Mmma Is Cracking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about let's cut the cryptic references and have some information about what is happening. I'm sure there are others like me who find the forum useful, but have little or no insight about what the "infighting" in MMMA is about.

agreed. personally i spend quite a bit of time helping others on this site, with hopes that karma will catch up with me and make it right. but on a pretty constant basis here lately i have come across some "questionable posts" ..... meaning i see posts that are leaving questions in my head. im not one to run around and connect the dots myself. i am too busy assisting others in a different part of the fight. while you guys stand out front "carrying the flag at the MMJ rally" i am the one who chooses to stay behind and keep the plants growing.... someone has to do it. just as someone has to carry that flag too. don't take this the wrong way, i am glad that you carry the flag.... but can't we communicate openly??

this is the place for everyone involved in every aspect of the fight to come together

it's like my wife updating her Twitter staus to say "I HAVE GOT HUGE NEWS".... and expecting nobody is going to ask her what it is?

sorry, maybe a bad analogy, but there is obviously a problem somewhere, there have been enough references made to make that obvious... now its time for us to ask.

Hi, The MMMA is completely transparent. We hold ourselves to a high standard. The MMMA is every member we have. Every dime that comes in the door at the MMMA can be accounted for. We seek neither power or money, but justice for the people involved in our movement. This is a new MMMA, where the success or failure can not be judged by the actions of a few, but the people as a whole. We are a democracy.

If you have any evidence of wrong doing, bring it forward. Negativity drains the energy out of those who are actually working for the cause. Thanks, Joe

Did you ever get my message? Just wondering since you never replied.

Why did you decide to have nothing to do with the MMMA?

There was a time when I felt the board members were heading in the wrong direction. That is not a problem anymore as they have no power over were we head from now on. John

Dwell in the past and lose the future. It's now up to the people to chart the political course for this organization and the movement as a whole.

Anybody notice that all of a sudden there's a surge in negativity on positive news?

If you think it is negative for people to want to know what the hell you guys are talking about, that's fine. I don't see how it is, but that is me.

There is no infighting within the MMMA. The current Board is completely functional and highly proactive. Just look at the program we just rolled out. Democracy that you don't have to pay for. We do appreciate folks joining our organization, but it is not necessary. Everybody has an equal voice at the table. We are open to any suggestions to improve the MMMA.

Spoken like a true politician! :lol:

I don't know why you have an attitude, they told you we need to move forward an concentrate on the future not the past .

Blueberry was right when he said we ALL need to work together.

And I'll tell ya another thing, if you don't think that law enforcement, senators, our state reps, or anyone else isn't watching this web site, laughing at us while we bicker, then your pretty nieve.

So instead of wondering about what happened before, wonder whats gonna happen in the future

Sometimes understanding the past and the present helps if you want to have understanding in the future.

WOW this is to much for someone who works for nothing to make this website.

I THINK YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB!! Whoever you are. I like the site and it is a good source of information. Ah I have not paid anyone for using this site... Not sure why people would even complain. The site looks great, function great and I am finding some real people. Keep up the good work MMMA.

What I'm getting from all this is a typical situation that happens with any group, some people have an idea what direction it's going and how to achieve the goals, then others have a different idea, which causes tension and bickering. There's a split in the group, maybe not just one split but 3 or more. No one can agree on much of anything. The goals get clouded over and soon the need that brought them together in the first place gets lost. Without looking at the old messages, only going by what's been said here and a few other threads, regarding 3MA,, is what I'm basing my observations on. I sense I'm not far off. I've been in a few groups that were activist oriented, everyone had their ideas on how the group should handle the issues. The very first time I attended a meeting, 2 or 3 people were arguing- I was in shock, never expecting that. I remember thinking to myself, "What the heck is going on here? Isn't everybody here on the same side???????" I knew they were, but still I could see the egos getting in the way and people forgetting they ARE on the same side, and WHAT THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR. Whatever went on that caused a rift in the organization, isn't being elaborated on because it probably got very personal, petty, and ugly. Any old messages that came out of those events would speak for themselves. There comes a time when people need to move on, for the good of the people they're fighting for. And yes, I'm sure many who oppose us ARE WATCHING and laughing. We MUST stand together, there are many members here who have a lot to lose, and when they get hassled, lose their jobs, are arrested, jailed, fined, robbed of their possessions, including their meds, THEY WILL NEED A STRONG 3MA STANDING BESIDE THEM. United we stand, divided we fall. We can't let the enemy have the satisfaction of seeing us self destruct! They're experts at the divide and conquer game, which is evident throughout history. Remember this: at any time, any one of us could fall victim to their injustice, and when it happens, who will we turn to? Who can we call? WHO will support us in our time of need? THIS is what I think 3MA is trying to be- the ones we can count on in our time of need, as well as working to make the law we voted for work for the benefit of the patients and cg's. This is a public forum, people judge us by our words. I've already seen one person call us a bunch of stoners. In many cases, I can see why. We're fighting on so many fronts, especially the bad press MM is getting, that's why this site's Acceptable Use Policy distinguishes between medical use and recreational use. If 3MA is us, whatever happens to it reflects back on us. If we fall, everyone falls, if we succeed, everyone benefits. We share the burden of responsibility, and share in its rewards. No one can do it alone. IF 3MA has cracked, something better is forming from the pieces.

I'm so darn tired, as many of us are, but I'm here, still standing. Remember why we're here and who we're here for. ARE YOU WITH ME?

Sincerely, Sb

EDIT: the meeting I spoke of wasn't 3MA, it was an anti-nuclear group in another state that I joined in the early 80's.

I have been here for awhile & I must be missing something. I don't see any cracking, It's as strong its ever been. I see more new things, positive things happening every day. The new leadership & some old have been doing a great job both with the new site & with putting more focus on patients . The moderators & staff on this site now are some of the most caring I have come across in this community.

Until someone is willing to lay out all they've done or at least their ideas on what to do how can they criticize anything. I believe it's important to learn from the past & we've been here, and it was a giant waste of time.

The opportunities & knowledge that I have acquired through this web site or the MMMA directly have been invaluble. And all this came from other patients & caregivers on this site, at meetings & events. Point is as was said above we are the 3ma and Greg & all the people involved have provided a great way for us to come together. The rest is up to us..............

Joe and other Mods. I respectfully request that this post be allowed to remain

(unless personal attacks start in which case I will deal with it).

Actions will speak louder than words.

Sit back and watch.

John Wells

Lead by example

There was a time when I felt the board members were heading in the wrong direction. That is not a problem anymore as they have no power over were we head from now on. John

What does this mean?

What do you feal was the wrong direction?

Who is they, that you refer too?

Please explain to us specifically,what is not a problem anymore?

Are you saying that you have the power over were we head?

What does this mean?

What do you feal was the wrong direction?

Who is they, that you refer too?

Please explain to us specifically,what is not a problem anymore?

Are you saying that you have the power over were we head?

I am glad you asked Ron. I want to make sure everyones questions are answered in a respectful and timely manner.

1) IMO they were not going where the patients and cg's really wanted to go.

2) Theold 3ma board

3) The 3MA board NO longer controls where we head. We the people of MI control where we go from here. Its really simple. Each person has a vote. Each vote counts.

4) I have NO POWER other than my one vote out of 20,000+ votes just like you. The playing field in level.

I am glad you asked Ron. I want to make sure everyones questions are answered in a respectful and timely manner.

1) IMO they were not going where the patients and cg's really wanted to go.

2) Theold 3ma board

3) The 3MA board NO longer controls where we head. We the people of MI control where we go from here. Its really simple. Each person has a vote. Each vote counts.

4) I have NO POWER other than my one vote out of 20,000+ votes just like you. The playing field in level.

1) What is your opinion?

2) Many of the same members are on the new board as the old, right?...

So the old board members are subspect?

Why have a board of directors if they can not direct?

3) Who do you think controls the 3ma?

4) What is this vote thing about and who would decide on what to vote on?

Who came up with this Idea and when did it happen?

Hey Joe, is there a way we can pressure or force the state to send a form letter to patients and cg, and provide a registry number? If they look at the submissions and have to determine if it will be denied or not in 15 days, then they surely can have a form letter and assign registry numbers at that time. What can I do to help? This wouldn't be an issue but the state seems to want to drag their feet. So what can we do to make them do this? Or is there nothing that can be done? Thanks

----Nemo

Archived