(Not Quite 40Th) Annual Hash Bash

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP-will the college kids accept old Cannabis users?

UM students suck pretty much. They will sleep through the Bash all hung over and shiit. Most of them hate the Hash Bash. But that won't stop the heads, young and old from invading "their" town (yeah, right!) and sticking it to the man with righteous protest and joyous celebration! We'll keep rollin' and smokin' and tokin' till the haze spreads for miles around.

Ill be there......mmma hoody on unless we get great weather.....who ever said the u of m students suck.....is so freakin wrong. Ive been to like 12 hashbashes.....2 dif times the school gave the permit to a dif group.....both times those students defied school and allowed us our protest. the students are there, and unlike a lot of the older heads.... they will stand up and be counted. This movement will not be carried on the backs of those who were to afraid to stand up years ago.....

I heard there maybe a medication tent there this year. anybody else hear this?

No why on earth would that have a medication tent when hundres if not thousands of people are freely using marijuana. Its only a concern if u light up on campus...afterwards we walk over to monroe street and the cops stand by while hundreds and hundreds of people light up. No tent needed.

No why on earth would that have a medication tent when hundres if not thousands of people are freely using marijuana. Its only a concern if u light up on campus...afterwards we walk over to monroe street and the cops stand by while hundreds and hundreds of people light up. No tent needed.

I did not realize that. I haven`t been since the 90`s and everyone smoked during the protest while leo nabbed the ones on the outside of the group. Sounds like it`s a lot better know. We got busted in the parking garage last time I went so I was just trying to avoid that happening again.

Ill be there......mmma hoody on unless we get great weather.....who ever said the u of m students suck.....is so freakin wrong. Ive been to like 12 hashbashes.....2 dif times the school gave the permit to a dif group.....both times those students defied school and allowed us our protest. the students are there, and unlike a lot of the older heads.... they will stand up and be counted. This movement will not be carried on the backs of those who were to afraid to stand up years ago.....

I've only missed a few since '89 and I live and work in this town and I think the student turnout at Hash Bash is low. Is the student group you are talking about called FOKUS? Yeah, they tried to hijack Hash Bash by scheduling their event at the same place and time before Hash Bash organizers secured it. I'm sure they had no idea Hash Bash is always first Saturday of April. :rolleyes: They so graciously allowed Hash Bash speakers to speak for half an hour only. Why not just let it go the full hour? Everyone was pissed and no one stayed for FUKUS' wack-asss shiit! <_< I know not all students are wack by the way. Some are super cool and will be there no doubt. :thumbsu:

This is the impetus that led to the situation that made the original Hash Bash possible - John Sinclair's ten year imprisonment for delivering two joints to an undercover narc and the star-studded benefit concert that turned the tide against The Man.

Joe, is there a particular flyer that you would like us to pass out? if so, please post here and many other places, so we can print as needed.

Thanks, much!

Wifey and i are gonna be there fo sho! (still working on the day care.)

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/28456-protest-flyer-for-general-distribution/page__p__264939__hl__%2Bflyers+%2B__fromsearch__1#entry264939

High noon 4/2/11 on the Diag at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor - It's FREE!!! It's FUN!!! It's the Hash Bash fortieth anniversary. Come celebrate forty years of decriminalization of Cannabis in Ann Arbor!

My first Hash Bash was 2008. Afterward I followed the crowd and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLI1hLvYM4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84cno1xEdK8

I have been to everyone since.

I will be there like the last 3 years , If ya type on youtube hash bash 2009 , in the video at 1:22 my wife and I were guarding the barrier on monroe street for the MMMA and handing out flyers , If MMMA needs any help again this year let me know. Also a meeting of us MMMA community would be cool.. Since I live in the UP I don't get much of a chance to meet any of you from here .

wow. my first hash bash was........32 YEARS AGO! we skipped school (7th grade) and got a friends brother to drive. I was amazed. people smoking EVERYWHERE, open sales in front of police, nudity!! and yet total harmony. I've been hooked ever since and will be there again this year. I'll be the guy with long hair!! say hello!!

p.s. I'ts not like that anymore. although I do love being able to openly smoke at the Fair. it's the only time of the year you can order a drink and roll one up at the bar!!

Archived