Seedlings Growing Very Slow.

Digitalmixx187

just dont give up on them! i had one that looked like yours, it went straight yellow for 2 weeks no growth.added some epsom salts to the water and boom, the nute lockout was done and it resumed growing.

Thanks for the encouragement T! It definitely helps to know I have some people in my corner so to speak.

When I transplant them to the new soil, should I wash away all the "old" soil and try to replant the naked seedling or should I try to leave some around the seedling for the transplant??

man, at this point.....try to assimilate the added soil, but you're pushing them being wet for too long if you water, transplant, water, etc. ya know? try to get the new soil wet, but i think you're looking for trouble conisdering you watered yesterday. idk though, my babies go in recycled or inert soil. my biggest problem is my memory

I agree Sun, after I transplanted them, I just gave each one a little light misting from the sprayer. I'm gonna wait til they look really thirsty to water in the new dirt, I can't believe how fast those roots filled out the bottom of those solo cups.

right on! that sounds like good news to me. they want to live after all, but  its definitely a positive that there was some solid root development.

Hey Grass, did you say that you've had red dragon in your garden before? Any strain specific tips you could throw my way?

Sorry to jack my own thread everybody.

no need to apologize :skydive:

Not really tips, but she's short, small, petite, loves light, eats nutrients normally. Foliar feeding in veg will rock ya if RH is no issue. I loved this one and you've inspired me to search out another bit to grow. Luckily I had 7 viable samples still, 3 had been infected and thrown away, and I snipped a few samples of the biggest culture last night, because of you!    At the time my patients said it was too active for them. I know what they meant, but I like active !   The flavor is over the top. If you grow organic style next to salt ferts you'll see smell and taste the differences between the two. Organic for the win!

I've been tossing around the idea of an all organic grow, I'm just a sucker for great smelling, terpene filled buds, who isn't?!? But what I've heard is that the yields are greatly reduced, if that's not really the case, then I might make the switch.

Any decent grower can grow great meds filled with terpenes and awesome yields using various techniques. Anyone telling you differently is just a failure at what they cut down. Don't be discouraged by them. It's all good. I grow all different ways and some strains do better with different techniques. You have to experiment to find out what each likes. For example; My OG Kush grows great every which way I try but my SCUD likes organic better. It just produces more organically.

Hey everybody, I have half a bag of roots organics soil that's been out in the garage for about the last eight months, is there anyway I could sterilize it, to get rid of any pests, spores, bad bacteria that could be in it??? I'd really like to be able to use it when I move the babies, hopefully all becoming teens to there veg pots.

Hey everybody, I have half a bag of roots organics soil that's been out in the garage for about the last eight months, is there anyway I could sterilize it, to get rid of any pests, spores, bad bacteria that could be in it??? I'd really like to be able to use it when I move the babies, hopefully all becoming teens to there veg pots.

you can put it in the oven at 190 for 30 minutes. You could also microwave for 90 seconds. Steam is a third choice but it's a little tricky to do. I've never had to do this, but those that I know of did it in the oven. Edited by suneday11

Hey everybody, I just wanted to update everyone that contributed to this thread, the seedlings all seem to be doing great, the leaves are getting bigger and have multiple blades on them.

Thanks again everybody propagating this strain has been a dream of mine for awhile and I wouldn't have made it this far without the awesome info from everybody!

Very true words Resto! Thanks. When your buying seeds from another continent and they're delivered in a mini ziploc bag with a sticker on it that has the initials of the strain written on it, and there stuffed into the lining of a cheap hat, I guess you are just taking a big chance on what your getting, as far as strain, sex, and freshness of the seeds.

Well everyone, here's the little ladies about 8 days after there emergency transplant to new soil, and I've only watered them once since the transplant and they seem to be doing really great!

Thanks again to everybody that helped/contributed, I wouldn't have these five lovely ladies if it wasn't for your assistance and support.

post-39488-0-84175800-1448147189_thumb.jpg

post-39488-0-68339300-1448147252_thumb.jpg

post-39488-0-47306300-1448147527_thumb.jpg