Wild Hemp & Mmj

I am just setting up my grow room, and where I live wild hemp grows all owver around my home I can see plants up to 3 feet tall looking out any window in my home. My question is is there any chance that it could pollenate my mmj plants? I don't know if they are still close enough to cross breed. Thanks to any one who can tell me.

I am just setting up my grow room, and where I live wild hemp grows all owver around my home I can see plants up to 3 feet tall looking out any window in my home. My question is is there any chance that it could pollenate my mmj plants? I don't know if they are still close enough to cross breed. Thanks to any one who can tell me.

wow.

well, close enough to see, close enough to breed.

for sure.

is your indoor grow room "sealed"?

obviously if so you should have no problems........ if not thats a scary thought having those so close :(

wow.

well, close enough to see, close enough to breed.

for sure.

is your indoor grow room "sealed"?

obviously if so you should have no problems........ if not thats a scary thought having those so close :(

Yes it is, but I was thinking about pollen being on my cloths and such, we have 2 teenagers 3 dogs and 2 cats, so just keeping normal dirt out let alone stuff as small as pollen. Thank you though at least I know and do more to avoid it now. Also I am trying the bubbletote setup from your post, I hope it works for me like your pics show, Thanks for that too.

Yeah there sure is a bunch of wild cannabis that grows up in your area for sure.. It's a fun time of year to go for a hike in the woods and see what mother nature has been busy with all summer.. Ahh Elsworth, the home of ancient poppies and wild cannabis that grow right in town... You may want to cull some of the closest plants to your home and hope for the best... A sealed, sterile grow would probably save you the heartache of having your crop dusted with inferior pollen.. Man.. now you have me craving a Smarty Marty Bar from EJ!!... It's been too long since I have been up that way...

Yeah there sure is a bunch of wild cannabis that grows up in your area for sure.. It's a fun time of year to go for a hike in the woods and see what mother nature has been busy with all summer.. Ahh Elsworth, the home of ancient poppies and wild cannabis that grow right in town... You may want to cull some of the closest plants to your home and hope for the best... A sealed, sterile grow would probably save you the heartache of having your crop dusted with inferior pollen.. Man.. now you have me craving a Smarty Marty Bar from EJ!!... It's been too long since I have been up that way...

wow EJ sounds like the place to be! as a matter of coincidence, i worked for several years under the previous chef/owner of the jordan inn, i think it was, chef named chuck. but that was 15 years ago, prolly 20 since hes been there

Man I was hoping I would be told not to worry. Belive me I wish it was all med. grade too! I'd have the biggest grow ever, without planting a seed, just have to mow the lawn. I think it does show another good reson why hemp farming should be legal again, for there to be so much still around after 70 years I can't imagine how well a hardy new strian would do.

Man I was hoping I would be told not to worry. Belive me I wish it was all med. grade too! I'd have the biggest grow ever, without planting a seed, just have to mow the lawn. I think it does show another good reson why hemp farming should be legal again, for there to be so much still around after 70 years I can't imagine how well a hardy new strian would do.

I am sorry you have to worry about the wild weed polinating yours! so are they all males? (wild weed) or are there females also? I just realy like the idea of weed growing everywhere in MI wild! I have not been lucky or unlucky enough to see that yet, But im doing my best to make it happen in my neck of the woods before im gone, my friends all save me there seeds and I plant them every where i go, including court house flower beds!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I am just setting up my grow room, and where I live wild hemp grows all owver around my home I can see plants up to 3 feet tall looking out any window in my home.

Chop them down and make oil out of them.We used to use wild hemp from Indiana for oil back in the 70's. Do a water cure first to get rid of all the chlorophyll and other undesirable elements and then make the oil. You'll kill two birds with one stone. No worries about pollen and free oil.

Yeah.. HEPA might be the way to go... I think cannabis pollen is 20 micron range or so in size, so a good filter might work.

On the other hand, it is called weed for a reason :) You might want to take that foliage down. For one, less pollen to worry about spreading... For two, if you got your down low grow going on, do you even want to vaguely risk the LEO's attention with a bunch of wild growing in the back yard?

Guest Marywanna

Throw seeds out the window of your car on the Freeway,pretty soon wild hemp will be growing everywhere. Can you actually be arrested if you are zoned agriculture and in your corn field grew a few hemp plants? Its a weed,they grow anywhere.And birds like it too. If they eat the seeds they will poop them out and re-seed them. Now I mean HEMP,not usable meds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I dont mean to keep bringing up this hemp thing, but anyway I really need to make sure I understand this. Can I make an effective anti-inflammatory and or pain relieving topical oil out of wild hemp? Sorry Wild Bill when you first responded to this I had no clue what you where talking about, now it sounds almost to good to be true. Also might anyone know if harvesting is the same as cultivating?

I dont mean to keep bringing up this hemp thing, but anyway I really need to make sure I understand this. Can I make an effective anti-inflammatory and or pain relieving topical oil out of wild hemp? Sorry Wild Bill when you first responded to this I had no clue what you where talking about, now it sounds almost to good to be true. Also might anyone know if harvesting is the same as cultivating?

You sure could!!

I'm worried about this.

If a patient lives in an area where wild hemp is growing there is the possibility they could be arrested for it.

Why not report the wild plants to the DEA? They'll be more than happy to send out a crew with helicopters and hazmat suits, cordon off the area and chop down all the plants! Not only will they be doing your work for you they will probably get great press coverage for saving the children from the biggest grow in 50 years and you'll be a hero for saving the community from possible destruction at the hands of the evil marihuana demons.8-16-Ranger-Carrying-Plants.jpg

Edited by Wild Bill

• 10 months later...