Compa$$Ion Has A Price Tag!

Today I'm at a crossroads in my journey down the NEW MMJ road. I'm new to this movement and truly embrace the concept of compassion. I have ventured out from the safe confines of my very guarded life and tested the waters of compassion by going to clubs and visiting with people whom I would have never even spoken with had it not been for MMJ. I aquired a new word that seems to be tossed around among the MMJ community - COMPASSION. Hmmm, I think I like the concept of compassion. Actually, I embraced it. My first steps into this underground world were in true compassion. I believed that compassion existed and sought it out. I found a few compassionate people on my journey, and for you few, I'm very grateful.

As for COMPASSION at every level in the MMJ community, it does'nt exist!!! Don't get me wrong, it's out there, but very little. I'm at a crossroads today simply because I have been seeing more about $$MONEY$$ than anything. I've been un-emplyed for about 3-4 years now and I have very little money, if any. I scape up a few dollars here and there and doing odd jobs dealing with painting, but its hardy enough to participate in "comp$$ion clubs" and the constant need for them to fee this and donate that. I've been lucky enough some times to show up at a club and get blessed with compassion when all I had is 15 for a gram and got a free one which enabled me to spend the 15 on gas or something else productive. Some people may think, why am I spending my last 15 on medz. The answer is simple, Medication.

I've met some decent people and then I've met the ones who are now starting to see how broke I am and are starting to ignore me. Some people won't even answer there phone because I have no money. I'm not to proud to ask for a gram when I'm out, but it's hard to do ALL the time. I wish I had the money to donate to the growers and clubs and whoever else needs help, but I'm stuck for now. So being in my situation, should I just stop going to the Compassion clubs and stop socializing with my NEW friends simply because I have no money? Should I be without medz ALL the time due to lack of funds? Is there truly compassion out there? I'm at a crossroads because I love the meetings and the compassin clubs. I love all the people who go there and the good people I've met. I feel I have some new friends there and would like to continue to be a part of this movement but my lack of funds now has me feeling like a mooch. I'm getting the feeling that if I aint got any money, then I shouldnt go. Is this compassion? Do I need money to feel this compassion? Does compassion have a price tag?

Well thanks for reading, for those of you who know me and may read this, if you're one of those COMPA$$IONATE people, than Peace, I don't need your compa$$ion, I'll move on to those whom I feel are truly compassionate about this movement. I won't bother you compa$$ionate people anymore with my trivial grams and desire to learn about true compassion. Plus, the level of stress from all the in fighting and club -vs- club atmosphere will be eliminated from my life.

I've come to realize there's two types of people in this MMJ movement.

1. Truly compassionate people who care and are interested in YOU not your pocketbook

2. Money hungry ex-dealers who want every dime they can squeeze out of people in need.

Peace and smoke something, if you can afford it!!!

Guest thequietone

Don't give up hope Maiingan there are truly compassionate people out there. yes their are lots of people with $$ in their eyes, but I think there are more compassionate people out there. If you lived closer to the west side of the state I would help you whether you could pay or not.

Don't give up hope Maiingan there are truly compassionate people out there. yes their are lots of people with $$ in their eyes, but I think there are more compassionate people out there. If you lived closer to the west side of the state I would help you whether you could pay or not.

Hey man, I appreciate your comment as well as your sincerity, Peace

Maiingan, If I were a caregiver I'd help people like you, because I know it's not about the money. It saddens me to see messages like yours, I know if it were me, I'd have to quit the meetings due to the stress, then I'd give myself time to unwind from it all, then I'd consider trying to find people who were genuinely compassionate to start a club with.

Sb

Thanks SB, I'll live, lol, just had to put it out there, this madness has to stop $$$$$ has no place in compassion, compensation Yes, but a dollar for everything all the time is exhausting. Money for door fee, donation fee, application fee, speaking fee, breathing fee and on and on

Maiingan, I'm glad you spoke out. I've had experiences like that with other situations, some refused to help unless I paid, badgered me so bad I quit in disgust. I'm also glad you spoke up about Native spirituality too, it's about time people stopped assuming things they know nothing about. For the few things I know about it, I realize as an outsider I can never truly understand. All I know is I wish people would treat eachother with respect, and at least be tolerant of those they may dislike. I hope you can find some truly compassionate people who will stick by you even in hard times.

Sb

Thanks SB, I'll live, lol, just had to put it out there, this madness has to stop $$$$$ has no place in compassion, compensation Yes, but a dollar for everything all the time is exhausting. Money for door fee, donation fee, application fee, speaking fee, breathing fee and on and on

i hear you their some time when i do not have the 2 dollars to get in i stand out side and talk to people that go in and we are on the front lines

i go to one on sundays that don't charge us so their are some

Really you guys are blessed, just in the fact that you have them. Them being Compassion Clubs, Meetings, rallys, other folks that you can meet with, shake hands with, medicate with..or even ASK to get a gram from.

I am not being unsympathetic at all, please don't take it that way. Up here though, we are truly alone and terrified, out of touch, and behind pace. Maybe I would do more good downstate!

Sometimes it might be hard to find compassion. I am thankful that I have found a compassionate CG, but that is my best friend also, and I have known him for a long time, I have helped him out many different times, and I do not expect a handout, he is forcing it on me... but he knows the situation that I am in. (Things did get messed up, but will be back on track after 1 month) I would say if your meeting people you dont know, then you will probably find a lot of compassion for a price. Yes there are people out there willing to donate and help, but they are very few and far between from what I have been reading and a lot that are willing, like me, dont have much, but I am willing to try to help people that are worse off than I am. I guess I dont think I have it to bad, but I know people worse. But there are compassionate people are out there. Keep looking there Maiingan, you will find someone. You have any very close friends that can grow for you, or are you growing now and waiting for harvest?

And Petoskey is right, we are so spread thin up north that, well I will put it this way, the closest K-Mart is 29 miles and the closest Walmart is 27 miles away from the middle of the town I live in, and I live about 5 miles away from that......

Guest finallyfree09

Today I'm at a crossroads in my journey down the NEW MMJ road. I'm new to this movement and truly embrace the concept of compassion. I have ventured out from the safe confines of my very guarded life and tested the waters of compassion by going to clubs and visiting with people whom I would have never even spoken with had it not been for MMJ. I aquired a new word that seems to be tossed around among the MMJ community - COMPASSION. Hmmm, I think I like the concept of compassion. Actually, I embraced it. My first steps into this underground world were in true compassion. I believed that compassion existed and sought it out. I found a few compassionate people on my journey, and for you few, I'm very grateful.

As for COMPASSION at every level in the MMJ community, it does'nt exist!!! Don't get me wrong, it's out there, but very little. I'm at a crossroads today simply because I have been seeing more about $$MONEY$$ than anything. I've been un-emplyed for about 3-4 years now and I have very little money, if any. I scape up a few dollars here and there and doing odd jobs dealing with painting, but its hardy enough to participate in "comp$$ion clubs" and the constant need for them to fee this and donate that. I've been lucky enough some times to show up at a club and get blessed with compassion when all I had is 15 for a gram and got a free one which enabled me to spend the 15 on gas or something else productive. Some people may think, why am I spending my last 15 on medz. The answer is simple, Medication.

I've met some decent people and then I've met the ones who are now starting to see how broke I am and are starting to ignore me. Some people won't even answer there phone because I have no money. I'm not to proud to ask for a gram when I'm out, but it's hard to do ALL the time. I wish I had the money to donate to the growers and clubs and whoever else needs help, but I'm stuck for now. So being in my situation, should I just stop going to the Compassion clubs and stop socializing with my NEW friends simply because I have no money? Should I be without medz ALL the time due to lack of funds? Is there truly compassion out there? I'm at a crossroads because I love the meetings and the compassin clubs. I love all the people who go there and the good people I've met. I feel I have some new friends there and would like to continue to be a part of this movement but my lack of funds now has me feeling like a mooch. I'm getting the feeling that if I aint got any money, then I shouldnt go. Is this compassion? Do I need money to feel this compassion? Does compassion have a price tag?

Well thanks for reading, for those of you who know me and may read this, if you're one of those COMPA$$IONATE people, than Peace, I don't need your compa$$ion, I'll move on to those whom I feel are truly compassionate about this movement. I won't bother you compa$$ionate people anymore with my trivial grams and desire to learn about true compassion. Plus, the level of stress from all the in fighting and club -vs- club atmosphere will be eliminated from my life.

1. Truly compassionate people who care and are interested in YOU not your pocketbook

2. Money hungry ex-dealers who want every dime they can squeeze out of people in need.

i am sorta right there with you brother. i have been to a couple compassion club meetings but found that we are all bummin. i cant afford meds either but i just don't have the guts to ask anybody to help me. i get stuck buying commercial which is something that urks the heck out of me because i don't want to support criminals but.. with the dispensaries charging $400/oz or more i have no other choice. even then i really cant afford the commersh but what am i supposed to do?

you are DEFINITELY onto something with your compassion vs compa$$ion theory. i dont even know what to say about it other than stating that we are all PATIENTS not recreational users. i got my card so i could try to grow and save my money for more important things like food or bills. well... i still ccant grow cuz my room needs a few more things and i cant afford to get those things because i am getting RIPPED OFF on meds. $400/ oz???!!! gimme a break! compassion? i don't think so. on top of aal that i am allergic to opioids so the only relief i can find is motrin. doesn't work so well anymore. i imagine it won't considering i go thru a large bottle of it every week.i cant even go to the dr to get help. why spend 80 or 90 bux just to get a $2 prescription of motrin?

i grew up in oakland county man... spent the first 16 years of my life in that place. should i get my room goin i will try to help you. but alas... its gonna be a while. hang in there man... it'll all work out somehow. idk how but it will i am sure. :notfair:

Guest Marywanna

Really you guys are blessed, just in the fact that you have them. Them being Compassion Clubs, Meetings, rallys, other folks that you can meet with, shake hands with, medicate with..or even ASK to get a gram from.

I am not being unsympathetic at all, please don't take it that way. Up here though, we are truly alone and terrified, out of touch, and behind pace. Maybe I would do more good downstate!

Oh we are all scared down here too.I am too scared to reach out to anybody but my own CG,and I am thankful that I have him. I have had to turn to my Drs and get dangerous pain meds that make me puke. I don't tell anyone I have my card,including Drs. The only one that knows is my card approval Dr. Now hubs is losing his job next month,so there goes my insurance. I am hoarding my RXs and ostomy supplies,who knows if he will even find another job. So I guess I will have to apply for disability now. By time they get to my case I will probably be dead.This blows chunks. I worked most of my adult life,why should I have to jump thru these useless time wasting hoops?

So I guess I will have to apply for disability now don't Waite to long when Torey filed for hers it took two years i know how every one feels people are scared to help any one out when i got the call the other day about Leo coming in on the guy that call them for his B&E

he needed Meds and lives close to me but when Leo took all his paper work how can i help it's not that i have Meds to give because am not a caregiver i have just begun to get my own grow going after are Raid over 1.5 years now I sure wish i could help him

Thanks SB, I'll live, lol, just had to put it out there, this madness has to stop $$$ has no place in compassion, compensation Yes, but a dollar for everything all the time is exhausting. Money for door fee, donation fee, application fee, speaking fee, breathing fee and on and on

Bummer. Have yet to attend ANY CC meetings. (they usually conflict with my classes) Doesn't sound good, but don't give up hope! Where there is a will there is a way!

So many of us are in similar situations.

I have resigned myself to going to as many

different venues as necessary, meeting new

folks, sampling available meds. I really

enjoy meeting new people, engaging in

interesting convo's, sampling, et al. I am

going to keep the faith that I will find

the person I need to, or... they will be

sent my way.... until then I will pay what

I can when I can.

My issue is when attending a CC and

having discussions w/potential CG's

is: how is it compassionate for them

to just quote a set price and feel that

is compassion towards a patient, as

we all have different requirements?

I, at that point will thank that person

and gracefully move

on to a new person or location.

I lost my life long CG 3ys. ago and

am now adrift upon this sea and

am now just testing the waters.

There will always be the vultures hovering.

Be cautious yet not too wary, put on your

biggest smile, hold your head high and

try to keep your faith in your brothers

and sisters. A positive attitude and

kind words will take you a long way :)

I am unable to grow @ this point yet, I

read everything I can on the subject,

have a mean green thumb and as soon

as I have a "safe(?)" place to cultivate,

I will.

At the point I'm able to recoup,

at least in part, my initial investment,

any available meds will go to those

in need. This is my credo in life anyway;

if I have and you need... I share.

Please don't take this as "tooting my

own horn" as anyone who knows me will

say, not so. I am letting you know that

there are many people who are willing to

help, and will when they are able.

Please don't give up....

Positive vibes brother

Good Message " Maiingan "

Alot of Truth to what you Said....

Very Sad ,

But it requires effort ,

Sometimes we all have to dig through a ton of Chit

to find what we Need....

Nothing has been Easy All My Life...

I've had to Learn MANY THINGS the HARD WAY ....

Our Meeting is Open to the Public...

Our Membership is Small....

We have No Money ...

But i have NEVER NOT Helped Someone in Need ...

We useally have Food at our Meetings ...

Free Coffee ... Lots of Fellowship ...

I Never Charge anyone to find Help ....

I'm on Disability and things are very tight here....

We Need a New Water Well .... and i don't have $3500.oo

But i 'll figure it out... I'm in the mid of trying

to remodel my home , But i take as much time out

of my Life to Help Others, Sometimes Charity begins at Home ...

Don't Give Up " Maiingan " If you want it Bad Enough , You'll find it ...

Their out there ... Not Many of Us Ol Timers Left ....

Wow, thanks for all or your comments EVEYONE, I went to another compassion club meeting yesterday afternoon and let me say, It WAS one of the best times I've had in a awhile. There was a free Bubble Hash seminar with sampling at the end. Met some good people and had some great conversations. I'm slowly starting to find FRIENDS who care more about money in this movement and its a breath of fresh air. I've found a few good people and I know most importantly now I must have patience. I'm trying not to offend anyone with my posts, but sometimes I feel the truth must be put out there. It's wierd, not a word from the golddiggers in a cpl of days. Just instantly dissappeared from my life. Less stress anyways. I've found a good place to be anyways and found a few good oldtimers and old school people to socialize with, afterall, most of the time we all just want to belong and chat right?

Well Thanks again, Peace!!!

Good Deal " Maiingan "

One Thing I 've learn about this New Way of Life is :

That you will Learn to have Patience ...

~ Takes Time to get all your Medical Records ...

~ Take 4 months to get your Card ...

~ Takes Time to Learn about Growing Successfully ....

~ Takes Time to find Answers ...

~ Takes Time to meet People that have Similar Hopes and Dreams ...

~ Take Time and Effort to meet Friends and more Effort to

trust each other and to find that bond ...

Your Right , People Need to hear the Truth ,

Not Always Do they Like it ....

There is Alot of Danger out there ...

and We Must be Really Carefull WHO WE TRUST ...

There are are Lot of People in this for the Wrong Reason...

But at the same time there are People out there that NEED

OUR HELP BADLY ... Many of Us are Struggling ...

Good Deal " Maiingan "

One Thing I 've learn about this New Way of Life is :

That you will Learn to have Patience ...

~ Takes Time to get all your Medical Records ...

~ Take 4 months to get your Card ...

~ Takes Time to Learn about Growing Successfully ....

~ Takes Time to find Answers ...

~ Takes Time to meet People that have Similar Hopes and Dreams ...

~ Take Time and Effort to meet Friends and more Effort to

trust each other and to find that bond ...

Your Right , People Need to hear the Truth ,

Not Always Do they Like it ....

There is Alot of Danger out there ...

and We Must be Really Carefull WHO WE TRUST ...

There are are Lot of People in this for the Wrong Reason...

But at the same time there are People out there that NEED

OUR HELP BADLY ... Many of Us are Struggling ...

I hate you mods not being able to be repped....ugh, +1

Has anyone offered to teach you to be self sufficient?

I went thru almost a year a 4 very bad CG's before I said enough was enough and grew my own.

I Got started for less than $200. The whole setup is still under $500. My space is ridiculously small too. I had a

mentor that helped me here and there if leaf look weird i called him. Four crops in now I have not killed anything yet

and have produced some fantastic meds. I have a perfect perpetual harvest going where I harvest 2 plants every month

for 3-4 oz's. So I offer to teach a man to fish, so to speak . What do you say?

Very interesting Post. I have given much thought to the compassion care clubs--I am not a joiner/nor especially social person--but--I was thinkin maybe there would be people like me there also--after all--us mmj users do sometimes tend to be a private bunch. My hesitation in doing so --is played out in your post--I was afraid it would be more about profit & cliches than real compassion for patients who do not have funds nor the means to grow thier own. I totally understand about the "mooch" feeling as i have stressed about where my next meds would come from--anyone who knows that feeling can totally relate. I'm glad I took the time to read thru & get some information. I have chosen to grow my own--No caregiver--to me seems like the best way to go -you only have to be a "mooch" till your first crop comes in--then keep it going--No middle man--no clubs--just you & your meds--Best of luck to you & thanks for the Post!!

Hey maiingan, don't keep good compassion clubs under your hat...let the world know who they are...

We here at the BACC started this club to keep the compa$$ion out of the compassion work that needs to be done. We have been able to maintain that ideal, however, the opposing forces are trying to usurp us from every corner. From what I understand, there is a concerted effort to bring the true compassion clubs down, or to take them over. Well, we refuse to fall for thier b.s., will not bow down to thier master $$$$. Let them try thier nastiest tricks on us, we are ready. We will not succumb to the all mighty dollar.

I realized yesterday that I have many friends who "walk the red road", I was very fortunate, I was gifted a powerful companion in my walk along the road. An American Indian princess gave me one of her Grandfather's bear claws, from his last kill. This strong symbol will help me to keep my eyes on that road and protect me from some of the evils that await me. Thank you Julie! Thank you Sister White Turtle...I will bear this symbol proudly, yet humbly...

"Hear me, four quarters of the world--a relative I am! Give me the strength to walk the soft earth, a relative to all that is! Give me the eyes to see and the strength to understand, that I may be like you. With your power only can I face the winds. Great Spirit, Great Spirit, my Grandfather, all over the earth the faces of living things are all alike. With tenderness have these come up out of the ground. Look upon these faces of children without number and with children in their arms, that they may face the wind and walk the good road to the day of quiet. This is my prayer; hear me!" -
Black Elk's Prayer for All Life

Lone Man [isna la-wica] (late 19th century) of the Teton Sioux said, "I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself."

Thank you for sharing your story...important...very important...

Peace...j.b.

Wow, thanks for all or your comments EVEYONE, I went to another compassion club meeting yesterday afternoon and let me say, It WAS one of the best times I've had in a awhile. There was a free Bubble Hash seminar with sampling at the end. Met some good people and had some great conversations. I'm slowly starting to find FRIENDS who care more about money in this movement and its a breath of fresh air. I've found a few good people and I know most importantly now I must have patience. I'm trying not to offend anyone with my posts, but sometimes I feel the truth must be put out there. It's wierd, not a word from the golddiggers in a cpl of days. Just instantly dissappeared from my life. Less stress anyways. I've found a good place to be anyways and found a few good oldtimers and old school people to socialize with, afterall, most of the time we all just want to belong and chat right?

Well Thanks again, Peace!!!

Come to Lansing this Sat. for "GREEN MARKET" I heard they have meds for 250 to 350 and lots of clinics near by worth a trip for out of towners....

Capitol City Compassion Club (CCCC) advocates, assists, and educates folks about Michigan medical use cannabis. Our open meetings offer a place for caregivers and patients to meet and build trusting, informative relationships in our community. Our twice-monthly meetings are open to all. Whether you are a patient, caregiver, or simply someone looking for information, come and visit with us and stay informed.

We is proud to announce the Medical Marijuana Safe Transfer Center. Bring your extra clones, overages, and anything else a medical marijuana patient may desire to transfer to other patient members. Patients will be allowed exercise their privileges under the 2008 Michigan Medical Marihuana Act to transfer the fruit of their service. These meetings are currently held every Saturday 12:00pm to 6:00pm. We have plans to open other days also, check our website for details.

CCCC advocates and protects the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act passed in 2008. We are a community of folks who have volunteered to advocate safe access to medical grade cannabis at an affordable cost.

Join us at our open meetings and rediscover compassion!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE WEBSITE

Capital City Compassion Club
2010 E. Michigan Ave.
Lansing
MI
Hours of Operation Saturdays 12:00pm to 6:00pm

The VP Todd Vaporizes with every NEW Member
ww-weed.jpg

Archived