Cops Coming Over?

What are the chances of the cops ever just stopping by my house? My wife is getting really worried and asked me what is she supposed to do if they stop by. I am not doing anything wrong, no smell, no traffic, no sales no nothing weird. Why would they stop by if they have no reason. She says they will just stop to see if I am legal. I have my card but it is in my wallet. They would not take my computer or anything since I am legal right?

Your OK just relax Monroe county is overrun with pillheads and heroin and crack users medical marijuana is and should be at the bottom of their list trust me brother i lived in Monroe county for 34 years i doubt your public enemy #1.

As for your computer if you do something to be raided for yes they will take your PC but as long as your at or below your limits your golden .

Tell ur wife to chillax. With all seriousness unless someone told the police that you are growing weed and ur not following the regulations in the act they will not come to your house and have no way of knowing that you are a patient or caregiver. Unless someone smells it and reports u or something like that. The police can only find out that you are a medical marijuana patient by checking ur card number on ur card and calling the MDCH to make sure u are a current patient.

Its all good...

hey tooldidi,i think its a good idea to have a plan...can't hurt...and i think a little paranoia is a good thing,as long as it is within reason..LEO can make up any reason to just knock on your door,go over your responce with her,etc...she'll feel better with a plan and you'd have less of a chance of explaining to a judge why you think the search was illegal....good luck..zzb

I would suggest that both you and the wife view the Cooper video. It is called "Never Get Busted" and has excellent advice for all of us!!

If that is unavailable, make sure that your wife understands that she needs to see a warrant prior to opening the door to the police. Always talk to them thru your door. Do not answer any questions without seeing the warrant. Peace...j.b.

p.s. any Compassion Club should have a copy of this available for you to view.

Do the cops have a list of MM patients I did not think so but just wanting to check.

technically this is confidential data. technically they do not have access to it. having said that, i wouldn't be surprised if they some how had special access to it.

welcome to the witch hunt.

Cheese and Cracker's LEO sure is trying to scare the flock out of everyone eh...NOT! Relax if you are as legal and low key as you say you are and stay that way you shouldn't worry so much.

This is text book reason why we have to get the other-side to follow the law, man up and realize we won...its the law!

A certain segment of our population has been given the legal right to use cannabis for medicinal reasons if we choose and we demand to be treated like any other person using a legally prescribed medication.

You know we can always start a push for a state law regulating all prescription drugs as closely as they're trying with cannabis. I have no problem with people having to register with MDCH in order to legally get thier prescribed narcaotic pain meds and be able to use it in the privacy of thier home.

if you are meeting the following criteria, then you will raise no suspicion - and therefore prove that they got your name off of the "list":

•  
  • 1. the smell of your grow op is non-existent. this can be achieved with proper use of venting your garden thru a carbon filter.
  • 2. your electricity usage is in the realm of "normal" (a couple grow lights will keep you in this range, 10 1000 watt lamps is probably overboard.)
  • 3. you don't look like a drug house - there aren't all kinds of random people stopping by throughout the day, etc.
  • 4. you aren't hauling all kinds of growing supplies in and out of our house in plain sight - bags of dirt, hydroponics tables, etc, etc.

with meeting these criteria, there is absolutely no way anybody will know what you are doing. if you still get a visit from the cops, you can bet your a$$ they found your name on the "list" and decided to pay you a little visit.

I hope everyone finds this to be of value. if you follow the link you may print out wallet cards for your records. If the officer fails to honor your rights, remain calm and polite, ask for the officer's identifying information and ask him or her to note your objection in the report. Do not attempt to physically resist an unlawful arrest, search or seizure. If necessary, you may point out the violations to a judge at a later time.

THE FOUNDATIONFREEDOMCARD

The U.S. Constitution prohibits the government from interfering with

your right to remain silent, to consult with an attorney, and to be free

from unreasonable searches and seizures by law enforcement.

However, it is up to you to assert these rights. This NORML Foundation

Freedom Card will help you do so effectively.

If you are confronted by a police officer, remain calm. Be courteous

and provide your identification. Politely refuse to answer any further

questions. Ask to talk to an attorney. Do not consent to any search of

your person, your property, your residence or your vehicle. Tell the

officer you would like to give him or her this card, which is a statement

of the constitutional rights you wish to invoke. Do not reach for this

card until you have obtained the officer’s permission to do so.

I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all of the following rights and

privileges afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution:

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Fifth Amendment right to

remain silent. Do not ask me any questions.

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Sixth Amendment right to an

attorney of my choice. Do not ask me any questions without my

attorney present.

• I invoke and refuse to waive all privileges and rights pursuant

to the case Miranda v. Arizona. Do not ask me any questions or make

any comment to me about this decision.

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Fourth Amendment right to be

free from unreasonable searches and seizures. I do not consent to

any search or seizure of myself, my home, or of any property in my

possession. Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any

property. I do not consent to this contact with you. If I am not

presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow

me to leave.

• Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response

to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and

in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide

you with information.

Sincerely, Danxy

Link to printable freedom card

hey tooldidi,i think its a good idea to have a plan...can't hurt...and i think a little paranoia is a good thing,as long as it is within reason..LEO can make up any reason to just knock on your door,go over your responce with her,etc...she'll feel better with a plan and you'd have less of a chance of explaining to a judge why you think the search was illegal....good luck..zzb

Paranoia it will save you! as long as you dont get carried away! I dont see anything wrong with your wife being worried about the house getting raided, especialy if she does any reading on here, just make sure you are in the legal limits, show her and let her read the laws, and by no means never let a cop in your door w/o a search warrant, for no reason, they dont look at you no dif when they ask if they can come in and you say no, never let them in, all they have to do is look around and 9 times out of 10 they will find reasonable cause to seize or search more!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I hope everyone finds this to be of value. if you follow the link you may print out wallet cards for your records. If the officer fails to honor your rights, remain calm and polite, ask for the officer's identifying information and ask him or her to note your objection in the report. Do not attempt to physically resist an unlawful arrest, search or seizure. If necessary, you may point out the violations to a judge at a later time.

THE FOUNDATIONFREEDOMCARD

The U.S. Constitution prohibits the government from interfering with

your right to remain silent, to consult with an attorney, and to be free

from unreasonable searches and seizures by law enforcement.

However, it is up to you to assert these rights. This NORML Foundation

Freedom Card will help you do so effectively.

If you are confronted by a police officer, remain calm. Be courteous

and provide your identification. Politely refuse to answer any further

questions. Ask to talk to an attorney. Do not consent to any search of

your person, your property, your residence or your vehicle. Tell the

officer you would like to give him or her this card, which is a statement

of the constitutional rights you wish to invoke. Do not reach for this

card until you have obtained the officer’s permission to do so.

I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all of the following rights and

privileges afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution:

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Fifth Amendment right to

remain silent. Do not ask me any questions.

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Sixth Amendment right to an

attorney of my choice. Do not ask me any questions without my

attorney present.

• I invoke and refuse to waive all privileges and rights pursuant

to the case Miranda v. Arizona. Do not ask me any questions or make

any comment to me about this decision.

• I invoke and refuse to waive my Fourth Amendment right to be

free from unreasonable searches and seizures. I do not consent to

any search or seizure of myself, my home, or of any property in my

possession. Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any

property. I do not consent to this contact with you. If I am not

presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow

me to leave.

• Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response

to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and

in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide

you with information.

Sincerely, Danxy

Link to printable freedom card

Thanks Danxy

very good info!

Peace

FTW

Jim

thanks everyone so far :) She worries too much about stuff, I am sure they won't show up unless someone says something or weird stuff goes on around here but it is calm and I don't have neighbors on top of me. I know my neighbor kinda across the street smokes or at least used too :) No neighbor close on the right and my neighbors closest on the left are young and seem pretty cool. Very good info on rights

My wife said a friend of her's husband that is a state trooper has a friend that got busted by the DEA and he was all legal. Thats all she knows so makes her all paranoid. I told her he must have been doing something illegal to get them to even check up on him. I will see I can get more info. That was in Petersburg or somewere near there.

My wife said a friend of her's husband that is a state trooper has a friend that got busted by the DEA and he was all legal. Thats all she knows so makes her all paranoid. I told her he must have been doing something illegal to get them to even check up on him. I will see I can get more info. That was in Petersburg or somewere near there.

Did she hear about this from her friend's husbands friend? Or from her friend's husband? Or from her friend? If the DEA got involved, probably wasn't "all legal." Probably selling overages on the street.

I made 3000

" Refuse to wave my Rights cards "

I make sure all my friends

and family have them right next to

the car registration and car insurance ....

gallery_7705_332_812328.jpg

I make sure they have one on them ... one in the car

one in the house by the front door ...

Mine is posted on my front door ...

We have No Back door , So that does'nt apply ...

A dea raid in monroe county would have been plastered all over the monroe evening news and the toledo blade they live for stuff like that i say shes telling fish storys to your wife.

Why would this lady just start talkin to your wife about MM for no reason?

Hearing from 1 person, something told by another person, from a friend, etc. is exactly how people get a LEO visit.

Archived