State Should Set Up Dispensary System...

Guest Happy Guy

420PeaceOnEarth Happy Guy,

They may b doing things similiar.

But here is my take.

Marijuana has been the victim of probition and maybe the most effective onslaught of propaganda in the history of media...

All this time Marijuana Lovers hve dreamed and planed what they would do if they could get rid of the legal liability.

So now a lot of people r working their plans.

Some will win in the Market Place of Ideas.

When I was a kid in the 60's there was 500 Snowmobiles Companies...

Some of these professed marijuana lovers seem to love money a tad bit more. From secret recipes to shops that just flip for a profit all day long, they hide in cannabis clothing and silently smile greedily. Is Kuiper a cannabis warrior? He has a plan for what he would do when it becomes legal. So does Anthony and his people. Just because you have a plan to make money off cannabis doesn't instantly make you a hero. It could be the reason you are a villain.

Here's an idea for all involved that is working elsewhere. Let's say you want to find a strain that works for you. you visit a dispensary and find a strain that you like and it is effective for your condition. Now keep in mind that most dispensaries have a "menu" that changes daily. now here it is a month later & you want/need the same strain but the dispensary does not have it in stock.

Here's the idea, you can try another strain or the dispensary can get hold of the caregiver that is growing that particular strain that the patient wants or needs.The dispensary relays the info to the caregiver. The caregiver can then privately contact the patient in need and a private "get together" can be arranged. The patient gets the strain from the grower/caregiver instead of the dispensary.

This would be a great service the dispensaries could provide for the patients

Great for the grower/caregivers too

thanks......

thats called a club, not a dispensary. Many dispensaries seem to revolve their relationships around the cash register. The club environment requires people to know each other and work together - to be a club. Leaders organize the people, and helps get them started. The club - allows everyone to help - and benefit. Not just the guy running the cash register. The grower can still choose to be anonymous, and the patient is still taught how to become independent - as not to 'need' to be reliant on distribution. The intent is not to make the patient need a 'dispensary'. And perhaps as that patient become successful, and grows - he will also benefit from helping other patients. The idea is EVERYONE benefits from the MMMP, not just the guy with a cash register or mafia.

The MOCC has such a model, and other clubs have I have been to have similar models - a farmer's market, for example is just that club's way of networking its members. We do it more privately.

-DN

Neither you nor I speak for all patients, or what they need or want. Some patients do want and or need dispensaries, and therefore they should have that option, as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights and protections of the rest of us.

Simple as that.

Well said RevThad. Well said.

Mizerman

p.s. Oh the weather outside is frightful and I'm sicker than a dog and that ain't delightful. But, I have to muster up the energy to shop before I pass out on the floor in a pile of snot and drop :thumbsd::rolleyes::lol:

Some of these professed marijuana lovers seem to love money a tad bit more. From secret recipes to shops that just flip for a profit all day long, they hide in cannabis clothing and silently smile greedily. Is Kuiper a cannabis warrior? He has a plan for what he would do when it becomes legal. So does Anthony and his people. Just because you have a plan to make money off cannabis doesn't instantly make you a hero. It could be the reason you are a villain.

I think u & me share much of the same fealing just a different aproach...

Guest Happy Guy

They mentioned it in a meeting with some people. Nothing in writing. Wink and a nod type thing. They will wait for the courts to decide. But at that one moment, one of the higher ups that go to the meetings said she thought it might end up being legal. Might have been throwing a bone to some people that were being very courteous and diplomatic at the time. Catching flies with honey.... amazing what you can accomplish. It still has to be solidified in court for us to be in a position of strength with it.

Rev. Do you have a link for this? That really is great news if it is their policy.

Sure, it comes from an article in The Midwest Cultivator...

Found here

TMC asked MSP Inspector Greg

Zarotney for clarification on several issues.

Inspector Zarotney, of the Field Services

Bureau in Lansing, which oversees the

patrol and investigative arm of the MSP, is

responsible for providing information on

enforcement policy to state police posts.

TMC: Does your interpretation of

the MMMA allow for patient-to-patient

transfers of marijuana?

Inspector Zarotney: First of all, we are

law enforcers. We don’t interpret the law, we

read and enforce the law. It’s the courts’ job

to interpret the law. We put information out

to the field regarding changes to the law.

This law doesn’t need too much

interpretation regarding transfers of

marijuana between patients. If you read

from the law, the definition of medical use

is straightforward in that it clearly allows

for the acquisition, possession, delivery, and

transfer of marihuana within the confines

of the law.

Sixty three percent of the people passed

this law, and law enforcement must accept

the fact that the law is here to stay and we

have to work within the law’s confines.

In a more recent event with a lobbiest a MSP attorney said the same thing.

if P2P was OK then thing will look good for us but the courts will tell us and the courts have only said one thing so far C.O.A. and that was STOP using or lose every thing and go to jail

that is the only thing that has been said as far as having any meaning

if P2P was OK then thing will look good for us but the courts will tell us and the courts have only said one thing so far C.O.A. and that was STOP using or lose every thing and go to jail

that is the only thing that has been said as far as having any meaning

Bob .. I'll say it again.

Your arrest would never have taken place today.

We've had a couple of years now. The law is better understood and more respected.

The officer involved learned because of you. The next time he runs into a patient he will treat them better.

The chief of police learned things. the PA learned things (and she isn't happy about what she learned)

Judges have learned things. Through the entire system you and Torey have made a difference.

And as a result of what has been learned by these people, the events that took place at your home will take place here in Michigan less and less.

In Oakland county, the sheriff swears that no patient within limits will be arrested. Your case would not happen today. Not in Oakland county.

Why they would continue this fight against you is beyond me. They're just trying to save some face, I think.

They should chalk it up to education and just plain drop your case.

I think u & me share much of the same fealing just a different aproach...

RANCH MAN - U'VE BEEN IN IT FOR THE $$$$ SINCE DAY 1 - WHY ELSE THE "WAYNE WASHTENAW 'WE WANT UR $, PLEASE GIVE US UR $' COMPASSION CLUB" FOOTER ON ALL UR MSG'S - AND LET'S NVR FORGET UR LIL' 2009 MARCH IN LANSING WHERE U FAILED TO PAY ASSOCIATED BILLS U AGREED TO PAY, THEREBY STICKING OTHERS TO FOOT UR BILL - AND SHOWING ALL OF US UR TRUE COLORS IN THE PROCESS - RANCH MAN ALL U WANT IS EASY $ - IF IT WERE JUST ABOUT THE GANJA U'D JUST GROW ENUF FOR URSEF AND MIND UR OWN

RANCH MAN - U'VE BEEN IN IT FOR THE $$$$ SINCE DAY 1 - WHY ELSE THE "WAYNE WASHTENAW 'WE WANT UR $, PLEASE GIVE US UR $' COMPASSION CLUB" FOOTER ON ALL UR MSG'S - AND LET'S NVR FORGET UR LIL' 2009 MARCH IN LANSING WHERE U FAILED TO PAY ASSOCIATED BILLS U AGREED TO PAY, THEREBY STICKING OTHERS TO FOOT UR BILL - AND SHOWING ALL OF US UR TRUE COLORS IN THE PROCESS - RANCH MAN ALL U WANT IS EASY $ - IF IT WERE JUST ABOUT THE GANJA U'D JUST GROW ENUF FOR URSEF AND MIND UR OWN

420PeaceOnEarth rope-a-dope,

May u & yours have a Merry Christmas

I will just go on with my life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG7TZEaO6lI

Look .. if the price is to high, don't buy.

Isn't that simple?

The fact is that it is difficult to find a high quality caregiver.

Even more so for someone that has never been exposed directly to marijuana before.

How many dispensaries carry clones? Most of them, from what I've seen.

Perhaps the best thing is to make one single visit to get clones and then never come back. Patients could choose to spend their money for overseas seeds or for local clones.

Bill Schuette claimed in 2008 that our current law, proposed at that time, would implicitly legalize dispensaries. BS is no friend of mmj. As an enemy of our law and former Court of Appeals judge, he read the proposed law and came to that conclusion. That the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act legalizes dispensaries without regulating them.

What we don't have right now is regulation of dispensaries. That regulatory structure was removed from our proposed law. Again .. it is the regulations about dispensaries that we don't have. Right now, it's a free for all. Our next attorney general sees us in a situation where they are both legal and unregulated.

PS I know of caregivers charging $600 per ounce.

Again .. if the price is to high, buy it somewhere else.

I agree with you. If you dont want to use a dispensary, then dont. It is an option for people who want it.

Guest Happy Guy

I agree with you. If you dont want to use a dispensary, then dont. It is an option for people who want it.

If it were just a choice issue then there would be no issue. Some would have you believe it's just a simple choice issue. Don't be confused by them. The two issues are tied; Dispensaries and A Patient's Right to Grow.

There is proof that some dispensary advocates have worked to end the patient's right to grow as they position themselves for a monopoly in that area.

There is proof that state regulated dispensaries are doing the same thing. We don't want to end up like Arizona with their state set up dispensary system where patients can't grow for themselves.

If it were just a choice issue then there would be no issue. Some would have you believe it's just a simple choice issue. Don't be confused by them. The two issues are tied; Dispensaries and A Patient's Right to Grow.

There is proof that some dispensary advocates have worked to end the patient's right to grow as they position themselves for a monopoly in that area.

There is proof that state regulated dispensaries are doing the same thing. We don't want to end up like Arizona with their state set up dispensary system where patients can't grow for themselves.

Never have I said a patient's right to grow should be compromised.

However, it IS a choice issue.

The law was written for patients.

Patients need more and better choices.

Keep the same patient/caregiver system for those that it works for.

Allow patients to go to a dispensary when the need arises...

Mizerman

They can try but the tie won't bind...

Guest Happy Guy

Tell that to the patients of Arizona.

The biggest mistake we can make is to just think it's a choice issue. Who cares if patients waste their own money? I don't want to be faced with the choice of either wasting my money or being illegal.

Guest Happy Guy

Never have I said a patient's right to grow should be compromised.

However, it IS a choice issue.

The law was written for patients.

Patients need more and better choices.

Keep the same patient/caregiver system for those that it works for.

Allow patients to go to a dispensary when the need arises...

Mizerman

Then you really don't want a state regulated dispensary system. Have you read Arizona's rules yet? Or are you totally just 'going for it' because you see yourself in a good position 'right now' with a dispensary?

Then you really don't want a state regulated dispensary system. Have you read Arizona's rules yet? Or are you totally just 'going for it' because you see yourself in a good position 'right now' with a dispensary?

There is nothing wrong with a state regulated dispensary in addition to the current patient/caregiver system.

Patients need better choices...

Mizerman

p.s. the law was written for patients - not for caregivers

Guest Happy Guy

There is nothing wrong with a state regulated dispensary in addition to the current patient/caregiver system.

Patients need better choices...

Mizerman

p.s. the law was written for patients - not for caregivers

Nothing wrong? I get ya. So you like it that Arizona's state regulated dispensary system makes it so patients can't grow if they live within 25 miles of one.

WTF is that ps all about dude? LOL :blink: Same people wrote Arizona's law as ours and it screws the heck out of patients. Watch out for trends. Times are a changing and not for the better with MPP, wording and state regulated dispensary systems.

Nothing wrong? I get ya. So you like it that Arizona's state regulated dispensary system makes it so patients can't grow if they live within 25 miles of one.

WTF is that ps all about dude? LOL :blink: Same people wrote Arizona's law as ours and it screws the heck out of patients. Watch out for trends. Times are a changing and not for the better with MPP, wording and state regulated dispensary systems.

I'm not talking about Arizona. I'm talking about Michigan.

Go to Walgreens and buy some Focus Factor

Guest Happy Guy

I'm not talking about Arizona. I'm talking about Michigan.

Go to Walgreens and buy some Focus Factor

Let us know when you have the wording and we can focus better. Nothing to focus on except what has been written already, like Arizona and Kuiper's Bills.