Kingdiamonds Headbangers Ball!

First I've heard of the new Alice in Chains. It's pretty good!

I'm not sure but it sounds like they quantized the audio a lot in Pro Tools. You know how the timing sounds smoother than smooth? It's killer production anyway whether they did or didn't.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

This next entry is only half serious KD. These bands were not known at all for headbanging, but they sometimes showed a bit of a metal streak in their lesser known works, with just a hint of headbanginess, such as these 3 entries, for your inspection, here in the Twilight Zone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQrLZFXTl58

• 2 weeks later...

Go Bisharoo :rock:

I love all of those guys huge Steve Marriott fan i got to see him and Frank Marino and Mahogany rush in the Toledo sports arena in the late 70s after Frampton left and who my age didn't love Uriah heep!

Magicians birthday stealin easy livin sweet Loraine wow it gives me good spine tingles thinking about them and what kind of an impact they had my young rock and roll mind back then i was immersed in a bohemian type neighborhood open cannabis use free to all the entire town would converge on that little park and revel through the night i feel blessed to have grown up in that era of time . :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-tCigMeD0&feature=related

This dude went to my high school. Never knew him - that was years after I went there. I think he used to hang around our little venue in downtown Ypsi.

How you can make your own party song

Time for a little Monster Magnet in this thread. It's not metal, but it is heavy. Careful with this stuff - those guitars are addictive.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oh hell ya. I grew up on everything from the Cowsils, Vanilla Fudge, Strawberry AlarmClock, Uriah Heep, Boz Scaggs, Steely Dan ect. moved thru to Deep Purple Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbeth, then to Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dead Kenedy's, Dead Milkman, and right into Slayer, Death Angel, Testament, Megadeth, Exodus, DRI, ect....

My original band from the mid 80s to the early 90s kind of created a new class of metal... we called it Morbid Metal... While others talked about death, hatred and political strife at the time, we went way beyond all that.... We were a 3 Piece, though we tried a crapload of 2nd guitarists and had a heck of a time finding a fit.

one song called Mirror Mirror is as you can guess, is about cocaine.

one is called the Gavel, and its not about what it sounds like is should be.

but to get a bit more into it, we had one song called I Love You Dead. That title DID fit song content and intent.

A few others that is a bit more graphic in this nature is Corpse, a Dead Love, and Silent Leftovers

other Titles are

Technical Depression (intro to cd, basically an instrumental CF (ClusterFuk)

No Control

Death in Harmony (Album Title)

and Obey the Master.

We split up about 18 yrs ago, when He and the Drummer went to Fla, and I stayed here with my new baby girl. We spoke for the first time xmas '10. gave me a remastered mix from the originals, he moved to CD. cleaned up a bit, but you can tell the recording was on a early 70s 8track reel to reel recording. lol it just wasnt made to record metal. lol but overall some Killer Kick you in the Fking Gullet Metal.

WARNING: EXPLICIT LYRICS, CONTENT, AND INTENT>

http://www.myspace.com/dityme3/music

Pretty brutal stuff thanks for sharing !

Yes I'm into the majority of the bands you list i like everything but hip hop and rap being a guitar player Ive mellowed on hating on others works and playing styles age has allowed me to be more open minded to other genres of music and has helped me get better with my personal style of playing guitar.

Oh yea funny story here me and my soundboard guy drove all the way to see them on the defenders of the faith tour at wings stadium in k zoo they were under fire by Tipper Gore and the PMRC for having one of the filthy 15 songs on the radio that song being eat me alive with heavy reference to forced rape at gunpoint at wings stadium they played this song but a week later at cobo hall it wasn't on their set list the record company bowed to pressure from Washington wives and forced the priest to not play this song again live or over the radio it wasn't until the retribution CD where they started playing it live once again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVUgbEltV4

• 1 month later...