Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Hey Bubblegrower! I need some advice brother!

Ok, so the guy that hooked me up with my lights, for free mind you, is back in town and would like them back. I have do make the switch by the end of this July as that is when he wants them back. Soooo, to make a long story short. I need to get some lights. I am thinking of going to some four foot fluorescent for veggin, and maybe a 600 watt HPS, or maybe two 400's one being HPS and the other MH for flowering.

I need some input from the gals and guys that have more knowledge than me. I want something that will run on minimal electricity, yet produce good quality meds, and it must be somewhat affordable. Thanks in advance.

Ok, so the guy that hooked me up with my lights, for free mind you, is back in town and would like them back. I have do make the switch by the end of this July as that is when he wants them back. Soooo, to make a long story short. I need to get some lights. I am thinking of going to some four foot fluorescent for veggin, and maybe a 600 watt HPS, or maybe two 400's one being HPS and the other MH for flowering.

I need some input from the gals and guys that have more knowledge than me. I want something that will run on minimal electricity, yet produce good quality meds, and it must be somewhat affordable. Thanks in advance.

well, at least you have a little time to get your affairs in order. keep your eyes open on here. i have probably seen 5 light kits in the last week for sale/trade on this site.

im trying to remember your set-up..... you have a separate room for veg right?

give me the low-down on your space again :) sorry. i deal with so many grows it gets tough sometimes :)

I'd stray away from 2 400w lamps right off the bat. 1 600w lamps output = 2 400w lamps output. I'm assuming you have seperate veg and flower wanting the flouro setup. A nice 4x4' T5 lamp is almost as much as a 400w MH lamp, but if wattage is an issue I believe the 4 lamp T5 fixtures run off ~200w with significant output. I would def get the 600w for flower, its the most efficient of the HID lighting. A 400w lamp puts out ~50,000 lumens, so 2 of them = 100,000 lumens @ 800w. A 600w lamp puts out 100,000 lumens @ 600w.

In need of diagnosis and/or advice. The lower fan leaves are drying out and losing color. Got them in bubbles, general hydroponics nutrients, 600 watt light and are about 3 weeks old. They were on full dose of veg nutrients 3-2-1 but I cut that in half 3 days ago and it didn't seem to help. Any input would be appreciated. Two different strands are doing this, all on the lower fan leaves. Four of the six plants have this problem. Also it has about 6.5 ph level. Everything looks good until you get to the lower leaves.

Thank you

post-13840-065658400 1276904408_thumb.jpgpost-13840-071405500 1276904396_thumb.jpg