Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone remember these posts from a few days ago?

luck beyond luck.

something that just NEVER HAPPENS when you plant a 10 pack of reg beans from any breeder. the biggest, thickest, strongest blubonic plant is a female :) and she's a biggun. stem the size of my thumb already.

i'll drag her out of the room and get clones/pics in a couple hours. pretty happy about that one.

:) here she is:

i have some rockwool soaking in 2ml of humboldt roots in a gallon of r.o. water:

gallery_13801_60_90461.jpg

and i will take more pics after i cut clones and clean her up a bit around the bottom, but here she is now:

gallery_13801_60_43271.jpg

gallery_13801_60_110285.jpg

gallery_13801_60_54980.jpg

gallery_13801_60_127205.jpg

gallery_13801_60_30369.jpg

gallery_13801_60_47653.jpg

gallery_13801_60_49607.jpg

too good to be true. i havent had a chance to get back in there myself and peek around for a couple days. glad i did, she's a he/she :(

a chick with a dick.

and it has been chopped down, and is on its way to the burn pile as i type :( along with the 6 clones i already took of it.

'twas a healthy one too. thats for sure.......... ah the ups and downs. god i love the cannabis plant.

gallery_13801_60_93522.jpg

gallery_13801_60_31749.jpg

gallery_13801_60_40807.jpg

gallery_13801_60_66621.jpg

another one bites the dust. so we started with 10 beans. 9 made it. 5 males, 1 hermie....... 3 females left.

please remove your hats and observe a moment of silence as another hermaphrodite plant has lost his/her life for the cause:

RIP friend.

gallery_13801_60_183627.jpg

I know the pain all too well, counselor. I'll be toasting your lost efforts with a shot and a beer and a pull on the pipe. It's fun to watch them grow, and nurture them along. Always sad to have to give them up for the good of the cause. Thanks for sharing everything with us BG, and I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm still wet behind the ears at this whole process, and I'd be lying if I said that the appearance of WRONG gender plants in an experienced grow didn't impact me. I was thinking that I must have done something wrong. Stressed 'em at the wrong time, wrong nutes... something that I did must have been all wrong. I took four big beautiful plants down because they were growing balls, and I was starting to think that maybe this "grow your own medicine" thing was more than I can handle. But, today I'm energized! Thanks to your guidance, I'm looking at some awesome buds. One mature lady has a cola almost ten inches tall, and surounded by half a dozen 4 to 6 inchers. My sativa strain is starting to lay down as the bud weight exceeds the limb strength. All I've done is to follow your instructions, and I appreciate the way that you share the pain along with the gain. I won't give it up yet.

Again, thanks for sharing the whole experience with us. Your words are powerful. I enjoy the learning.

sad to see em go! RIP lil buddies.

:( me too. tis the game.

I know the pain all too well, counselor. I'll be toasting your lost efforts with a shot and a beer and a pull on the pipe. It's fun to watch them grow, and nurture them along. Always sad to have to give them up for the good of the cause. Thanks for sharing everything with us BG, and I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm still wet behind the ears at this whole process, and I'd be lying if I said that the appearance of WRONG gender plants in an experienced grow didn't impact me. I was thinking that I must have done something wrong. Stressed 'em at the wrong time, wrong nutes... something that I did must have been all wrong. I took four big beautiful plants down because they were growing balls, and I was starting to think that maybe this "grow your own medicine" thing was more than I can handle. But, today I'm energized! Thanks to your guidance, I'm looking at some awesome buds. One mature lady has a cola almost ten inches tall, and surounded by half a dozen 4 to 6 inchers. My sativa strain is starting to lay down as the bud weight exceeds the limb strength. All I've done is to follow your instructions, and I appreciate the way that you share the pain along with the gain. I won't give it up yet.

Again, thanks for sharing the whole experience with us. Your words are powerful. I enjoy the learning.

well thanks a ton for the kind words. yup, we take the ups with the downs. especially when growing from seed. but in the end its all worth it :)

glad to hear you have something pretty to look at now. makes ME smile too :)

make sure to tie them puppies up ....... dont wanna lose light or grease up your floors with resin and busted trichomes :)

make sure to tie them puppies up ....... dont wanna lose light or grease up your floors with resin and busted trichomes :)

I've got her pretty well strung up. She was almost six feet tall when she started to tip, a nice lazy bend to the south. She's soaking up the light, and covered in caramel corn. Well, not caramel yet, but soon. She gets flushed this Thursday, then I'll keep a close eye on those trichs. You've taught me that the weighting is worth the waiting.

blubonic @ day 18 flower.

gallery_13801_60_63222.jpg

blubonic on the left, blueberry on the right:

gallery_13801_60_119143.jpg

this top picture is the exact green i wanna paint my bedroom walls...LOL

i wonder if there is a way to manufacture the fan leaves into a usable wallpaper / full time room floral scent infuser....

blink.gif

this top picture is the exact green i wanna paint my bedroom walls...LOL

i wonder if there is a way to manufacture the fan leaves into a usable wallpaper / full time room floral scent infuser....

blink.gif

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

here she was last night. i guess it would be like day 25 or so. she's just getting ready for take-off...... i can feel it :)

gallery_13801_60_66083.jpg

gallery_13801_60_137097.jpg

blubonic starting to sugar up. about another 3 weeks or so to go.

gallery_13801_60_137497.jpg

gallery_13801_60_57256.jpg

gallery_13801_60_60549.jpg

gallery_13801_60_39697.jpg

Just a little friendly advice BG, make sure you keep a variety of strains surging through your body because if you just settle in on the Blubonic too much, like my cousin Merle here, well, it won't be pretty...

Picture213.png

this one is just a cheap "point and shoot" cannon. it a Powershot S2IS http://www.amazon.co...91689732&sr=8-1

it was a good camera 4 years ago, but has lost its luster. i have a new one ordered for x-mas though. the new 30x Fuji. looking forward to that one. should be able to see right inside the trichs with the extra lens :)

80% of it is knowing your camera and lighting..... really. just takes practice..... just like growing :)

Archived