Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey first post here. Anyone ever attempt a LA Confidential grow? (dna gen)

I have 1 DNA Sour Cream seed, sprouted in under 24 hours. Next order will be LA confidential, Connie Chung and Sour Cream. Highly Impressed with the results I got so far and everything I've heard.

So i did a bunch of research on the light spectrum and I got these 460 nm acitinic blue bulbs to mix in with my 6400k ho t5s heres how my girl looks now super tight nodes (already starting fifth)

med_gallery_18231_375_458364.jpg

Those are from seed. About 8-10 in tall

Those look so healthy, like they may "live long and prosper" . You want to beam some of those over right away Mr. MJ_ALCH3MIST?

nice pics look stellar as always

thanks for the kind words :)

This really deserves more discussion, just not in Bubblegrower's Perpetual Grow thread. I wonder if a mod could move this so we can chat about it more?

;) ;)

thanks for lookin' out :)

Oh yea my bad not tryin to steal anyones thunder. once i get the males separated i'll maybe post a grow journal

i have waaaaaaaayyyyy to much thunder :)

you can HAVE some :)

but, yes, if you want to post and get some action before you begin your journal, it would be more suited for the help thread found here: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18150-need-your-grow-questions-answered-come-on-in/page__pid__223469__st__1320#entry223469

as opposed to the grow journal. thanks. lookin' forward to seeing your grow play out!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

everything is doing well this morning.

the blubonic is looking good. bounced back super well, and is now in full veg. 8-16 lucas nutes, 10" under a 400wMH and adding leaves and nodes every 24 hours.

med_gallery_13801_60_1846819.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_802150.jpg

2 of the 3 Roadrunner beans have cracked already. im going to be starting those in soil and then transplanting to hydro as i did with the blubonic.

i will get pics of the skunk x haze, the bubbledick, some Third dimension, and some widow here in a bit. slow internet day and its taking forever to load pics.

the 3rd roadrunner bean cracked already. less than 24hrs and all three of those are in soil.

here's a couple Third Dimension at about 35 days:

med_gallery_13801_60_650578.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_303217.jpg

and a couple rows of bubbledick. you can tell the row on the left is about 10 days ahead :)

med_gallery_13801_60_2566073.jpg

some different b.d. plants that are about 10-14 days in flower:

med_gallery_13801_60_570892.jpg

gallery_13801_60_647178.jpg

Great thread BG, this old dog is learning a lot of new tricks! Okay now for a foolish newb question... What's the general rule of thumb for plants per tote for veg/flowering? I'm thinking around 5 gal. per plant (2 plants= 10gal.,3 plants= 15gal. ect.).

Looking fantastic :thumbsu:

thanks!!

Great thread BG, this old dog is learning a lot of new tricks! Okay now for a foolish newb question... What's the general rule of thumb for plants per tote for veg/flowering? I'm thinking around 5 gal. per plant (2 plants= 10gal.,3 plants= 15gal. ect.).

yup, pretty much you have it right.

first, i never use anything larger than a 10gallon tote. and never more than 2 plants in said tote. trying to use an 18gallon tote and squeezing 3 plants on the lid will lead to unhappy plants and a ton of wasted nutes/water.

so yup, either 2 plants max in a 10gal tote (if you grow trees you may have to separate them and go one per tote after they hit the flower room) or just one plant per 5 gallon bucket.

i have just started playing around with this idea as well.

6-5" netpots in the lid of a 10gallon tote for early veg to conserve space.

med_gallery_13801_60_1672481.jpg

in a few more days, all i have to do is pull the net pots out and place 2/tote (as normal) to finish the veg process.

and if they get too big during veg, i can just pull the netpot/plant/roots out of the tote and put it in a 5gal bucket :)

I'm gonna call for a moment of silence. For all of you who have been doing this for a while, I think you'll understand. If your just starting out, then maybe you can learn from this. To BubbleGrower... you are my hero, man! I have learned SO MUCH from what you've done and what you share with us.

Woody, that's the plant in the thumbnail below, was my best effort. I had to start out on the cheap, so a hand full of seeds from a generous grower seemed like a good idea. I learned from BG how to do this without spending a fortune, and Woody sprouted and grew and grew and just kept on growing. I had to make some adjustments, and wait for money to loosen up so that I could get the right hardware, but Woody just kept on growing. Along the way I learned a lot about this "growing your own" stuff. I put Woody in bloom 8 days ago, and the way the plant took off with the new lights and the new nutes was really cool. I suspected it at about day five or six, but there's no doubt about it now. She grew balls! What a heartbreaker. I'm gonna start taking Woody down at about ten o'clock. With the green light on. I gotta respect the ladies in the room, and hope that I removed him early enough.

So, you've got a few minutes before ten o'clock. Make some preparations and share this moment with me. I kleened up the Fiskars. I'm gonna roll up a fatty and start snipping. He was a good friend, and he taught me a lot. You get what you start with. Here's hoping that he's the last male I see.

Toad

woody.bmp

i have just started playing around with this idea as well.

6-5" netpots in the lid of a 10gallon tote for early veg to conserve space.

med_gallery_13801_60_1672481.jpg

in a few more days, all i have to do is pull the net pots out and place 2/tote (as normal) to finish the veg process.

and if they get too big during veg, i can just pull the netpot/plant/roots out of the tote and put it in a 5gal bucket :)

Just started using 3 gallon buckets(black) instead of 5 gallon, works just as good and uses less nutrients and isn't so hard on your back when you move it! Also started using Advanced Nutrients system, it rocks!

Just an Old Dutch Lady's opinion! LOL I use totes for seedlings and clones, then move them to their own bucket, other wise I just start the seeds in the Riot Cubes and as soon as she shows signs of coming out I move it into its own bucket for the duration of vegging. Then the same for flowering. conserving space is the tote way to go, but they like their own air stone right under them!

i am using the bb and they are working great.i noticed the roots in the 2 tote grow together into a big square shape and i cant get the plant out to put in its own bucket.how can i fix this now/in the future i am going to use single buckets but is there a way to do it with the 2 tote

Archived