(Not Quite 40Th) Annual Hash Bash

to bad the fair dont let people sell stuff, might be a bigger turn out.

I got told I could not have a booth cause they have people to sell shirts and pipes allready! The web site says there looking for vendors though,lol.

If ya want a deal on shirts check out the norml 1/4 meeting I should be able to get a booth there! Will be there friday and saturday.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the Hash Bash located at in Ann Arbor? Downtown?

Is it a all day event?

Trix

The protest rally is from 12-1 PM at the Diag on UM campus. The Diag is located East of State St and North of South University St near Downtown Ann Arbor. Afterward the crowd shifts to nearby Monroe St. for live music, vendors and Dominick's Pizza (a very cool place to meet.) Around 6:00 Monroe street wraps it up. Various Hash Bash parties ensue that you will probably get flyers for at the Bash.

to bad the fair dont let people sell stuff, might be a bigger turn out.

I got told I could not have a booth cause they have people to sell shirts and pipes allready! The web site says there looking for vendors though,lol.

If ya want a deal on shirts check out the norml 1/4 meeting I should be able to get a booth there! Will be there friday and saturday.

you gotta be way in advance n have like 350....yes limited space. in most commercial zones you cant just open up shop.

I will be there like the last 3 years , If ya type on youtube hash bash 2009 , in the video at 1:22 my wife and I were guarding the barrier on monroe street for the MMMA and handing out flyers , If MMMA needs any help again this year let me know. Also a meeting of us MMMA community would be cool.. Since I live in the UP I don't get much of a chance to meet any of you from here .

we were their last year also helped at the MMMA booth the only way we will go this year if the MMMA needs are help

you gotta be way in advance n have like 350....yes limited space. in most commercial zones you cant just open up shop.

I've been emailing the last 3-4 months with no reply.

someone was able to help me out and got someone to call me on the phone. As soon as I said Tshirts and pipes they said "nope sorry, we exclusive shirt and pipe vendors"!

even there web site says there looking for "shirt" vendors! why put something if it aint true?

Be cautious if you are inclined to light up. not sure of the exact restrictions, but I do not believe that you can light up on U of M property--I saw quite a few get arrested last year

Thanks you are right their are aleays a few people that get busted their and the card wont help you when it happens

UM police operate on state law so it is advised to not smoke on campus i.e. the Diag where the rally is held. Monroe Street, where the rest of the day's festivities are based is not on campus so Ann Arbor's $25 fine applies there. Campus extends to the North edge of Monroe Street so be aware of where you are if you are medicating. I do not know how UM police are treating cardholders. I did note a decrease in overt police presence at last years Hash Bash. Could be more undercovers though? Be careful no matter what and enjoy the atmosphere of relative permissiveness in A2 without a problem.

I've been to DOZENS of hash bash events. be VERY careful lighting up on school propriety, but it can be done. as soon as you step off the curb to Monroe St. you can smoke at will. I don't share unless I know you, don't want "distribution by gift" charges. in other places in the city, as long as your discreet the cops usually won't hassle you and the most your risking is a $25 ticket. other than that, don't act like an idiot and you WON'T have a problem

EDIT: alcohol is the #1 cause of problems with cops at hash bash. no open intox on the streets, don't pee in the alley, careful where you park and don't extend your time limit

ye dam whippersnapper.... what kind of comment is that?? just cause someone made a judgemental comment on the students doesn't mean us older folks aint making the change.. please refrain from making comments in a negative manner to your elders,my AMMO box is older than you are. In my day we did for the NEXT generation, this generation does for themselves and has no respect for what people went through to get them where we are. I am self sufficient, I NEED NOONE, how bout you???? :thumbsu: :jipo:

Ill be there......mmma hoody on unless we get great weather.....who ever said the u of m students suck.....is so freakin wrong. Ive been to like 12 hashbashes.....2 dif times the school gave the permit to a dif group.....both times those students defied school and allowed us our protest. the students are there, and unlike a lot of the older heads.... they will stand up and be counted. This movement will not be carried on the backs of those who were to afraid to stand up years ago.....

Wow! Can't belive 40 yrs have flown by already...last time I was in Ann Arbor was in the very early 70's, went to see Cheech & Chong.I think! Honestly don't remember too much of the night, but I KNOW I had a great time. If memory serves me right, in those days "On campus" you got a $20 fine for possesion on campus, but anywhere else you may well have looked at a 20 yr prison visit! So glad times have started to change. Hope the bash is blessed with decent weather, this is Michigan and sun,rain,sleet & snow have been known to happen in the same day here! LOL :) I won't be able to make the trip, but if someone would "fire one up" for me and just have a great time, that will be great....I'll stay at the homestead and "pretend" I'm there!!! Have a safe trip home from the event and watch for the boys in blue....ENJOY LIFE!

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend.. pass it over to me..........mmmmmmhhhhhh,mmmmmhhhhhhh, ahhhhhh!

I've been emailing the last 3-4 months with no reply.

someone was able to help me out and got someone to call me on the phone. As soon as I said Tshirts and pipes they said "nope sorry, we exclusive shirt and pipe vendors"!

even there web site says there looking for "shirt" vendors! why put something if it aint true?

everything they said is true....by advanced i mean like start talking next year. theres like 8 spots available for the whole thing....you want one ask for next year.

Wow! Can't belive 40 yrs have flown by already...last time I was in Ann Arbor was in the very early 70's, went to see Cheech & Chong.I think! Honestly don't remember too much of the night, but I KNOW I had a great time. If memory serves me right, in those days "On campus" you got a $20 fine for possesion on campus, but anywhere else you may well have looked at a 20 yr prison visit! So glad times have started to change. Hope the bash is blessed with decent weather, this is Michigan and sun,rain,sleet & snow have been known to happen in the same day here! LOL :) I won't be able to make the trip, but if someone would "fire one up" for me and just have a great time, that will be great....I'll stay at the homestead and "pretend" I'm there!!! Have a safe trip home from the event and watch for the boys in blue....ENJOY LIFE!

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend.. pass it over to me..........mmmmmmhhhhhh,mmmmmhhhhhhh, ahhhhhh!

I'll light one up in your honor on Hash Bash, Tabitha. :))

Do we have MMMA pins or something we can wear at the bash? I tried clicking on the store link but got a error.

[#10X100] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

I don't have a printer to print out copies but I would be happy to help hand some out.

Has Bash Weekend Extras....

Expo Entertainment Group (EEG) has donated Ann Arbor's only legal Med Tent to Michigan NORML's quarterly meeting at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center on Jackson Road at I-94 (about 4 miles from the diag). The tent will be open 3pm to 12 midnight Friday, and 9am to 1am Saturday.

We also have other events at the hotel. On Friday EEG has arranged to have a remote studio audience via Skype for the live airing of Cannabis Common Sense. There will be FREE seating for the first 100 attendees. On Saturday, we are screening two movies starting at 7pm. The first is the Len Richmond film, "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer", with a live Skype appearance by the film maker. The second is Pineapple Express. This is a fundraiser event for MINORML and the Kalamazoo LLEP campaign and the cost is $10.

On Saturday EEG is hosting the Ann Arbor 2011 Dispensary Tour. We have 90 total seats available on 2 luxury Party Limo's that will pick up passengers from Monroe Street Fair and take them on a 2-1/2 hour tour of 4 of Ann Arbor's finest dispensaries. Each dispensary will provide samples of their finest for our passengers to sample between stops. Passengers may pre-register for the tour Friday night at the Clarion Hotel in the NORMALL. The NORMALL is a conference room at the Clarion that has several vendors for guests and visitors. The tour costs $20 per person.

Come and visit us, check out the Med Tent and hear MINORML speakers.

Brad

Expo Entertainment Group (EEG) has donated Ann Arbor's only legal Med Tent to Michigan NORML's quarterly meeting at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center on Jackson Road at I-94 (about 4 miles from the diag). The tent will be open 3pm to 12 midnight Friday, and 9am to 1am Saturday.

We also have other events at the hotel. On Friday EEG has arranged to have a remote studio audience via Skype for the live airing of Cannabis Common Sense. There will be FREE seating for the first 100 attendees. On Saturday, we are screening two movies starting at 7pm. The first is the Len Richmond film, "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer", with a live Skype appearance by the film maker. The second is Pineapple Express. This is a fundraiser event for MINORML and the Kalamazoo LLEP campaign and the cost is $10.

On Saturday EEG is hosting the Ann Arbor 2011 Dispensary Tour. We have 90 total seats available on 2 luxury Party Limo's that will pick up passengers from Monroe Street Fair and take them on a 2-1/2 hour tour of 4 of Ann Arbor's finest dispensaries. Each dispensary will provide samples of their finest for our passengers to sample between stops. Passengers may pre-register for the tour Friday night at the Clarion Hotel in the NORMALL. The NORMALL is a conference room at the Clarion that has several vendors for guests and visitors. The tour costs $20 per person.

Brad

this sure sounds like a great time is the MMMA supporting this and the bash we want to work it you need us PM me i will be their

I sure hope the MMMA supports us and I'm pretty sure they do. EEG would love to do some fundraising for the MMMA too. The events at the Clarion are FREE, or are fundraisers. The Dispensary Tour is an EEG for profit project.

I have developed a plan for a joint MMMA/MINORML fundraiser for later this fall, but I better run it by BB and Rev. Steve before I release any details here. But here's a clue... what's 5 miles long and open to pedestrian traffic only 1 day each year?

I sure hope the MMMA supports us and I'm pretty sure they do. EEG would love to do some fundraising for the MMMA too. The events at the Clarion are FREE, or are fundraisers. The Dispensary Tour is an EEG for profit project.

I have developed a plan for a joint MMMA/MINORML fundraiser for later this fall, but I better run it by BB and Rev. Steve before I release any details here. But here's a clue... what's 5 miles long and open to pedestrian traffic only 1 day each year?

can any one say bridge day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlM60Nwc6CE

Brad

LOL

wow. my first hash bash was........32 YEARS AGO! we skipped school (7th grade) and got a friends brother to drive. I was amazed. people smoking EVERYWHERE, open sales in front of police, nudity!! and yet total harmony. I've been hooked ever since and will be there again this year. I'll be the guy with long hair!! say hello!!

p.s. I'ts not like that anymore. although I do love being able to openly smoke at the Fair. it's the only time of the year you can order a drink and roll one up at the bar!!

I'll be the gal with the long hair ;)

Better take some empty wheelchairs just incase thats a 8 mile walk lot to lot . Gives me a goal sure sounds like fun .

Archived