Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Guest Mr_smith

BG, do you use tap water? If so, do you treat it in any way?

My apologies if you have explained this somewhere and I have missed it.

I believe the deal is.. tap water should be left out for a day to let the chlorine evaporate.

Reverse osmosis water seems to be the suggested route (it can be found at Meijer)

But I would wait for the expert to be sure

Not happy..

i know its hard to see the bright side of this, but............ lesson learned, as well as a few others too, and now ya' know for next time. thats really all you can concentrate on right now.

p.m. me and let me know where you live. i may be able to help you start new and get things re-going on the double ;)

Yikes! ...........................

always an honor to see you here. hope you having a great day!!

BG, do you use tap water? If so, do you treat it in any way?

My apologies if you have explained this somewhere and I have missed it.

yup, mr_smith got it right. let it set out in an open container overnight at least, but 24hrs is better. the more "open" the better. a pan of water will let chlorine evaporate at a much quicker pace than a milk jug with the cap off. the more surface area exposed to air the better. it is also good to stir the water around a few times during this period. to fill many totes in a pinch i have bleached my bathtub and filled it with fresh water. stir it around 5-6 times over a day and you are good to go as far as chlorine is concerned.

But I would wait for the expert to be sure

haha... hardly. someone has you fooled :) i was just lucky enough to hang around a bunch of experts for a really long time :)

thanks for pitching in!!

Guest Mr_smith

haha... hardly. someone has you fooled :) i was just lucky enough to hang around a bunch of experts for a really long time :)

thanks for pitching in!!

Hence my presence on this forum LOL

Hence my presence on this forum LOL

cop a squat, pitch a tent, put the tailgate down......... whatever it is that you do, feel free to do it here :)

stay awhile........ we have some decent meds and the conversation is always colorful :)

and............. as a bonus........... we serve a complimentary continental breakfast too.

............ nice to have ya :goodjob:

Well, I hae a darn male start flowering so I took him out of the room. :-( Since I only have 4 total, this kinda bums me out. It was a really healthy plant which is the real kicker! How soon should a female start showing female parts after switching to hps and 12/12 lighting? I fed them with big bud and sensi bloom to induce flowering, but I can't see and pistils growing yet. ???? Any ideas? I appreciate all of the help everybody offers because this newbie needs it! I have read a ton though and am getting the hang of it. The other plants are doing alright. I have 1 super silver haze that I topped a little over 2 weeks ago.(just before the switch). Nice strong tops. White Widow is looking good, and himalayan gold smells real sweet! Thanks KGB

p.s.

i see Taj has a post all the way back on page one. thats senority dude. way to hang!! i can only imagine how much you have learned from following this thread in "real-time" from day #1.

You started this thread on my birthday BG, it figured it would be a good one and it truly has been. Thanks for all the help direct or indirect it has helped me personally a lot.

Well, I hae a darn male start flowering so I took him out of the room. :-( Since I only have 4 total, this kinda bums me out. It was a really healthy plant which is the real kicker! How soon should a female start showing female parts after switching to hps and 12/12 lighting? I fed them with big bud and sensi bloom to induce flowering, but I can't see and pistils growing yet. ???? Any ideas? I appreciate all of the help everybody offers because this newbie needs it! I have read a ton though and am getting the hang of it. The other plants are doing alright. I have 1 super silver haze that I topped a little over 2 weeks ago.(just before the switch). Nice strong tops. White Widow is looking good, and himalayan gold smells real sweet! Thanks KGB

the males usually show first, and the females are normally just a few days behind. once again, its very strain specific, but you should see hairs within about a week after the flip to 12/12.

You started this thread on my birthday BG, it figured it would be a good one and it truly has been. Thanks for all the help direct or indirect it has helped me personally a lot.

it was my birthday gift to ya' :) the gift that keeps on giving :)

thanks for the kind words bud :)

med_gallery_13801_60_3026981.jpg

BG, You have done very well there! I am hoping my girls turn out that well! Almost 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12 and found a male early this week, as I think I posted that earlier.. Only 3 others growing now, but three more germinated and doing well. Im going to try to get a clone or two growing . Just ordered clonex and a 6" vent fan and carbon filter kit from HTG supply. should be just what the doctor ordered, or should help make what the doctor ordered grow better! Anyway thanks for all the pictures! They give me incentive to do better. One question though. Will taking clones after the plants show their female parts and putting clones back in 24/7 light -stress the clones or budding plant too much? Ive also been plucking off some leaves that are real light blockers. Is this OK? Thanks, KGB

post-10851-023280000 1278280095_thumb.jpg

post-10851-087064100 1278280185_thumb.jpg

Will taking clones after the plants show their female parts and putting clones back in 24/7 light -stress the clones or budding plant too much? Ive also been plucking off some leaves that are real light blockers. Is this OK? Thanks, KGB

plucking a leaf here and there is just fine, yes :)

and as far as the clones are concerned, you will be just fine taking clones right after they have shown sex. this may create some weird growth for the first couple weeks of the clones life, but it will usually grow out of it.

BG - I just salivated on to my shirt....

any fimming*, or ScrOG-ing?

nope. i did top once though about a week before the flip to 12/12. it's a super hardy strain that just likes to grow some very very large ice coated buds :)

Hi Bubblegrower,

I am an old dirt farmer. This is my first full run indoors except for the mid March early April indoor grow to go outside.

You and I have talked before. I think this one will be easy for you.

I have twelve plants ( all White Queen, except one White Widow, and one Forbidden Fruit, six in DWC, PH 5.2 on Foxfarm feeding schedule + fish oil fert, 600 watt Hortilux daylight bulb, lighting is on a hydrofarm moving track. All hydro plants are doing exceptionally well. Next run will be all hydro, never will go back to soil!!

Second six are in 1/3 canadian Peat, 1/3 vermiculite, and the richest black dirt I could find for indoor growing. PH is at 7.0,

All in Veg now 24/7, all beautiful girls, all 6 Hydro Plants are thriving and deep forest green with the biggest fan leaves I have ever seen ( and I have seen a lot over the years!) The six dirt mix plants are doing fairly well, they are on Fox Farm nute schedule for soil, color is less dark green except for one, it is a pale green almost the color of the inside of a sliced lime, I've been consitant with flushes and nutes, with the Hydro as well using Clearex. Any Idea on why this plant is at the same height as the others and is getting the same measured amounts of water and food, but seems to be lacking something, My guess is Manganese??? But I'm not sure, was going to try epsom salt, but I thought I might run it past you first.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Little buddy,

Next run will be all hydro, never will go back to soil!!

All in Veg now 24/7, all beautiful girls, all 6 Hydro Plants are thriving and deep forest green with the biggest fan leaves I have ever seen ( and I have seen a lot over the years!)

hydro is fun, big, and very fast thats for certain :) glad you are enjoying yourself over there!!

Any Idea on why this plant is at the same height as the others and is getting the same measured amounts of water and food, but seems to be lacking something, My guess is Manganese??? But I'm not sure, was going to try epsom salt, but I thought I might run it past you first.

got pics? i'm sure we can get ya straightened out :)

I have a very similar looking problem with a super silver haze plant that 8 wks old. Almost 3 weeks on 12/12 and shes just now starting to flower. I had a real "nail biter" going on since I found that male early last week! :unsure:

Do you guys think trying to super crop them at this point would be beneficial? :huh: Im only running one 600w hps. The tops from the bottoms of the plant are almost as tall as the main stem top!!! :rolleyes:

I also have some leaves on one plant with a bunch of little brown spots. :( (Himalayan Gold) The plant is doing very good other than that at 4' tall. I turned my oscillating fan up to medium to avoid any stagnent micro atmospheres within the mass of leaves and such. :notfair: My room is only 6x9 and high turns the room into a vortex! :sword:

New seedlings are not doing too bad, but the leaves are kinda wavy just like the previous ones were, but they turned out ok. My temps are running in the high 70's low 80's in the flower room, but the seedling cabinet runs 86 +. I am in the start of my second grow and it's sort of sketchy, but its working so far. Definitely not optimal like I hope to tweak it into! ;) That's enough outa me for now! Peace out! :)

i feel like Van Wilder sometimes :) "write that down Taj"

my preference for flower room numbers for the last 3 weeks of life. 75-80 degrees and 35-40% humidity with the lights on.

med_gallery_13801_60_531018.jpg

I wish I was seeing those kinds of numbers. This heat we're having is giving me a tough time.