Crimestoppers Investigating My Grow?

Well i was woke up this morning by my neighbor who does all my grow room contracting that one of his old friends who is strung out on oxy cotin reported a ton of people including me to crimestoppers giving my address my description the fact that i own 2 dogs etc and told LEO that my neighbor built me a grow operation and takes my meds and sells it from his house on the black market . :rolleyes:

None of this is true naturally but now im on the fence on what to do should i go to local LEO with all my paperwork and show them im legal or do i just sit it out and wait for the door to fly off the hinges ? :huh:

Remembering my advice is worth exactly what you are paying for it, here is one thing to consider.

Just because someone drops a dime on you, that in itself isn't enough to justify a 'legal' search warrant. LEO will need to have some corraborating evidence; trash pull, second story, etc. By itself one individual's heresay isn't enough.

That said, there are also the appearances to consider. Try to consider how things look from LEO's perspective. Is there some reason they would believe your neighbor is involved in black market activities?

While I believe it is in my own interest to avoid LEO interactions, I am not shy about promoting MMJ in various venues. As such I assume they might visit me again in the future. For this reason, my own personal commitment is to staying within the bounds of the law and keeping a low profile; tell no one, show no one, drive carefully. Watching the 'Busted' video is good preparation and if one expects a visit from LEO it is best not to have any firearms in the home just in case they take issue with your legality.

Stay safe, life is good.

oitc

Well since i know none of this is true im just going to sit pat and wait it out hopefully since i have zero visiters and only medicate inside my home im betting they just move on to real crime but ya all want to know the bad part of this all?

Hes a cardholding patient and word is they just hit his own card holding brothers house on his tip .

Well since i know none of this is true im just going to sit pat and wait it out hopefully since i have zero visiters and only medicate inside my home im betting they just move on to real crime but ya all want to know the bad part of this all?

Hes a cardholding patient and word is they just hit his own card holding brothers house on his tip .

I like christinax4" advice. a consult with an attorney might save you a headache. I would not go myself they might think your volunteering to answer questions you don't need to answer.

watch the video so its fresh in your mind & your ready if you do get a visit.

sorry this is happening to you. Hope every thing works out ok...........

It doesn't hurt to go to your local LEO and introduce yourself. Even if it is on the guise of you wanting to make sure they are aware of the law, etc. - take them some handouts, let them know you are a med mj patient and want to work with them to ensure people (including the LEO) is properly educated. Being proactive, letting them know that YOU know the law - and doing it in their house rather than waiting for them to come to yours.

MHO

Bless,

Linda

They are waiting till June 2nd....dun dun dun!! J/K I prob shoulda posted that in the conspicary theory section :D

Im still torn. I wouldn't want to go waiving it around but then again I wouldn't want to have them show up at my house so I can waive it around the "other" neighbors. With nothing to hide its a hard decision. Good luck again.

i know how you must feel But i would not go to Leo's house thats for sure

Yeh i am begining to think thats not the right approach here. :mellow:

1. Im legal cards in hand

2. Im at my 12 plant limit thats including 9 sickly clones so im good there.

3. I have a little over a oz of smokeable bud so theres nothing they can act on there as well .

It just makes me ill that i can be virtualy unseen by humans due to my back issues yet i get informed on as a drug dealer what is this world coming to ? :(

if they come in your house, and if they decide to really mess up ur life, they can seize those plants (which will then die in their property room),

seize that one ounce of med you have (which they will send to the state police crime lab for testing to make sure its weed, and you'll probably never see again) and they can seize whatever smoking paraphanelia, pipes, bowls, vaporizers, or scales they find, which you will need to replace prior to ur case getting (hopefully) dismissed...that is if you have the $$ to buy more meds to smoke, because they can also seize any cash they find stashed in ur house, for their investigation (i.e."drug money").

you gotta think worse case scenario, dude. Call your lawyer, who will probably tell you hide some of ur meds and cash somewhere besides your house, and dont talk to the police

The Act does not potect you from being arrested.

From what ive seen over the last year most arrest came when people did not have a card in hand and who knows how many clones 1 count in an unamed case where they had 240 clones !

No traffic no sales hopefully means no worries for me but i appreciate your looking out for me but i have zero money for any lawyers ive killed my credit outfitting my current legal grow room .

i have zero money for any lawyers ive killed my credit outfitting my current legal grow room .

Call Matt Abel. Keep it short and sweet, and he'll give you advice over the phone @ no charge...call him in the afternoon during the week, because in the mornings he's in court and he won't answer his phone then...i dont have his # handy but his work # is his cell #...all lawyers take "pro bono" or free cases, too, if you run into trouble. Hopefully you won't. Your neighbor is an A$$hole.

I thought it was kinda funny at first glance i thought your screen name was Kingpin, in your situation I thought it was a joke because of your topic...but now i see its Kingdiamond, whatever, im smoking sativa late what can i say

'

I would NOT go to the Redford police to tell them a darn thing.

Your legal bro, don't sweat it.

It just kills me bro i have talked to this pill head one time like 5 years ago and that was only during moving a hotub over at my neighbors house i have a ton of respect for this law and theres no way id risk selling anybody anything .

if they come in your house, and if they decide to really mess up ur life, they can seize those plants (which will then die in their property room),

seize that one ounce of med you have (which they will send to the state police crime lab for testing to make sure its weed, and you'll probably never see again) and they can seize whatever smoking paraphanelia, pipes, bowls, vaporizers, or scales they find, which you will need to replace prior to ur case getting (hopefully) dismissed...that is if you have the $$ to buy more meds to smoke, because they can also seize any cash they find stashed in ur house, for their investigation (i.e."drug money").

you gotta think worse case scenario, dude. Call your lawyer, who will probably tell you hide some of ur meds and cash somewhere besides your house, and dont talk to the police

actually christina the law does protect us from arrest, search, seizure, etc...

"4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount."

"Sec. 4. (h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited."

kingdiamond, as far as your situation. i would recommend sitting. get a copy of the law printed out and hang it from a string so that anyone who comes in your front door has it right there in their face. highlight the portions protecting you from search, seizure and arrest.

Michigan Medical Marijuana Act

also get a pocket copy of the deceleration of independence and the constitution of the us. i order copies of these by the 100 from the cato institute and pass them out for free. if u meet me anywhere just ask and i'll give u a copy. i usually carry copies.

also print out a copy of the federal memo making medical marijuana "lowest priority" for federal prosecutors (kinda) heres the txt. cant find a link that has this on the federal site anymore... i printed my copies out from some pdf downloaded off a .gov site.

"October 19, 2009

MEMORANDUM FOR SELECTED UNITED STATES ATTORNEYS

SUBJECT: Investigations and Prosecutions in States Authorizing the Medical Use of Marijuana

This memorandum provides clarification and guidance to federal prosecutors in States that have enacted laws authorizing the medical use of marijuana. These laws vary in their substantive provisions and in the extent of state regulatory oversight, both among the enacting States and among local jurisdictions within those States. Rather than developing different guidelines for every possible variant of state and local law, this memorandum provides uniform guidance to focus federal investigations and prosecutions in these States on core federal enforcement priorities.

The Department of Justice is committed to the enforcement of the Controlled Substances Act in all States. Congress has determined that marijuana is a dangerous drug, and the illegal distribution and sale of marijuana is a serious crime and provides a significant source of revenue to large-scale criminal enterprises, gangs, and cartels. One timely example underscores the importance of our efforts to prosecute significant marijuana traffickers: marijuana distribution in the United States remains the single largest source of revenue for the Mexican cartels.

The Department is also committed to making efficient and rational use of its limited investigative and prosecutorial resources. In general, United States Attorneys are vested with "plenary authority with regard to federal criminal matters" within their districts. USAM 9-2.001. In exercising this authority, United States Attorneys are "invested by statute and delegation from the Attorney General with the broadest discretion in the exercise of such authority." Id. This authority should, of course, be exercised consistent with Department priorities and guidance.

The prosecution of significant traffickers of illegal drugs, including marijuana, and the disruption of illegal drug manufacturing and trafficking networks continues to be a core priority in the Department's efforts against narcotics and dangerous drugs, and the Department's investigative and prosecutorial resources should be directed towards these objectives. As a general matter, pursuit of these priorities should not focus federal resources in your States on individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana. For example, prosecution of individuals with cancer or other serious illnesses who use marijuana as part of a recommended treatment regimen consistent with applicable state law, or those caregivers in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state law who provide such individuals with marijuana, is unlikely to be an efficient use of limited federal resources. On the other hand, prosecution of commercial enterprises that unlawfully market and sell marijuana for profit continues to be an enforcement priority of the Department. To be sure, claims of compliance with state or local law may mask operations inconsistent with the terms, conditions, or purposes of those laws, and federal law enforcement should not be deterred by such assertions when otherwise pursuing the Department's core enforcement priorities.

Typically, when any of the following characteristics is present, the conduct will not be in clear and unambiguous compliance with applicable state law and may indicate illegal drug trafficking activity of potential federal interest:

* unlawful possession or unlawful use of firearms;

* violence;

* sales to minors;

* financial and marketing activities inconsistent with the terms, conditions, or purposes of state law, including evidence of money laundering activity and/or financial gains or excessive amounts of cash inconsistent with purported compliance with state or local law;

* amounts of marijuana inconsistent with purported compliance with state or local law;

* illegal possession or sale of other controlled substances; or

* ties to other criminal enterprises.

Of course, no State can authorize violations of federal law, and the list of factors above is not intended to describe exhaustively when a federal prosecution may be warranted. Accordingly, in prosecutions under the Controlled Substances Act, federal prosecutors are not expected to charge, prove, or otherwise establish any state law violations. Indeed, this memorandum does not alter in any way the Department's authority to enforce federal law, including laws prohibiting the manufacture, production, distribution, possession, or use of marijuana on federal property. This guidance regarding resource allocation does not "legalize" marijuana or provide a legal defense to a violation of federal law, nor is it intended to create any privileges, benefits, or rights, substantive or procedural, enforceable by any individual, party or witness in any administrative, civil, or criminal matter. Nor does clear and unambiguous compliance with state law or the absence of one or all of the above factors create a legal defense to a violation of the Controlled Substances Act. Rather, this memorandum is intended solely as a guide to the exercise of investigative and prosecutorial discretion.

Finally, nothing herein precludes investigation or prosecution where there is a reasonable basis to believe that compliance with state law is being invoked as a pretext for the production or distribution of marijuana for purposes not authorized by state law. Nor does this guidance preclude investigation or prosecution, even when there is clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state law, in particular circumstances where investigation or prosecution otherwise serves important federal interests.

Your offices should continue to review marijuana cases for prosecution on a case-by-case basis, consistent with the guidance on resource allocation and federal priorities set forth herein, the consideration of requests for federal assistance from state and local law enforcement authorities, and the Principles of Federal Prosecution."

Philly, I love that your such an avid and vocal expert on constitutional law. and usually i respect, dissect, and admire your posts, but...

WHAT IF you live in a city (Roseville) that is considering (or may have already passed) an ordinance saying they dont recognize the mmm act? See:
*broken link removed*

WHAT IF other cities start adopting this same policy?

WHAT IF the cops suspect some other drug activity or crime...even if there isnt any...can they seize then?

IF NO, then WHAT IF the cop is a dick, or stupid, or hasnt been properly trained on how to deal with mmj patients? Do you want to be his first test case?

Do not go to LEO. Keep your head down and do not tell anyone anything they do not need to know, to include us.

Brush up on your fourth and fifth amendment rights and, if you have not already, get a lawyer at the very first indication that the law intends to involve you.

Did I mention DO NOT GO TO LEO?

From what ive seen over the last year most arrest came when people did not have a card in hand and who knows how many clones 1 count in an unamed case where they had 240 clones !

No traffic no sales hopefully means no worries for me but i appreciate your looking out for me but i have zero money for any lawyers ive killed my credit outfitting my current legal grow room .

Do you think you'll factor in a legal fund for the future?

I'm a family based Caregiver, no money changes hands. And this scenario is exactly what's in between me being a Family Caregiver and a commercial Caregiver.

I'd love to operate my first Commercial room, but my livlihood is so much better. I just happen to love the hobby. If not for the medical issues, for me it's truly take it or leave it, but I do love to grow. It's calming.

Nice avi B)

Archived