Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

i just have a $15 120gph water pump in that "control bucket" that pumps constantly back into the rez.

med_gallery_13801_60_23594.jpg

and then for air, i use one of these for every six 10 gallon totes. the plan shows two of these pumps

med_gallery_13801_60_158783.jpg

generic link to commercial air pump purchase

you would be surprised at what it can do seriously. i prefer trees. always have. keep it clean on bottom.

both of these were in 10 gallon totes:

med_gallery_13801_60_147606.jpg

this one was actually out of my breeding room in cali, and i could have cared less what the scrub underneath turned out like......... but you have size reference..... and it was grown using that air pump in a 6-tote set.

med_gallery_13801_60_101089.jpg

and here's a decent shot of some water movement

med_gallery_13801_60_1520335.jpg

and tank temps are simple. i put a chiller on the rez, get that cooled down, and let gravity do the rest...... and then that small water pump at the end of the line to pump back into the rez. it really does make it too simple.

may help............ may not..............

there are links in the parts list.

12 SITE BUBBLEBUCKET HYDRO SYSTEM

i have had a couple questions about linking a bunch of bubblebuckets together and then to a central reservoir. this makes your grow as easy as can be as all of your checking/filling is done through the rez instead of each bucket individually. also, when operating like this, the initial build is much less complicated than building a single bucket. i am a little short on pics at the moment, but i will add more as i build my new system soon.

PARTS LIST:

reservoir...... anything from a 10 gallon storage tote to a 55 gallon drum is fine, it just needs to be taller than a 5 gallon bucket.

13 five gallon buckets

160gph water pump

100' black vinyl tubing

14 air stones. i like the 6" dark blue kind.

100' aquarium air line

20-60 gallon aquarium air pump. dual outlet.

26 barbed coupler/connectors

26 rubber grommets

enough hydroton clay pebbles to fill (12) 5" net pots.

12 net pots. 5" is fine.

2 commercial 6 outlet air pumps. this is overkill on the air/bubbles, but i like bubbles :P you could just get the larger model pump and an extra splitter and feed all 12 buckets. i like having 2 separate air pumps because it makes moving things around much easier.

here is your basic design:

med_gallery_13801_60_23594.jpg

ok, looks complicated but don't freak out. it's really not.

lets start with the 12 buckets you will be growing in. (green circles above). each bucket will have 4 holes in it total. 2 in the lid, and 2 on the sides. for the lid, one hole should be centered and be 4 3/4" in diameter. this is for your net pot to sit in. the other hole in the lid is just a little 1/8" hole and i try to keep it close to the edge of the lid. a hole just big enough to pull the air line through. the 2 holes on the sides of the buckets should be 13/16". i put those 2 holes on opposite sides of the bucket and about an inch from the bottom. this is where your rubber grommets/couplers will be pushed through each bucket, and then we will be linking them all together using the 1/2" black vinyl tubing. (black lines above).

then we will drill that same 13/16" hole an inch from the bottom of the reservoir and connect them all together. the dual outlet (cheapie) air pump is for the reservoir. hook up 2 lines to the pump, with 2 air stones on the other end, and drop them in the rez. keeping the rez bubbling is a good thing. :) the "rez" in this application really isn't "reserving" anything, i am simply calling it a rez, and it is just really a bucket with no plants/roots and you can access the water easily to check levels/add nutes. you could also just use another 5 gallon bucket for the rez.

the grommets are pretty cool, just drill your hole, and push it through, you will know when it is seated properly. then take one of the 1/2" connectors and shove that through the grommet. as i said, i am a little short on pics right now, so lets just pretend this red coffee container is a 5 gallon bucket:

this is how you make the "entry set-up". here we have our 5 gallon bucket, rubber grommet, and barbed coupler.

med_gallery_13801_60_345557.jpg

after you have your 13/16" hole as seen above, push your rubber grommet through. you will know when it is seated properly.

med_gallery_13801_60_222604.jpg

then push the barbed connector through as well.

med_gallery_13801_60_162293.jpg

and finally, attach your black vinyl tubing. i usually use a zip-tie here also, just for safety.

med_gallery_13801_60_38451.jpg

ok, get all 12 buckets built, get the first bucket in the chain connected to the rez, and the last bucket in the daisy chain to your 13th bucket.... the "control bucket" (smaller blue circle above). really this bucket isn't controlling a dang thing, we will just call it that. this bucket does absolutely nothing but hold a pump to pump water into the top of the rez. this keeps a constant flow of water, and kills 2 birds with one stone. moving water = more oxygen, and this also keeps everything stirred up constantly.

get your 2 commercial air pumps set up and run a 1/8" aquarium air line from the air pump through the lid of each grow bucket, all the way to the bottom, and attach a 6" air stone.

med_gallery_13801_60_158783.jpg

ok......... looks like we have everything set up. lmao... yeah right. anyways, this system is gravity fed. once everything is connected and tightened up, its time to fill the system. as you can see, filling the rez will allow water to flow through all 12 grow buckets and then into the control bucket. from the control bucket, it gets pumped into the rez and the cycle continues. so anyways, keep filling with water until you reach a level about 1/4 inch below the net pots. then make a mark inside your rez. this is your optimal water level and should be maintained daily. so everyday it is as simple as opening the rez, checking your ph/ec/ppm.... whatever you check, and then backfilling with water/nutes anything that evaporated or the plants drank. this is SO MUCH EASIER than checking all 12 grow buckets individually. and much easier to maintain proper ph/nute levels in one central rez as opposed to each bucket individually.

i am sure there will be hundreds of questions and i am sorry. i dont have my system set up so i cant take pics for a real step-by-step DIY tutorial, but the basics are here for now, i will be updating this in a couple weeks when i build my system so check back then. until then......... ask away and i will do my best to explain the cloudy points of it.

Ahhhh the chiller or as I like to call em $

Well I am out for the night nice talking to ya see ya soon

GLCCMF wehoooooo

true........... $......... but add the money you save in nutes through just one cycle, to about .0005% of replacing that compressor, and you just bought yourself a chiller :)

in many applications, i have been able to get away with just putting in frozen tupperware containers of water, and then swithcing them out every 3-4 hours or so...... PITA... but it can be done without a chiller. obvioulsy leaving the lid off your "rez" is not ideal, but a fan blowing over the top of the rez can reduce temps by a few degrees as well.

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to comment that my PH change is ALREADY showing me improvement...

Now if i could get this assinine feeling to go away... I can't believe, in all of my time doing this, I HAVN'T SEEN THE WATER CULTURE PH GRAPH...

I want to dunk my head in a rez and not pull it out...lol

nope, pi, i think we confused c2 :)

nahh... kidding.

actually, i think you missed pi-eyed's post at the top of this page c2.

(1st of 2 posts) from Pi-eyed:

"I was the guy and I did get the 30x loupe, it turns out that I dont have mites but did have a bug problem it was earwigs you dont need the loupe to see them I guess they eat mites but also eat plant I sealed the room air tight problem solved. The drying leaves appeared to be a ph problem I was setting at about 6.5 now I'm at 5.6 and the girls love me.

thanks for all the help"

(2nd of 2 posts) from pi-eyed:

"Im confused now.

I just reposted to thank everyone and all the advice that came when i ask for hel"p.

From Bubblegrower to pi-eyed:

nope, pi, i think we confused c2 :)

nahh... kidding.

actually, i think you missed pi-eyed's post at the top of this page c2.

From C2thewater: This post was dated yesterday, and submitted by "Sublime Wind", in response to C2's questioning him, as to whether he looked for spidermites with a loop magnifier (after not seeing any with his naked eye), and hoping he was not just looking for nute problems, etc, as suggested by others...it was never "pi-eyed" who I was talking about!!! It was "sublime wind"!

To C2, from Sublime Wind:

I did find more of a mite issue than i thought i had... not terrible, but worse than i had thought...

The Artist, must educate the Critic..

AND FINALLY...

To Bubblegrower, from C2: I guess you didn't look back far enough in this thread yesterday when you were trying to say how good you were at troubleshooting, and how inexperienced I was...please refrain from comments like that until you have substantial proof, that holds water...in this case you made reference to the wrong man as having the problem with the spidermites, while trying to say I must of missed his post...ONCE AGAIN, it was not "pi-eyed" who found the mite problem after thinking and saying he didn't have them...it was "Sublime Wind"! Sorry Sublime Wind, but priciples and truths are at stake here...

My apologies to everyone who feels that they shouldn't have been exposed to all this bickering back and forth...you're right! ...but isn't the truth, or the correct info being passed along in here, the most important issue? I always try to ask myself if I would rather be right, or happy! This time I'm not only RIGHT, but I'm HAPPY too, because the true facts about the gentleman ("Sublime Wind") and his spidermites problem have been exposed for everyone to learn from.......when the student is ready, the teacher will appear...next time someone suggests spidermites as your problem, at least be wise enough to listen, and check a second time, like "Sublime Wind" did...you might just prevent your whole crop from being wiped out (while you're searching for what nutes you might be low on, or locked out from)...they say a smart man learns by his mistakes, yet, "a wise man learns from the mistakes of others!".

I still think that BUBBLEGROWER is a definate asset to this website, and would like to bury the hatchet...no Bubblegrower, I don't mean in the back of your head!...(wink!)...

...like you said to me before, Bubblegrower..."just kidding"!

Also from Bubblegrower to C2

"C'mon Buddy, get oughtta that corner...and come over here and give me a big hug!" ...no spidermites allowed! Deal?

Can anyone spell "humble pie, boys and girls!

This is not a place for egos and personalities...this is a home for learning and growing (and I don't just mean the herb!)...C2

A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste...so is common sense!

...problem with common sense is, "it ain't too common!" (Mark Twain)...C2, over and out!

post-1739-073298100 1277752610_thumb.gif

Large Pond (up to 3 acres) Aeration System - $2150

Includes shipping within continental USA.

Aerates ponds 1/4 acre with a 3-5 foot depth (225,000 gallons)

Aerates ponds up to 1 acre at 9-12 foot deep (2.5 million gallons)

Aerates ponds up to 3 acres with a 15-20 foot depth (10 million gallons)

Full system includes: 1/3 HP double dual piston compressor, ventilated lockable steel cabinet suitable for post mount, two micro bubble diffuser assemblies with 4 airstones on each each, all clamps and connectors, 200' weighted tubing, instruction booklet.

Item # PR-DA2AW

i'll take 2 please :)

how much do i save if i pick them up instead of paying for shipping??

good lord man......... oh the bubbles.

med_gallery_13801_60_14860.jpg

ok I am still alittle confused

i am on week 6 with my first plant.. i do not have the fancy meters as per your advice- do i add the nuts for week 6 to my bubble bucket with the exsisting water and old nuts from previous week then next week totally replace water and ad fresh nuts?

or do i only put the nuts in on the the weeks it sez to replace resivoir?

I am also on week 4 with a couple.. do i add the nuts?

so far i have only added the nuts on the weeks where i have done a resivoiur change and not added nuts the week i do not.. but i think i am depriveing my plants

if i have ever given someone bad advice, it was obviously not on purpose. if i have ever misdiagnosed a problem then maybe you should fire me and hire another volunteer???? its up to you guys. i could care less who does/doesnt listen to me.

and, if im wrong, ill say im wrong, but i dont care, and i will do what it takes to make it right. im not 6 years old, and to be honest, im proud of this thread, but i dont give a rats azz about it. i have things that i could be doing with my time to better life for myself and my family. or i could volunteer some of that time...........

c2thewater i could care less who helps people, as long as they get help. i dont care who is right, who is wrong, nor who was right first. get over it and please begin to understand that i do not care.......... serioulsy.... I DO NOT CARE.

a p.m. response to c2thewater. just so everyone sees.

Bubblegrower...

I was really hoping you'd give me a response to my 2 last posts (pg. 38 of thread). Do you finally concede that spidermites were the problem, and that "Sublime Wind" was one of the 2 last guys complaining about yellow leaves, and said they couldn't see spider mites?...he later admitted that he did find spidermites after looking more thoroghly. ..you forgot to mention that to everyone following that thread...how does that work?...(smiling)...

I don't even care if you admit it online, but to just ignore my posts was kinda inappropriate, and dodging your moment of truth and integrity!

Can I just flat out ask you if you are Doug (DMoose), my former mentor?...(C2thewater)...Ps. My slightly negative attitude is somewhat revoling around this issue...you see, i was left with a grow room full of spidermites, and a good luck to you, after many hard months of labor and expense that I have not yet been able to regroup from...I'd apprciate an honest response as to whether or not you are DMoose (Doug M.)...thanks for showing me hope that you do have integrity, and not just kidding people with an ego as big as all outdoors!

Still Your Friend,

dude, i have no clue who the hell doug whatever is, i dont know you, nor anybody else on this site. i have been in Michigan for a total of about 50 days of my life.

look back through the pages because i dont have time........ somewhere in there, in someones problem, i gave you kudos and said we were both right.... there was a nute problem and also the grower later found mites, came back, posted it, and i responded. didnt have to..... but i did.

if you think i care what the community thinks about me you are totally nuts. i dont get paid for the help thread. i dont get paid for being a mod.... i have received zero compensation for my hours on this site...... and i dont care. people ask for help, if i can give it i do........ if i cant i try to find it...

my number one concern is my family and my grow room. since im new to the state and have to wait on the government to get me michigan cards i have some extra time before i have a full room. at that time i wont be helping people nearly as much. for now i can.... so i do. until i have to stop and deal with dumb azz sh*t like this.

nobody cares if im right the first time or not.......... except for you. really.... this has nothing to do with "status" in my eyes........ but it does yours.

if it makes you feel better, i will close my help thread and you can open your own??

would that do it??

or would you rather just start one of your own and we can have a competition on diagnostic abilities??

or would you like to just shut the hell up and let me finish spending another afternoon of my time volunteering my knowledge, time, and camera to put together a DIY tutorial on cloning for those who aren't exactly sure what they are doing????

seriously man......... i dont care. nobody cares as you can see....... dont you have something productive to do?? because i do. keep your eyes open... im making the cloning tutorial as we speak.

will someone give c2thewater a little recognition to make him feel better please?? obviously i havent done enough :( and i dont have time to give every needy person a pat on the back.

page 37 at the very bottom:

well there ya go c2!! :thumbsu: it was a nice combo of probs :)

i got your "moment of truth and integrity" in my boxer shorts man............... get a life.

or get out of mine............. one or the other.

for my next diagnosis i will proclaim that you have mistaken cannabis for crack and are smoking the latter on accident.

this is why you missed the part where i acknowledged your call on the spidermites after the grower came back said that he had fixed the ph problem and while doing so he noticed a couple bugs as well.

i also contribute this medicine mix-up to the reason that you didnt notice your own mite problem until it was so bad they were carrying one of your plants down the driveway.

i started this thread. if i ignore something its because i want to, and because i can. or maybe i hoped to save myself the time in all this typing and that you would just re-read everything and see that i DID acknowledge that you were right. we both were. SO WHAT DUDE?!?!?!

is this seriously that hard for you to figure out??

a waste of 15 minutes that could have been used to help someone is what you have been to me. thats all.

the guy had a problem. i said ph. you said mites. there was a ph prob and while fixing it he found mites.

p.s. this isnt your personal chat room........ that button is located in the top/center of your screen right now. scroll straight up and you will see it.

this is the help thread.

give help, get help, or go home.

...got a bit carried away for someone who cares so little (like you say), didn't you?...I'm sorry you found it necessary to answer with such a negative attitude. You sure sound different in a private message, than you do on the threads. It sounds like the person you care least about is yourself...

If I were the azzhole you say I am, I'd post this private email for all to see...your following would drop off (along with peoples attitude towards you), and give you no ego hobby to play with. As is, I have no desire to make you look bad...you did that yourself in this email, with your "I don't care" attitude.

What started this discourse in the first place was your inability to admit you were wrong about an issue that was of little importance, except that it showed me who you really were...all the kind and humble b.s. you spew on the threads is just that!

You do help people and spend alot of time on this site...it was sad for me to hear that your heart is not really into helping people as much as it is helping yourself to not be bored with life...whatever your reasons, whether admirable or not, you are helping folks (but only when you're honest), and let people know a certain symptom caused a certain problem, and not avoiding people because it makes you lose face...for someone who doesn't care, your email sure was filled with alot of hostility....

I'd venture a guess that there was more to your anger than just my email to you....I'd say that under the circumstances you desribed to me, that the rest of your life holds much aggravation for you, as well...

I really wish you the best of luck, once you get settled here in Mich....I have no ill feelings towards you...I just don't like your poor attitude...I knew something was bothering me about you (not a big deal, though!)...I now know what it was! Sorry that you responded to me in such a poor way! You do help alot of people...I hope you keep going with that, even after you get your card!

hahahaha....... i posted it in the thread 2 hours before you sent me this.

as i said dude....... i have nothing to hide. i dont care. i help when i can.

if i "lose following" i dont care............ cant you understand this??

moving on yet? thanks.

i have.

it annoys me when i feel forced into these ridiculous drama queen episodes, but ignoring you didnt seem to work.

thanks for "keeping me in check"?? and for the 2nd time..... nice call on the spidermites.

back to the help thread...................................................

Wow...for somebody who "just doesn't care", like you said, you sure filled up an entire page with private messages between you and I...if ya don't care so much, then why take so much time to explain yourself...I don't think you are as secure with yourself as you try to appear to others, but the fact does remain that you do try to help people with grow problems...if you learn to behave yourself and improve your attitude, you still might have a chance at becoming my friend, but truely, don't hold your breath!

I guess us trying to be friends at this point is a mute subject, huh?...hahaha right back atcha!

Relax dude...you'll live longer!

it annoys me when i feel forced into these ridiculous drama queen episodes, but ignoring you didnt seem to work.

.if ya don't care so much, then why take so much time to explain yourself...

dang im so good i answer questions before they are asked.............. maybe i'm better than i give myself credit for??

I guess us trying to be friends at this point is a mute subject, huh?

no dude. it isnt.

i have no problems with you as long as you understand that i do not care about recognition as you think i do. this seems to be a driving factor in you and its not a quality i desire in a friend.

i pray that i have educated you enough today that you now know i truly do not care. and i dont care that i dont care either.

my family and plants come first. this help thread is something i choose to do in my spare time. some people knit or do crossword puzzles. i run a help thread. it really truly is that simple and you need to quit making it more.

Guest Mr_smith

Well.. I guess the lesson learned here is that some people like to help other people regaurdless of personal gain, and some people are just annoying and clutter up a help thread with annoying little whiny girl sh*t.

Anyways, back to the reason we are actually here today (that whole medical marijuana thing..)

BG, would it be smarter to do individual buckets as opposed to multiple buckets with a rez just due to the fact that everything will be the same as far as nute levels (strong feeders vs weak feeders) also in case something goes wrong (whole system being affected)

Well.. I guess the lesson learned here is that some people like to help other people regaurdless of personal gain, and some people are just annoying and clutter up a help thread with annoying little whiny girl sh*t.

Anyways, back to the reason we are actually here today (that whole medical marijuana thing..)

BG, would it be smarter to do individual buckets as opposed to multiple buckets with a rez just due to the fact that everything will be the same as far as nute levels (strong feeders vs weak feeders) also in case something goes wrong (whole system being affected)

hey bud!!

definitely pros and cons to both. single bucket systems are more work. checking/filling/flushing each one individually as opposed to a central "rez" is like a million times more work.

on the other hand, if you have them all linked together they are all getting the same nutes at the same time. there is no switching nutes on a per plant basis.

so it really depends on you, what strains you grow, what they like, and if its the same as what other strains in the same line likes??

now if i have a bunch of plants that are same age same strain?..... no doubt i'm linking them together with a quickness.

Guest Mr_smith

Right off the bat im going to start 12. All the same strain (white russian)

I have 2 patients lined up and waiting for approvals. They are family so they dont mind waiting.

Also I work 7 days a week all day..

oh yeah, i'd be linking them for sure...... you wont regret it.

have you seen the little "mini-DIY" i did on linking them?

edit:

middle of the page if you havent seen it

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18150-need-your-grow-questions-answered-come-on-in/page__st__240

one of these days i will find some time to go back and add better pics :)

i typed this up for the grow journal, but i figure i might as well post it here and link to it in the table of contents so i can find it in the future :)

ROCKWOOL CLONING

well, since we have the whole budget theme going already, let's take some clones without the use of a fancy machine.

i use rockwool cubes. the last time i went to the hydro store to buy some they were out of stock so i purchased one of the big 6" x 6" x 6" cubes and cut it up myself. i think i ended up getting 48 cubes out of that $4 block so thats like 8 cents a clone or something. thats budget. i am using r.o. water just because i have it, but tapwater would work just fine here as long as you set it set out overnight in an open container to let chlorine evaporate.

some cubes:

med_gallery_13801_60_628393.jpg

many people say to soak them for 24 hours or whatever, but this isnt necessary IMO. i do soak them for about an hour though. no need to do anything crazy with the ph. 7.0 is fine. if using tapwater, assuming its not nuclear waste, your ph will probably be in the mid 7's. this will work as well. remember, this is budget cloning and will take an extra couple days compared to an expensive aerocloner. we are cutting corners, and saving tons of money, but at the expensive of a little time. this strain will show roots in 9-11 days using this method.

1/2 hour soak:

med_gallery_13801_60_1500093.jpg

obviously, the bowl has been cleaned and so have your scissors right?

ok, our journal plant. im taking the bottom set of branches off again:

med_gallery_13801_60_1495383.jpg

i make the cut with scissors right at the main stem and put the cutting into a cup of water (r.o., or day-old tapwater again).

once we have both the bottom branches we are ready to get to work:

med_gallery_13801_60_1347483.jpg

both of these branches are pretty good sized with thick strong stems so i am going to take 2 clones off of each one. i could take more probably, but they would have thin stems and would take longer to catch up to the others in growth. as far as prepping the rockwool, just take it out of the bowl and let it drip/drain. if you have pre-packaged cubes they will have a hole already in them. i find this hole is usually too small so i widen it a little. since i cut my own cubes off of one huge one, i dont have any holes. this isnt rocket science. i just take the scissors and stab them about 3/4 of the way through the cube. a hole that is a little too big is better than too small. ok, lets cut up the branch.

you can see where i cut this one:

med_gallery_13801_60_740613.jpg

cut off/strip any fan leaves or extra branches that are not needed. then we are ready to take the actual clone. make those cuts (above) at a 45 degree angle with the sharpest, cleanest scissors or razor knife you can find. after making the cut, i take the edge of the scissors and scrape at the flesh over the entire bottom 1/2 inch or so of the stem. this can be a little scary, but once again, it isnt rocket science, and less is better. i just scrape the very top layer of flesh off. scraping too much will do too much damage and cause the stem to become limp and unusable.

very difficult to get a picture but just a light scraping is all you need:

med_gallery_13801_60_266582.jpg

ok, we are just about there now. insert into the rockwool cube.

med_gallery_13801_60_1311100.jpg

repeat, and with less than a dollar you have a little family of clones ready to root.

med_gallery_13801_60_564466.jpg

i have an empty corner in my veg room where this little tray will go. no need for special lighting. they will grow roots under the same light that mom(journal plant) is growing under....... just way further away.

watering............... here is where an expensive aerocloner is nice. plug it in and check back later.

not in our case. for our 8 cent clones we must be very avid about keeping an eye on them until they root. letting the rockwool dry out completely will kill the cuttings very quickly. keeping it sopping wet will not allow the necessary air in for forming roots. moist is what you are looking for. there is no "rule of thumb" as to when to water because every room runs at a different temp/humidity and therefore mine may dry out twice as fast as yours. just make sure they stay moist :)

in my room, i usually need to water them once a day. same type of water we have been using all along. r.o. or day old tapwater at 7.0 or whatever is fine.

in 9-11 days we will see roots coming out the sides of the rockwool. at this time they are ready for planting. if you are planting into bubblebuckets you will need to start them off on half strength nutes right away for a couple days. if you grow in soil, your dirt should have enough nutrients in it already to sustain them for a period of time. once they are planted, you can then move them closer to the light and once they grow the first set of new leaves the veg period is on!!

your success rate is going to depend on your ability to keep the rockwool moist and clean. in an open bowl like this, the cubes are prone to "catching" things out of the air that can be harmful. with a little practice you will be cloning on the cheap without any problem. if you are afraid you will forget to water them, you may want to try this:

CLONING WITH THE BUBBLEBUCKET/TOTE

a bubblebucket is a cloner as well. it's that simple. it is an all-in-one machine ;)

here is a very crude and undesirable sketch of our bubblebucket. we see the plant, rooted in a yellow rockwool cube, surrounded by hydroton clay pebbles. the cube and hydroton are sitting in the net pot, and you can see the air stone/bubbles (in red) and the proper level at which to keep your nutrient/water solution.

med_gallery_13801_60_19441.jpg

ok, stop laughing. :D

so we have our cutting planted in the rockwool cube. drop it in the netpot and cover with clay pebbles and get the whole setup into your bubblebucket. at this point the bucket should have clean water only in it.

if you keep the water level about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch below the bottom of the net pot, you have reached the sweet spot. the air stone in the bottom of the bubblebucket will shoot air bubbles upwards through the water. when these bubbles reach the surface they pop. the goal is to find the perfect level to where the net pot is not sitting in the water, but actually the bubbles are popping on the surface and just getting the bottom of the net pot wet. once the bottom of the net pot gets wet, it will transfer that moisture to the bottom layer of hydroton pebbles. the pebbles then transfer the perfect amount of water/air between themselves and eventually to the rockwool cube. the cube will stay damp, but not "soaked". depending on strain, humidity, and temp, the roots will begin to form in 4 days to 2 weeks.

once the roots form and grow through the rockwool cube, they will continue growing through the clay pebbles, and then through the sides of the net pot, and ultimately down to thrive in the nute/air filled goodness of the solution. once they get through the sides of the net pot and become visible for the first time, i change from clean water to veg nutes at 1/2 strength for a couple days, and then bump to regular strength.

med_gallery_13801_60_1918846.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_2118125.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_33605.jpg

hope this helps a little. just trying to show that there is no need for a cloning machine or anything else to take up space or money. if you use the bubblebucket, it is the only thing you need from the day you cut the clone to the day you cut the whole thing down.

AEROCLONERS AND WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR CLONES

ok, i have been hit with this misconception more than twice over the last week, so im gonna correct it right now :)

when cloning with an aerocloner, you DO NOT go into rockwool after they are rooted.

ok, here's a daisy cloner (aerocloner):

med_gallery_13801_60_160895.jpg

after 4-15 days depending on strain and what stage of life the "mother" was in, you will see roots like these:

med_gallery_13801_60_9746.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1603442.jpg

once they have a good root showing its time to do something about it. normally, if i am going straight into a 5" net pot and into a bubbletote i will let the clone go another day or 2 past the pics above.............. but to conserve space, i have a "junior high school" for them to visit first sometimes. if they are going to junior high, this is the time to do it.

in junior high i line a 3" net pot with a single layer of pebbles, and then put the clone in gently. stand her straight up and fill the pebbles in around the edges. here is the junior high tote with 1/2 strength nutes in it for our lil' babies:

med_gallery_13801_60_2569504.jpg?t=39224948

after a few days in junior high, our plants begin to grow some roots. notice i use the net pots and not the mesh pots for this stage. if you use the net pots, the holes in the sides are much larger, and you will have the ability to retrieve your plant much easier. if you use a mesh pot, or if you get to your net pot too late and the roots have already secured themselves to the pot, i just plant the whole 3" pot inside the 5" pot and fill around the edges with hydroton.

but if you do it right, you will catch your junior high plant at just about this stage:

med_gallery_13801_60_1124937.jpg

from here you can dump out the pebbles, retrieve your clone, and transplant into a 5" mesh pot in a regular bubblebucket or bubbletote:

med_gallery_13801_60_172321.jpg

and with the right strain, nutes, and attention, after another 16 days you will have this:

med_gallery_13801_60_637796.jpg

Wow You my man are a mind reader. BG please carry on and ignore Mr I gotta be right.

ok dude........ gonna ask you publicly because im done with p.m. and you.

please, will you find someone else to bother??

Bubble,

You and Mr Smith are funny guys...thanks you both for your input, though! You guys related, or just friends? Either way, now I don't give a rats azz, just like you...

...this crap is getting really old...I do agree with you on that! I'd also like to move on from this arguing garbage!...let's just get back to medical mmj...does that work for ya?...does anyone feel they need to waste more thread space?...not me brutha!...I'm done! C2

seriously, i am beginning to question your sanity............ and i am not kidding either.

the guy has 10 posts on this site........ he's been a member for 6 days....... and in your deranged mind you have concocted the idea that i recruited him to this thread to make a post supporting me?

i feel sorry for you man. i do.

Guest Wayne

8X9 room with possible 8x12 attached greenhouse. Patient growing 12 plants. Looking for the minimal diameter/size container for my needs to conserve space. Gotta imagine a 20 gallon container has a significant diameter, how wide were the ones used?