Why Is Marijuana Banned?

It won't stop as history has proven.... killing has just become more efficient is all.

More regulations will not stop people who do not cherish life.

so let me get this straight. The repubs want to defund planned parent hood because it is murder but the protect the crazy with a gun killing children in their seats at school.

Something's gotta give and it's time the Gun industry steps up and takes responsibility for their products.

Probably sooner than later,If nothing is done the pendulum is going to swing and gun owners are not going to be happy, me included.

It is sad that the gun industry does not take a proactive approach to fixing this.

Guns are as dangerous as autos, you should be trained, tested and insured if you are going to own a firearm.

There are just to many guns on the street, we as a country should be embarrassed, we sure look uncivilized to the rest of the world.

Instead of looking forward and solving problems for a better future for our children,the fknrepublicans want to take us back to 1840 and slavery and the Wild West.

So to the " it will never work". BS

Proud Gun Enthusiast

Edited by beourbud

I never thought I would see the day I could grow my own meds in Michigan

I never thought I would see the day kids were gunned down while folks just sat on there hands

We the People Changed that. If a bunch of potheads can make change, just think what an constituency of grieving parents can do.

One thing for sure...Change Happens

If this doesn't get fixed soon the gun ind and owners are not going to like that change.

Edited by beourbud

Written safety exam and psychological profile, plus waiting period.

Didn't you hear the psychologist on NPR.  There are over x million people in the US with anxiety problems, esp. teh way society is going, and there is NO way for them to pick out who will turn out to be someone who shouldn't have a gun.  You have to fix that with giving people someone to talk to.  Most people's mental state is up and down depending on life situations.  Anyone can flip if given teh right situations, you can't just ban guns and fix that, curb some of it and shift it in to a different statistic isle maybe but not getting to the societal problem.

Cuomo tried that in NYS as a test case and it drew so much outrage(they took away the pistols of a man who had taken anxiety meds for a work related incident and called for medical records of a bunch of pistol permit holders in NYS.  The DRS. fought back saying medical records were not going to be handed over and the gov. said that it was a mistake, although there was no one with the same or a close name on any state papers) that the gov. decided it wasn't worth it.  This was part of the Safe Act in NYS.

I propose mandatory pistol permits countrywide, with a gov't paid class for training and safety.  The background check for CCL is much more in depth than the over the counter check they do when you buy a pistol for open carry in this state or a long rifle in any state.  but you'll never hear a politician say that.  It then gives you the right to get HANDGUNs(which are responsible for 97+% of the gun violence) out of ANYONES hands who didn't have a safety course and background check.  This way the single issue voters will be somewhat quelled since they already have tehir concealed carry permits, generally, giving you the least resistance.  but most gun owners know that assault rifles are responsible for less than 2% of teh gun violence so tacking an assault weapons ban and hi capacity clip ban looses the support needed.  And of course any mental health checks are seen as a back door way to take away guns, which cuomo has proven they are.

I've studied this what you want will defeat what you can get.

And a waiting period?  If they have to take a class there's your waiting period, most other people buying guns already have one.  That just pisses people off.  Esp hunters who may need a gun to finish out the season.  And written safety exam?  For what?  If you've never held a gun writing does absolutely nothing.

Edited by Norby

Gun laws are simply an exercise in market manipulation in my view.

Everyone here has real world experience with a market manipulated by the government.

Has market manipulation worked for mj?

What makes anyone think it will work better with guns?

Every suggestion of increasing government 'control' of the market to limit supply is met with increased demand.

In terms of sheer numbers, more AR/AK style weapons have been disbursed to private citizens during this administration than any previous one.

In terms of sheer numbers, more AR style assault weapons (and surplus military vehicles) have been disbursed to police agencies than any previous one.

Gun laws are simply an exercise in market manipulation in my view.

Everyone here has real world experience with a market manipulated by the government.

Has market manipulation worked for mj?

What makes anyone think it will work better with guns?

Every suggestion of increasing government 'control' of the market to limit supply is met with increased demand.

In terms of sheer numbers, more AR/AK style weapons have been disbursed to private citizens during this administration than any previous one.

In terms of sheer numbers, more AR style assault weapons (and surplus military vehicles) have been disbursed to police agencies than any previous one.

That's the truth. Even mentioning the phrase 'gun law' stimulates the gun market. We are experience the gun lobby yanking us around by our short hairs. We debate back and forth about a non issue while they rake in billions. 

Thanks for cutting through the haze of unreality and putting your finger right on the nucleus of the issue. I bet the gun lobby laughs their arses off at us debating this because every time we do they sell more guns.

No one wants to take our guns away but their are folks wanting to take our money away and they are winning. 

And yet police are routinely prescribed anti anxiety meds.  People have to learn how to disperse a situation rather than clammering for what they WANT police and psychologist to be able to do.  If the police higher ups don't make guns a higher priority than drugs and if drugs aren't legalized nothing will change, it will escalate.

And as far as registering, testing and insuring gun owners like drivers, well there are more unliscensed and uninsured motorists on teh street now than ever and they can pull them over, check plates, etc.  How is this supposed to work other than increasing the # of people hitting the prison system who may have never used a gun other than self defense?  Cars should be easier to police than a hidden weapon which the black market is already supplying and wouldn't mind the uptick in demand.  And the cops will keep going after drugs.  As society crumbles anad more laws are created tehy not only diminish respect for laws already on teh books but also drains more cost from the economy to the top 1 % by imprisoning or giving court costs to people who are NOT a problem.

That's the truth. Even mentioning the phrase 'gun law' stimulates the gun market. We are experience the gun lobby yanking us around by our short hairs. We debate back and forth about a non issue while they rake in billions. 

Thanks for cutting through the haze of unreality and putting your finger right on the nucleus of the issue. I bet the gun lobby laughs their arses off at us debating this because every time we do they sell more guns.

No one wants to take our guns away but their are folks wanting to take our money away and they are winning. 

BS.  Why do you think that?  Is it that you think that taking guns away means ALL guns?  It means any gun we can now own, which in each state is getting to be less and less.  Obama, Hillary and Bernie have all sent me emails requesting support for an ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN and Cuomo did it in NYS at 4am, that's proof. Do I have to show you the emails for you to stop spreading lies?  We've been thru this before.  Actually I deleted the emails but a quick search would give you the truth, it's really easy.

Edited by Norby

BS.  Why do you think that?  Is it that you think that taking guns away means ALL guns?  It means any gun we can now own, which in each state is getting to be less and less.  Obama, Hillary and Bernie have all sent me emails requesting support for an ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN.  Do I have to show you the emails for you to stop spreading lies?  We've been thru this before.  Actually I deleted the emails but a quick search would give you the truth, it's really easy.

BS? Spreading lies? Get a grip dude. We are just posting our opinions on a web site. It's a new day so lets be a little less harsh about this. It's not like we are going to solve it here. All we might actually accomplish is stimulating some more gun sales. 

BS? Spreading lies? Get a grip dude. We are just posting our opinions on a web site. It's a new day so lets be a little less harsh about this. It's not like we are going to solve it here. All we might actually accomplish is stimulating some more gun sales. 

ok.  Well your opinion is false, sorry.

wow.

Opinions are just that... opinions. geesh.

Unless you can prove them wrong, then they are false and dangerous, wouldn't you agree?  Like MJ is dangerous, just an opinion, right?  How about the opinion that global warming isn't happening.  What about my opinion that less fertilizer raises the cannabinoid ratios.  Resto jumped down my throat about that opinion and you didn't tell him it's just an opinion, gheeesh.

Edited by Norby

And you are probably right about the emails you received. But those emails don't matter because there is no solid support across the US to limit guns in any way. It's just not happening. They even talk about it and it stimulates gun sales. 

I see, so that means No One is trying to take away guns?  BS.  You just want to minimalize it so that support can build and no one worries.  There wasn't even half support in NYS and the ban went thru.  Gheeesh.

I see caregivers for cheaper all the time. :-)

Assault rifles? Overblown in my experience. Useless for most purposes except assaulting.

Want something really lethal? Try six rounds of double-ought buckshot in a classic twelve gauge pump.

While the plant police drooled at the sight of a forty-year-old Ruger .357 SS Security-six double action revolver, they ignored the Ruger 10-22 .22LR rifle.

With a solid rest that little rifle will hit a quarter (or an eyeball) at one-hundred yards, a distance at which the pistol unreliable.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Unless you can prove them wrong, then they are false and dangerous, wouldn't you agree?  Like MJ is dangerous, just an opinion, right?  How about the opinion that global warming isn't happening.  What about my opinion that less fertilizer raises the cannabinoid ratios.  Resto jumped down my throat about that opinion and you didn't tell him it's just an opinion, gheeesh.

Really?  I didn't call you out so if you are butt hurt by my comment... well my dear... if the shoe fits, wear it I say.

You have brought yet another thread around to being yet another argument about gun laws.

I for one am tired of it.  You want to argue gun laws???

Make your own thread, thanks.

And yes... this time I did call you out norby.

I can not help it the dems want to take away your guns. It's in response to the hard on people seem to have here for dems when they are just as bad or worse for MJ and when you get on these topics it ends up that all these issues are intertwined.  It's not may fault that resto likes to jump on my facts about guns, and zap and others.  If the misinfo wasn't being spewed I'd not have to further discuss it.  So no, I didn't turn it, it takes more than one person talking about it and Resto made the first accusation.  I mentioned it in passing and people challenged my facts with opinion and it snowballed from there So blame it on me if you want but it seems others have very strong opinions(not facts but hey this is a discussion with opinions right) about the topic too.

I am done arguing with you Norb.  Make a gun thread and direct your conversations there is my suggestion.

Resto and I have also had unpleasant words in the past... move on man, move on.

Maaaaa! He touched me... well he touched me 1st. but he, but heeeee, but HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DID IT FIRST!!!

Be the bigger person... someone... please.

Edit to add;

I have been catching flack for speaking out like this 'now that I am a Forum Leader'. HU?

My response to that is;

Take a look back at my posts through the years WAY before I was a mod.

You'll find that I have been asking people to be more pleasant to each other all along.

I see it hasn't worked so maybe I am the one who should stfu.

Edited by imiubu