Trash Vs. Law Enforcement

StonedPlanet

I used to be a garbage man, so I know exactly how it works with them. Basically if law enforcement has a suspicion about your doings, they will contact the management of the trash men and this is the result:

Note: Law Enforcement MUST observe this operation at all times - they will be on your street watching the truck.

1. The garbage truck will start at the closest end of the block to your house..

2. They will pull both sides of the trash down to your house.

3. They will begin to pull just one side of the street, then turn around at the end of the block and pull the other side, leaving your trash for last.

4. After they throw your neighbor's trash into the "hopper" they will run the blade to press all of the trash into the box of the truck.

5. Then they proceed to YOUR house with a empty hopper and put your trash into the truck.

6. Law enforcement will follow the truck to a safer location (we were directed to go behind a drug store once) and they will take your trash from the truck.

My guess is that they will go through your trash back at the station..

I had to do this once for a company I used to work for. The word was that the guy was robbin money from his company, then throwing the evidence (paperwork) into the trash.

Now comes the part where the guy should have thought about his actions and used his FIREPLACE! For God's sake, the man had a chimney and could have burnt EVERYTHING!

Instead the man is probably still in prison where he may have still ended up even without them going through his trash, but that would have given them less evidence to work with..

BURN EVERYTHING!

p.s. I am not just paranoid, I know how they operate when it comes to secretly going through your trash..

The fact that leo planted pot in the garbage is hard to prove. But who throws away a good 1/4 oz. Maybe seeds and stems, but good bud? And if they did, what are the chances leo would pull the trash in that one in a million scenario? A bag of good bud = LEO planted in the trash to get a warrant.

The fact that leo planted pot in the garbage is hard to prove. But who throws away a good 1/4 oz. Maybe seeds and stems, but good bud? And if they did, what are the chances leo would pull the trash in that one in a million scenario? A bag of good bud = LEO planted in the trash to get a warrant.

This does bring up a good point about medical marijuana waste take back programs.

Such as we see with electronics at Best Buy, or soda bottles at Meijer, we need to see the Hydro Shops begin a take back program for there products packaging.

Its all about being green when your making the green...

I used to be a garbage man, so I know exactly how it works with them. Basically if law enforcement has a suspicion about your doings, they will contact the management of the trash men and this is the result:

Note: Law Enforcement MUST observe this operation at all times - they will be on your street watching the truck.

1. The garbage truck will start at the closest end of the block to your house..

2. They will pull both sides of the trash down to your house.

3. They will begin to pull just one side of the street, then turn around at the end of the block and pull the other side, leaving your trash for last.

4. After they throw your neighbor's trash into the "hopper" they will run the blade to press all of the trash into the box of the truck.

5. Then they proceed to YOUR house with a empty hopper and put your trash into the truck.

6. Law enforcement will follow the truck to a safer location (we were directed to go behind a drug store once) and they will take your trash from the truck.

My guess is that they will go through your trash back at the station..

I had to do this once for a company I used to work for. The word was that the guy was robbin money from his company, then throwing the evidence (paperwork) into the trash.

Now comes the part where the guy should have thought about his actions and used his FIREPLACE! For God's sake, the man had a chimney and could have burnt EVERYTHING!

Instead the man is probably still in prison where he may have still ended up even without them going through his trash, but that would have given them less evidence to work with..

BURN EVERYTHING!

p.s. I am not just paranoid, I know how they operate when it comes to secretly going through your trash..

Thanks for the insider tip, tips like this I can trust - as its from the working man inside! It can't be too hard to spot the unmarked car trailing a garbage truck on your block...

Toss your branches, sun leaves, and even harvested main stems on to the lawn before you run the lawnmower - works great. Never put boxes your grow gear came in out for trash, burn it or midnight run. Don't flush your trim or leaves, people are finding they need a plumber soon.

Watch your perlite - dumping the old potting soil around your place is an obvious sign - all those white gleaming bits say "Hey I am REALLY into potting!". Some houses I have been to have more perlite on their property than some greenhouses I been to! I might dig a hole and start dumping it underground..

And.. there was some rumor that smell of marijuana or growing stuff in the trash is not considered enough evidence for a criminal warrant by some judges - as they know the grow could be legal. But I am sure that varies depending on your karma!

-DN

Nice post. I have seen many search warrants over the years, often they will include a "trash pull." Often the actual procedure listed in the police report does not account for the chain of custody or lack of chain of custody that you described. During a trial not to long ago, during cross examination of the officer that pulled the trash, testified about the facts and procedure that you described, when it was always assumed that the police themselves took the trash. Nevertheless your conclusions are correct, Burn everything, flush everything, throw nothing into the garbage. Your garbage is something the United States Supreme Court has said "you do not have an expectation to privacy over." you put it out there, the government can take it, look at it and use it against you and they will. Flush and burn, is a a much safer way to go.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:30 p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/planetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Well tell you what i do to keep my garbage safe from prying eyes i keep a trash can in my garden area everything i dont use goes into this can then into a hefty bag i then take it with me to an undisclosed area and toss it into a dumpster all along watching to see if anyones following me .

Well tell you what i do to keep my garbage safe from prying eyes i keep a trash can in my garden area everything i dont use goes into this can then into a hefty bag i then take it with me to an undisclosed area and toss it into a dumpster all along watching to see if anyones following me .

King, my man... you is the 007 of the MMJ world, Baby.

'Slippin' and 'sliden'... 'peepin' and 'hiden'.

Smoooooth!

But I heard the 'Queen of England' misses you and wants you to come back to work.

And you CAN"T let the 'Queen' down, Baby.

King, my man... you is the 007 of the MMJ world, Baby.

'Slippin' and 'sliden'... 'peepin' and 'hiden'.

Smoooooth!

But I heard the 'Queen of England' misses you and wants you to come back to work.

And you CAN"T let the 'Queen' down, Baby.

That reminds me of a time in Pittsfield Twp when the city called our supervisor to clean up a mess that was dumped on the side of a dirt road..

As I am back there picking up some crap that looked a little familiar I saw it! There was a stalk sticking out of one of them, and some leaves on the ground too!

Someone had just finished a illegal harvest and dumped their hydro crap on the side of the road..

Hmm.... I wonder what would happen if you slipped the occasional road killed skunk in your trash? :)

I've packed a few skunks into the truck in my days as a trash man.. Most of the time when you smash them in there, you will continue to smell it until you make it to the dump and get rid of the load..

People really don't care what they throw away.. I dumped a can in Livonia once and saw some fur fall out.. so I looked in the hopper and there was a possum, alive and kickin!

I had a guy once put some dead mice on the very top of his garbage can (the can was already over-filled with bags of trash).. Since the mice were not in a bag and fell to the ground I decided they were not considered "contained garbage" and left them for the home owner to deal with.. He got pisssed and ran out yelling about why I didn't take the mice. I told him that they fell off the top of the bag as I moved the can, and that if he had taken 10 seconds to put them into a bag (contain them) then I would take them, but he didn't and I am not required to pick up trash that is not contained not to mention dead animals are NOT trash.. He started rantin and ravin, so I got on the back of the truck and had the driver pull to the next stop.. The angry man actually started picking up the dead mice with his bare hands and throw them at me.. He had quite a mess the following week when half of the trash was stuck in a can and I flipped it over just as I would've if I had dumped it entirely.. I could only imagine the expression on his face when he flipped the can to take it back up to the house..

The same man still didn't learn what contained trash was for another month or so, and every week I was sure to leave him a mess..

BE NICE TO YOUR GARBAGE MAN! People think of the trash man as someone that is worthless and below them in some standard.. Give your garbage man a christmas tip this year, and I bet he will remember your house for a long time and be sure to NOT leave a mess! I had a customer who used to give me $100 every year for christmas.. They never had a piece of trash on the ground when I left their stop!

Hmm.... I wonder what would happen if you slipped the occasional road killed skunk in your trash? :)

That is what I thought too, the big "what if" I have a pet skunk or grow Michigan Skunk Cabbage (I swear that smells like MJ to me).

I trash only plastic stuff, milk jugs n candy wrappers... all paper type things are sent to the sky in a shimmer of intense heat and smoke.

Kinda scary to see nobody else do this in my hood, you know with all the identity theft and crazy cops planting evidence n all.

FLAME ON!!!!!11!!

BE NICE TO YOUR GARBAGE MAN! People think of the trash man as someone that is worthless and below them in some standard.. Give your garbage man a christmas tip this year, and I bet he will remember your house for a long time and be sure to NOT leave a mess! I had a customer who used to give me $100 every year for christmas.. They never had a piece of trash on the ground when I left their stop!

Last year my old lady and I made chocolate and vanilla Rum balls for our two Garbage men... now We get a really HUGE grin from them... I think they are looking for some more Rum balls this year.

Oh yeah, I only have to take the can to the curb about every two to three weeks... real nice without the paper waste filling up the bin.

BURN or RECYCLE (or dump at McD's dumpsters) your paperwaste.

Archived