In Search Of Clones Wayne Oakland Monroe

starting seeds is really easy. they naturally want to grow... did you try starting them under a 1000watt light or in the sun?

Blue spectrum T8s in seed starting medium with distilled water.

For the last 3 months seeds just are not breaking the soil  and this is multiple seed  shop strains Barneys Mos Cutty nothing is breaking the soil .

dang that's weird. i thought it might be a strain problem because I read something from some breeder. ... depending on where in the world the strain is from it will like brighter light to start. but if you are having problems with multiple seed companys that seems unlikely. 

you don't have any fungus gnats around do you?  They'll devastate newly rooted clones(ones with only 2-3 roots poking out) and seedlings.

The only other time I had that happen was with dr gt bubba og.  They came in the mail when it was in the teens and I think they froze with a little too much moisture in them or they were just getting old.

Are you using Happy Frog or another soil mix that could be too hot?

Edited by ANHEMP

Always had trouble with seeds too. Recently bought a clone tray, dome, root riot cubes, and heat pad.

Do like resto said with paper towel, then put in cubes, put dome on top, have a light source above dome and try to control humidity.

Works great!

It just takes practice, suggest experiment with some regular seeds first, then try to good seeds.

you don't have any fungus gnats around do you?  They'll devastate newly rooted clones(ones with only 2-3 roots poking out) and seedlings.

The only other time I had that happen was with dr gt bubba og.  They came in the mail when it was in the teens and I think they froze with a little too much moisture in them or they were just getting old.

Are you using Happy Frog or another soil mix that could be too hot?

No only use light warrior for babys and clones and no gnats that ive seen .

Thats what I do get a nice taprot then into solo cups then nothing  never had anything like this happen before crazy stuff .

last run i did i started with 12 seeds... i got one to germ. then i pulled my old stock and started 20 seeds... got 1 to survive. then i tossed 50 bagseeds down in wet paper towels in a warm dark spot ... got 1 to germ.

last year was a terrible germination rate for me :(. 3 fem plants, 4 males. rip 2017.

i know your pain, and i have NO IDEA WHAT WENT WRONG. but it sure went wrong haha.

tried different water, tap, filtered, distilled, with nutes, without nutes, with compost tea, tried direct soil seeding, coco seeding... just bad all around.

good luck with your clone journey.

Edited by bax

I germinated about 10 seeds in the past year. All survived and thrived. Most recently I popped 3 freebies - Barneys farms tangerine dream, humboldt blue dream, th seeds wreckage- and they are all coming along fine three weeks into veg. All three of these seeds are one year old and they all had tap roots within 3 days of being in the wet towel.I don't know if this makes any difference, but I wet the paper towel with a dilute solution of hydrogen peroxide.

Blue spectrum T8s in seed starting medium with distilled water.

For the last 3 months seeds just are not breaking the soil  and this is multiple seed  shop strains Barneys Mos Cutty nothing is breaking the soil .

I honestly think something is going on with the planet im seeing this all over the web from the last 6 months in other countrys as well  . :huh:

If it's just seeds through the mail then you might be seeing some 'radiating' going on. Try some seeds that didn't go through the mail. 

Genotype has seeds, but are $10 on up. Find it hard to spend that money and not being that good at germinating.

Do you have a clone bucket? Get some clippings and put in clone bucket. 10 - 14 days later you got some plants.

I use a 8 hole 5 gallon bucket that has an air stone and a pump. Works great. I can give you dimensions of everything if you wish to build.

Genotype has seeds, but are $10 on up. Find it hard to spend that money and not being that good at germinating.

Do you have a clone bucket? Get some clippings and put in clone bucket. 10 - 14 days later you got some plants.

I use a 8 hole 5 gallon bucket that has an air stone and a pump. Works great. I can give you dimensions of everything if you wish to build.

I have an easy cloner 30 works fine most of the time and the Dr Greenthumb Bubba OG  roots within a week but lemon cake Tahoe OG  and Blueberry cuts all failed this go around .

• 2 weeks later...