Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

you aint kiddin' my friend!! taking green to a new crayola shade of green.

they are in full strength lucas right now. in a system connected with a few other totes.

there are a few blueberry plants that just got popped in that system and the humboldt roots that has washed off has created a bit of a ppm spike. im up to about 1200 right now, but tomorrow sounds like a good day to flush all that out and start fresh.

med_gallery_13801_60_766078.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1601319.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1501658.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how far along are you again?

tough without pics, but its going to be one of two things probably.

more than likely it is nothing. many calyx get HUGE and grow a white hair or two off the end. they look like they are big and fat and there is a seed in there, but there really isnt.

i dont have any good close-up pics that i can think of to show, but you get the picture.

the other possibility is that your plant really is "selfing". basically making a few beans to keep the lineage alive. more often that not, you will harvest before these last-ditch-effort beans become fully mature, but there will only be a couple/few of them anyways. if it is this, it doenst mean that you have a hermie or a problem plant..... this is totally normal in some strains.

power's been out four a couple days here. i have to sort through the mess. i will send some pics asap.

how far along are you again?

tough without pics, but its going to be one of two things probably.

more than likely it is nothing. many calyx get HUGE and grow a white hair or two off the end. they look like they are big and fat and there is a seed in there, but there really isnt.

i dont have any good close-up pics that i can think of to show, but you get the picture.

the other possibility is that your plant really is "selfing". basically making a few beans to keep the lineage alive. more often that not, you will harvest before these last-ditch-effort beans become fully mature, but there will only be a couple/few of them anyways. if it is this, it doenst mean that you have a hermie or a problem plant..... this is totally normal in some strains.

OK. The sun just came up and me and the girls are all saying AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH... I added a generator to my wish list.

The pics are kind of fuzzy. Taken with my cell phone. That's the best I can do right now. The strain is NYCDiesel. It's been in flower now for 14 days. The "beans" that I'm seeing are inside the bud. They are pointed, and standing up. Those that have opened got a little dark at the top, then two white hairs wiggled out. I don't have any males to look at, but it seems that the male pollen sacs were hanging down, and in pairs.

Thanks again for all your help.

Toad

OK. The sun just came up and me and the girls are all saying AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH... I added a generator to my wish list.

The pics are kind of fuzzy. Taken with my cell phone. That's the best I can do right now. The strain is NYCDiesel. It's been in flower now for 14 days. The "beans" that I'm seeing are inside the bud. They are pointed, and standing up. Those that have opened got a little dark at the top, then two white hairs wiggled out. I don't have any males to look at, but it seems that the male pollen sacs were hanging down, and in pairs.

Thanks again for all your help.

Toad

ok, the pics dont help much at all, but if you are only 14 days into flower, you may have full on seeds forming. you may have just seen some pollen sacs.

anything looking like this?

med_gallery_13801_60_23327.jpg

When_To_Harvest.jpg

Nothing looking like pollen sacks, BG, and they've all gone hairy on me. This is my first grow. I've dabbled with some plants that sprouted in my vegetable garden. They always came up evenly spaced in a row. Imagine that! But I was never so focussed on them, and just took what I got. I'm invested in this. So.,.. I'm seeing a whole bunch of female buds growing for the very first time in my life. And I worry about them. I think they're going to be ok. When my daughter gets home this evening I will get her to take some pictures and I'll give you a better look.

Those pics are awesome! Nothing showing up like the male pic. Everything looks just like the female pic. And the frame showing the different stages of the calix and stigma is a big help.

Thanks again,

Toad

got the blubonic separated finally.

fast vegging on these, i like it.

gallery_13801_60_35150.jpg

gallery_13801_60_121429.jpg

did crayola get ahold of you yet on the new crayon color? titles? umm

natural green?

perfect emerald?

spearmint munchiness?

these pictures show how well far beyond the natural a person can acheive their goals..

PROPS B

KEEAAWWWWLLLL KOLOR...

spearmint munchiness?

that gets my vote!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

my first autoflowering beans ever. (they were freebies otherwise i wouldnt be growing them).

anyways, its been like 4 days and i think we can chop her now!!

all 3 of them dropped the seed shell and started producing trichs RIGHT AWAY!! :) :) :)

dinafems roadrunner:

gallery_13801_60_12745.jpg

and it just wouldnt be right if i didnt throw in a couple more blubonic pics:

gallery_13801_60_63449.jpg

gallery_13801_60_111992.jpg

sometimes its not all happy and bubbly growing in bubbles.

i have never grown a skunkman's strain before now, so i wanna make the disclaimer that im not saying anything bad about him or his beans.

i will however say that i have wanted to grow out his "original haze x skunk #1" for quite some time. when i picked up the blubonics beans i asked for a skunk freebie, and i got what i wanted :)

the smiles end there though. at least in bubbles anyways. i got 10 reg freebies. germd 5. 4 sprouted. here is the "best" looking of the 4. this is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY TOO thin for bubbles. these puppies are growing 8 miles an hour tall.

one of them is 12" tall and fell over.

this is a soil strain. or a hydro system that allows for this type of strain. it grows like a friggin vine. you could fill a scrog nicely with a few of them though :)

but since i have 4 reg beans going, i dont know what i have.

im going to shock them into soil and throw a stake in there right along the main stem to hold them up. these are gonna be those spindly looking plants and in bubblebuckets/totes we just dont have a good way to do this right.

gallery_13801_60_82458.jpg

the tips are burned because they are WAAAAAAYYYY too close to the light :) thats a little blueberry plant right next to it :) cant even see it..... just the tag.

so no-go on hydro for haze x skunk................ in my garden anyway.

blubonic looking great after their transplant. well, not really a transplant, but after moving from one tote to another, they get twisted, turned, and spinned into different directions from the light and thats a GOOD THING.

but you can see here from yesterday right after the move:

gallery_13801_60_121429.jpg

and the same plants in the same spots today :) big difference. they adjusted to the light.

gallery_13801_60_141763.jpg

gallery_13801_60_57158.jpg

gallery_13801_60_56888.jpg

gallery_13801_60_39612.jpg

gallery_13801_60_74297.jpg

gallery_13801_60_35199.jpg

post-16255-0-53912300-1288661103_thumb.jpgpost-16255-0-53912300-1288661103_thumb.jpg

you need a camera for christmas :)

Too funny! I'm laughing out loud! :D

I got a little too aggressive removing a male from the same tote about ten days ago. She snapped, and fell right over. I splinted her with a piece of tape, which popped off last night. It is truly amazing how much mitosis was goin on under that tape!

She'll be standing on her head for another few weeks. I'll get some pictures as her buns grow.

Archived