1st Time Grower / 1 Lady in Veg

BrianVegTops

17 hours ago, BrianVegTops said:

Cheap trick / exo genetics 

The newer genetics like this are crossed to promote production. They produce huge amounts of 'weaker' cannabis. Lots of fun to grow, not so much enjoyment  in the end product if you like potency.  You should easily get a half pound if you grow it right. 

1 hour ago, BrianVegTops said:

I am bummed that I am growing weaker bud after 3 months. 

I have tried seeds like these since 2009 and I'm always disappointed in the results as far as potency. It is a definite bummer. If you can get a strain that is 'full strength' it will produce about 1/4 of what these designer strains produce. 

I'm growing OGKush and Headband. They are legacy strains that have been around for decades. They are quality over quantity strains. 

2 hours ago, BrianVegTops said:

I am bummed that I am growing weaker bud after 3 months. 

You won't know until you try it. Large doesn't necessarily mean weak. Some strains like Big Bud were bred for size and weren't as strong as some of the other strains. They have since come up with some new strains that are higher yielding but still produce good meds.

1 hour ago, Wild Bill said:

You won't know until you try it. Large doesn't necessarily mean weak. Some strains like Big Bud were bred for size and weren't as strong as some of the other strains. They have since come up with some new strains that are higher yielding but still produce good meds.

I researched the strain did you ??

It's a cross of the very strains I grow with a lot of others for what reason? 

There's only one reason I can think of. More production. Crossing the old strains with the new is what they do .......

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

I researched the strain did you ??

It's a cross of the very strains I grow with a lot of others for what reason? 

There's only one reason I can think of. More production. Crossing the old strains with the new is what they do .......

When do you think the stretch will start? Still two weeks away?

If she puts on decent flower, you should be able to hit 8 with her. I looked into her a bit as well, I don't think it will be week at all. Tests come in in the low 20s, that is very respectable. Tina is a nice strain, and so is thin mint, I think you may end up with something nice! Good luck!

7 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

If she puts on decent flower, you should be able to hit 8 with her. I looked into her a bit as well, I don't think it will be week at all. Tests come in in the low 20s, that is very respectable. Tina is a nice strain, and so is thin mint, I think you may end up with something nice! Good luck!

Tina and Thin Mint are both watered down Chem D and OG Kush. So yes, they have half good genetics and the rest is a crap shoot. Why anyone would cross chem or og in the first place? Oh, to make more production? Yup. Why else?

To me that's like taking Miss America and wanting to change/make her so she can load sacks of potatoes into the farm truck! lol I'm a pot snob. I don't believe in breeding for production, I would rather find ways to help her produce with her original blood line unsullied. Not like I haven't tried dozens of these cross breeds to find the easy way to more production. Every time I try one I find that they are not quite as good. That's not acceptable when your focus is on quality. I will not give up even 5% quality for 30% yield. 

8 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

The thing about that is when you compare a strain that the dispensary or seed bank says has 20% with like an original Headband(SFV Diesel), OG Kush(SFV), or Chem D(SFV), there is a very big difference.  So these numbers do not tell the whole story. 

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

Tina and Thin Mint are both watered down Chem D and OG Kush. So yes, they have half good genetics and the rest is a crap shoot. Why anyone would cross chem or og in the first place? Oh, to make more production? Yup. Why else?

To me that's like taking Miss America and wanting to change/make her so she can load sacks of potatoes into the farm truck! lol I'm a pot snob. I don't believe in breeding for production, I would rather find ways to help her produce with her original blood line unsullied. Not like I haven't tried dozens of these cross breeds to find the easy way to more production. Every time I try one I find that they are not quite as good. That's not acceptable when your focus is on quality. I will not give up even 5% quality for 30% yield. 

Having not had, this cross, I'm not going to argue the point anymore, but I still think there is possibilty of good product there. I do think there are plenty of modern crosses with great quality and yield though. Ice cream cake, kush mints, and Gg4 are a few that I have run. All are Connisuer quality, and able to produce 2+lb per light.