Oakland County Sheriff Confirms South American Drug Cartel Arrests For Mmj

Guest 1TokeOverLine

"Just like during prohibition, whiskey was brought across the river from Canada and the gangsters were in control. We got rid of prohibition. We ought to probably think about that for marijuana and start focusing on real crime," said Oakland County Commissioner Craig Covey.

Wonder how long Covey will have a job......

1T

Focus on Mr. Covey , sounds like "a friend of ours". And I guess to be optimistic , they were doing their job and caught outside interlopers thereby protecting the legal MMJ community. Propaganda aside,I'm just trying to put a happy spin, it's a stretch but there it is.

Bouchard and Cooper at it again...

I dont know what to say about this, save for I don't trust anything Jessica Cooper or Mike Bouchard say. I think they are fear-mongering to try to gather support to defeat our law. Stay safe and legal folks.

Thanks

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) - Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard has confirmed that arrests have been made involving a South American drug cartel that allegedly used Michigan's medical marijuana laws to front illegal drug activities.

"They were individuals from South America, cartel members specifically, that had targeted Michigan, made it a business decision," said Bouchard.

Members of the cartel reportedly conducted a nationwide search and determined that Michigan's low property values and vague medical marijuana laws provided the perfect front for their operation.

"Number of the people involved are convicted, multi-layer traffickers of cocaine and other things," Bouchard said. "They didn't plan to do medical marijuana. They planned to use the guise of medical marijuana to traffic large amounts of marijuana."

"When he's talking about drug cartels, he's talking about massive amounts of marijuana, and what that means is massive amounts of money. Massive amounts of money means crime," said Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper.

So, do political leaders think Michigan's medical laws promote organized crime?

"The problem is you have a law that's vague and you have a law that's very difficult for communities to enforce, and there are always going to be some folks that are going to try to take advantage of that," said Oakland County Commissioner Mike Bosnic.

"Just like during prohibition, whiskey was brought across the river from Canada and the gangsters were in control. We got rid of prohibition. We ought to probably think about that for marijuana and start focusing on real crime," said Oakland County Commissioner Craig Covey.

The identities of the people arrested remain under seal as this investigation continues.

Focus on Mr. Covey , sounds like "a friend of ours". And I guess to be optimistic , they were doing their job and caught outside interlopers thereby protecting the legal MMJ community. Propaganda aside,I'm just trying to put a happy spin, it's a stretch but there it is.

he was are Mayor inn Ferndale hes a good guy as far as Medical Marihuana IMO

I agree, however it does solidify thier anti-MMJ agenda. I wish those people would have just stayed underground as they put us legal users in a bad spot.

Good for Craig Covey for standing up against Bouchard and Cooper...seems the only one who is pro-cannabis while all the elected republican officials are clearly anti-cannabis...when will the propaganda machine stop from Oakland County...our law is meant to be a blanket of protection for a cannabis user not a steel sword...

I don't believe the medical marijuana connection.

I'm glad I don't live in Oakland county.

Cant wait to see those freaks getting voted out in 2012. I don't think the children should be be subjected to their irrational thought. Many Oakland County politicians, police and judges are a danger to children, society, democracy and civil rights.

Save the children...Vote against the control freaks in Oakland County.

Isn't there some kind of registry we should put these control freaks on.

i dont think Oakland county is pressing to Kill the law, but make it look so ineptly handled, that the ONLY WAY TO MAKE MMJ work in Michigan, is for the State to have ONE State ran grow facility.

In my opinion, Oakland is banking on they will be the county to house said facility.

i recently read a thread over on RIU i think it was, about Oakland County here in Michigan, trying to get things organized to use some of the large buildings in the county to house grow facilities.

i read where they are lobbying to set up a 110 THOUSAND sq ft facility. If allowed to happen, this would be the largest MMJ or any Marihuana related grow facility IN THE WORLD.

no you look at how JOAKland County has handled the individiual cases of MMJ grows in their jurisdicion, then add to the puzzle that they are angling to allow to the worlds largest grow facility, ofcourse fully state controlled, then it makes PERFECT SENCE why we see the news storys we DO SEE>

ie.. ""SEE, John Q. Pubic is just to dumb and irresponsible to handle growing MMJ for ill patients. we have had to needlessly arrest him on a daily basis, due to his incompatance, and in ability to work Legaly with in the States Laws. They even Work with Mexican Drug Cartels, they are so dumb. That is why we fine folks running Oakland county are going to make it so we are the ONLY place in the state that can grow medicine for the states patients.

See you all will have to pay us, we ll pay the state their taxes, and we, as a county, can keep the rest of the money right here, and give ourselves monthly bonuses of 100,000.00.

ya, they have an agenda alright. but i doubt its to totally kill the law, just re write it so only they can grow in the entire state. in the worlds largest indoor facility. oh, and make all the money from their illegal grows.

First off they present no evidence that the people they busted were cartel members. More likely just illegal Mexicans and Bouchard is using their race as an excuse to link them to cartels. The idea that they did an in-depth analysis of the laws in each state and choose ours is absurd. If they were that sophisticated they would have chosen a state where people actually had some money to buy their product.

Thanks

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) - Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard has confirmed that arrests have been made involving a South American drug cartel that allegedly used Michigan's medical marijuana laws to front illegal drug activities.

"They were individuals from South America, cartel members specifically, that had targeted Michigan, made it a business decision," said Bouchard.

Members of the cartel reportedly conducted a nationwide search and determined that Michigan's low property values and vague medical marijuana laws provided the perfect front for their operation.

"Number of the people involved are convicted, multi-layer traffickers of cocaine and other things," Bouchard said. "They didn't plan to do medical marijuana. They planned to use the guise of medical marijuana to traffic large amounts of marijuana."

"When he's talking about drug cartels, he's talking about massive amounts of marijuana, and what that means is massive amounts of money. Massive amounts of money means crime," said Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper.

So, do political leaders think Michigan's medical laws promote organized crime?

"The problem is you have a law that's vague and you have a law that's very difficult for communities to enforce, and there are always going to be some folks that are going to try to take advantage of that," said Oakland County Commissioner Mike Bosnic.

The identities of the people arrested remain under seal as this investigation continues.

Never have i heard of this being done! They just LOVE to parade defendants in the press, I don't believe a word they're saying!!

Now if a plea deal gets these supposed drug dealers deported I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut this entire story is false in order to ratchet up the reefer madness.

Arrest some illegal immigrants who may of been in possession or even legal patients growing and come up with some concocted story of international drug dealers in Mi. Look out, here comes the brown menace!

Never have i heard of this being done! They just LOVE to parade defendants in the press, I don't believe a word they're saying!!

Now if a plea deal gets these supposed drug dealers deported I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut this entire story is false in order to ratchet up the reefer madness.

Arrest some illegal immigrants who may of been in possession or even legal patients growing and come up with some concocted story of international drug dealers in Mi. Look out, here comes the brown menace!

I agree it's B.S

i ll have to dig for the thread. but no, it specifically mentioned Oakland Michigan, cuz that was my first thought when i seen oakland. but when i seen they were referring to Mi, thats when a lil light bulb turned on, and i could see a clear connection.

may take me a bit. in the middle of a bunch of crap to take care of today. but ill find the link and quote i read.

Guest finallyfree09

wow man! i grew up in ortonville and NOTHING i ever saw from law enforcement would indicate ANY intelligence. officer osbourne was cool back in the day but i don't know if he is even around anymore.

so anyways.... why aren't the news people talking to mr covey more often??? should we contact him? this man could be an asset to our movement. why wouldn't he be? he's the smartest govt official alive if you ask me.

heres one link to a page on RIU. this is not the deal i was speaking of, but it does shed a little bit of light into the possible BackGround, hidden intentions in Joakland Co.

http://www.rollitup....-marijuana.html

i ll try to find the actual thread. no luck so far.

Face it if they want to tax it and they need to centralize it with more control to get a cut so this will be attractive once society wears down its resistance to change . The little caregiver and patients are truly David's against Goliath . Regulation will ruin what we have now .

I have not yet seen any group truly delineate models that would apply to medicinal and recreational use . Just the extension of the medical model that would more then likely morph in someway . The medicinal model would fill recreational need with a huge battle on how to regulate it pushing personal grows to very small or non existent like liquor . In addition we will see the FDA taking over medicinal with synthetics and natural variants with little choice in strains . There is going to be one heck of a battle the more patients signed on in the Country the better before the swing in directions ..

Legalization for everyone is inevitable because the penalties are so ridiculous now for growing / use and the lack of true respect by the general population for the real medicinal benefits seeing that as a seperate need . The general population just won't accept being left out continuing the hypocrisy and misery of this piece of the drug war that drives so much activity into the underground economy .

First time I have ever seen a picture of Bouchard. The guy does look like a mamma's boy, weenie. That star on the wall in the background is his source of power. He wants you to worship it and, by default, him when he is wearing it. Being a god means never having to be questioned about your actions or motives.

i ll have to dig for the thread. but no, it specifically mentioned Oakland Michigan, cuz that was my first thought when i seen oakland. but when i seen they were referring to Mi, thats when a lil light bulb turned on, and i could see a clear connection.

may take me a bit. in the middle of a bunch of crap to take care of today. but ill find the link and quote i read.

did you find the link ? it's very inporant if you find it

did you find the link ? it's very inporant if you find it

The link he provided before wasn't relevant to this.

That link was about the guy in Royal Oak that had warehouse space that he proposed using it for medical marijuana grows. He wanted to rent out warehouse space for grows. The city shot that down last Spring.

If that's the situation you are referring to, I believe you are confusing the facts.....

Archived