Smoking Cigs

pergamum362

So, ive made numerous attempts at quiting, even with the aid of chantix, and all failed. I really want to quit. Ive been tossing around the idea of e cigs, or tobacco vaporizers. Considering the cost, i would save around 200 or more dollars a month. That alone has made me think about it. I tried one, a good one last week and i think it will at least get me away from what im using now. Any opinions on them? I know its still bad but is this at least a little bit better in terms of health? Nvm my wallet.

I have been rolling my own for alot of yrs now ......I pay 10 bucks a carton. I need to quit also, but in the mean time I don't pay 55 bucks a carton ,, you can buy a good roller, a lb of tabaco 3 boxes of tubes, for what a carton of marlboro cost. And you get almost 3 cartons and wont have to buy a rolling machine for a yr or 2. Why any one would not roll their own amazes me. And they are prob the ones crying poor mouth about the price of mm!

Peace

Good luck quitting, It's not that bad really.. make it 2-3 weeks and its done.

Tomorrow will be 1 year to the day since I quit smoking cigs!

I first tried one of the throw away 500 puff e cigs from the gas station, worked well. Then moved up to the "blu" kit it was ok but the battery would die so switching carts alot..

In fact  it seemed like every kit no matter which one had battery issues, also it seemed like if I used it for a month or so I just started back on cigs cause the ecig just wasnt cutting it..

Then I dumped my ashtray out one day and my kitchen caught on fire, and I quit that day. this day one year ago.

They really did help me quit though, just beware of the batteries, and when you continue to use them and dont quit the ecigs.. seems like myself and most everyone else I know went back to the real deal.

Good Luck!

Trix
:bong2:

I have been rolling my own for alot of yrs now ......I pay 10 bucks a carton. I need to quit also, but in the mean time I don't pay 55 bucks a carton ,, you can buy a good roller, a lb of tabaco 3 boxes of tubes, for what a carton of marlboro cost. And you get almost 3 cartons and wont have to buy a rolling machine for a yr or 2. Why any one would not roll their own amazes me. And they are prob the ones crying poor mouth about the price of mm!

Peace

done that Already, they were not satisfying to us. We just smoke more, it costs less, but still doesnt help me from a health aspect. I want both, leading to an eventual no cost and good lungs when im 40. Many of my family down south roll there own. It works for them. Not for me.

First of all dont let anyone fool you, the reason it's so hard to quit? Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs on the planet for humans. My advice save you're lungs for better things, preferably nice moist air and maybe an occasional mist of THC.

Like any addiction the easiest way is detox. This involves maintaining an adequate level of nicotine thereby greatly reducing then eliminating your cravings. It works on a 6 week program think it starts at 21mg for a week. Saw several offers on google. Here's a plug for the one that worked for me. 

Good Luck. Do yourself a favor! The day after 1 patch you wake up not looking for a cig, you will freak out. 

Blatant advertisement:

"E-cigs don't give you control*, but NicoDerm® CQ® can.

With e-cigs, you can’t be sure how much nicotine you’re really getting – and that makes it difficult to be in control of
your quit.

Control your nicotine intake, and control your quit.

E-cigarettes are new and unregulated and there are a lot of unknowns.

NicoDerm CQ is a leader in the field of smoking cessation. Over the years, we’ve helped millions of people with their quit attempt by developing specially formulated products**. It is that experience and extensive research that has made NicoDerm CQ quitting experts; experts that can properly answer all your product and quitting questions through our easy-to-navigate website.

Are you in control of your quit plan?

Are you forming a plan with the right products that are right for you? NicoDerm CQ is committed to one goal: Helping smokers quit smoking. That’s why NicoDerm CQ has developed several effective plans that use products in a variety of ways. See which one is right for you."

Get pissed off at the cigarettes. How can a grown human be lead around by a cigarette? How does a person decide a cigarette is the boss of you? Are you that weak? Just quit, you are stronger than that. That's how I quit 20+ years ago. I'm too darn arrogant to have something like a cigarette control me. Use your strength to win the war. Quitting cigarettes is something to be proud of. It proves you are strong. It will boost your self esteem. It might be one of your major life accomplishments. It definitely WILL save your life.

Get pissed off at the cigarettes. How can a grown human be lead around by a cigarette? How does a person decide a cigarette is the boss of you? Are you that weak? Just quit, you are stronger than that. That's how I quit 20+ years ago. I'm too darn arrogant to have something like a cigarette control me. Use your strength to win the war. Quitting cigarettes is something to be proud of. It proves you are strong. It will boost your self esteem. It might be one of your major life accomplishments. It definitely WILL save your life.

Amen to that! Not only after quitting will you not be controlled by the cigarettes you will regain things the cigarettes took away.

Taste, smells, breath etc start to return back to normal,not the mention the heart attack risk drops significantly.

Been 15 yrs for me and it was one of the better things I could have done for myself!!

Good point Sledge. Curious if you gained any weight after you quit? Especially after your sense of taste returns. Probably the biggest area of weakness is controlling your insatiable appetite once your gustatory perception returns to your taste buds. Similar maybe to a continous  orgasm, perpetuated by that mass of muscle laying in the bottom of your mouth. Consider yourself forewarned!

tongue n.

an instrument used to produce infinite pleasure  

Edited by solabeirtan

done that Already, they were not satisfying to us. We just smoke more, it costs less, but still doesnt help me from a health aspect. I want both, leading to an eventual no cost and good lungs when im 40. Many of my family down south roll there own. It works for them. Not for me.

1st off I would love to see you and me quit all together, but if you find the right brand of tobaco it will taiste like a marlboro or camel, I cant do pre rolled any longer, they give me a smokers cough realy bad lol!  we have tobaco stores up here, where you get supposedly non chemical tobaco, I can roll a carton of smokes in 2 hrs if I take my time while watching t.v!

Ok Ive used the patch and it seemed to work, i was using one that I could still smoke with, so what I did was I didnt pre roll any cigs, I started only rolling one when I wanted to smoke one, that alone cut me down more than half, also I have noticed with most of these chemical free tobaco's they taisted the same with or w/o a filter, so when I was out and about I just brought me a little plastic container (kinda what I use for my mm rolling tray) and I only rolled one when I wanted one, it realy did cut me down, but than I quit drinking and I kept smoking, Im a coward I couldnt do both at once, they both make you gain weight when you quit, and I cant gain any more weight I need to lose weight, losing weight gets harder and harder every yr for me lol,

I do wish you the best in quiting smoking!  One time I had to go to jail for 30 days, now you know I was over the habbit by than,,,,but why did I have to have one as soon as I got out? lmao,,,,,,,,,they suck, they cost to much and they dont get you high, all they do is kill people!

Peace

Sheer willpower does not work for the larger % of humans  Science has proven this over and over

(no, I am not going to google it for ya :) ).  If you have quit on will power alone, kudos to you!

Slowly changing our habits, as with any other 'addiction' is the sure fire way to permanent change.

21 days to break a 'bad' habit or to create a new one.

Our amygdalae is the mean beast (monkey, lizard) we must trick. 

Best of luck quitting, and I mean that sincerely as a person struggling to do the same :)