Grow Classes

EdwardGlen

Evening all, hope you're all staying warm.

Has anyone paid for or know someone who has paid for grow classes that are offered by several different schools for cannabis growing. We have a friend who wants to become a caregiver but also wants to learn how to grow before she offers her services.

"Margret" does have gardening experience with the usual flowers and veggies but like she said "if this going to be someone medication or mine I want it right"

She liked to know which school offers the most rounded curriculum that covers all the growing techniques.

Her questions

1) Were the instructors knowledgeable in what they taught or did they always seem to need to go back to their book and check to be sure what they just said was correct.

2) How many people per class.

3) What learning materials are included in tuition. (Books, Software, Genetics, etc.)

4) What is the student required to purchase aside from paying tuition.

5) Was the length of classes equal to tuition amount and any additional monies that needed to be spent.

Looking forward to hearing back from the community

Peace

I would tell your friend to save her money and become active on this board. I've learned everything on this board and I'm getting there. I'm pretty sure every single piece of information she needs is buried somewhere on this site. She's got to spend a few weeks reviewing the material, absorbing it, and asking questions. That would be a great start. You've been here a long time. Didn't you suggest her coming to this site?

I just think that these 'schools' give you the same information that is already on the Internet for free. Only with the school, you only get 1 or 2 perspectives...

But if she's got the money and wants to go that route, go for it. I don't have any helpful information about the schools. :)

I would tell your friend to save her money and become active on this board. I've learned everything on this board and I'm getting there. I'm pretty sure every single piece of information she needs is buried somewhere on this site. She's got to spend a few weeks reviewing the material, absorbing it, and asking questions. That would be a great start. You've been here a long time. Didn't you suggest her coming to this site?

I just think that these 'schools' give you the same information that is already on the Internet for free. Only with the school, you only get 1 or 2 perspectives...

But if she's got the money and wants to go that route, go for it. I don't have any helpful information about the schools. :)

"Marge" is a member of MMMA,NORML,and reading is fine but hands on training with real cannabis plants in real world situations is going to help her be a better CG and cultivator.

When I first started my grow I had read volumes of grow posts went to the library and surfed the net for weeks it seemed and I still ran into things that only an experienced grower could help me with.

Thanks for the reply

Peace

I'm just taking some plain old botany courses, I have a fairly good understanding of growing MJ, and many years experience.

Now I want to broaden my plant knowledge base.

I'm really looking forward to the class on propagation.

It's just a weed when you get right down to it, not that tough to grow.

I think main stream botany courses are the way to go if you want to learn more.

Many classes will give you no hands on experience with cannabis. You will be growing lettuce or tomatoes if anything (at least here in MI I guess there are some CA places that give hands on with cannabis but that would be very costly.) I would save your money and get Marijuana Horticulture Indoor/Outdoor Growers Bible by Jorge Cervantes and read the forums here. Consider starting with something easy and pretty fool proof like hempy buckets.

hi

i like that she is wanting to do this and think its a good idea but i have not found any schools within the state that works with the plant in the class room they do a lot of ? and answers they show you the basics... she has those now when i decided to start growing i watch a few shows on the net d/l those to review and refresh my mind... i was told by others out here just jump in and learn from the plant yes its hard that way but you learn and love what it teaches you... id say grow for your self then when you have that first grow done you will know if you want to do this for others... i think is best to just jump in both feet and start even if you do a class your going to make mistakes and will need help in finding out how to fix them... only benefit of a class is you will get to know others and create a network of others... which if your involved here you have that now just not using it right... the answers are on this site and a few others also... the bonus here is you know some here and these people are and willing to help at no cost... its you to you and personally id put the 300 or more dollars into good hardware and strains to grow but its your money to use as you want... good luck and dont forget we have some of the best growers right on here and only a typed message away...

abbe

u can have the classes...spend hundreds and you will most def learn.... or you could spend 20 bucks on a book.

Yes the hands on training is great... they will tell you how to do then you go home and do it.... if you read a book in the other room its just like the classes but cheaper. oh ya and with a book u can always go back n learn more later.

Has anyone paid for or know someone who has paid for grow classes that are offered by several different schools for cannabis growing. We have a friend who wants to become a caregiver but also wants to learn how to grow before she offers her services.

"Margret" does have gardening experience with the usual flowers and veggies but like she said "if this going to be someone medication or mine I want it right"

She liked to know which school offers the most rounded curriculum that covers all the growing techniques.

Her questions

1) Were the instructors knowledgeable in what they taught or did they always seem to need to go back to their book and check to be sure what they just said was correct.

3) What learning materials are included in tuition. (Books, Software, Genetics, etc.)

5) Was the length of classes equal to tuition amount and any additional monies that needed to be spent.

Peace

Looks like an interesting way to obtain information that would be used to target market the social network and this community for yourpotential services offering.

Oops…did I type that out loud? Sorry. Must be my marketing mind set engaged and active.

Let me be clear: I like it! Good luck with that.

Her questions

Peace

http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/

send her this link>>>

IMO dont spend the money on a "college". use the money for basic equipment and practice. practice practice practice. the internet will give you all the info you need. the hands on experience will be far more valuable than having someone tell you what you can read for free. grow from seed first, watch what happens. force problems on your plants to see what happens and practice fixing the issues. overwater, burn with nutes, hack the plant in veg and see what she does to repair herself. you cant get this kiind of experience from a college.

go to CC meetings, meet other growers.

spend the same amount of time (if not more cause its free) dedicated everyday educating yourself with the same dedication and discipline that you would driving to a class to be taught what someone else has gathered from the internet for free.

this site is a boundless resource for information on all aspects of marihuana cultivation, processing and consumption. check out BG's posts and the other tutorials on the site, you just cant pay for the quality of information these kind people offer.

again thats just MHO

good luck, adn green crops ahead!!

ya this is a great place for her!! i joined a couple of months back and so far i have been accused of being leo by several "upstanding" members, some of my posts have been deleted due to someone not agreeing with them... i was sold bunk seeds and chastised by mods in open forum.... ya real nice place as long as you've been a member for a long time or know someone... i have never felt so unwelcome at a forum! i give this post 10 min and it will be gone!

ya this is a great place for her!! i joined a couple of months back and so far i have been accused of being leo by several "upstanding" members, some of my posts have been deleted due to someone not agreeing with them... i was sold bunk seeds and chastised by mods in open forum.... ya real nice place as long as you've been a member for a long time or know someone... i have never felt so unwelcome at a forum! i give this post 10 min and it will be gone!

the reception you get around here is directly proportionate to the text you input to the page....the thing is, this plant makes people very passionate. some folks post, and yell then think, it should be the other way around think first yell later..... but we r human. we all are flawed to that extent. truth is, i have seen amazing compassion on this site, and i would tell anyone and everyone to come here and learn. being human, having a passionate opinion, and defending it against unsurmountable odds will always be what keeps America strong and growing.

don't offend someone by belittling and i can promise your opinion will be heard.... attack a person instead of an idea, and the post should and may become deleted, and corrective actions are then needed.

First of all just buy her a book for Christmas. I have been on this site for almost 3 years, Alot of info on here is posted by new growers. Second you're right about this site being takin over by a couple of mods. Very harsh in there comments and always right. I have actualy been shocked at what they post and what they ban people for. There are more than 1 ways to skin a cat.

SORRY MR. GLEN.

but i need to make an off topic post. i hope to not offend you.

, some of my posts have been deleted due to someone not agreeing with them..

seriously?? when was this?? i just spent 15 minutes rummaging through 6 pages of trash..... i took it back to november 1st and there isnt ONE SINGLE POST FROM YOU IN THERE??

i was sold bunk seeds and chastised by mods in open forum....

where? got links? show me.

First of all just buy her a book for Christmas. I have been on this site for almost 3 years, Alot of info on here is posted by new growers. Second you're right about this site being takin over by a couple of mods. Very harsh in there comments and always right. I have actualy been shocked at what they post and what they ban people for. There are more than 1 ways to skin a cat.

THANKS FOR MAKING THAT CLEAR!! YOU ARE 100% CORRECT!!

most of the info posted on this site is by newer growers. THANK GOD we have a few experienced people to fix new grower probs and to correct any mis-information that may be given out to other newer growers.

we are here to stop the spread of bad info.... ie., your buddy pipefitter who hasnt had a post deleted in 3 months (ill go back further if i need)

trust me, i am shocked at the ignornace on this site as well. i am shocked that sometimes i have to tell someone 47 times something before they understand it.... i thought that was over after my children both turned 5 years old??

THANK GOD we have mods to keep this site clean and in order...... or nobody would come here at all. trust me, i been around site forums long enough to see a ton of them go under.

you have NO IDEA how many times a member SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED but then gets a stern talking to instead. you have no idea what may go on behind the scenes when a mod or admin contact another member about their ways via email or p.m.

some people managed to get banned privately and you never even knew they were here.... some make it public.

but anyways, THANKS FOR POINTING OUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MODERATION ON THIS SITE!!

most of the info posted on this site is by newer growers. THANK GOD we have a few experienced people to fix new grower probs and to correct any mis-information that may be given out to other newer growers.

we are here to stop the spread of bad info.... ie., your buddy pipefitter who hasnt had a post deleted in 3 months (ill go back further if i need)

trust me, i am shocked at the ignornace on this site as well. i am shocked that sometimes i have to tell someone 47 times something before they understand it.... i thought that was over after my children both turned 5 years old??

THANK GOD we have mods to keep this site clean and in order...... or nobody would come here at all. trust me, i been around site forums long enough to see a ton of them go under.

you have NO IDEA how many times a member SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED but then gets a stern talking to instead. you have no idea what may go on behind the scenes when a mod or admin contact another member about their ways via email or p.m.

some people managed to get banned privately and you never even knew they were here.... some make it public.

but anyways, THANKS FOR POINTING OUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MODERATION ON THIS SITE!!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

maybe someone moved my posts then but i cant find them! you always want facts bg, how about you show me some facts! show me your degree in growing... ya ya ya i know you have been growing for 100 years, i may be new to hydro but i am not new to growing!! my degree is like many here, its from the school of hard knox! start showing some tact bg, you come across like a donkey mainly because you attack members like me for saying something you dont agree with, its demeaning and prevents members from feeling a comfort level to make more posts because they dont want to be degraded. i notice you commented on everything in my post except the accusations of me being leo! sup with that! also if you are so "shocked by the arrogance of others" on this board then your own arrogance must must be a real thrill to you. you say "your buddy pipefitterman" why do you so feel the need to attack me bg and use so much sarcasm when posting in a thread of mine???? i have not done a thing to you since i joined this site! you bg should be removed from your position on this site, you are unprofessional and lack tact! i suppose i will be on the banned list soon too huh!

you bg should be removed from your position on this site, you are unprofessional and lack tact! i suppose i will be on the banned list soon too huh!

nope, but i have blocked you from harassing me anymore via p.m. and now consider you a select member of the preschoolers (5year old and under capabilities) on this site.

i hope you find the happiness and maturity you need.

My friend took a class by detroit some where and they actually worked with marijuana plants. He did not take it for the growing but the legal part. They had Matt Abel there to explain and answer all questions about the law. That part alone was worth the money and even though he had me for growing knowledge I had never done a SCROG grow and they had a plant grown out in SCROG and even I learned something so if you have the money I would recommend it. I will be talking to my friend later today and I will post the info.

Archived