Anyone using Royal Oak tap water for soil grow?

budrock61

Don't have royal oak water, but I suggest you do some research on it. Check with the municipality, and see if they use Clorine or cloramine. Clorine evaporates, Cloramine does not.  Check your ppm with a meter, over 300ppm, also not good.

The Detroit Water Only will require more than what's in it. I strongly suggest heavy use of teas, and/or topdressing. You can make it through without, but really does need more. A neighbor went down this road. After 4 runs, it's dialed, but just soil and water did not do the trick for him.

Edit: just a thought, maybe mix the bottom half of soil with a packaged supersoil mix. This could give enough umph, to make it on just water. only an idea, not tested

Edited by glued gorilla

I live in Ferndale and for years my water came out of the tap at 6 ph. A couple of years ago they put in new water lines and it wiped out my whole hydro system overnight. My guess was some additive they put in for the new pipes.

Ever since this happened the water from the tap is now 8 to 8.5 ph.

Definitely let the water sit before using it and adjust the ph as needed.