Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

36 plants under a 400w MH. ....... budget? :)

i think so.

we have 4 totes on bottom.

the front 2 totes are holding 2 fully rooted and ready-to-veg clones. 4 plants total in those 2 totes.

the back 2 totes have the 9 blubonic and 3 skunkman plants. 12 plants total. 2 totes/6 plants per tote.

the tray has 9 blueberry seedlings on it.

off to the left are 3 mother-to-be bubbledick plants in soil.

in the front is a simple daisy cloner with 8 fully rooted clones.

Lookin good, BG!! :thumbsu:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi BG.

Your understanding of this plant and your willingness to share your knowledge warms my heart. It really was happenstance that I found your method at the same time that I was getting started. I think you are being generous in your comparison to ebb-and-flow. This bubble grow system is all about "aggressive growth"! I've got comparisons in dirt, in not-dirt, and in ebb-and-flow. I'd have to say that the plants in my bubble-totes dwarf the others. I've tried at least a couple dozen different ways to kill these plants while I'm learning to grow them, and they are really resilient. On several occasions I thought about giving up on a plant. After discussing things with you, making adjustments, learning a ton of stuff about growing cannabis, and giving them time, some of my accidents are now my best plants. Little monsters! This is fun!

Just a couple comments from my side. Things I've learned. The pH of your nutrient solution is really important, as is the water temperature. In order for the roots to synthesize the nutrients, the solution has to be right. The enzymes in the solution catalyze the chemical reactions necessary for the plant to grow. These enzymes work best in a desired range. Too cold slows the reaction resulting in not enough uptake, and too hot increases the reaction resulting in too much uptake, or worse. If the pH gets too far out of range then synthesis in the roots just stops. The dissolved oxygen produced by the bubbles creates a wonderful environment for enzymes to react with the nutrients in the solution.

The coolest thing about what BG has done is that you really don’t need to know any of this. Follow his lead. Keep a clean grow. Give your plants enough light. Get on a regular maintenance schedule for pest control. You’ll really like the results! I’ve got some trunks here that I’ll need a saw to cut down. Try it! You’ll like it! hey… that could be an advertising slogan.

I need to get educated BG. The twelve outlet manifold on my big air pump gets hot. Is that normal? I’ve got a roll of sheet copper that I was thinking about using as a heat sink. Is it something that I should be concerned about? Also, about nutes in bloom phase… are the basic instructions from Lucas still in effect? Do I add water until I’ve replaced what I started with at 8/16 and then dump and start again at full 8/16? Or have you modified that?

I’m having a great time doing this. I’ve got some freakin’ trees here! The product is excellent!

Thanks again for all you do.

Toad

Hi BG.

Your understanding of this plant and your willingness to share your knowledge warms my heart.

awe :)

and it's all about karma my friend :)

. This bubble grow system is all about "aggressive growth"! I've got comparisons in dirt, in not-dirt, and in ebb-and-flow. I'd have to say that the plants in my bubble-totes dwarf the others.

yuppers...... after 16 years of growing i gotta say i agree with you :) go bubbles.

Just a couple comments from my side. Things I've learned. The pH of your nutrient solution is really important, as is the water temperature.

right on bro......... water temp is key!!

The twelve outlet manifold on my big air pump gets hot. Is that normal?

yes some heat is normal, no worries.

if i missed something, please throw it back at me as i am for real busy tonight

Also, about nutes in bloom phase… are the basic instructions from Lucas still in effect? Do I add water until I’ve replaced what I started with at 8/16 and then dump and start again at full 8/16? Or have you modified that?

everything is still the same.

backfill with 8-16 all the way through flower.

you may or may not want to try koolbloom (i like the powdered stuff better) at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon from week 5 till the end.

If im at home, i only vape with a volcano. Those are good, but once you see the ratio of vapor you get with a volcano compared to those type of models?

WOW

When im out and about i use a magic-flight launch box. Best thing you could ever get.

No smell, small as a tictac box, and i can vape anywhere lol

everything is still the same.

backfill with 8-16 all the way through flower.

you may or may not want to try koolbloom (i like the powdered stuff better) at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon from week 5 till the end.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll pick up some KoolBloom soon.

Archived