What Nutrients Do You Prefer?

booth1dj

Hi(gh) everyone!

I am wondering what nutrients everyone uses with their hydroponic or soil gardens? I'm trying to decide which one to get for my setup but want to know which one is going to get me the bigest yield! If you have any pics that would be awesome as well!

In my soil I use FoxFarm... Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Cha-Ching, and Beastie Bloomz. I have been using this line for awhile and have nothing but good things to say. I am switching over to Hydro next week and will be using the General Hydro line.

Keeping it all natural here...I use Fox Farm soils, bat guano, both in the powder form and liquids. I also use worm castings and molassas. I have used the AN line in the past, with excellent results, also the Fox Farm line, but keeping it natural became a driving force for me, thus the change in methods. Peace...j.b.

I too am a big fan of organic. I use FFOF soil amended with EWC, perlite, and powdered dolomite lime. I use the all organic Earth Juice line for nutrients, cant say enough good things about Earth Juice. The Bloom formula has NO nitrogen in it so its perfect for the end of your cycle. It is really hard to burn plants w/ this stuff. Buds are huge, frosty, and most of all, taste amazing! EJ is very reasonably priced also. $10-$15 a qt for the grow, bloom, catalyst, meta-k, and microblast. Hope this helped :thumbsu:

I too am a big fan of organic. I use FFOF soil amended with EWC, perlite, and powdered dolomite lime. I use the all organic Earth Juice line for nutrients, cant say enough good things about Earth Juice. The Bloom formula has NO nitrogen in it so its perfect for the end of your cycle. It is really hard to burn plants w/ this stuff. Buds are huge, frosty, and most of all, taste amazing! EJ is very reasonably priced also. $10-$15 a qt for the grow, bloom, catalyst, meta-k, and microblast. Hope this helped :thumbsu:

I too, am using Earth Juice... Major difference this go round compared to the last... :D

Im running Ionic now (made in Lansing!!! support the locals!!)

FYI to everyone... Organics, are minerals locked in natural form...A plants roots DOES NOT care if the minerals came from bat poop or Amonium Nitrate.. matters not when the mineral is passing through the cell wall... Poop doesn't pass, I assure you...

Now with that said, QUALITY of said ''chemicals'' is key...

I'm NOT saying organics are BAD in any way, shape, or form..

I'm trying to stay as close to the organic poing as i can, without growing in soil, or plugging my sprayers (FoxFarm Big Bloom is great for plugging sprayers)

I'm just saying, your ''organics'' are being broken down into the most basic of mineral form, prior to entering the cell wall, anyway.

So you are just adding the "organic to cemical" conversion step to the mix...

This is why organic soil grows generally take a LOT longer... the conversion...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT SORT OF POOP-STORM I'LL START WITH THIS...LOL... BRING IT...

I see your point Sublime, I really enjoy organic growing because of my novice skill level, it is easy. I have never worried about ph (never owned a tester), never really burned a plant, never had lockout (to my knowledge). Organic growing is fun and easy and I love the taste of organic soil buds. (Im sure there are other ways to produce primo tasting bud as well, just out of my skill level.)

What about the salts in synthesized ferts? Your plants may not care about them, but the patient might.

Not trying to start beef, just trying to learn. :thumbsu:

I see your point Sublime, I really enjoy organic growing because of my novice skill level, it is easy. I have never worried about ph (never owned a tester), never really burned a plant, never had lockout (to my knowledge). Organic growing is fun and easy and I love the taste of organic soil buds. (Im sure there are other ways to produce primo tasting bud as well, just out of my skill level.)

What about the salts in synthesized ferts? Your plants may not care about them, but the patient might.

Not trying to start beef, just trying to learn. :thumbsu:

I 100% appreciate your post..

Organics ARE easy for the novice.. NO DOUBT..

Salts in synthesized ferts? Most minerals are naturally "salts" of sorts. NaCl (table salt) is not the only salt mineral.. lol..

Take any organic liquid off the shelf in the hydro store, place 20mil in a glass dish and let it dry... What do you have left..? I bet a pile of what looks like SALT.. lol.. I know the tops of my Fox Farm Grow Big and Tiger Bloom (close to organic, not 100%) have plenty of crustys around the top of the bottle..

A good flush at the end should be plenty to rid the plant of any excess "salts"...

Again, not saying anything BAD about organics, just saying it's a process.. and the process ends up in mineral form anyway.. lol.

If you use quality products either organic or chemical, it'll end well..

Thanks man,

I just hope people don't think I'm dissin Organics.. I'm not.. I explained that..

It's just on a cellular level, the plant really doesn't care..

I was pricing out organic hydro ferts... If you want to stray away from the "system" then you can get away pretty inexpensively.. BUT, if you follow the "recommendations" you end up with all sorts of additives and bio-life mixers... WHY...

To break down the organics into plant available compounds.. (again, poop don't pass..lol)

Cheers,

I hope I didn't ruffle to many feathers.. lol.

I use fox farms - brow big, big bloom and tiger bloom. Bio Root by GH, Boombastic, Hi-Brix by Earth Juice, Siperthrive and worm casting tea.

Over the past few grows I have tried many products, in many different combination's, in side by side grows.. and this set up works best for me.

• 3 months later...

I'm using Med Grow super soil mix.

Using General Hydro 3 part, heard so many bad things about Advanced Nutrients, figured I go old school for my first grow.

I'm using Floralicious, Floranectar, and Liquid Kool Bloom.

Also using Thrive Alive, and Great White.

So far so good, very good, don't want to count those chickens before the hatch, but my ladies are looking mighty fine :D

i started super simple, kinda like WingDings. I am trying to be all organic as well. I am in Happy Frog Potting Soil. I have been using the Age Old Kelp, Grow, and Bloom, with some Earth Juice Catalyst in bloom. I am using some Roots Organic Oregonism as an added mycorrhiza to break down all of the organics. (like what Sublime said - poop don't pass)

I am interested in using Earth Juice products next time out. I may end up going to Humboldt products later. But they are wicked expensive, and take a lot more finesse with plants that i just don't have yet. I am also really leaning towards moving to DWC Buckets within the next three grows. I am gonna have too see how the Final Product turns out this time, and how much of a budget i have left to put in to the next grow. (medicine is NEVER cheap! LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

I use and like Technaflora

Started out 3 years with their Recipe For Sucess kit and have never looked back.

Boost

Grow

Bloom

Awesome Blossom

Magi Cal

B1 Green

Liquid Karma (running low on Sugar Daddy one day and the guy at the Hydro store sold me LK as a substitute.)

Sensizyme

Black Strap Molasses

Soiless and Hempy Buckets w/perlite/coco mix

Only complaint would be that the plants maintain their green color right up to harvest. Working on reducing N (cutting back on Boost) as I go through flower.

Archived