Sign in to follow this  
hero4u

12 plants per household or per individual?

Hello!  Quick question regarding legal plant growing!   With the NEW law that was just passed.  we can grow 12 plants!  I WAS TOLD that it was 12 plants PER household???   Is that true?  What if a husband and wife BOTH want to grow?  Is every person in the house allowed to grow 12 plants?   Or is it just 12 plants per house?  thanks!

14 hours ago, hero4u said:

ok thanks.  I must have read it wrong. 

That's why I went right to the text of the law and wrote that in my post. The specificity of the wording is important. The ballot language did say that people could grow 12 plants. Which would lead you to think that living together shouldn't cancel your right. I'm sure it will be litigated soon. Some 'premises' are very large and have many occupants. 

In Colorado they let the local officials be the deciders on plant count. In some cannabis friendly areas you can grow 99, right up to the federal line. I believe that will happen here too. Why not?

Edited by Restorium2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By hero4u
      Hello again!  I am a newbie grower and i will be starting from seed and will be growing in soil.   Im looking for a good nutrient system that will work well for me!  I will be using two 300 watt LED grow lights and will be utilizing a grow tent.   Im looking a for a nutrient system that will be easy enough for me to use as a newbie but STILL have great flavor, denseness, etc.    

Any suggestions.  I am ALL ABOUT FLAVOR!  So looking for a system that will help with flavor as well!  

THANKS AGAIN!!!
    • By Josh_Colton
      Below I have attached a link to all of the administrative rules that were released by LARA in relation to the MMFLA. This definitely provides some clarity and insight into what potential license applicants can expect through the process, while operating their facilities, and in their interactions with the state. 
      http://www.michigan.gov/documents/opt/Emergency_Rules_Medical_Marihuana_Facilities_Licensing_Act_607643_7.pdf
    • By Josh_Colton
      Some clarity provided on fee structure for the licensing process, but nothing finite as they have only provided a range of potential fees. 

September 12, 2017 - At a meeting of the Medical Marihuana Licensing Board later today, the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) will inform the board members regarding several oversight issues and the implementation of the regulatory framework for the new Medical Marihuana Facility Licensing Act (MMFLA). LARA, in consultation with the board, has sole authority to promulgate rules and emergency rules as necessary to implement, administer, and enforce the MMFLA.
      LARA will notify the board of its intent to submit emergency rules necessary for the initial implementation of the MMFLA. The emergency rules – expected to be submitted in November – will further establish regulatory policies, including the application and licensing process and the fee structure. LARA is currently working with the board to develop permanent rules.
      Existing Facilities
      LARA consulted with the Michigan Attorney General’s office regarding facilities and dispensaries currently in operation and determined that any regulatory action will require an administrative rule. The department’s intent for the emergency rules is to consider any operation of a facility – that would otherwise need to be licensed under the MMFLA – as a potential impediment to licensure if continued after December 15, 2017. LARA will begin accepting license applications for all facilities on that date. This applies to all facilities defined under MMFLA. This approach will allow existing operations to wind down while also giving adequate time for patients to establish connections to caregivers to help ensure continuity of access.
      Fee Structure
      MMFLA requires LARA, in consultation with the board, to set the application fee and the annual regulatory assessment for each license. LARA will notify the board of its intent to submit emergency rules related to the following fee structure:
      The Application Fee is non-refundable and offsets the cost for LARA, the Michigan State Police (MSP), and/or contract costs for investigative services in order to conduct the background investigation of those applying for licenses. The nonrefundable application fee – which must be submitted with the application – will likely be in the $4,000 to $8,000 range, depending on the number of applications received. The annual Regulatory Assessment offsets operational costs and other statutory mandates including LARA’s costs to implement the act. It also offsets the cost of medical-marihuana-related services provided to LARA by the Michigan Attorney General’s office, MSP, and the Dept. of Treasury. By statute, the assessment must also provide $500,000 annually to LARA for licensing substance abuse disorder programs in addition to five percent of other state departments’ costs to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services for substance abuse-related expenses. LARA is currently determining the annual regulatory assessment for fiscal year 2018 for each of the five license categories authorized by MMFLA. Grower A licenses are capped, by statute, at $10,000. Grower B-C, Processor, Transporter, and Provisioning Center licenses will be dependent on the number of total licenses subject to assessment and could be as low as $10,000 or as high as $57,000. The regulatory assessment does not apply to safety compliance facilities.
    • By Josh_Colton
      Well this is interesting. So imagine where this is headed, politics aside. This is going to make this a more efficient and streamlined process. Less transport company involvement. 

Co-Location of Medical Marihuana Facilities Operation of grower, processor, and/or provisioning center facilities at the same location The purpose of this bulletin is to advise the public and potential medical marihuana licensees of the Bureau of Medical Marihuana Regulation’s intention to allow for the operation of licensed grower, processor, and/or provisioning center facilities at the same location. This bulletin is only for advisory purposes and is subject to change. A potential licensee may apply for and be granted a license to operate as a grower, processor, and/or provisioning center. It is the Bureau’s intention that growers, processors, and provisioning centers may operate at the same location under the following conditions:  Each licensed entity remains distinct and separate within different working areas.  Each licensed entity has separate entrances and exits, point of sale operations (if applicable), and record keeping systems.  The municipality in which the facility is located does not prohibit co-location of facilities through its local ordinance or zoning regulations.  Each licensed entity is compliant with local and state public health standards and building inspection and fire safety regulations.  Each entity’s license is posted on the wall in its distinct working area.  The Department has authorized the licensees to operate at the same location. Other considerations regarding co-location of facilities:  Additional inspections and/or permits may be required for licensed entities operating at the same location.  Each grower, processor, and provisioning center requires its own separate application, regulatory assessment, and license.
    • By Michael Komorn
      Presented by:
      Kenneth Stecker
      Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan
      and
      F/Lt. David Greydanus
      Michigan State Police

The Handout from today's presentation in Monroe will follow.

http://www.mi-pte.org/sudppps2010/MedicalMarijuana.pdf