Help Need Advice Dealing With A Difficult Patient

fluffygrrrl

Hi,

My question is to other caregivers

I have a guy who signed up with me in late June but didn't get his card until Sept 10. Even though I didn't have his card, I still gave him free meds this summer. (after the mailing time was added in) I've been giving him at least 1/2 oz per month free. This guy has not given me one dime, but he is the most demanding person I have ever dealt with. He continually criticizes my weed, even though I give him all buds of white rhino, super silver haze, og kush ak47 and lemon skunk. That is hardly dirt weed! I always respond that all he needs to do is buy the seeds he likes and I would be happy to grow it for him, but he is happier complaining. (cheap & ignorant..he said he smoked some super weed (with seeds in it)and said he'd "try" to get the guy to give him some.)

I've been giving patient 1/4oz to 1/3 oz every other week, but this month Oct 10 I gave him 1/2 oz.(because he was becoming a pest, so I thought I'd give it to him all at once) He was calling me 9 days later demanding more! He is saying he wants 1 1/2 oz free and that he "heard" he should be getting that much free. I know..I regret having anything writing, will do a patient contract from now on.

This guy was officially my patient on Sept 10 of this year. I have given him at least 3 oz free. This guy isn't even low income, he is just cheap! He is way better off financially than me. I'm on disability & trying to get off it. He has no intention of ever buying from me. He wouldn't dream of paying $300 for an oz of weed, yet he wants the very best of the best.

On answering machine: this guy is threatening to drop me because I don't give him enough weed & don't call him back. He also "heard" that I have to give him my plants. That is a joke, he hasn't even bought one seed. What is the best way to deal with this guy, give him a list of my expenses for the last 3 months? I already know this guy will never be happy. I could give him the best weed ever and he would say that it wasn't that good. What is the process for dropping a patient? Do you have any ideas on how to manage that type of personality or is it better to just drop? It sucks losing plant numbers just when I'm starting to get an unbelievable tree grow growing.

I had a terrible summer dealing w/ heat issues in my previous grow room, so I really lost my donkey on the entire grow. That is not my patient's fault, I know, but I still gave them what we verbally agreed upon at my own expense. People really have no idea how much expenses go into this. My electric bill just for August was $880. My partner & I spent over $30,000 building a perfect grow room on 40 private acres. Now I have a large building, I have 10 tons of a/c, 24,000 watts of light, the best sealed grow room, the best genetics, but if I continue to attract patients like this, how am I going to stay afloat? I would like advice on how to deal with patients when you give them free meds. Do most of you do this, or does this attract people who will just use you?

Id say u tell him u want 300 an oz every 10 weeks he gets a free bag or ur ganna drop him you'll pick someone new up fast but if he's got money not payin u and thinks he's the boss id tell him to f42k 0ff we gota take care of them and they gota take care of us

You need to make him understand what the deal is. This is a case where you've got to overpower his words of greed and ignorance and clearly state the conditions of YOUR agreement. I have repeated myself several times with patients so I know we're on the same page. If he won't listen or is still difficult then yes, drop him like its hot. Also sometimes it help to have a man talk to another man, mabey better communication in some instances.

It sounds like the universe has seriously blessed you with the tools and opprotunity to progress, stay positive. There are only a few bad patients like this. I'm sure you'll find some humble and appreciative patients. I don't think giving away medicine attracts vampire type people, this is just an extreme case and you are totally free to let him go. Bless.

I'm not a CG, so I dont know the rules and time periods ect.. But friend.... if I were you.. I'd do as others say.. drop his azz so fast he pukes from being dizzy! BUT.. if there is a time lot (from like how long it takes the state? to actually acknowledge you've dropped him??) then you might be lucky enough to find a new patient by then so you dont loose your precious count. They dont realize how precious that count is, with clones and cuttings ect.. There is no way I'd let ANYONE push me around like that! And them plants are YOURS! Yours until you loose that count. Then.. you'd best just get ride of them..like HARVEST them b4 you loose that count.

Finding new PAYING patients is a prob I'm sure.. I'm concidering being a CG mice elf.. I'm thinking of looking thru profession ppl to get 1 or 2. THEN, I'd HAPPILY take on 1 or 2 low income folks. Giving to them free or dirt cheap... But on MY TERMS.. ALWAYS and ONLY on MY TERMS!!!

Peace, and good Luck!

Thanks to you all, I posted a response, but it isn't showing up. (a newbie mistake, i'm sure) It really is nice for a newbie to get such a supportive response from an online community. You all are the best! I've got my other patient, (a guy, david son) come with me to talk tomorrow. I'm handing him a spreadsheet with all my finances spent on this. I think he will be shocked to realize how much money it takes to grow quality meds. I'll definitely have future dealings in writing. Wish me luck..Lots of green to you :)

With 24,000W and all those great genetics I don't know why you would bother with someone like that. Have your patients sign a change of caregiver form when they originally contract you. Then you can send it in and notify them you are no longer their caregiver if necessary. If you are producing high quality meds and giving it away I think it should be no problem for you to find another patient. Why are you worried about this person's "threats" to "drop you?"

Exactly, I would not worry about them dropping me, I would be in a hurry to drop them.

If you want to give them 1 more chance (I wouldn't) then explain exactly what he gets for free, and exactly how much he needs to spend a month to get it. If you can't have some kind of understanding that you both think is good, then just part ways.

The guy can't honestly expect you to do this 100% free. He has to know there are expenses, he just doesn't care. Just let him know he is not going to guilt you into giving him free meds forever, and you are done.

Good luck!

Fgirl--mail in the patient drop form you had him pre-sign when you started with him, call and tell Health Department personality conflict you won't service him after mailing date. then find a replacement patient at $350 zip. Give a free 1/8 as a sample, their only ever, to each prospect NOT TO SMOKE AT YOUR GROW. My Best

quit giving your pt, free weed! duh! I just friended you! I didnt read this first though,,this post smells a lil bit like pork to me!!

Now I may be wrong!

How in the hell does a disabled person build a grow room like you described? I will level with you, I got 8 yrs back pay when i was awarded ssdi, Im gonna be to honest here, I get 1046.00 a month, it aint bullschuette, but im sure its more than others, and with 8yrs back pay all at once, I was lucky to get my used 26ft travel trailer out if it after paying all of my debts that accumulated while i was disabled and fighting for my ssdi! just so i didnt have any bills besides living expenses!, of course im in debt again!!

sounds like you can afford to keep your selfish pt happy. so you can keep your PLANT NUMBERS! (red flag) or just dont give him any more he will quit you and you may get caught with your pants down, cause the state dont have to tell you he quit you, it is his responsebility!

Boy I sure hope he never seen any of his so-called plants! what a big misconception that is!

If my patient came to me and showed me copys of him dropping me, I would give them their 12 plants, imediatly, Id rip em out and hand them to em!

(but they would never of seen their so called plants to begin with, my g.r is for my eyes only!!!)

FREE THE WEED!

this post smells a lil bit like pork to me!! Now I may be wrong!

How in the hell does a disabled person build a grow room like you described? sounds like you can afford to keep your selfish pt happy. so you can keep your PLANT NUMBERS! (red flag) or just dont give him any more he will quit you and you may get caught with your pants down, cause the state dont have to tell you he quit you

If my patient came to me and showed me copys of him dropping me, I would give them their 12 plants, imediatly, Id rip em out and hand them to em!

I'm sorry but if a patient designates you as the caregiver and you have the legality to grow the plants for them, the patient looses their rights to have plants. If you gave your patients live plants and sent them out the door, you are asking to get them arrested for cultivation, felony. I have heard several people on this board say that once the patient "drops" you then they "get the plants". This makes no sense since the patient cannot legally carry plants until the paperwork is adjusted. That being said, I would kill the plants before giving them to the patient. They do not get rewarded for leaving me. That's just odd?

What is also odd is you started out your reply in complete criticism of the OP, saying she is a cop and insinuating that she is lying about being disabled or whatever. That's real honor full yourself.. and very helpful on online boards. I stay away from here because I cannot tolerate it. She asked a decent question, why did you go overboard with complaining how you cannot afford something ect ect yet she has this wonderful grow room and it sounds like she is a cop because of it? Not everybody squanders their money.. Not everybody is in the same situation as you either.. So why are you critical of her without knowing the person?!

And just so you know: the State of Michigan uses a Delivery Signature, Delivery Confirmation and mails duplicate copies of the change to your caregiver status when a patient submits a change form and drops you as a caregiver. The letters state that once you receive this letter you are to destroy your card and your patients plants within 24 hours. no where are they saying give the patient the plants, nor are they saying to destroy them on notification from the patient. You are allowed to continue growing your plant count until you receive this letter. This is also the reason why I suggest NOT growing plants for a patient until you receive the card as well, especially in situations where the patient is switching to you.

I am a caregiver for 2 patients plus a patient myself, and it is hard to get across to some prospective patients the initial cost to start a medical grow, not to mention trial and error time, I can empathize with the summer heat issue this year as it caused me problems with my crop as well. I would heed the good advice to drop this greedy selfish patient and get another , with the facility you are mentioning , and the great genetics-this should be no problem! Keep it as friendly as possible, keep it green and always keep growing!

quit giving your pt, free weed! duh! I just friended you! I didnt read this first though,,this post smells a lil bit like pork to me!!

Now I may be wrong!

How in the hell does a disabled person build a grow room like you described? I will level with you, I got 8 yrs back pay when i was awarded ssdi, Im gonna be to honest here, I get 1046.00 a month, it aint bullschuette, but im sure its more than others, and with 8yrs back pay all at once, I was lucky to get my used 26ft travel trailer out if it after paying all of my debts that accumulated while i was disabled and fighting for my ssdi! just so i didnt have any bills besides living expenses!, of course im in debt again!!

sounds like you can afford to keep your selfish pt happy. so you can keep your PLANT NUMBERS! (red flag) or just dont give him any more he will quit you and you may get caught with your pants down, cause the state dont have to tell you he quit you, it is his responsebility!

Boy I sure hope he never seen any of his so-called plants! what a big misconception that is!

(but they would never of seen their so called plants to begin with, my g.r is for my eyes only!!!)

FREE THE WEED!

As a disabled person myself, I also know it would be very difficult to raise enough money to have a decent grow op like that, though not impossible, I'm sure she had help, but it's none of our business unless she reveals that. Before judging, know all the facts. Maybe she won a settlement, too, but doesn't wish to share that on a public forum.

We're all in our own unique situation. I'm glad I came in here, I learned a few things.

If I were a cg in her situation I'd ask the pt, "how would you feel if you were in my position?" Showing him the spreadsheet is a great idea, though I would've told him, "Go ahead, drop me".

Sincerely, Sb

IMHO a patient is not owed any plants back, UNLESS that patient paid for the genetics then passed them along to you. There are patients out there who recieve free meds, not all, but some. Usually these are patients who are financially strapped, not patients that can pay for the service that you provide. Simply explain to them that it costs you to grow and that that cost must be passed on to the patient. You can ill afford to continue to give away meds with no renumeration. As has been previously stated, a freebie now and then, but if he can afford the meds, then you charge for your work and efforts. Also, since the patient has given up his rights to the plants, you would be breaking the law if you were to give him any plants. He simply is not allowed to have plants. If he wishes for something to start out his own grow, tell him to show you his card stating that he is allowed, then give him a few clones. This should get him off your back, if not, drop him/her and be done with it.

Peace...j.b.

p.s. Also, I like the idea of having the patient sign a change form at the time of signing with a caregiver. That gives the caregiver an out that I hadn't thought of prior to this...always sign a patient/caregiver agreement prior to taking on a patient, that way everyone knows what to expect...

I'm sorry but if a patient designates you as the caregiver and you have the legality to grow the plants for them, the patient looses their rights to have plants. If you gave your patients live plants and sent them out the door, you are asking to get them arrested for cultivation, felony. I have heard several people on this board say that once the patient "drops" you then they "get the plants". This makes no sense since the patient cannot legally carry plants until the paperwork is adjusted. That being said, I would kill the plants before giving them to the patient. They do not get rewarded for leaving me. That's just odd?

What is also odd is you started out your reply in complete criticism of the OP, saying she is a cop and insinuating that she is lying about being disabled or whatever. That's real honor full yourself.. and very helpful on online boards. I stay away from here because I cannot tolerate it. She asked a decent question, why did you go overboard with complaining how you cannot afford something ect ect yet she has this wonderful grow room and it sounds like she is a cop because of it? Not everybody squanders their money.. Not everybody is in the same situation as you either.. So why are you critical of her without knowing the person?!

And just so you know: the State of Michigan uses a Delivery Signature, Delivery Confirmation and mails duplicate copies of the change to your caregiver status when a patient submits a change form and drops you as a caregiver. The letters state that once you receive this letter you are to destroy your card and your patients plants within 24 hours. no where are they saying give the patient the plants, nor are they saying to destroy them on notification from the patient. You are allowed to continue growing your plant count until you receive this letter. This is also the reason why I suggest NOT growing plants for a patient until you receive the card as well, especially in situations where the patient is switching to you.

what do you think i ment id rip them out and give them to them, did you think i ment alive?

when i dropped my c.g the form said to inform c.g because they do not!

maybe im not typing clear enough for you, first of all I dont know if the person is a male or female nor do i give a phaq! 2nd of all c.g bitched about giving free weed to the pt for months and how much better off financaily pt was than c.g! Than c.g rattles off something about plant numbers, like c.g is willing to give it free to keep the plant count, and than to boot spent all that cash on a g.r! If that aint calling the kettle black I dont know what is!

and no I dont believe the patient gets their so called plants back, the c.g has to get rid of them in order to stay with there limits!

Peace

FTW

Jim

That is the just the way he is, always judging people based on things that don't matter, one thread it was about how being a muslim is bad and now this. Nothing the op posted shows any signs of them being a cop at all, they just want advice on how to handle a situation with an ungrateful patient, and to that all you can do is explain to him what goes into it, what it costs you and if he wants to continue to be picky just drop him and give him what is his, if he has not paid for seeds or clones none of it is his you were just growing something you paid for for him, so if you do drop him and have more plants than you can posses you are left with 2 options, wait to drop him till the plants are ready to be pulled and then donate what you have left over to your other paitents or other members of the community, I am sure there are people out there who would be willing to work something out with you :D. Best of luck.

what do you think i ment id rip them out and give them to them, did you think i ment alive?

when i dropped my c.g the form said to inform c.g because they do not!

maybe im not typing clear enough for you, first of all I dont know if the person is a male or female nor do i give a phaq! 2nd of all c.g bitched about giving free weed to the pt for months and how much better off financaily pt was than c.g! Than c.g rattles off something about plant numbers, like c.g is willing to give it free to keep the plant count, and than to boot spent all that cash on a g.r! If that aint calling the kettle black I dont know what is!

and no I dont believe the patient gets their so called plants back, the c.g has to get rid of them in order to stay with there limits!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Those numbers they want to rattle off are so the patient can understand what goes into it and if he wants free he needs to be happy with the amount he is getting, you cannot expect all cg's to hand out 1 oz free a month or more some are worse off than the patients they are helping and just trying to make ends meet, giving out 1/2oz every 9 days will not work out in the long run. Please go somewhere else and treat other people like dirt for some reason don't do it on a site trying to help the community because it will bring nothing good.

Now I may be wrong!

FREE THE WEED!

Woah, I didn't know this would start a war on how my finances are and if I am a cop lol. That is hilarious, what cop would come up with this story, and why?

Don't worry, I don't hold grudges.

Thanks to everyone else for sticking up for me!!!! It could have gotten worse if I didn't come back on here to give youall the lowdown.

To those who are concerned, I didn't have the money, but I had the property 40 acres. Yes, amazing though it may sound, even though I am poor and making less than $1000 a month, I actually own my own house!

so my good patient (who does have money) saw this perfect place in the woods & a pole barn & went into business with me so we could do it right. He wants the best weed, so we are in the process of doing so. I am still in my previous grow room of only 3,600 watts. That is why I don't have better patients. I wasn't going to advertise for good patients, until I was sure I could provide for them. I definitely will not tolerate this in the future.

I've gotten a lot of good advice. This is good for all caregivers & patients to hear. I'm just giving him this information on how to drop me, and be done with it.

I just wanted to thank ugmj, I will definitely take your advice.

Woah, I didn't know this would start a war on how my finances are and if I am a cop lol. That is hilarious, what cop would come up with this story, and why?

Don't worry, I don't hold grudges.

Thanks to everyone else for sticking up for me!!!! It could have gotten worse if I didn't come back on here to give youall the lowdown.

To those who are concerned, I didn't have the money, but I had the property 40 acres. Yes, amazing though it may sound, even though I am poor and making less than $1000 a month, I actually own my own house!

so my good patient (who does have money) saw this perfect place in the woods & a pole barn & went into business with me so we could do it right. He wants the best weed, so we are in the process of doing so. I am still in my previous grow room of only 3,600 watts. That is why I don't have better patients. I wasn't going to advertise for good patients, until I was sure I could provide for them. I definitely will not tolerate this in the future.

I've gotten a lot of good advice. This is good for all caregivers & patients to hear. I'm just giving him this information on how to drop me, and be done with it.

You do not have to explain your financial situation to anyone, people i know very well manage to live a good life off 1000 or less a month, small apartment and child support, still has no debt at all, how you paid for your grow room is your business if he wants to question it he should ask how to budget to avoid debt, you keep doing what you are doing and always remember that what you are doing is right as long as you feel it is, once you stop feeling that it is time for a change.

Hi,

My question is to other caregivers

I have a guy who signed up with me in late June but didn't get his card until Sept 10. Even though I didn't have his card, I still gave him free meds this summer. (after the mailing time was added in) I've been giving him at least 1/2 oz per month free. This guy has not given me one dime, but he is the most demanding person I have ever dealt with. He continually criticizes my weed, even though I give him all buds of white rhino, super silver haze, og kush ak47 and lemon skunk. That is hardly dirt weed! I always respond that all he needs to do is buy the seeds he likes and I would be happy to grow it for him, but he is happier complaining. (cheap & ignorant..he said he smoked some super weed (with seeds in it)and said he'd "try" to get the guy to give him some.)

I've been giving patient 1/4oz to 1/3 oz every other week, but this month Oct 10 I gave him 1/2 oz.(because he was becoming a pest, so I thought I'd give it to him all at once) He was calling me 9 days later demanding more! He is saying he wants 1 1/2 oz free and that he "heard" he should be getting that much free. I know..I regret having anything writing, will do a patient contract from now on.

This guy was officially my patient on Sept 10 of this year. I have given him at least 3 oz free. This guy isn't even low income, he is just cheap! He is way better off financially than me. I'm on disability & trying to get off it. He has no intention of ever buying from me. He wouldn't dream of paying $300 for an oz of weed, yet he wants the very best of the best.

On answering machine: this guy is threatening to drop me because I don't give him enough weed & don't call him back. He also "heard" that I have to give him my plants. That is a joke, he hasn't even bought one seed. What is the best way to deal with this guy, give him a list of my expenses for the last 3 months? I already know this guy will never be happy. I could give him the best weed ever and he would say that it wasn't that good. What is the process for dropping a patient? Do you have any ideas on how to manage that type of personality or is it better to just drop? It sucks losing plant numbers just when I'm starting to get an unbelievable tree grow growing.

I had a terrible summer dealing w/ heat issues in my previous grow room, so I really lost my donkey on the entire grow. That is not my patient's fault, I know, but I still gave them what we verbally agreed upon at my own expense. People really have no idea how much expenses go into this. My electric bill just for August was $880. My partner & I spent over $30,000 building a perfect grow room on 40 private acres. Now I have a large building, I have 10 tons of a/c, 24,000 watts of light, the best sealed grow room, the best genetics, but if I continue to attract patients like this, how am I going to stay afloat? I would like advice on how to deal with patients when you give them free meds. Do most of you do this, or does this attract people who will just use you?

i would hope u never showed him the grow???? assuming that drop him him hand him his card in 4 pieces tell him to find something better

Archived