Quack Or Fiction?

A doctors reputation is usually very important to him/her self. If there is any blame to be laid on the Medical Profession, maybe we should start by including the many ways there are to usurp their decision process.

They are certainley under even more scrutiny than we are. They have to protect their Licenses from the same desparados we formerly scirmished with for our own personal freedoms the Federal Government in particular the DEA.

Not to mention Malpractice Insurance another Liability they must address because of the power of the Insurance Companies. So its not like the type of Medicine of Old, except sometimes when you go see them it is in your best interest and hopefully he makes you feel a little better about something or can recomend someone who can.

Not to mention I'm sure there are many New Doctors out there fresh out of College (Like 20 yrs worth) with hefty Student Loan Obligations to saddle their ambitions a little ...

We will never ever have enough doctors.

When you went to the surgeon, he had the records from your primary care physician. Right? He reviewed that info to make an educated, professional decision relative to your course of treatment. Follow? Would he recommend surgery simply because you "said" that you needed it? No. He relied upon the documentation supporting the diagnosis of the doctor who was responsible for your care.

The POINT is that some of the MM cert clinic Drs do not require ANY records. They don't even require that a patient be under the care of a primary care physician. The only documentation you need is a couple of Franklins! Any reputable Dr. would REQUIRE some kind of documentation to verify the qualifying condition under which to certify a patient for MM.

As it is, my perfectly healthy 18 year old son can walk in an get certified for a lifelong drug problem as long as he has cold hard cash! I guess I am the only one concerned about that.

This is true, I agree nobody should be written a certification without any medical records. If they do have a qualifying condition they really do need to be under the care of a primary physician to look out for there overall health. Unless the physician willing to write the certification is also willing to become there primary care physician, properly treat and diagnose them, and monitor there health, they should not be just handing out the certification- that is not a service to the patient at all, or to the Medical Marijuana Program.

When you went to the surgeon, he had the records from your primary care physician. Right? He reviewed that info to make an educated, professional decision relative to your course of treatment. Follow? Would he recommend surgery simply because you "said" that you needed it? No. He relied upon the documentation supporting the diagnosis of the doctor who was responsible for your care.

The POINT is that some of the MM cert clinic Drs do not require ANY records. They don't even require that a patient be under the care of a primary care physician. The only documentation you need is a couple of Franklins! Any reputable Dr. would REQUIRE some kind of documentation to verify the qualifying condition under which to certify a patient for MM.

As it is, my perfectly healthy 18 year old son can walk in an get certified for a lifelong drug problem as long as he has cold hard cash! I guess I am the only one concerned about that.

He can do that with a good amount of pharma-poison too. And I would rather have a "lifelong drug problem" on Cannabis, then with ANY OTHER PHARMA POISON OUT THERE!!! At lest my "drug problem" is natural, safe, and effective with NO chance of death.... But then again, its just as easy for your son to walk down the road to a dealers house, go in for Cannabis, without checking ID or Card, and then trying to get them to buy Cannabis, Meth, Crack, Coke, Herion, or whatever else he is selling.... I guess that is better huh? How about this, maybe educate your son, maybe with good parenting he will turn away from a "lifelong drug problem". (I am not saying that you have not done this, but Education is key)

Just how many clinics will certify you without records or even a primary physician? Do you have a number, addresses, anything to substantiate this claim? It's my understanding those are far and few between here in Michigan if at all. Perhaps these patients are truly in need of medicine and cannot afford the doctors visits. Not all of us have medical insurance but if examined there is clearly an established condition that warrants the recommendation. Thats what compassion is all about, the ability of a doctor to "see" a patient is in need of medical help.

Not in L.A. you just walk in and pick your ailment off the list on the wall, pay your $45.00 and get your card the same day. Now that seems a bit more easy that we have here. There are people everywhere that will work the system to get what they want. The same goes for over zealous 18 year olds that think MM is strictly recreational and it's our job as parents to make sure we teach them better. I really can't see many 18 year olds shelling out $200.00 just to get legal....it's easier to find it on the streets for less money and less quality than medical M.

Dizz

Guest Medicinal Patient

I too wonder who exactly the original poster is referring to. Even if some Drs would like to pass out recs like candies thats a sure bet to getting busted and maybe even having their license suspended. Altho I am not sure if it could go that far. I just don't see it happening like this really. There is too many risks involved. I saw Dr Crocker from Michigan Holistic Health and he spent atleast 10-15 minutes with me and taking vitals and going over pain history and methods already tried to relieve these pains and how these pains have affected my life both physically and mentally. He also educated me on the laws and the best ways to consume my medicine. And the possibilities of MHH expanding to offer more services as suggested by the poll on their website. He spent more time getting to know me and showed compassion and understanding unlike my primary Dr or any other dr I have ever come across to tell you the truth. And his visit was cheaper than what my primary bills me. AND I got more results from seeing Dr Crocker over ANY other dr I have ever been a patient of. His staff was very personable and they made you feel comfortable being there. It almost didn't even feel like a Drs office, which is a GOOD thing! I say this because they weren't "robots" like I have experienced at drs offices. Felt very relaxed- with no meds even. They Care.

How well is a patient really evaluated for any pain medication? If I go into a doctor with a migraine headache the chances I will get vicodin is pretty good. And the evaluation is not much more than taking your blood pressure, heart rate, and an interview. I actually see the requirement of bringing chart notes from three previous visits from your primary doctor to be overkill when compared to what most doctors will require to write a pain prescription.

Let's not fall into the trap where WE attempt to judge the doctors who are helping us. The anti MMJ people will do that for us. They will use this as dishonest propaganda to try to get people to repeal or greatly restrict the MMMJ law. Always remember that ANY prescription medicine can and will be abused. Singling out MMJ because of the possibility that a patient gets it dishonestly for recreational use but ignore or even deny that happens with every pain medication is a fallacy of distraction that ignores facts that do not support their premise.

There are Patients that need the MMJ for health needs not on the list yet. I do not believe they should have to suffer or be illegal. Could someone please PM me any info for such a Dr in the Metro Detroit area that can recognize the need without documentation? Unfortunately the Office I use will not set an appt for them without previous diagnosis and paperwork.

Thanks in advance!

I can't tell if GoneGreenbrb and MMCN are the same people, but I just want to make it clear....neither one is me under a different screen name.

Let's see, Joined on the same date? Check

Share the same I.P. address? Check.

Agree with and support each others position? Check.

Only posted in this thread and one similar one? Check.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a troll.

If a person obtains their Michigan Medical Marijuana certifications on potentially questionable grounds, that means that their conditions are at best questionable.

I have issues with those who would ask “what condition can I use to assure certification?”, or “which doctor is the easiest to get a certification from?” these are the people who are less verse in the law, and quick to complain once busted.

My biggest issues concern doctors. What with the “no records, no problem”, and “for a few extra hundreds, you too can have a card” attitude? I guess the question is, what is a "full assessment?"

If a person obtains their Michigan Medical Marijuana certifications on potentially questionable grounds, that means that their conditions are at best questionable.

I have issues with those who would ask “what condition can I use to assure certification?”, or “which doctor is the easiest to get a certification from?” these are the people who are less verse in the law, and quick to complain once busted.

My biggest issues concern doctors. What with the “no records, no problem”, and “for a few extra hundreds, you too can have a card” attitude? I guess the question is, what is a "full assessment?"

My only question is what other doctor requires three chart notes from another doctor to prescribe you vicodin? Most times you can get that prescription in an emergency room with a 5 minute checkup for a migraine headache. I think it is all ready more difficult to get a MMJ recommendation than a prescription for other pain meds. Funny thing is my regular doctor has no problem giving me oxycoytain but would not recommend MMJ. How ignorant is that?

I don't want to get into the position where the state is making the decision by trying to judge if someone is in enough pain to warrant a recommendation. Sure some people are probably abusing the system just like they do to get other prescription drugs.

Let's see, Joined on the same date? CheckShare the same I.P. address? Check. Agree with and support each others position? Check.Only posted in this thread and one similar one? Check.If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a troll.

Please clarify that you are talking about the aformentioned posters, and not me. Thanks.

I have a question. Why is it $200 in Michigan for a Doctor's rec and only $90 in Colorado?

I think these clinics that charge $200-$250 for a rec are ripping people off.

It's BS.

It does seem a bit high. But, these doctors are going out on a limb and risking their 8+ years of education and experience on getting patients legal. To me, some may be opportunists, but most are really risking a lot here. i say it's fair market price until the majority of practicing physicians decide that it is good medicine to break people from the Big Pharma teet, and let them grow their own medicine!

Please clarify that you are talking about the aformentioned posters, and not me. Thanks.

I quoted you in the first post, you were asking about those other two guys, I was confirming your suspicions. Sorry for any confusion.

It does seem a bit high. But, these doctors are going out on a limb and risking their 8+ years of education and experience on getting patients legal. To me, some may be opportunists, but most are really risking a lot here. i say it's fair market price until the majority of practicing physicians decide that it is good medicine to break people from the Big Pharma teet, and let them grow their own medicine!

I agree. I know the one I go to is a single doctor in an office paying his own malpractice insurance. I don't know how they are doing it in CO for $90 but knowing what I know about the medical business my guess is he is not getting rich off that $200 per patient. I'm sure he is making some money and has an added benefit of not having to do rounds at the hospital that most doctors practicing family medicine have to do. I am just as sure that being under the spot light has some down sides that we have not even thought about.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. Why is it $200 in Michigan for a Doctor's rec and only $90 in Colorado?

I think these clinics that charge $200-$250 for a rec are ripping people off.

It's BS.

Since I am currently in CO I can shed some light on this. I think that you might be a little confused on the prices in Colorado compared to Michigan. $90 is what the state of CO charges for issuing the card. I think its $100 in Michigan. So in that sense its almost the same price.

Unless you were actually talking about $90 doctor fees and since its the same price as the state fee I might of got confused (sorry). You can get doctor recommendations in CO from $0 to $200. Most places charge about $100, some of the other ones that will write you higher plant count numbers are from $150 to $200. With that being said almost everyone I know has got it for free. Caregivers are always looking for patients and plenty of them in CO will pay for your rec if you sign them up as your primary.

Another reason that I think that the recommendations might be cheaper in CO is that a doc can see up to 20 or 30 people an hour since its much easier to get cards in CO. I am sure with the MI docs its a little tougher and time consuming for the compassionate docs.

MI patients that plan on getting their cards should talk to some caregivers about covering there card and state fees. Patients that are able to give plant numbers to caregivers have much more power than they usually think. Dont ever forget that the patients hold all the cards in systems like CO and MI.

You saying that by your 18 yo son getting a cert for mj will result in a life long drug problem? That's misinformation and propaganda. Mj is non addictive and probably one of the safest drugs anyone could ever ingest. And it hasn't been my experience that just anyone can get one. But I guess there are ppl out there fueled by greed so its possible but the more ppl we have in the m.m.m program the harder its going to be for them to just take it away.

*edit* my bad I didn't see someone already made these points lol oops!

Guest Wayne

Marijuana is a bigoted word incorporated into American legalize and language by the likes of Harry Anslinger. "Crazed Mexican's will kill your family for MARIJUANA". Cannabis sativa and it's relatives are an herb with very mild psychodelic side effects. It may be psychologically addictive to some much like sex, gambling, etc can be psychologically addicting. It has no physical addiction properties whatsoever. Quit for four years in the recent past due to contractual drug testing. My wife has severe symptoms when withdrawing from nicotine, she didn't even notice when I quit. Anything can be abused. Responsible use just like alcohol but without the risk of poisoning yourself to death. Quit buying into the propoganda, read, there is plenty of scientific and anectdotal evidence to support what this community is telling you.

Archived