"an Ounce Of Marijuana Can Make 1000 Joints"

Go read the comments section on that article and most cannabis articles across this country the tide is slowly turning with more and more people accepting cannabis as a harmless herb that helps with stress no longer are the thoughts of reefer madness the norm now the average people are educated and accepting of marijuana now its only the politicians and law enforcement that continue to bash cannabis.

now the average people are educated and accepting of marijuana now its only the politicians and law enforcement that continue to bash cannabis.

yeah, and unfortunately a lot of 65+ aged voters, aka, the "reefer madness" generation. prop 19 failed in california because so many of this demographic votes, and so few of the younger generations.

yeah, and unfortunately a lot of 65+ aged voters, aka, the "reefer madness" generation. prop 19 failed in california because so many of this demographic votes, and so few of the younger generations.

The AARP has supported medical marijuana in the past. The older people are very much in favor of cheap medicine that helps. Prop 19 fail because it was poorly drafted, it left out several key points,and sadly a lot of the marijuana community voted against it. Marijuana has proven to be the one issue that will get the youth out. While the Dems got slaughtered across the nation, they did well in California. The youth came out.

When i have time i plan to make a post of that issue...this may very well be our means to legalization in 2012.

Cannabis is thankfully losing its undo reputation as an evil demonic plant. Time, education, and the will of the people is turning the tide and someday cannabis will be socially acceptable with-out prejudice.

Best comment I ever heard was from an eighty year old gentlemen when asked about people who smoke marijuana; "So what, no big deal like a beer" exactly how I have always felt even before I really understood the reason I like it IS because of the medical value.

When I medicate with cannabis I get the same feeling and result I'd receive if my Doctor prescribed Vicodin. I don't hurt as bad, able to relax, but I don't have to worry about becoming addicted, damaging my kidneys and or liver, or overdosing and killing myself.

I recall an item in a newspaper years ago that stated (I'm para-phrasing here) "a pound of marijuana can generate $100,000.00 of illegal profit at the street level" To this day I cannot figure out how they come up with that amount.

Its misinformation like that given to the general public that has helped demonize marijuana and kept many a politician in office. With the Internet playing such a vital role in today's mass communication it also gives people (who have Internet access) the ability to find the truth about cannabis and anything else they want to learn about.

The Internet also makes us stewards of the truth about cannabis and when we see lies or misinformation we have to do our best to rebuke it.

I think there is probably, IMHO, an "untapped" market of patients within nursing homes across the state.

If some people who had certain ailments who reside in them, and had an opportunity to try some medibles or perhaps some capsules; they would tell their friends who in turn may also try it. Soon we may have an entire new voting block of patients who would know the truth and be set free.

Archived