Jury Trial In Lapeer August 10Th( Judge Not Letting Me Use The Ad Or Mention Medical Marijuana

If this is the case, you people will be on the courthouse steps for every dope pusher in the state. After they get caught, they will just go out and get a card. Viola!!!

This logic is no different that someone getting caught with a concealed weapon. A month or so after getting caught and his gun confiscated, he goes out and gets a concealed weapons permit. When he goes to court he expects all the people with concealed weapon permits to protest in his favor??? He expects the judge to dismiss his case???

I'm sorry but I think the poor, compassionate sick people on this site with legal medical marijuana cards shouldn't get involved with these kinds of cases. Save the energy for when the cops bust down the doors of totally legal marijuana patients. ie: Saginaw

Give us the facts Mr. Nice Guy. Why did they pick you to raid? Something's fishy here!! Cops are too lazy to just scout around for someone to bust.

I feel very fortunate to have my card and belong to the comfort clubs and websites that support it. I don't want to be looked upon as a radical protester fighting for every marijuana grower who gets busted without a card and probably with no intention of getting one until he is busted.

I was all ready to go to Lapeer on the 10th until I read a little deeper into this case. Don't drag this group down defending these people. Abide by the law and mind your own business.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.K. I was not gonna chime in but I think I see what is going on

here. I understand the need to check out the case before you support it because yea looks kinda dumb to be backing up a drug dealer and i dont use this word lightly cause lets face it we have all been associated with the kind and as with everything there are good ones and bad ones. But if the person was using it for medical reasons as alot of us have but have just recently been recognized then that is who this law is for. If you were not selling,distributing,etc and a doctor says you would benefit medically from the use of mmj then there you have it.... And the law provides for it...

The real crime here is not enough education on the subject and not enough people taking the urgency to get their card so they are protected period. And not doing so in a timely fashion makes it much harder to clear up. My opinion looking at this case is I would support it.

O.K. I was not gonna chime in but I think I see what is going on

here. I understand the need to check out the case before you support it because yea looks kinda dumb to be backing up a drug dealer and i dont use this word lightly cause lets face it we have all been associated with the kind and as with everything there are good ones and bad ones. But if the person was using it for medical reasons as alot of us have but have just recently been recognized then that is who this law is for. If you were not selling,distributing,etc and a doctor says you would benefit medically from the use of mmj then there you have it.... And the law provides for it...

The real crime here is not enough education on the subject and not enough people taking the urgency to get their card so they are protected period. And not doing so in a timely fashion makes it much harder to clear up. My opinion looking at this case is I would support it.

that is the way i see it to he has a card My opinion he good to go so lets try and support him and show up it court

Thanks

I went back to your first post and found this:

i was raided last year by the lapeer county sheriffs department. they took 4 small plants, two led light systems and a couple fans from inside my locked shed. they also took a couple pipes a grinder some shake and my safe. about a month later i received my signature from a well know doctor, I qualified under chronic pain, due to an accident I had when I was 19.

So you got busted and then ran out and got a card a month or so later. You are being tried for something you did BEFORE you even applied for a Medical Marijuana card. Have I got this correct. If so, I can understand the judge's call not to allow you to use the Medical Marijuana defense.

Here is the ballet language for those who have forgot. Notice the last bullet point.

PROPOSAL 08-1

A LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVE TO PERMIT THE USE AND CULTIVATION OF

MARIJUANA FOR SPECIFIED MEDICAL CONDITIONS

The proposed law would:

• Permit physician approved use of marijuana by registered patients with debilitating medical

conditions including cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, MS and other conditions as

may be approved by the Department of Community Health.

• Permit registered individuals to grow limited amounts of marijuana for qualifying patients in

an enclosed, locked facility.

• Require Department of Community Health to establish an identification card system for

patients qualified to use marijuana and individuals qualified to grow marijuana.

• Permit registered and unregistered patients and primary caregivers to assert medical reasons

for using marijuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marijuana.

Should this proposal be adopted?

Yes

No

Link to the ballet proposal.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/ED-20_11-08_Props_Poster2_251561_7.pdf

obviously this is what we voted for folks.. Lets support this guy and the others like him who couldnt afford ,were afraid, didnt know how, to register. They are innocent as defined by this law.. Maybe some of you who disapprove could start helping people who are poor, afraid , or unable to register so your concious feels better when it comes time to support them. Please educate..

drug dealers grow a lot more than 4 not even sexable plants, and if I was selling it I would have been able to go to a doctor, but I wasnt so I couldn't. maybe if I stopped working and started collecting social security then I would be considered sick and in pain, but I dont want to take from those that cant work, so I deal with my pain in a way I can afford and now Im a bad guy...

drug dealers grow a lot more than 4 not even sexable plants, and if I was selling it I would have been able to go to a doctor, but I wasnt so I couldn't. maybe if I stopped working and started collecting social security then I would be considered sick and in pain, but I dont want to take from those that cant work, so I deal with my pain in a way I can afford and now Im a bad guy...

Hello don't feed into one persons post we will support you see Ya Aug 10

What the heck is going on with you?

the guy that turned me in was supposed to be my friend he turned me in because he was originally going to turn in the murder of the elderly lady that was murdered here a couple years back but when the cop came to him about this info he got scared and turned me in so he didnt look dumb. " my friend was in jail for child support

This makes absolutely no sense!!!

I kinda thought the same thing but I think what he was saying is his friend was trying to get himself out of jail by rolling over on someone.

I kinda thought the same thing but I think what he was saying is his friend was trying to get himself out of jail by rolling over on someone.

I doubt if you can get yourself out of jail for child support violation by "rolling over on someone". Maybe Mr. Nice Guy and his buddy are suspects in the murder of this elderly woman. Who knows? Like I said before, this case sounds "fishy".

I doubt if you can get yourself out of jail for child support violation by "rolling over on someone". Maybe Mr. Nice Guy and his buddy are suspects in the murder of this elderly woman. Who knows? Like I said before, this case sounds "fishy".

Murder wrap now thats a different story lol......

some one told me today that If I were a drug dealer I would have taken the 3 month 2 year probation plea. but I choose to fight to make the way for others that might get screwed here in the future. I guess thats a way of looking at it. If I lose they become stronger, If I win we become stronger

No disrespect, but, to me, you are the one that sounds fishy. 9 posts, and most of them have been to vilify Mr. Nice Guy. Whats the real story with you?

Guest Wayne

If this is the case, you people will be on the courthouse steps for every dope pusher in the state. After they get caught, they will just go out and get a card. Viola!!!

This logic is no different that someone getting caught with a concealed weapon. A month or so after getting caught and his gun confiscated, he goes out and gets a concealed weapons permit. When he goes to court he expects all the people with concealed weapon permits to protest in his favor??? He expects the judge to dismiss his case???

I'm sorry but I think the poor, compassionate sick people on this site with legal medical marijuana cards shouldn't get involved with these kinds of cases. Save the energy for when the cops bust down the doors of totally legal marijuana patients. ie: Saginaw

Give us the facts Mr. Nice Guy. Why did they pick you to raid? Something's fishy here!! Cops are too lazy to just scout around for someone to bust.

I feel very fortunate to have my card and belong to the comfort clubs and websites that support it. I don't want to be looked upon as a radical protester fighting for every marijuana grower who gets busted without a card and probably with no intention of getting one until he is busted.

I was all ready to go to Lapeer on the 10th until I read a little deeper into this case. Don't drag this group down defending these people. Abide by the law and mind your own business.

Should you have the misfortune of being arrested feel free to be your own lawyer. Either this law is all I thought it was when I supported it, or the opposition is correct, as you seem to confirm, in thinking this was a terrible law and all were duped by a bunch of stoners. I'll be in Lapeer the 10th to support and defend our new found rights.

Should you have the misfortune of being arrested feel free to be your own lawyer. Either this law is all I thought it was when I supported it, or the opposition is correct, as you seem to confirm, in thinking this was a terrible law and all were duped by a bunch of stoners. I'll be in Lapeer the 10th to support and defend our new found rights.

There is a reason for the saying, "A man who represents himself in court has a fool for a client". The number of cases lost by people attempting to defend themselves is staggering. One would have stupendously better chances of winning ANY court case with ANY public defender than attempting to go it alone. As far as our new found righs go, this guy got busted with ganga before he even had his card and had no medical records or doctor recommedation to back him up (oh boo-hoo, I had no insurance...excuses, excuses). This is a case of a pothead getting busted and is now scrambling to try to find a way out of trouble....nothing more, nothing less. If this is the kind of "new found rights" you want to "support and defend" more power to you. Just realize that all of you letting this shmuck cry on your shoulders are being duped.

Archived