Crimestoppers Investigating My Grow?

Why did your neighbor tell the unstable dude that you are growing?

Good question we had a heated discussion today because the only way this POS could have knew anything about me was through him though he claims he never said a word :rolleyes:

This guy never showed this type of behavior before so he probably just trusted him with something that he never should have shared with anybody i know now not to trust even your closest friends when it comes to medical marijuana .

Either way i feel much better today and just figured id run it by everyone yesterday to see what the consensus would be.

Well since i know none of this is true im just going to sit pat and wait it out hopefully since i have zero visiters and only medicate inside my home im betting they just move on to real crime but ya all want to know the bad part of this all?

Hes a cardholding patient and word is they just hit his own card holding brothers house on his tip .

You are legal rite? (not that you dont have an ad either way) I would sit and wait, id kinda watch a little also, make sure you opent the door before they do, walk out with card or paper work, dont let them in with out a search warrant.

man this sucks, just because you are legal does not mean you should do anything dif than if you were underground, accept for procurring meds from your c.g or getting meds to your patients, stay in the legal amounts. Just cover your butt, I think we will all get phaqed with some time or another, I already have, I wont grow till my remove c.g plastic gets here, I dont trust the paperwork, I have my card but it says my c.g maintains possesion of my plants, sent in form approx 40 days ago. yea im legal, lmfao

I dont mean any offense to you. just telling one person could lead to him telling one, and so on and so on, ever hear if you want something done do it yourself! and dont tell any body your personal business!

Philly, I love that your such an avid and vocal expert on constitutional law. and usually i respect, dissect, and admire your posts, but...

thank you, it takes A LOT (and i cannot emphasize that enough) of work reading, reading, reading, reading to stay up on this. its very hard for me too cause i hate sitting on computers, message boards, etc all day when theres so much community work to do here in flint. but i work hard, beat myself up, then need to rest. so since i don't have tv, it gives me something stimulating to do with my mind while my body recovers.

WHAT IF you live in a city (Roseville) that is considering (or may have already passed) an ordinance saying they dont recognize the mmm act? See:

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/topic/14308-some-communities-devise-tough-rules-as-state-law-leaves-gray-area-on-distribution/page__hl__roseville__st__20

if my memory serves me right (and i don't have the time to research this again tonight) originally roseville has passed a temporary moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries. this is simply a temporary ban on any dispensaries opening up until the city council can figure out how/if they want to allow these. i'm pretty sure i remember reading this moratorium and its wording was horrible, and in effect accidentally banned any type of caregiver activities. but its intention was dispensaries only. this caused quite a stink amongst us mm people :) and rumors started to fly that roseville was banning mm altogether.

eventually roseville city council figured out what they wanted to do and ended up amending its local law to restrict marijuana dispensaries to business districts more than 1,000 feet from any church, school or residential uses.

the word "residential" is the problem, makes people think they cant grow at home. but since this law is for DISPENSARIES its not actually a problem that should affect patients or caregivers who are growing at home, but simply prevents them from operating a home based dispensary.

here is a copy of the ordinance:

roseville dispensary ordinance

here are some important quotes from it:

"Medical Marihuana Dispensaries shall be permitted in OS B-1 B-2 B-3 I-1 and I-2

districts subject to review and approval by the Planning Commission provided that they

meet the conditions set forth in this section"

"(d) No Medical Marihuana Dispensary shall be located within 1000 feet of

any other Medical Marihuana Dispensary nor within 1000 feet of any of

the following uses

1 Any Church

2 Any School public or private having a curriculum including

kindergarten or any one or more of the grades one through

twelve

3 Any residential zoned district or any residential use"

the 1000 feet from any residential zoned district or any residential use part is the tough one. i'm not familiar with the city layout, but i know that in smaller cities it is hard to find any commercial, or industrial district that is 1000 feet from a residential district. which would make it hard to find a suitable location.

remember though, i am not a lawyer. just a kid (yes i'm a youngling) whos been studying logic structures for a very very long time. i also dabble in law (i'm trying to write my own actually, haha). so take my opinions as you will.

WHAT IF other cities start adopting this same policy?

i havent read of any actual bans on MM (i may be very wrong on this). just moratoriums that scare people. if localities do ban it, then i hope the MM people of those cities will stand up, organize, and un-ban it. although our federal government has become ineffectual on its ability to do what the people tell it (or have the people become ineffectual on telling the government what to do?), and our local governments are too often ran by idiots, it is much easier to change laws in local governments than people think. :) we have power, we have numbers, we have passion.

WHAT IF the cops suspect some other drug activity or crime...even if there isnt any...can they seize then?

the mm law protects u from seizure as long as you are not breaking the law. read it, understand it, follow it.

they could use a tactic of "we thought the suspect was illegally growing weed, we didn't know they had a card" to get a warrant and kick the door down, but once they get in there and see ur card, they cant do jack (legally). and you should be getting a nice new door from the city. (am i to hopeful here? haha)

IF NO, then WHAT IF the cop is a dick, or stupid, or hasnt been properly trained on how to deal with mmj patients? Do you want to be his first test case?

unfortunately many LEO's don't understand the law enough and are still arresting people. this will happen for a bit, but if we start suing them in civil court whenever this happens, and filing harassment charges then this will stop. we need to ban together as a community and help those who are unlawfully arrested. the State House Oversight Comittee is meeting on the 4-15-10 and will be talking with the administrators of the State Police, one issue is how they can better train their officers to prevent these unlawful arrests from happening. and i would assume to prevent civil damage cases from costing the state a lot of money.

keep a copy of the law, a copy of the Declaration of Independence, and a copy of the Constitution of the United States in your vehicle, house, grow room, and with your stash. highlight many of the good parts in section 4. this will help prevent unlawful arrest from dick cops, silly billy cops, or uneducated cops. it lets them know that you know your rights. and reminds them that they took and oath to uphold and protect these rights.

anonymously mail a copy of the law, dec of ind, and constitution to your local police station with a note that says "put this in the magazine rack in the bathroom please" trust me, they will pick it up and read it. (im gunna start a topic just for this)

i would not want to be a test case for one of these cops. but sadly i fear that the day will come when i am.

if i sound harsh, its this effing cold weather today...we need a rate/meter people can post how they are feeling...my back is killing me to sit, but there are so many good posts on here! i want to keep reading, reading, reading...

and no worries, you don't sound harsh. i've just not been online all day due to working on community garden. we need to haul 74 cubic yards of manure onto this abandon city lot to make a community veg/flower/herb garden. today it was just me and one girl doing it all.... :( my RA is killing me. i'm supposed to be resting up to help someone on here... but i'm in charge of this garden and HAVE to get the soil workable yesterday.

Make sure they have a warrant before you let them in, if they come. Keep in compliance with the law, and keep proper paperwork available. Don't open the door to talk to them. talk through a window. if they have a warrant make them kick the door down. they can say they smell pot and come in if you open a door.

If you are legal, relax and know your rights. Make sure you have a lawyer.

Give thanks.

Make sure they have a warrant before you let them in, if they come. Keep in compliance with the law, and keep proper paperwork available. Don't open the door to talk to them. talk through a window. if they have a warrant make them kick the door down. they can say they smell pot and come in if you open a door.

If you are legal, relax and know your rights. Make sure you have a lawyer.

Give thanks.

I started a topic in the old forums about LEO showing up and talking with them. Kingdiamond doesn't have anything to hide bc he is within the law, why should he have to speak through the window!? But if he opens the door at all its an automatic invite for the police to come in w/ or w/o warrant! wtf!!! My frustrations are with the law not your post, but speaking through a window demanding a warrant is adding big pieces of really dry wood to an already hot fire in my opinion. He should be able to step outside and have a conversation with LEO, if that goes south (which it prob will) then tell them to leave and come back with a warrant.

Motox I agree

but there is no way in hell im opening my door to leo, he best have a warrant, and if he dont and kicks my door in, I will fight them to the end, they will pay me to fix my own door,,smell all the mm you want you are not coming in my house w/o a warrant, I am armed and I can be dangerious, so you best know whos door you are kicking in, and im a good shot i aim for the head! so your body armour wont do you any good, I say leave me alone and go home and enjoy your family and while working your civil job look for real criminals not people trying to ease their pain legaly!

P.s I will not be using any filters as to not smell plants in budd, I want to smell them plants, and I dont care who else smells them, mind your own business, I dont beleive in getting mad I beleive in getting even!

wow that is a very touchy topic u are going on about phaquetoo if u have family members in the house i would make sure they are not there when leo comes knocking u have pretty much just said that u would shoot them i am not trying to sound rude but u really need to watch what u are saying on a public forum leo looks at these things and they may come and shoot first and ask ??? later beacuse of your statements good luck and i mean no disresptect but man watch theose comments

Remember people, the label at the top of this website, "MMMA" is the Michigan Medical Marijuana ASSOCIATION. It's just our group of representatives and community if you will.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana ACT of 2008 was the label for the initiative of getting the vote ON THE BALLOT.

It has been voted on and is now LAW, it is no longer an act.

The Michigan Medical Marihuana PROGRAM pertains to the actual law and rules that ensue set forth by the people and the MDCH.

A law is a law. All law enforcement groups (police) MUST enforce and uphold all the laws voted on and written in. This is a STATE LAW that has been written. Every single city in the whole state MUST acknowledge and uphold that law.

Sure, they can try and have ordinances and zoning laws tacked onto the LAW but the law still stands as it is written.

Written law is written law. Follow the law and it will protect you as it is written to do. Know your rights!

Police cannot say, "oh we don't like that law so we won't uphold it". Nope it doesn't work that way, sorry Mr. Babylon, uphold the law or find a new profession. Sure there have been and probably will still be some misunderstandings and false arrests made on legal patients/caregivers but as far as I'm concerned, a law is a law. It makes no difference whether you, the crackhead down the street, the die hard anti-drug local cop or myself likes it or not. It was voted on and written in as LAW, everyone must abide by it, including those badged individuals.

To the original poster -

There is nothing wrong with or illegal about your neighbor helping you construct your grow room.

The person who tipped off your grow as being illegal is a very sad troubled individual. Stay away from that person/s.

But you are fine. Don't stress it, don't go talking to cops about your medical marijuana grow, don't get anyone else involved who is not already, and definitely don't let any non-cardholders in your grow room.

An annonymous tip is not enough to give them probable cause for illegal drug activity. Therefor they cannot obtain a legal search warrant to your house. Not without proof of illegal drug activity.

They CAN however, investigate the area for illegal drug activity. Watch out for informants and make sure you are operating 100% in accordance with the law.

But since you are operating 100% legally and don't distribute your medicine to non-cardholders you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Tell that pill poppin squeeler to keep your name out of his mouth, just out of respect...

They shouldn't even be there in the first place. That's the whole point. They aren't going to come. They have no right to and I'm sure they know that at this point...

Nothing has warranted them to visit his home under the suspicion of illegal drug activity, other than an annonymous tip.

All they can do with an annonymous tip is investigate. They can drive by and look around. They can talk to neighbors about strange activity. Maybe even knock on his door and ask him questions. But they CANNOT execute a raid or a search warrant of any kind without probable cause.

If the original poster thinks they have probable cause then he/she may want to take percausions to ensure nothing happens to the animals in the event that a raid or warrant was to be executed at the house.

As long as the person knows thier rights they will be fine.

It's really not that complicated...

They shouldn't even be there in the first place. That's the whole point. They aren't going to come. They have no right to and I'm sure they know that at this point...

Nothing has warranted them to visit his home under the suspicion of illegal drug activity, other than an annonymous tip.

All they can do with an annonymous tip is investigate. They can drive by and look around. They can talk to neighbors about strange activity. Maybe even knock on his door and ask him questions. But they CANNOT execute a raid or a search warrant of any kind without probable cause.

If the original poster thinks they have probable cause then he/she may want to take percausions to ensure nothing happens to the animals in the event that a raid or warrant was to be executed at the house.

As long as the person knows thier rights they will be fine.

It's really not that complicated...

But the thing is time and time again ive seen good legal people get raided and have their lives turned upside down by overzealeous LEOs while i know ive done nothing wrong all it takes is one bad officer to ruin my life .

The last week has been hell on me but ive setlled down a lot from my orginal posting of this incident and im just hoping they know that im legal and respect my plant limits and the MM law.

Good question we had a heated discussion today because the only way this POS could have knew anything about me was through him though he claims he never said a word :rolleyes:

This guy never showed this type of behavior before so he probably just trusted him with something that he never should have shared with anybody i know now not to trust even your closest friends when it comes to medical marijuana .

Either way i feel much better today and just figured id run it by everyone yesterday to see what the consensus would be.

You are so right about not telling "ANYONE" about your card. I was at a friends house (so I thought) and I told her about my card, she in turn told her older teenage sons about it. Well living in a rural community everybody knows everybody, so where I am going with this is that her teenage sons told his buddies, and so on.... Well I got a phone call from someone at a party and they told me that some young guys were planning on coming to my house and ripping me off, luckily I had warning and was able to secure my medication and that did not happen, just wanted to say this is where it get's you telling someone about your card, even though you thought it was just your friend.

Archived