end of home growing. The definition of pharma grade is set in stone and that one we can't meet. We can still define Medical Grade for ourselves. Lets make it as 'inclusive' as possible, if we patients have anything to say about it.