Life Or Death Fundraiser June 26, Milegalize - Please Be There!

The post below was posted by the MILegalize folks.  Just passing it on....

Please* get this information about the June 26 fundraiser out far and wide,

...especially to those who would be seriously hurt - either as a patient, caregiver, or businessperson - if the MMMA was abolished and the home grow was ended.

I think the existence of an independent, decentralized cannabis community in Michigan is on the line - up for grabs in the election of November of 2016. We have to show strength now. If there is any way you can do it - PLEASE BE THERE!

BE THERE!  ANN ARBOR! JUNE 26!

THE FUTURE OF MARIJUANA IN MICHIGAN MAY DEPEND ON THE SUCCESS OF THIS DINNER! 

The November 2016 election will determine how cannabis will be regulated in Michigan!  We may:

1)     Triumph with the MILegalize initiative, or

2)     Fight to a draw and maintain the status quo, or

3)      Be wiped out by big money.

We have reserved a beautiful banquet hall. We know we have to raise more than $50,000 on June 26 or the authentic Michigan cannabis community will be floating belly up and powerless. Wealthy monopolists and canny political manipulators would then take our future into their hands. Then it would be too late. We need to fight hard now! When we sit down to dinner on June 26th we will know whether the independent cannabis law reform community in Michigan will have a voice about what happens in the future in our state, or be swept aside.

On June 26 there will be three levels of supporters, (and some donors may surprise us with even larger gifts). The gold level of giving for our fine evening of food and politics will be $500 per person or $750 per couple. We need lots of support at our platinum level, which is $1000 per person or $1400 per couple. $2500 buys the green level of support, for an individual, a couple, or a company (four people).
Speakers will include state representative Jeff Irwin, MILegalize Executive Director Jeff Hank, Michigan legislative lobbyist Robin Schneider - (and a stellar supporting cast to be announced). Don’t miss this historic event. If you don't have money then raise contributions to buy your ticket. Thank you!

Why not shape the future by acting with political unity, resources, strength and skill?  Will we be capable of reacting to a clear threat to our existence? Will we put up the resources to implement a strategy to save ourselves? We have a good plan, and fine leaders, but we can’t influence the political process without big money – or significant money anyway.

The Director of national NORML, Allen St. Pierre, wrote, “these initiatives today are largely about defining who will 'get rich' in the legal cannabis market.… like with alcohol/tobacco laws, the 'winners and losers' are largely decided on a state basis and via the free market (which, in this country, can readily favor those with more capital and political influence).”

In other words, this is the moment of political combat in Michigan, when the structure of cannabis “legalization” and regulation will be decided!

Who plans to "legalize marijuana" in Michigan?

There are three groups; the first two are opportunists who know a lot about finance and nearly nothing about Cannabis.
The Michigan Responsibility Council (MRC) represents a group of wealthy Oakland County Republican investors who are trying to take control of all of the growing and extraction of marijuana for the Michigan retail market. They plan to eliminate the MMMA and the home grow, and produce all the marijuana and marijuana extract that we need in Michigan at 10 sites owned by them. Their goals would destroy everything that our Michigan cannabis movement has built.

A third group has surfaced, called the Michigan Cannabis Coalition (MCC). They are another anonymous gang of Oakland County money men who have shown no previous interest in cannabis policy.

The real Michigan cannabis law reform community has created an excellent plan for marijuana legalization in 2016! View our petition at MILegalize.com!. Our initiative will allow a 12 plant home grow for "persons" and “localities” may license dispensaries and marijuana production facilities. Edibles and concentrates are specifically legalized.

MILegalize has the best petition ever. In one initiative we legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana; extend the rights of those who have a doctor’s recommendation for medical use; and allow farmers to grow industrial hemp!

We need $1 million to be sure of getting on the ballot. More than 250,000 signatures have to be collected during the last months of 2015.

Cannabis policy in Michigan is far ahead of all surrounding states because we fought politically, strong and hard, and won again and again. This is the time to stay strong, united, and put up resources. As Ben Franklin said – now we will hang together or we will hang separately.

Be there Friday, June 26!! We need to be masters of our fate - not slaves to wealthy monopolists or political shenanigans. Please be there! (or send a donation). 150 seats are available – get your spot reserved! Contact  Chuck Ream at moksha@umich.edu or Nick Zettell at nzettell@umich.edu.

Wow I cant afford any part of the tickets for this fund raiser!

Remember we are pt's, and most of us that are c.g's are also pt's!

I couldnt save that amount of money in 2 yrs, Im on ssdi, my lady just had back surgery that so far seems not to be working,

I feel realy happy when I can actualy donate 20 or 25 bucks to a good cause!

I beleive that the mmma law should not have been touched or changed by a judge, it is a peoples iniative that the people of MI voted in with the normal simple language of the law that passed, if anything is changed to the medical part It should be put to a vote of the people not the house or senate!

Leave us pt's and c.g's alone, if we are found to be fragrently breaking the laws well we will get arrested! and I guess deserve it, we do have a law and we need to stay in the perimeters of it!

I know the over all feeling is no one should be arrested for a plant!  There are many plants that are not healthy for you, and cannabiss is not one of them, but we do have laws and rules we are supposed to follow!

I am not standing on a soap box pretending I am perfect, in fact I couldnt be farther from perfect, but I now get a realy good feeling if/when I can help some one else to make their life better!

I wish I could afford this kind of fund raiser, can we do a go fund me acct to get the cash to go to this?  (jk)

Peace

Wow I cant afford any part of the tickets for this fund raiser!

Remember we are pt's, and most of us that are c.g's are also pt's!

I couldnt save that amount of money in 2 yrs, Im on ssdi, my lady just had back surgery that so far seems not to be working,

I feel realy happy when I can actualy donate 20 or 25 bucks to a good cause!

I beleive that the mmma law should not have been touched or changed by a judge, it is a peoples iniative that the people of MI voted in with the normal simple language of the law that passed, if anything is changed to the medical part It should be put to a vote of the people not the house or senate!

Leave us pt's and c.g's alone, if we are found to be fragrently breaking the laws well we will get arrested! and I guess deserve it, we do have a law and we need to stay in the perimeters of it!

I know the over all feeling is no one should be arrested for a plant!  There are many plants that are not healthy for you, and cannabiss is not one of them, but we do have laws and rules we are supposed to follow!

I am not standing on a soap box pretending I am perfect, in fact I couldnt be farther from perfect, but I now get a realy good feeling if/when I can help some one else to make their life better!

I wish I could afford this kind of fund raiser, can we do a go fund me acct to get the cash to go to this?  (jk)

Peace

go get one if you want.. might work, might not.. who knows..

Edited by Willy

Sounds like a regular fundraiser, but we need to collect money at festivals , sporting Events , etc. Too.

I hope someone is going around to dispensaries and explainingwhat happens

When they don't support or oppose legalization , just look at California banning dispensaries after prop 19

Wow. 

Who wrote that piece of fear mongering?

Aren't every single one of us the 'authentic cannabis community"???

I find this very disturbing on many levels.

Oh... and gotta love this

"Don’t miss this historic event. If you don't have money then raise contributions to buy your ticket."

WHAT???

I went to 7 different establishments to raise awareness of the Carruthers case and try to raise some

funds... oh, those results were laughable and sad as soon as I mentioned money for the cause.

Just for the record, I am NOT on board with legalization.

Does anyone understand what it really entails?  People wake the phaq up!

Okay, back under my rock now.