I have extra clones

Medical Mary

10 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Sure, why not? Every adult can have them. You can give plants and marijuana away all day long until your heart is content!

Here's a zinger legal question to consider - a possible crack in the law.  Under the recreational MJ law, ""Marihuana" means all parts of the plant of the genus cannabis, growing or not....."

Also

"1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege:

(a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate;

(b) within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;

(c) assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in this section; and

(d) giving away or otherwise transferring without remuneration up to 2.5 ounces of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate, to a person 21 years of age or older, as long as the transfer is not advertised or promoted to the public."

So...the question is, if I give you 12 clone/plants, for free, and they weigh about 1/2 oz. each, is that a legal transfer?  Nothing in the law (as far as I can tell) differentiates between dried marijuana and live marijuana plants as far as weight limits for transfer.

49 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Here's a zinger legal question to consider - a possible crack in the law.  Under the recreational MJ law, ""Marihuana" means all parts of the plant of the genus cannabis, growing or not....."

Also

"1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege:

(a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate;

(b) within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;

(c) assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in this section; and

(d) giving away or otherwise transferring without remuneration up to 2.5 ounces of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate, to a person 21 years of age or older, as long as the transfer is not advertised or promoted to the public."

So...the question is, if I give you 12 clone/plants, for free, and they weigh about 1/2 oz. each, is that a legal transfer?  Nothing in the law (as far as I can tell) differentiates between dried marijuana and live marijuana plants as far as weight limits for transfer.

I think that giving plants away for free would be one of the lowest prosecuted offenses. However, if you advertised, it might be enough to draw attention by law enforcement. 

47 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I think that giving plants away for free would be one of the lowest prosecuted offenses. However, if you advertised, it might be enough to draw attention by law enforcement. 

Understood, and I agree.  But you (and I) know what it's like to be a pioneer in MJ, as you started one of the first compassion clubs in Michigan - across the street from the Saginaw police station, FFS.  That took some balls.  Today, that doesn't seem to mean a lot, but in 2009, it was a big deal.  

We've cooperated on ideas many times; let's figure out a legal platform/process for legal transfer of plants between non-MMJ folks.

13 hours ago, Highlander said:

Understood, and I agree.  But you (and I) know what it's like to be a pioneer in MJ, as you started one of the first compassion clubs in Michigan - across the street from the Saginaw police station, FFS.  That took some balls.  Today, that doesn't seem to mean a lot, but in 2009, it was a big deal.  

We've cooperated on ideas many times; let's figure out a legal platform/process for legal transfer of plants between non-MMJ folks.

Thanks for the kind words.

The feds will leave you alone if you follow Michigan Law to a T. The cap on a non medical grow is 12. There's no room for giving away clones. Saying you are growing medical plants then swapping hats and saying you are selling recreational plants is a non starter legally. The law says you can't advertise or sell. It would be pretty easy to get way over your head and end up with a federally prosecuted felony for growing more than 99.

We had the same problem back in '09. You sprouted seeds and prayed for someone to give you A clone. If you were unconnected then you went with seeds only. We can help point the way with that as we did back then. 

The State has this all figured out. There will be clones at the dispensaries. Just like Colorado. If you want to see the future google Colorado Clones

When there is a need for a short cut folks will risk everything for a hundo($100). 

What I think is that folks will have to sprout seeds, ask for clones from their acquaintances, and wait for the clone stores to open. 

Look on Craigslist, there are many for sale. It's probably not dangerous legally to buy 12 clones or less. It's very dangerous legally to sell them. Take advantage of the folks that will risk everything for a hundo($100). They think they are smarter than us. It's going to be very cool to be able to buy from a great clone store. Can't wait!

22 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Bingo! Thanks. What do they have and how much are they? Do they have an online menu for this?

They only sell to medical card patients.

Cost is $40 per clone. Some even higher. Strains vary weekly. 

Only open weekends from 12 - 6.

For best selection, get there and be in line at noon.

Go online to GenotypeA2. They are on facebook also.

Strains for the week are posted early Sat. mornings.

"Now that you went online and found out that selling clones is illegal,"

But I haven't found out that selling clones is illegal. I don't know that to be true.
One card holder can sell clones or plants to another card holder as far as I know. I mean where TF you s'pose to get them from if selling them is illegal?

5 hours ago, Medical Mary said:

But I haven't found out that selling clones is illegal. I don't know that to be true.
One card holder can sell clones or plants to another card holder as far as I know. I mean where TF you s'pose to get them from if selling them is illegal?

We have all wished that card holders could sell to other card holders. Some even came here to argue it. Most of those wise guys that would not heed have been arrested by now. The courts have outlined that you can only sell to those you are connected to through the State registry, i.e. you are their caregiver. I gave you that advice way back in the posts. Take it or leave it but it's the law.

5 hours ago, Medical Mary said:

One card holder can sell clones or plants to another card holder as far as I know.
I mean where TF you s'pose to get them from if selling them is illegal?

I bought some seeds. A patient gave me some clones. Dispensaries are selling clones. Take your pick. 

8 hours ago, Medical Mary said:

If you buy seeds from a seed house like in amsterdam or w/e then you are committing a federal offense by having it shipped through the mail. 

People have been doing it for 10 years now and no one gets busted for buying seeds. The feds say that they only want to prosecute folks who DO NOT FOLLOW State Law, like you and your selling of clones after you advertise it here every day. You are the target, not those who buy seeds.

3 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Website for genotype has been removed, anyone know what is going on?

Temporary website issues according to their Instagram account. Still open and doing business. 

Just remember to quarantine anything you get there to be safe. 

Generally good people running it but dirty clones have been known to have come from there. 

Been in business for many years.