Impaired Driving Safety Commission And Legislation To Begin The Assault On Cannabis And Driving.

bobandtorey

"Don't drive or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you"

When I medicate with my cannabis I don't want to go anywhere except a walk in the woods or my hammock with a book maybe.

I'm in pain and need to stop, find a cozy place to rest and get real for awhile. Driving on the road with cell phone jugglers and

people on morphine is dangerous imo, and the LAST place I want to be while healing this way. I swear some drivers are contemplating suicide on the road, maybe one missed rx away..... that's scary to me.

Hello and thank you for posting

"Don't drive or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you"<<<< i do agree but Leo only see's it as ( They know ) instead of ( until you know ) Imo it's an old Lawyer's trick  with words 

For me to  take a walk in the woods i would have to drive their first   Lol

"Don't drive or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you"

When I medicate with my cannabis I don't want to go anywhere except a walk in the woods or my hammock with a book maybe.

I'm in pain and need to stop, find a cozy place to rest and get real for awhile. Driving on the road with cell phone jugglers and

people on morphine is dangerous imo, and the LAST place I want to be while healing this way. I swear some drivers are contemplating suicide on the road, maybe one missed rx away..... that's scary to me.

I'm learning you are a very occasional cannabis user. Some of us are a little more chronic and have a life where we need to go about our daily business after we have used our chosen meds. Don't worry, we are used to it. We will be calm, cool, and collected in just about any situation on the road. 

After over 40 years of use, I think I know full and well whether I am "impaired" or not.

Heck, used to smoke and drive without any issues.

The only time I've had issues driving is under the influence of alcohol.

This is a big :money: grab have no doubt about it.  Easy pickins... heck cannabis users

are docile too.  Win win for the leo's.

I'm learning you are a very occasional cannabis user. Some of us are a little more chronic and have a life where we need to go about our daily business after we have used our chosen meds. Don't worry, we are used to it. We will be calm, cool, and collected in just about any situation on the road.

"very occasional user". I'd suppose the rest of the regulars here would not agree, but if you say so, I agree I guess.

I "went about my daily business" for many years. Now though, because of such butt busting work and hours in business I've successfully changed

our image of "my daily business", purposely even. I didn't enjoy my daily business typically, until I worked for myself. By that time I was ready to redefine this too, and have.   I have daily business like any farmer, devoted husband, father, homeowner, artist, musician I ever knew.

considered a chronic user when I went about life working for others, I was careful not to be detected. Mornings, lunch, breaks sometimes, drive home.

Thing is, my daily biz is MINE today, and I do with it as I please. Instead of one hitting the hidden pipes and hiding my cannabis from most everyone in my life, I like to do it differently now

this includes using my hammock, taking a break and a walk in the woods. Stopping my farming and slaughtering and gardening for some moments to enjoy my effects, the kind I experienced before I had to go about "someone elses daily business." Its a good place to be really, and I very much prefer it to any other I've experienced.  My past 25 yrs have been the dreams of mine for the previous 25 years. Like it or not, when I use cannabis I do so in conjunction with positive affirmations, connections with nature, cooking too, a real treasure for my soul every day, and of course my hammock,art and music.

If I have something to do today, like travel or fix the roof I just don't medicate, nor do I care if others do or don't. I used to, now I don't. I use more cannabis more often today than any day before I grew my own because I can, and it feels good momma!

Edited by grassmatch

Chronic users will build a tolerance for most of the product at the dispensaries.

This should be a factor in any testing for impairment

The Superior Bud is spread across the state in thousands of artisan grows.

You won't build a tolerance to Good Medicine

You Can't Beat Michigan Outdoors!

Abrogate

Edited by beourbud

Chronic users will build a tolerance for most of the product at the dispensaries.

This should be a factor in any testing for impairment

The Superior Bud is spread across the state in thousands of artisan grows.

You won't build a tolerance to Good Medicine

You Can't Beat Michigan Outdoors!

Abrogate

Sorry, I call B.S.

If my product was on the dispensary shelf it wouldn't be less or more tolerable. Tolerance levels would be identical. you're silly

Sorry, I call B.S.

If my product was on the dispensary shelf it wouldn't be less or more tolerable. Tolerance levels would be identical. you're silly

Could you rephrase this for clarification please?

Many long time Regular users of sub to mid meds.will build a tolerance to them over time . Super Meds not so much.

I am surprised you would disagree.

I have yet come across anything at a dispensary that compares to Michigan Outdoor Organic

"If". Your product is not on the shelf , they would not be evaluated and that supports my second point the best meds are in private artisan grows.

Standing by my op. Disp offer seconds at best. Michigan Outdoor Organic is hands down Superior

BS is a little harsh unless you have no real experience in heavy use.

Edited by beourbud

BS is a little harsh unless you have no real experience in heavy use.

Implying somehow that people using (supposed lesser occurrence of active compounds) dispensary mj have a higher or lower tolerance to mj, as related to driving while under the influence thereof compared to those patients using indoor/outdoor/lab grown mj ...lol...at least you are consistent in the B.S. department today. :P

The pharmacodynamics of all drugs are well documented, and maybe someone could put this into better words for me? the stronger the drug, the more pure the drug, the quicker you will develop a "tolerance", siply because of the repeated exposure to more active compounds.  there are different types of tolerances related to drugs and behavior while under the influence of them, but this covers it for the laymen among us I hope.

best meds are artisan grown- I agree

outdoor organic is better than dispensary?  dunno  bout that. I used to know jokers who sold

all of their outdoor organics to the local dispensary. This is where the  thought of outdoor grown mj is inferior, subpar, cheaper. it came from sampling herb that was definitely grown outdoors, poorly perhaps, but outdoor organics all the way.  Indoor fetches the best reviews, no mold, year round legal availability, no mites, no sprays, controlled environment, etc. but I love both.

Implying somehow that people using (supposed lesser occurrence of active compounds) dispensary mj have a higher or lower tolerance to mj, as related to driving while under the influence thereof compared to those patients using indoor/outdoor/lab grown mj ...lol...at least you are consistent in the B.S. department today. :P

The pharmacodynamics of all drugs are well documented, and maybe someone could put this into better words for me? the stronger the drug, the more pure the drug, the quicker you will develop a "tolerance", siply because of the repeated exposure to more active compounds. there are different types of tolerances related to drugs and behavior while under the influence of them, but this covers it for the laymen among us I hope.

Are you suggesting folk don't build a tolerance to pharma meds or Cannabis?

Let me rephrase. You can build a tolerance to sup par meds. Super meds not so much. I see a lot of sub par in the dispensaries.

Some is brick , a lot looks like it has been thru freezer hash already.

I am sure that many growers have great meds, they just don't make it to the dispensary unmolested.

Edited by beourbud

beourbud,

what I say is smoking the same cannabis chronically diminishes its effects over time. any cannabis, form any source, regularly used. True for myself and others tell me the same. Maybe not for everyone not sure, just everyone I ever knew is all.

If that herb is from mexico, or from my grow room, no difference, regular chronic use of the same sourced cannabis will build a drug resistance, just as pharma drugs, alcohol for some. The active ingredient is the active ingredient. am I clear now?

this is why I mentioned there are different types of tolerance issues, such as behavioral tolerances as you mention.

I do disagree with you though zap on the strain rotation. I have never met a patient who desired the same strain week after week. I am not interested in the same strain week after week.  Maybe not entirely a tolerance issue, but a personal preference maybe but tolerance will be an issue eventually. I have patients who mention their past supplier with the same concerns of samo samo, tastes the same, doesn't  work   for me  anymore  type of reports. With this evidence I am convinced that cannabis tolerance buildups, several types of them even, occur as they do with other hallucinogens, amphetamines, alcohol, cocaine, barbiturates, morphine, etc when it comes to cannabis.

pharma drug tolerances include behavioral ones also.  I know people that work daily while medicating with oxycontin. I knew bus drivers, school bus drivers, who did the same, and it was tolerated with an Rx!  I find this disturbing...even though it was obvious the drug did not effect them the way it did the first time,  a report often found in drug use annals.  Licit and illicit drug users report the same type of tolerance buildups.

Note to patients;

If your caregiver is sticking you with one or two strains month after month, drop me a line for a brand new experience. :yahoo-wave:

Different strains can have different effects. Some folks use cannabis for an attitude change. If they keep using the same strain the 'change' effect is not as strong as it was when they first started using the strain so they get a better 'change' with a different strain. 

This all depends on what you use cannabis for. If you use it partially for an altered state of mind then swapping out strains is effective. 

Excellent points zap!

now we can get into similar chemotypes comparisons. For instance some patients wish to be blotto'd on the couch after a grueling day of work. I have patient like that occasionally. I dont often allow those in, but sometimes with seed runs, trials, and breeding I'm rich with this type of cannabis strain profiles. That's when I invite that type into my registry.

Say if you had a reliable free laboratory to quantify every strain  you could theoretically select "similar profiles" of very different plants. Different flavors, different smells, maybe similar effects. I keep around 20 or so best for us strains. They are different in many ways, but the ways that matter to our medicinal needs are quite similar, providing this spicy variety, perhaps desired only by the chemotyped patients I seek.... very possible. 

Because of the expertise I bring to their table they will never have to worry about undesired effects, as long as I don't compromise my interview ideals, ...because I've got their number now.

I learned some of this early on when I noticed certain types of people desired certain types of cannabis. I got smart about this quick and carefully choose my registry now. a small group of likeminded patients, who all like the same strains I offer, fortunately.   It does go wrong sometimes......I'll share this example scenario--

It sometimes takes longer than expected to find that perfect patient who ticks all of my boxes. Not a worry often though luckily.  When a patient leaves, dies, moves, doesn't reup their card etc..I'm left with 12 plants, somewhere, in clone, in veg or in flower. I have to kill 12 pants. Flowering deaths kill me, the investment is troubling. Clones are sometimes more valuable as the only record I may have of a desired strain. veggin plants are usually my victim, as I have more than one of each usually.

I still don't like to lose any genetics or life. The quick answer is to register a patient before the "due date"......if one is available. If not, I've dipped into the undesireable pond and registered without regard to my own rules......this is the only time it goes bad for me. I take on a person under 40, or one with a face flame tattoo.....never satisfied, never on time, never consistent, never appreciative, twitchy, working man hours, rent issues, girlfriend/boyfriend issues, on and on.....only to be soon to be dropped by me anyways. I have a different planting schedule now so killing plants doesn't effect me much anymore. its nice to have a perfect registry, but its a lot of work.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/02/roadside_drug_test_pilot_would.html

'A dangerous precedent'

Attorney Neil Rockind, founder of Southfield-based criminal defense law firm Rockind Law, said he opposes the bill and calls the proposed testing "bad science."

"The criminal justice system wants to take science and turn it into a fast, easy utility," he said. "Science is neither fast nor easy." 

Rockind said the legislation would set a "dangerous precedent" for Michigan. 

"A pilot program is a test program and, in this case, treats people as guinea pigs to be studied," he said.

"People are not guinea pigs. No citizen should be the subject of a test program when their liberty and way of life are on the line."

After looking at this proposed law again, the inclusion of schedule 2 drugs is limited to 7214(a)(iv) and thus would not include marijuana for medical purposes. Since they are leaving out section 7214(e) is it safe to say they are not targeting medical marijuana or that these people just don’t know how to read law?

Even if the legislature intends not to target MMJ patients, it surely would be used to by MSP or LEO for that purpose. All of these drugs besides MJ are difficult to detect unless you are heavily intoxicated, i.e. no odor. Marijuana is the only drug that is easily detectable in most cases. Really, we’re going to dish out $50 per mouth-swab test to go after MJ users and confused patients that don’t know their rights/the law.

I hope any medical marijuana patient that is presented with a mouth swab lets that officer know where they can stick it (it's not going to be your mouth).