Raids, How And Why They Happen.

ChopTop

I'm a new Legal CG and I am trying to wrap my brain around the theory of these raIds.

What makes the dea go after you?

Do the department of health forward our approved apps right to them? Isn't that personal info?

I just don't understand how they find a patient to raid if said patient follows the laws.

I am just trying to be nice and help a friend out, but not at the expense of my freedom.

Dispenseries and cc clubs who are in it for money I understand them getting raided, not that its right, but I cant figure out how they would just decide to choose me to raid if frequent dispenseries and I go to cc clubs with no money or meds.

Search cargivers on craigslist and it is crazy. I think bad apples are spoiling it for us good folk.

I won't deal with others than my patient, p2p tranfers are crazy. I wouldn't even consider it unless I seen state id and mm card.

Certainly some of these raids are legit from shady black market sales, but seems more and more injustices are happening. I just wanna figure out how to really protect each other. Seems like even being on this forum is bad for us,like we should all be undergound, but that don't help the cause.

Hopefully things will calm down, until then, keep up the good fight all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a new Legal CG and I am trying to wrap my brain around the theory of these raIds.

Do the department of health forward our approved apps right to them? Isn't that personal info?

I just don't understand how they find a patient to raid if said patient follows the laws.

I am just trying to be nice and help a friend out, but not at the expense of my freedom.

Dispenseries and cc clubs who are in it for money I understand them getting raided, not that its right, but I cant figure out how they would just decide to choose me to raid if frequent dispenseries and I go to cc clubs with no money or meds.

Search cargivers on craigslist and it is crazy. I think bad apples are spoiling it for us good folk.

I won't deal with others than my patient, p2p tranfers are crazy. I wouldn't even consider it unless I seen state id and mm card.

Certainly some of these raids are legit from shady black market sales, but seems more and more injustices are happening. I just wanna figure out how to really protect each other. Seems like even being on this forum is bad for us,like we should all be undergound, but that don't help the cause.

p2p is legal and clearly stated in the law and actually there is 2 other provision that allow for interaction between cardholders. I suggest you do your homework before you bash. The law is fairly clear. It's LEO that has chosen to go against the will of the people and they will never win going against the will of the people. Judges and cops are on the same team. They are biased. these judges in Oakland County are obviously corrupt and will be exposed inthe same manner that the Police that illegally entraped these patients helping others.

Ummmm, me asking these questions is kind of like homework don't you think? I am after all trying to increase my knowledge on the subject hence the post. Bash was a harsh word to use as I don't think I did. I expressed my personal opinion. Is that not allowed?

OK for real man knowing the law can help by the fact you know the law..But knowing the law isn't going to stop the cops from coming..Just keep quiet about what you do. I personally think that the police ARE indeed alerted to the fact you are a pt or cg. Others say that is not legal so it can't be true. However being raided when legal and robbed by these cops is not legal so for me to assume that our rights are violated from the get go just seems silly. I mean peeps who are under or at plant count and are straight arrows get busted as well so like for real, do you believe that the rights we voted for are all handled with care? I doubt it.

And yes asking questions is a way of doing homework......

"Ummmm, me asking these questions is kind of like homework don't you think? I am after all trying to increase my knowledge on the subject hence the post. Bash was a harsh word to use as I don't think I did. I expressed my personal opinion. Is that not allowed?"

I agree, nothing wrong with trying to figure out how someone gets into the position of being raided, if they are following the law in the first place.

It does get confusing at times, and nothing wrong with searching for info, expecially if you are going to be a caregiver, and want to cover your donkey.

I am a new patient, and let me tell you, if you read the law, and then ask 10 people what it means, it seems you get 15 different answers. I have been asking a lot of questions, and reading up on the law itself, as well as the outcomes of some of the arrests. I will just have to go by the wording of the law as writtin, and do a little less than it allows me to, so I dont have to worry.

"I think bad apples are spoiling it for us good folk."

I agree - I have seen a few so called "care givers" that are just using their patients as a cover to setup a grow-op and look somewhat legit. The "patients" are seeing very little or none of the "meds" and the "caregivers" only "care" about the money we are "giving" them. And then ask me for $400-$600 an oz. LMFAO Once we get rid of the street dealers trying to use being a "caregiver" as a cover, I think we will have less problems.

I look at it this way, the street dealers know they are an endangered species when it comes to MMJ, and they are trying to get in and make a few quick bucks while they can, before they get busted selling a $600 oz to a non cardholder, and end up going to jail. Ooops, no more using patients to make a quick buck for you.

I've thought about this stuff too. Don't feel bad.

I don't believe that the Dept of Health can turn over paperwork to the DEA, that should be covered under HIPPA. I'm not a lawyer, so if I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I have to add too....

When I mention the "so-called" caregivers, I am not talking about anyone I have met or talked to from this site. Just figured I would throw that in ;)

For the most part the people I see posting here as caregivers and patients, seem to be a great group of people in general, and I am glad to be a member of this site/forum.

I have to add too....

When I mention the "so-called" caregivers, I am not talking about anyone I have met or talked to from this site. Just figured I would throw that in ;)

For the most part the people I see posting here as caregivers and patients, seem to be a great group of people in general, and I am glad to be a member of this site/forum.

Dang right! I can guarantee criminals and criminal organizations are finding ways into this as a way of cheating the system. Growing good stuff for the patients and then selling the good stuff on the street for top dollar and giving the PT some old compressed crap...I am sure they will screw it up for the rest of us who are not doing anything but trying to help.

This whole deal makes me sad!!! Honestly caring for 5 patients is a lot of work. I'll tell u how i do it and you tell if im crazy. Remember their is quite a bit of overhead involved. Half an ounce for free every two weeks above and beyond that 300 an ounce of very high quality meds. I have never once had a complaint, yet after reading all of you pointing fingers and talking smack, i feel like a common street thug. Of course you gotta eat, feed your kids, pay bills etc...... I honestly believed i was helping my patients but now im not too sure, You tell me. Sorry did not mean to say all of you, but only some of you.

This whole deal makes me sad!!! Honestly caring for 5 patients is a lot of work. I'll tell u how i do it and you tell if im crazy. Remember their is quite a bit of overhead involved. Half an ounce for free every two weeks above and beyond that 300 an ounce of very high quality meds. I have never once had a complaint, yet after reading all of you pointing fingers and talking smack, i feel like a common street thug. Of course you gotta eat, feed your kids, pay bills etc...... I honestly believed i was helping my patients but now im not too sure, You tell me. Sorry did not mean to say all of you, but only some of you.

What you are doing is nothing like what I was talking about. I was talking about a dealer that does not provide for any patients, rather uses his "patients" as a cover to grow and sell on the street. This is the kind of thing that will bring honest caregivers a bad name IMO

Wow dude maybe you should try some of your own quality meds out and calm down... Simply pointing out that more than likely the cops are notified of the act that YOU are growing be it fair or legal or not...Not to mention pointed out that more than likely criminals will abuse this..Are you a criminal? Is that why you are so upset? lol

The #1 reason people get raided is they dont know how to keep their mouths shut .

Its not kool to tell everyone that will listen your legal status or showing off your grow or meds at first i was that way and all it did was get my grow area reported to crimestoppers by another card holding patient desperate for money trying to get rich by being a rat. :growl:

Now i trust only a handfull of people and i prefer it that way ive survived the 70s 80s 90s being a cannabis user with no legal issues ill be damned if im going to be charged once im legal! :mellow:

I agree--

yes-- we grew our own meds before we gotr legal... and are very "under the radar"... It DID take a LOT of scrutinizing and debating to make the decision to "take the risk" to become legal...

but: just because we are legal changes NOTHING in how we operate....

we do not sell, we do not have a lot of people to our home, and those who DO come here, either have no clue that we are Med usuers, or are themselves relatives who are LEGAL med users that we GIVE seeds or clones to.

Rule #1 for us has ALWAYS been KEEP QUIET.... and tell NO ONE you do not TRUST YOUR LIFE WITH!... and it still is!

Legal or not!

Being in a conservative, small town where everyone knows everyone else's business-- we've kept to ourselves,and it works for us.

Good thread. I too have wondered what the trigger is that gets people in the spot light. My assumption is they frequent a dispensary. To be honest I have not heard of a case where it was explicitly stated that the person had their card, was within legal limits, and was not selling to a dispensary and got busted.

Now that does not mean I think a person who has one or two plants over their count or who legally sells to a dispensary deserves to lose everything they have worked their whole life for. It seems to me one big problem with the law is if you are over on your count then instead of a fine like you would get if you had too many fish in your basket you are put into the same category as a heroin dealer.

Wow dude maybe you should try some of your own quality meds out and calm down... Simply pointing out that more than likely the cops are notified of the act that YOU are growing be it fair or legal or not...Not to mention pointed out that more than likely criminals will abuse this..Are you a criminal? Is that why you are so upset? lol

Sorry Brother, did not mean to come off that way, it just seems even our own(the ones really trying to help others) are, ya know its been along week and i apologize for coming off like that. You are absolutely right, I NEED MEDS. :>

If your providing a half ounce Free to each patient every two weeks that offsets the $300 price tag a tad thats completely fair if its good bud.

Of course the cops know who the caregivers are. The mdch runs a background check on all caregivers with the state police. Just follow the law and don't do anything illegal. Avoid what people seem to think are grey areas. Though in my opinion the law clearly says p2p tranfers are legal.

I agree--

yes-- we grew our own meds before we gotr legal... and are very "under the radar"... It DID take a LOT of scrutinizing and debating to make the decision to "take the risk" to become legal...

but: just because we are legal changes NOTHING in how we operate....

we do not sell, we do not have a lot of people to our home, and those who DO come here, either have no clue that we are Med usuers, or are themselves relatives who are LEGAL med users that we GIVE seeds or clones to.

Rule #1 for us has ALWAYS been KEEP QUIET.... and tell NO ONE you do not TRUST YOUR LIFE WITH!... and it still is!

Legal or not!

Being in a conservative, small town where everyone knows everyone else's business-- we've kept to ourselves,and it works for us.

well telling your whole story on the internet for ANYONE to see is not necessarily being quiet, the whole world can find out now ..... it's called an IP address and everyone has one ..... yup .... even you, I don't grow so I am safe in here, plus my IP (INTERNET PROVIDER) address is someone else's I steal their signal, but if you say your out in the country, or small town ... chances are your internet provider is in your name... believe me ANYONE can find you ....... IF you are doing ILLEGAL stuff? the best and smartest thing you can do is shut your mouth, shut off your phones, and get off this dang site, if your legit ... then your safe.

Speaking of grey areas, is there an ongoing thread just on them?

Or a list of grey areas to keep away from?

Our law isn't about what we are allowed to do.

It is about what the police and judges are NOT allowed to do.

They aren't used to being told what they can not do. That is the source of "gray areas."

They can't wrap their heads around this topic. They have a difficult time adjusting to their new limitations.

Of course the cops know who the caregivers are. The mdch runs a background check on all caregivers with the state police. Just follow the law and don't do anything illegal. Avoid what people seem to think are grey areas. Though in my opinion the law clearly says p2p tranfers are legal.

Wisdom speaks.. :-) Hey thats what i was gonna say... The background checks folks..

Archived