Jury Trial In Lapeer August 10Th( Judge Not Letting Me Use The Ad Or Mention Medical Marijuana

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrniceguy,

Glad to hear of this news. It is interesting to me that you would learn of this immediately, or just the day before the trial. I am totally speculating, but it would seem that the Judge came to his senses. Or he reread the law, was so uncertain that he did not want to deprive you of your right to trial and to present -your G-D given, constitutional right to present a defense in a criminal case. The denial of that right, or his prior ruling to exclude your defense would be error and probably reversed on appeal if you were found guilty. More so if he denied what appears to be your attorney's request to appeal the Judges decision, to deny your right to present a defense, that would also possibly be grounds for reversal if you were convicted. On the hand he should have never denied you this right in the first place. This recent ruling allowing you to appeal, is as bluberry says a win, because obviously he has backed off of his position, reread the law, and despite whatever he thinks about medical marihuana, "recognizes the medical use defense." Congratulation

let me know if you want to call in to the show to discus your case tomorrow.

Michael A.  Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com 

Check out our Radio show:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER:  (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES  w/ Attorney Michael Komorn 

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD. 

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626     

I meant that "someone" is reading these posts and didnt want the court building filled up with mmj legal users. we are gaining...one court at a time.

That's what I figure also ..

There may have been another source of this change of heart. That was when a complaint was filed with that judges review place.

That complaint would have required the judge to actually read the law to defend his/her self. And to support their ruling by way of law rather than whim.

Mrniceguy,

Glad to hear of this news. It is interesting to me that you would learn of this immediately, or just the day before the trial. I am totally speculating, but it would seem that the Judge came to his senses. Or he reread the law, was so uncertain that he did not want to deprive you of your right to trial and to present -your G-D given, constitutional right to present a defense in a criminal case. The denial of that right, or his prior ruling to exclude your defense would be error and probably reversed on appeal if you were found guilty. More so if he denied what appears to be your attorney's request to appeal the Judges decision, to deny your right to present a defense, that would also possibly be grounds for reversal if you were convicted. On the hand he should have never denied you this right in the first place. This recent ruling allowing you to appeal, is as bluberry says a win, because obviously he has backed off of his position, reread the law, and despite whatever he thinks about medical marihuana, "recognizes the medical use defense." Congratulation

let me know if you want to call in to the show to discus your case tomorrow.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Thank you Mr komorn, for your advise and support. Without lawyers like you we would all be locked up for life.

I don't trust it. Maybe the judge is letting you use AD so when she/he rules on the case you cannot say that there was info the judge wouldn't allow, allowing you to reopen/appeal the case. Make no mistake, still dealing with the same judge with the same outlook on MM. Sorry to be the pessimist and I hope it all works out for you.

Congrats mrniceguy im so pleased to hear they are allowing this defense as per the law that we passed.. Much love brother..

He didn't say they were allowing the defense. He's appealing the decison not to allow the defense. It isn't over yet. He just isn't going to trial until after the appeal. Don't applaud the judge yet.

He didn't say they were allowing the defense. He's appealing the decision not to allow the defense. It isn't over yet. He just isn't going to trial until after the appeal. Don't applaud the judge yet.

you are right and am not applauding any time soon the judge don't like this Law i was their and he has been in court for a year now i think we have been in court now 17 months

am glad that he is standing up for all of us the AD is solid they will see

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is late but knowing how lapeer operates i am sure you are still in this process...

you need to contact Jim Rasor 248-543-9000, he is our lawyer...hopefully he can help you!!! He is bringing THE LAPEER COUNTY out of the dark and showing their shady side for what it is!!

GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK!!!

**************CALLING ALL READERS!!!***************URGENT AND NEED YOU**********PLEASE!

ON TUESDAY AUGUST 10TH I AM GOING TO MMJ JURY TRAIL!!! 8:30AM. SHOW UP 7AM TILL TRIAL TO HELP PROTEST AND STAND UP FOR OUR LAWS!

**SUPPORT NEEDED***** ALL PROTESTORS WANTED!!!!!

255 CLAY STREET, LAPEER MICHIGAN.

JUDGE DENIED DISMISSAL AND DENIED MY RIGHT TO USE AFFIRMATIVE DEPENSE AND I AM A QUALIFING PATIENT, AND I HAVE MY CARD. I HAVE MULTIPLE LAWYERS SAYING IT IS IN MY RIGHT TO USE AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE ON A JURY TRIAL .THE JUDGE SUPPRESSED MEDICAL MARJIJ AND THE A.D. IN MY CASE EVEN THOUGH I AM A REGISTERED QUALIFIED CARD HOLDING PATIENT!

IF I EVEN MENTION MEDICAL MARIJUANA OR THE FACT THAT I AM A LEGAL CARD HOLDER THE JUDGE WILL FIND ME GUILTY --THESE ARE HIS WORDS----

I NEED YOU TO TELL THE JURY!!!!!!!

AS OF NOW I CANT DEFEND MYSELF BY TELLING THE TRUTH TO THE COURTS AND THEY ARE VIOLATING THE LAW!!!!!!

I AM ASKING FOR ALL THE HELP AND SUPPORT I CAN GET FROM ANYONE!!! ANY AND ALL SUPPORT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! PLEASE HELP!! THE MORE PEOPLE STANDING UP WILL CHANGE OUR COURTS!

LOOKING AT MAX 8 YEAR SENTENCE. --A FATHER AND FAMILY MAN- DONT WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO MY CHILDREN!!--

OMG our rights are being trampled on!! How is this ok?

How can you be too young to be sick?? I doubt he has a minor degree in Medicine!!

The law states ...that we are protected???? really ...I guess unless the sherrif's dept decides not to follow the LAW!!

We really have to make sure these people aren't re-elected!!!! We hold the power!!

no news that i saw i was at the court room he had 4 plants locked up and the PA said he was to young to be sick

• 2 months later...

I know this is late but knowing how lapeer operates i am sure you are still in this process...

you need to contact Jim Rasor 248-543-9000, he is our lawyer...hopefully he can help you!!! He is bringing THE LAPEER COUNTY out of the dark and showing their shady side for what it is!!

GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK!!!

thanks brother, I will call him today i really need alot of help my case just went from not fair to f&^ked up. my apeal was shot down by two of the three judges and there is no reason as to why. they said I can apeal it again after im found guilty, I will have a better chance then ????? this is all so dumb. SO now i go to jail on the states expense, that means they pay for my pills, and for my dental, housing me at 20,000 a year, and the state aid my daughters mom is going to get because i cant pay my child support, then I will get out of jail and still be able to grow for atleast myself and i will still be able to be a patient. such a mess, any how im holding my head high. talk to you soon, i will be by to visit as soon as that lock comes off the door.. congrats by the way

thanks brother, I will call him today i really need alot of help my case just went from not fair to f&^ked up. my apeal was shot down by two of the three judges and there is no reason as to why. they said I can apeal it again after im found guilty, I will have a better chance then ????? this is all so dumb. SO now i go to jail on the states expense, that means they pay for my pills, and for my dental, housing me at 20,000 a year, and the state aid my daughters mom is going to get because i cant pay my child support, then I will get out of jail and still be able to grow for atleast myself and i will still be able to be a patient. such a mess, any how im holding my head high. talk to you soon, i will be by to visit as soon as that lock comes off the door.. congrats by the way

I have not follow this for a while, the southern turn. Not being a flight risk shouldn't you be able to stay out of jail while apealing? He said after you are found guilty isn't that the juries job. No Innocent until found guilty?

i was wondering how things were with you not good for us ether we are going back to court not the supreme court we are going to trial also am not sure how much time you are facing but we are both facing 14 years and a $1,000,000,000 fine each let us know if you would like me to come back to court with you for support i will be their for you i/we no how you feel

Peace from the front

Archived