Hoekstra Letter To Me,you Decide

wolfgang

Dear Ms. Wolf,

Thank you for contacting me about medical marijuana. I apologize for the unintentional delay in my response to you.

As you know, the people of Michigan voted to allow medical marijuana. As it currently stands, there are some outstanding issues that must be addressed to ensure that it is strictly used for medicinal purposes.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I appreciate you letting me know how this issue personally impacts you.

I read that as saying:

"As it currently stands, there are some outstanding issues that must be addressed to ensure that it is more difficult for patients to get because I don't agree with the voters but I don't want to say so because if I did it might impact my ability to get reelected."

But I am a cynic.

I read that as saying:

"As it currently stands, there are some outstanding issues that must be addressed to ensure that it is more difficult for patients to get because I don't agree with the voters but I don't want to say so because if I did it might impact my ability to get reelected."

But I am a cynic.

nope I think you read right between the lines.

The will of the people was clear when the ballot initiative passed by as

large of a margin as it did. I support the will of the people to allow

marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes only and the law should be

enforced as such.

Sincerely,

Virg

I'm voting for Virg - or whoever the democratic nominee is - because they are the party that is the lesser of two evils. With that being said I think all of the choices suck.

Im still scratching my head PB,huh? am I having a gray moment? :blink: :blink:

Back in the day, that was the way that things were mass produced.

Way before xerox ..

They'd bring in a test for the class. Seemed everyone wanted to sniff the fumes from the paper. Some teachers would go nuts if people were sniffing mimo fluid.

Back in the day, that was the way that things were mass produced.

Way before xerox ..

They'd bring in a test for the class. Seemed everyone wanted to sniff the fumes from the paper. Some teachers would go nuts if people were sniffing mimo fluid.

ohhhhh,now Im getting it........and I do remeber smelling the copies,just forgot the name.

Sounds like they were sniffing fumes! I wish I was more than a local politician....That is a BS respone so people can read into it what they want! My consultants are constantly on me about my 'views', how I dress and god forbid don't broadcast how you love fast cars, fast boats and rock n roll. Try to 'act' your age.... I'm not that old yet! 'We' are taught to give vague answers to cover our butts for both sides of the fence. One would think if just one politician would openly support our cause it would be that person who will be elected. The numbers don't lie!

Dizz

Sounds like they were sniffing fumes! I wish I was more than a local politician....That is a BS respone so people can read into it what they want! My consultants are constantly on me about my 'views', how I dress and god forbid don't broadcast how you love fast cars, fast boats and rock n roll. Try to 'act' your age.... I'm not that old yet! 'We' are taught to give vague answers to cover our butts for both sides of the fence. One would think if just one politician would openly support our cause it would be that person who will be elected. The numbers don't lie!

Dizz

thats exactly what I told him we are a growing force to be reckoned with,and I know plenty of ppl as well that dont use for them selves but it may be helping someone they love and because it is the will of the PEOPLE leave it alone,the PEOPLE have voted,and that is what the nin-kan-poops are forgetting.

Why can't we get one politician that is pro-marijuana?? What is wrong with this world??

In this state? Few lack the guts to do so, or, realize that it would make it more difficult for them to get elected and just choose not to.

If they were a Republican, their own party would think they were crazy, they would get ostracized, and never win even a primary election.

If they were a Democrat, they would get roasted by Republicans LEO unions in all kinds of ways as being soft on drugs, soft on crime. Hell, in these days they would get painted as a dope smoking commie! lol

party lines mean nothing to me,repub,dem,makes no difference to me. Hoekstra is a puppet,nothing more nothing less. I think you were spot on in reading between the lines of his statement to me. He pretty much said as well we had no idea what we were voting for,and THEY need to make stricter REGULATIONS(another word I detest).

party lines mean nothing to me,repub,dem,makes no difference to me. Hoekstra is a puppet,nothing more nothing less. I think you were spot on in reading between the lines of his statement to me. He pretty much said as well we had no idea what we were voting for,and THEY need to make stricter REGULATIONS(another word I detest).

I think he would have been better off not responding to your letter! all he did was pretty much say he dont think the voters no anything about this and he is going to try and change the laws!

Phaq him!:sword:

FTW

Peace!

Jim

Dizz

Had to read that a couple of times ..

OK .. his response, not mine lol

My response was to imply the letter may have been mass produced and sent out to many people. With a tongue in cheek suggestion to detect said mass production.

All the incumbents care about right now is retaining their "cushy" job with all the "perks" they collect thanks to the tax payers of this state. It will be interesting to see if just one of them comes out and states that they fully support MM or the legalization. These guy's have hight paid consultants to stage every that comes out of their mouth written or not. If they can't take a stand one way or the other then they have no business in politics IMHO.

Dizz

All the incumbents care about right now is retaining their "cushy" job with all the "perks" they collect thanks to the tax payers of this state. It will be interesting to see if just one of them comes out and states that they fully support MM or the legalization. These guy's have hight paid consultants to stage every that comes out of their mouth written or not. If they can't take a stand one way or the other then they have no business in politics IMHO.

Dizz

LOL CA government workers to get minimum wage for the rest of the year.

Do these blowhards think we don't vote? Well we do! MW

The problem is most people vote on how a politician makes them "feel" and not on how their past voting record is. A politician who can make people feel good is likely to get votes but a politician who can make people angry by scapegoating "other" people is likely to get more votes. If everyone would look at the past voting record we would have a whole new government.

BTW have you ever wondered why all the presidents in recent years are coming from being state governors and not congressmen like they did before Lincolns time? It is because Governors don't have a big voting record that can be scrutinized.

Dear Ms. Wolf,

Thank you for contacting me about medical marijuana. I apologize for the unintentional delay in my response to you.

As you know, the people of Michigan voted to allow medical marijuana. As it currently stands, there are some outstanding issues that must be addressed to ensure that it is strictly used for medicinal purposes.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I appreciate you letting me know how this issue personally impacts you.

Sounds like he is OK with it as long as it is only for medical use..Not a bad thing. However we need someone who will just plain decriminalize it all together in this state...If only for budget purposes.

Archived