Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Hey Bubblegrower...what's them thar tiny little black spots on dat purty green leaf ...they almost look like bugs! Even spidermites, mayby! Nah, couldn't be them thar mite thingies 'cause I don't see them white spots (not the eggs)that so many folks think have to be there for dem to be mites...hah!...wait a minute...do I see one of those black/brown spots (top left) a just hangin' in air...wonder, could that be a web? I'm thinkin' mayby...whaddaya think bublegrower?...bet you weren't even sure those little spots were the dag-gone little villians...did you just want my expert spidermite opinion again? Nonetheless, thank you for sharing that photo for those of us not knowing what they are, or what they look like...ya can never have enough knowledge, huh guy??? They say we have a new strain of them now, called Super Spidermites...they call them "Super" (I believe) because they are becoming resistant to almost everything out there to fight them...might sound like I have nothing but mites on the brain recently, but the more I research them the more I'm finding they are becoming immuned to such old favorite remedies, as pyrethium, neem oil, even soapy water! Just food for thought...next subject!

And no, bubblegrower...I have no more to say on that topic, even though you now know how valuable my opinion really is...can anyone say, "Legend In His Own Mind!"...(smiling)...C2

ok, where it says "reservoir change" you are doing just that. dumping out the old, and putting in new fresh water/nutes.

when it says "nutrient flush" you should be running clean ph 5.7 or so water for 24 hours. some people add "cleaners" at this time as well, but i prefer just clean r.o. water. this removes any salt/calcium whatever else deposits that have built up inside pumps/tubes/buckets ect. these deposits can promote ph freak-out and also nute lockout, as well as equipment malfunction....blah blah..

some people backfill (replace whatever the plant drinks/what evaporates) with just straight water, and some backfill with regular nute/water. in your case, since you are flushing every week and do not have the expensive meters yet, i would just backfill one gallon just water and the next full nutes. this may not be ideal, but its safe, and it should work just perfect for you until you can get what you "need".

once they begin to bud, and grow bud leaves, keep an eye on those. if they stay green and healthy looking you are doing well,,,, if they start to turn strange colors right away, i would to a reservoir change every week.

haha.... well, it made sense as i typed it, but if its confusing let me know :)

Hey Bubblegrower...what's them thar tiny little black spots on dat purty green leaf ...they almost look like bugs! Even spidermites, mayby! Nah, couldn't be them thar mite thingies 'cause I don't see them white spots (not the eggs)that so many folks think have to be there for dem to be mites...hah!...wait a minute...do I see one of those black/brown spots (top left) a just hangin' in air...wonder, could that be a web? I'm thinkin' mayby...whaddaya think bublegrower?...bet you weren't even sure those little spots were the dag-gone little villians...did you just want my expert spidermite opinion again? Nonetheless, thank you for sharing that photo for those of us not knowing what they are, or what they look like...ya can never have enough knowledge, huh guy??? They say we have a new strain of them now, called Super Spidermites...they call them "Super" (I believe) because they are becoming resistant to almost everything out there to fight them...might sound like I have nothing but mites on the brain recently, but the more I research them the more I'm finding they are becoming immuned to such old favorite remedies, as pyrethium, neem oil, even soapy water! Just food for thought...next subject!

And no, bubblegrower...I have no more to say on that topic, even though you now know how valuable my opinion really is...can anyone say, "Legend In His Own Mind!"...(smiling)...C2

:sword::goodjob: :goodjob: :sword:

i was hoping you'd respond :)

ok, no more mite speak........ don't wanna jinx anyone :) back to work.............. :gym:

Where would you suggest I set PH? I typically shoot for 5.8.. I'm running Greenhouse genetics and all the vids state 5.5, but it seemed like I was having issues at 5.5..???

When was the last time you calibrated your ph? Also what is your res temp?

I bring it down to 5.2 and let it go up to 5.8, till I add more PH down.I do hydro...........look at what is available at 5.2(on right graph)

index.jpg

Holy CRAP, that opens some things up... I've seen the SOIL graph THOUSANDS of times.. Never once have I seen the water culture graph... WTH... I'll be making an adjustment shortly...!!!

Thank you..!!

Hi THC Farmer,

Looks like you keep a pretty good eye on some of the most interesting and contraversial subjects...it's nice to hear your positive attitude and feedback...

Man, you oughta apply for one of these moderator jobs, dude...I'll tell ya, the chatroom never has enough really good moderators to go around...just a suggestion, but hopefully you'll think about it...thanks for all your positive feedback, here, and anyplace else I see you...always a pleasure, my friend!

post-1739-035785900 1277584004_thumb.jpg

Well... I'm not really sure how to reply. heh... :D

Thanks! I try to stay as positive as possible during these hard times... Ya know..

Heh, I'm not sure I'm moderator material... I wouldn't say no though! But I don't think I put in anywhere NEAR as much time on the Forum or the chatroom as some of the others. At least not in my opinion...

I'm always just happy to help others navigate through this stuff. It's new to us all. We all need to stick together and help eachother out as much as possible. That's my view.

The ultimate goal; Safe, affordable, easy access to the medicine of choice for those in need. Anything else is just politics...

Thank you very much for your post C2. Best of luck to you brotha! Feel free to ask me anything at anytime. You can Private Message me or drop a question in here. I'm always watching. I don't always put my 2 cents in but I read a vast majority of the happenings on here for sure...

(Bubblegrower says)..."what fox farms nutes? which ones? how much? when? how old are they now. whats the humidity?

how much ph down are you needing???"

..."when did you last flush?"....

...these are all good plant troubleshooting questions!...only problem I see is, are we possibly missing the same thing everyone was missing last week with another guy who was having similar (not exactly the same) problems...I never saw him post again, to know if he solved his problem or not...I might of just missed the post! Last I knew he was gonna go out and get a 30X magnifier, but as I recall he might have been a bit short on cash at the time, not sure...

O.K.! ...now, just picture me whistling, with my hands in my pockets, and just kicking an old tin can (aimlessly) down the road...minding my own business!

Not exactly sure how to approach this topic AGAIN!...but, I'll try to be a good boy!

Alright, here goes...

Can anyone spell S P I D E R M I T E S !!!

Ooops, sorry!

That's it!...I'm done! ...except for...Has anyone thought to ask this poor guy if he owns a magnifier (preferrably a decent 30X jewelers loop)so he can check for spidermites??? Why does NO ONE think of spidermites, recently?...it must be me...I must be the one who's missing something here...can someone please enlighten me! Thanks for putting up with my (had a miserable day) mood...much appreciated!...(smiling)...C2

I was the guy and I did get the 30x loupe, it turns out that I dont have mites but did have a bug problem it was earwigs you dont need the loupe to see them I guess they eat mites but also eat plant I sealed the room air tight problem solved. The drying leaves appeared to be a ph problem I was setting at about 6.5 now I'm at 5.6 and the girls love me.

thanks for all the help

Bubble Grower says to C2 (yesterday, or day before):

"haha... no reason to sit in the corner bro. i was just playing with ya you welcome to sit right up front any time you wish

i'm going to come off as an azzhole here, and i'm sorry. truly, i am. but here, read this:

http://www.michiganm...ueberry-day-18/

my first inclination was mites. my first suggestion was mites. and i was right.

in the last 2 cases in here, my first inclination was NOT mites, but something else. in BOTH cases i was right.

there is no need to run down every single one of the possible problems when indica jones, jipo, thcfarmer, and all the rest of the "regulars" around here have been doing this for quite some time and are right 99.9% of the time the first time.

as i proved in the link above, if i think its mites, i say it is. and as proven here, if i dont think it is, i dont.

PLEASE do not feel like i just "came down" on you. honestly, i'm not. you are MORE THAN WELCOME to suggest spider mites on every single post if you wish. i will not stop you. as a matter of fact, i encourage you to keep it up. spider mites are a REAL problem, and we need more people like you to give first hand experience of it.... so for that.... i say kudos to you.

now get out of the corner you.............. come here and give me a hug"

Oh Bubble Grower, what am I gonna do with you?...it must be great to be as right as you are most (if not all) of the time, like you mention above (and yes, you were being an azzhole, like you also mention) ...but the question remains, how does it feel to be "a legend in your own mind!"? ...smiling...not to mention, eating crow...(wink)...it's the season for mites, bro...what else can I say!

Sweet Dreams, my friend...don't let the mite bugs bite! C2

I'm glad we all understand the expression, "it's all in fun!"...

...and, "if we dish it out, we oughtta be able to take it!

Life is good!

post-1739-064207300 1277678282_thumb.gif

...and humble too...stop it Bubble Grower...everybody already loves you bro...hey, I even think you're a pretty darned good guy for all the time you devote to this page...

...just don't understand what happened to the post from the guy saying that he got the loupe and he found mites...distinctly said it was spidermites...but now ya go back and it says something about earwigs...someone doesn't have much of a conscience about how they deal with things on this thread...mayby it's just a bad night! I have no problem with anyone on this site, except the person who changed the post...they know who they are, and that's enough for me!...everyone have a good night!

...a sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste.......just ask that angel!

post-1739-076549300 1277680384_thumb.jpg

...and humble too...stop it Bubble Grower...everybody already loves you bro...hey, I even think you're a pretty darned good guy for all the time you devote to this page...

...just don't understand what happened to the post from the guy saying that he got the loupe and he found mites...distinctly said it was spidermites...but now ya go back and it says something about earwigs...someone doesn't have much of a conscience about how they deal with things on this thread...mayby it's just a bad night! I have no problem with anyone on this site, except the person who changed the post...they know who they are, and that's enough for me!...everyone have a good night!

...a sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste.......just ask that angel!

Im confused now.

I just reposted to thank everyone and all the advice that came when i ask for help.

please, please, PLEASE keep me updated. even if through a p.m. if you don't feel comfortable putting ALL your business out there. i really am interested. i know there are some negatives to your set-up, but i have a feeling that they will be SEVERELY outweighed by what comes off those branches. :)

Well I found that 6mil plastic is not the way to go lol Very smal leak but it will have to wait till next month. No big deal leaks about 1oz in 24 hr and I have a floor drain.

I have also found that growth rate is crazy fast and big. So the pattern I had of 1 foot per plant spot and zigzaged is not near big enought. I reset pattern to strait line and 2 foot per plant spot (guess what still not big enought).

I have been researching large plactic water tanks ...Holy crap $$$$$. But also did some research on concrete tanks and sealing them. Lots cheaper. Plus nutes for 100 gallons are killing me. Next tank may be smaller maybe 1'x1'x1'.

Hooked up a in house co2 alarm trying to see ppm, but it does not seem to be working reads OOO all the time. I think its just the wrong type.

Added a air purifier that has an ionizer will give it a shot and see what happens.

Have also modified the dehumidifier to filter and drain back into tank. this is now keeping the tank toped off.

I can see I will need a biger air tank 80 aint cutting it. Going to look into a 1000 gal LP tank for holding air.

I dont know if its the set up or the strain (utopia) but I have never seen plants grow like this. They are a lot wider than they are tall. Look like a shrub and dense like one. A friend came by and said I should trim the under branches as they will not produce due to low light (i use 2 1000watt cool tubes) @ 24 to 48" up.

Well thats about it on update. I will post more as soon as something changes.

Well ..................

i have tried a few different "industrial" designs over the years and everything just seems to be too much of a pain in the butt, too much money, and in the end, it doesnt beat a bunch of 5 gallon buckets or 10 gallon totes linked together by 3/4" hose and gravity fed from a central rez. a small water pump to keep things flowing constantly, and you backfill/check suff ect through the rez. less water, less space, less nutes, less mess to clean up/scrub down after a grow..... there are just tons of plusses. and a HUGE one is mobility. i can move totes around quite a bit if i need to and still have them linked together.

med_gallery_13801_60_23594.jpg

switching those buckets out for 10 gallon totes gives me 6gal nutes/plant and thats not too shabby. its no 14 or whatever you have there :) but its PLENTY, and i still have plant mobility.

BUT................. you can have mass bubbles. and i pretty much know what you have. obviously i can get a bubbletote rumbling pretty good, but there is just no possible way to have the movement you do there.

someday i will find the perfect mix................................ :)

i have tried a few different "industrial" designs over the years and everything just seems to be too much of a pain in the butt, too much money, and in the end, it doesnt beat a bunch of 5 gallon buckets or 10 gallon totes linked together by 3/4" hose and gravity fed from a central rez. a small water pump to keep things flowing constantly, and you backfill/check suff ect through the rez. less water, less space, less nutes, less mess to clean up/scrub down after a grow..... there are just tons of plusses. and a HUGE one is mobility. i can move totes around quite a bit if i need to and still have them linked together.

med_gallery_13801_60_23594.jpg

switching those buckets out for 10 gallon totes gives me 6gal nutes/plant and thats not too shabby. its no 14 or whatever you have there :) but its PLENTY, and i still have plant mobility.

BUT................. you can have mass bubbles. and i pretty much know what you have. obviously i can get a bubbletote rumbling pretty good, but there is just no possible way to have the movement you do there.

someday i will find the perfect mix................................ :)

Yeh It comes at a price the compressor is 2k to replace so thats a pain. I like your plan. Do you have any problems with tank temps?

And whats your opinion on short fat plants V Tall Skinny plants?

Just for sh*ts and giggles

Large Pond (up to 3 acres) Aeration System - $2150

Includes shipping within continental USA.

Aerates ponds 1/4 acre with a 3-5 foot depth (225,000 gallons)

Aerates ponds up to 1 acre at 9-12 foot deep (2.5 million gallons)

Aerates ponds up to 3 acres with a 15-20 foot depth (10 million gallons)

Full system includes: 1/3 HP double dual piston compressor, ventilated lockable steel cabinet suitable for post mount, two micro bubble diffuser assemblies with 4 airstones on each each, all clamps and connectors, 200' weighted tubing, instruction booklet.

Item # PR-DA2AW