Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

The pictures are all very nice, and encouraging to those who aren't doing as well with their grows. The problem is that this guy with the lower leaf problems has really got a problem, possibly. I was totally wiped out of 2 crop yields because I messed around with different nutrients trying to find what I had too much of, or not enough of...the whole time spider mites were at their devilish worst turning all my lower fan leaves yellow, then dead! I kept working with my Ph levels, etc. until it was too late! I lost 2 crops and mayby more. Spider mites are a #1 problem, especially this time of year...don't wait for someone to suggest you might have them...once you've been overtaken by them they can be almost impossible to get rid of withouit tearing down your whole room, and starting over from scratch...after a person goes thru that, they will have their magnifier out every day, like I do now! I have used soap and water mixture ( making sure to spray undersides of leaves), neem oil, hotshot pest strips 24 hrs a day, then I used 3 different products with pyrethium in them (suppose to be one of the best...kills adult and eggs on contact, supposedly). I'm so burned out from spider mites that I'm getting ready to shut EVERYTHING down, with all the fun that goes with it! Don't mind me if it seems like I have a slightly bad attitude, but after months of battling these miserable little gentlemen's, it can almost make you want to give up...I'm still trying to hang in there, but now going completely broke, with very little return on my costs! Do yourself a favor and make sure you get out your 30X's magnifier, and look for spider mites if you haven't already done so...hope I'm wrong on what might be causing your problem, but didn't see anyone even suggest that! What's up people??? Hope it's not mites...they leave a terrible sight! Good luck...

The pictures are all very nice, and encouraging to those who aren't doing as well with their grows. The problem is that this guy with the lower leaf problems has really got a problem, possibly. I was totally wiped out of 2 crop yields because I messed around with different nutrients trying to find what I had too much of, or not enough of...the whole time spider mites were at their devilish worst turning all my lower fan leaves yellow, then dead! I kept working with my Ph levels, etc. until it was too late! I lost 2 crops and mayby more. Spider mites are a #1 problem, especially this time of year...don't wait for someone to suggest you might have them...once you've been overtaken by them they can be almost impossible to get rid of withouit tearing down your whole room, and starting over from scratch...after a person goes thru that, they will have their magnifier out every day, like I do now! I have used soap and water mixture ( making sure to spray undersides of leaves), neem oil, hotshot pest strips 24 hrs a day, then I used 3 different products with pyrethium in them (suppose to be one of the best...kills adult and eggs on contact, supposedly). I'm so burned out from spider mites that I'm getting ready to shut EVERYTHING down, with all the fun that goes with it! Don't mind me if it seems like I have a slightly bad attitude, but after months of battling these miserable little gentlemen's, it can almost make you want to give up...I'm still trying to hang in there, but now going completely broke, with very little return on my costs! Do yourself a favor and make sure you get out your 30X's magnifier, and look for spider mites if you haven't already done so...hope I'm wrong on what might be causing your problem, but didn't see anyone even suggest that! What's up people??? Hope it's not mites...they leave a terrible sight! Good luck...

great post!! thanks for the addition.

and well, honestly, the problems that i personally pointed out were the very obvious ones that needed tending to immediately. sure, i could write up a checklist of the MANY things to do and things to look for and send it to each grower individually......... but i'm only one guy (with a little help) trying to help many. not knowing each individuals level of grow knowledge can be difficult as well. i dont know these people, nor what they know :) so we start simple, and get more complex as we go.

once again...... great post. thanks for chipping in! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: +rep for the help.

I just thought about a situation that I have, and I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about this. I have my grow room in my basement and have relatively low humidity and temperature. (>45%,&>70° most of the TIME) My room however runs 78-85°. My ventilation consists of one 4" duct booster. I was planning on running a 6" fan hooked to my 6" flange on the cool Hood reflector and venting it directly outside, but common sense told me not to.

I heat with wood outdoor furnace so I'm not concerned with heat loss, but rather Co. (Carbon monoxide) my gas waterheater vent connects to my gas furnace vent and exits the roof. I am pulling air into my room 6 feet from the chimney opening and am worried about the carbon monoxide being pulled in the basement rather than going out the chimney. I am quite certain I should install a carbon filter and exhausted heat from the 600w my outside the room, but not outside the house. The small duct booster is bad enough, as far as worry about Co. I don't see any other options. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, KGB

A recent check of temps shows 75 with the light off, but it has been running 81° with them on, and 85° or so in my clone cab. Clones are struggling even with a fan blowing and misting 3x per day. Clones are only 4 days old. I need to find a temporary carregiver for the next couple of months in the Charlevoix area to help me out with meds til I harvest and cure my first grow. If anybody out there can help me hook up with somebody that is compassionate, I would certainly appreciate it more than they will ever know. I have degenerative disk disease which causes significant sleep disturbances for me and I am getting run down. HELP! THANKS to everyone that spends their time here helping people get their own Med labs growing! I personally think you guys rock and have much love for this cause.

post-10851-079711600 1277092061_thumb.jpg

post-10851-044711800 1277092095_thumb.jpg

I appreciate the other point of view. What ever the problem is I will find out and will be better because of it. You are right the pics BG posted are nice gives me somthing to work towards. I will have to get a magnifier, its on the list. Thank you.

:pic:  check out what boroboro has done!!  jeepers man.  nice work!!  :startle:

gallery_4966_86_48661.jpg

Thanks Bubblegrower, this humble little former closet grower appreciates the support.

I was in here a few weeks ago with a problem, as I remember you and Nemosity correctly pointed to a PH problem.  I bought a PH pen to replace the cheap test drops and bang!  Happy Plants!

I'll probably start a new thread with those photos in my new gallery when they get farther along, just about 10 days into flower now and S T R E T C H I N G.  I think hand-watered coco with a simple light nute regimen is a simple and very effective way to grow.  Not as fast as your BubbleMonsters, though, so I think DWC may be in my future.

Man, I hate finding males at this stage of a seed grow, though.  I have three strains here, and male counts were 3 out of 4, 3 out of 4, and 0 out of 4 for the three strains.  So I'll have only 1 White Widow and 1 Big Green at harvest, but plenty of Sour Diesel.  Guess it could be worse...

I was in here a few weeks ago with a problem, as I remember you and Nemosity correctly pointed to a PH problem. I bought a PH pen to replace the cheap test drops and bang! Happy Plants!

oh i remember :) thats why i perused your gallery to see how they were doing..... hoping to see a pic or two...... and i did :)

lookin' great!!

I just thought about a situation that I have, and I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about this. I have my grow room in my basement and have relatively low humidity and temperature. (>45%,&>70° most of the TIME) My room however runs 78-85°. My ventilation consists of one 4" duct booster. I was planning on running a 6" fan hooked to my 6" flange on the cool Hood reflector and venting it directly outside, but common sense told me not to.

I heat with wood outdoor furnace so I'm not concerned with heat loss, but rather Co. (Carbon monoxide) my gas waterheater vent connects to my gas furnace vent and exits the roof. I am pulling air into my room 6 feet from the chimney opening and am worried about the carbon monoxide being pulled in the basement rather than going out the chimney. I am quite certain I should install a carbon filter and exhausted heat from the 600w my outside the room, but not outside the house. The small duct booster is bad enough, as far as worry about Co. I don't see any other options. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, KGB

first off, i think you are ok. let me clarify though. your bad bad air vents through the roof. and your intake is also on the roof about 6 feet away??

if this is the case i think you are totally fine. no worries. although, if you cant just move your intake father away, lowe's has a digital carbon monoxide detector for like $39.99.

kind of an expensive gadget just to see if you are pulling in too much carbon monoxide......... but in the long run, you have an alarm for your home as well :) could save a life someday.

first off, i think you are ok. let me clarify though. your bad bad air vents through the roof. and your intake is also on the roof about 6 feet away??

if this is the case i think you are totally fine. no worries. although, if you cant just move your intake father away, lowe's has a digital carbon monoxide detector for like $39.99.

kind of an expensive gadget just to see if you are pulling in too much carbon monoxide......... but in the long run, you have an alarm for your home as well :) could save a life someday.

Thanks for responding to my question. My intake air for the room is 6 feet from the bottom of the chimney that is open to the ambient air of the basement. My exhaust for the room blows outside thereby creating negative pressure in the entire basement.(theoretically) The water heater and furnace chimneys, being open to the ambient air (that is under a slightly negative pressure ), could be downdrafting due to the exh. fan blowing outside. I think a carbon filter and larger fan are in order to be able to put my worries to rest and create a more healthy environment for me and my girls, oh and the wife n kids! (kidding) Two weeks difference in these two pics!post-10851-089769100 1277093047_thumb.jpgpost-10851-074563600 1277093100_thumb.jpg

Question on how soon to change nutes.

A 20 gallon res used 1 liter for nutes for about 2 to 3 weeks @ 2000ppm

So if the res is now 100 gallons using 5 liters @ 2000ppm how long till it needs changed?

Same number of plants as smaller res ,but plants are 10x the size they were.

I can use the tester but I like to change out before they start to drop.

And yes I know 2k ppm is a lot (i was told to go 16 to 18k ppm), but these things love right up to 24kppm. :thumbsu:

At 26k nute lock :angry:

WOW!! that had to have taken a TON of work :) hahaha.... nice!!

sorry ya can't go bro........ here......... have this:

how many years were those made??? 4? 5?

91-96 for the Dodge Stealth

91-99 for the 3000gt

Its a shame they bailed on the platform, the few issues the cars had were solved in 99 and with a few minor mods they tend to be issue free. I've cleared well over 400hp with just bolt ons and electronics, never had an issue except tires (awd 400hp tends to do that). Heres my baby

stealth.jpg

WOOOOOHOOOOOO GO BUD GO!!!!

push 'em :) i like it!! i think i already have some advice ready for you, but just to be sure, what nutes are you running? and how much/if any ph down are you/have you /will you have to add???

Bontanicare 100% organic

Karma, Cal Mag, Pro Bloom, Sweet

Also 1 drop of Superthrive per gallon.

PH is 6.8 before nutes...add nutes then adjust to 5.8 :D